/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People who die without hearing of Islam?

doruk
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Hello,

Last night, i was watching a documentary about a native community living in a jungle when the same question came to my mind again... These people will live and die without getting to know even the name of Islam... Most of them had never and seem not to have in the early future to learn about Quran...Then how will these people be judged? What mechanism would make them to go to heaven or hell?

Allah is the most righteous...and thus he must do the judgement in the most appropiate way...It's just that i can't figure out how...

Thanks anyone who would help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-25-2005, 01:24 PM
:sl:
I assume Allah would make the decision based on the people's good deeds and bad deeds. However, I'm no sheik or anything so feel free to say otherwise.

doruk
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
That sounds like the most reasonable answer aamirsaab tough not very satisfactory. Thanx anyways.

mahdisoldier19
08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Assalama Alakam

Doesnt Allah swt say that i have sent a messanger to civilizations and that if Allah swt hadnt they will not be punished. But i mean they say the native americans been there for thousands of years but if you go back to Noah sws he goes Wayyyy back

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
:sl:
From what I have been taught is these people will be given a test on the Day of Judgement. If they pass they'll go to paradise if not they'll got to hell. I guess it will test them to see if they will believe in a superior being.

Allah knows best.

doruk
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Assalama Aleykum,

How can someone deny a superior being in the day of judgement? That doesn't sound too reasonable.

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah it doesn't. Maybe its when they die, I'm just telling you what I have been told (thats why I added allah knows best in the end)...but maybe if someone tried looking it up that would be better.

Ra`eesah
08-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

What will really happen to, e.g., a Christian, who never heard about Islam, and they died, like billions of people have; will they go to hell just because they didn't believe in Muhammad? If Yes, how is that fair?

Allah tells us in the Quran that He never punishes a nation until after He has sent a messenger with the clear message of "Worship your Creator and Sustainer alone without partners."

The Quran does not tell us that everyone who didn't believe in Muhammad, peace be upon him, is going to Hell. The Quran tells us that Allah created us in a test, here on earth. The test is to see (for us to see) who is the best in worship of Allah. The translation more or less, says, "Allah has only created you to worship Him." [Quran 51:56]

He also tells us that, He does not forgive anyone to set up partners with Him in worship, but anything less than that He can forgive.

Notice too, in the Quran that Allah gives many examples of people who lived before Muhammad, peace be upon him, that did go to Paradise, because they believed in the current prophet that had been sent to them and obeyed God and their prophet. That is the meaning of "Islam." A person who never heard of any prophet, yet they believed in God as the Creator, Sustainer of them and the universe and tried to worship Him according to whatever Allah let them know, it would be up to Allah to know what is in their hearts and what is in their minds and He is their ultimate Judge, and this is one of His Attributes or beautiful names, "Al Hakeem" (The Judge).

He also says that He does not punish for what people do not know or what is beyond their control or ability. In other words, He is most Fair. And that also happens to be one of His beautiful Names and Characteristics, "Al-Adil" The Just.

What about your question, if reversed though?
Suppose you asked a Christian the same thing about their religion, what would they say?
I have of course, spoken with many preachers and priests and they have all indicated that in Christianity if a person did not acknowledge "Jesus as their savior" they would go to Hell.

Is that fair?

source: http://www.islamalways.com/en/module...article&sid=17

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
What about someone who has never heard of Islam?
Ans: Allah is the most just. It is inconceivable to perceive of anyone acting with more beneficence than Allah. Allah is the most just and in the Quran He said: "We will not punish without sending someone to warn you". The "We" here is the majestic we used in Arabic. So if a person never heard about Islam, and was never warned clearly, Allah would have a special test for that person that He knows is equal to the chance that person would have had on earth

http://www.islamicfinder.org/faq/lis...ang=english#35

doruk
08-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Salaam and Thanx, 3washey and faith...They were quite useful articles...

I understand then, everyone has the ability to believe in one Allah (in his/her fıtra), if they were given a book or not. Then the question arises about the true purposes of the books...It can't only be to make people believe in one God, because they can already do it without the books.

This all discussion also reminded me the book Hay Bin Yakzan by İbn Tufeyl which was about a boy living alone in an island discovering the basic teachings of Quran just by himself.

root
08-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I think 3washy is being misleading.

What about your question, if reversed though?
Suppose you asked a Christian the same thing about their religion, what would they say?
I have of course, spoken with many preachers and priests and they have all indicated that in Christianity if a person did not acknowledge "Jesus as their savior" they would go to Hell.

Is that fair?
On the basis that we are discussing people who have no knowledge of a faith. The context by which you deliver the christian point below is out of context

Christianity if a person did not acknowledge "Jesus as their savior" they would go to Hell.
This sentence is being taken out of context, since I suspect it refers to knowledge of Jesus in the first place. Unless of course you can ptovide a reference that indicates Christians beleive non beleivers in Isolation of religion are going to hell.

Ra`eesah
08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
root are u saying that in Christianty an individual does NOT have to take "Jesus to be his LORD and SAVIOUR?" and he will enter heaven?

root
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
root are u saying that in Christianty an individual does NOT have to take "Jesus to be his LORD and SAVIOUR?" and he will enter heaven?
No, I am saying that Christianity like Islam rewrite the rules to accomodate people on this planet that are void of mainstream religous teachings and that non christians who have never been exposed to christianity will not simply go to hell as you have suggested.

Regards

Root

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
No, I am saying that Christianity like Islam rewrite the rules to accomodate people on this planet that are void of mainstream religous teachings
Some Christians try to re-interpret rules, but most Christians stick with the mainstream view that those who have never heard the gospel are lost. As one Christian writes:
Because the Scripture does not specifically address this issue, we cannot make an absolute statement concerning it. However, since the Bible does state that salvation is only through Jesus and that a person must receive Christ, then logically we conclude that those who have not heard the gospel are lost. This is all the more reason to preach the gospel to everyone.
The above quote is taken from the following article, found on an extremely popular Christian Evangelical site:
http://www.carm.org/email/skep_neverheard.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.