/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE can you pray for me

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

i have my driving test tomorrow,( not my first one) and am extremely nervous, coz i always panic and my nerves take over me, even if i start off calm, i end up becoming anxious and make silly mistakes imsad so PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEESE can you pray that i pass. im the eldest of my siblings so i REALLY REALLY need to pass now, coz im also gettin skint :cry: and rents are on my case:nervous:

Also does anyone know of anything that i should read that will help me to pass, any duas??? i'll be ever so grateful if you could help and also pray that i pass this time :happy:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
3ARABY_2005
07-13-2007, 03:36 PM
نسأل الله تعالى ان يوفقكم فى الامتحان
اللهم آمين

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
JazakAllah khair brother, but what exactly does it mean. Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but my arabic aint all that good. :cry:

Star
07-13-2007, 03:51 PM
:sl: uktee

hope your test goes well, insha'allah, i'll remember you in my du'as.

:w:

PS: tell us if you pass or not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-13-2007, 06:10 PM
:salamext:

When mounting a means of transport:

SubhanAll-ladhi, sakh-khara lana, haatha, wa-ma kunna lahu mukrineen. Wa inna ila Rubbina lamunqalibuun

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/...avel_duas.html

ummAbdillah
07-13-2007, 06:13 PM
InshaAllah Allah will make it easy for you, just give it you best shot sis.
:wasalamex

*~Sofia~*
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Salams sis

one word: Don't panic! ok that was two words but u get ma point lol
i no how u feel.. it's very nerve-wreckin takin ur test, but dnt worry im sure u will be fine :D jus remember everything the examiner asks u to do..u have already bin practicing durin ur lessons.. and u must be good at em seeing as ur going for ur test :)
if u do make any mistakes... don't stress or panic about them.. it's done. just concentrate on the rest of the examination. trust me thats the best fing to do. wen i took my test i made a wrong turning at the rounda-bout.. i was like 'oh man!' but i jus went round again and did it well the second time round. the examiner was well impressed and i passed :D

just keep calm, concentrate, focus on passing and pretend the examiner aint sittin next to ya! lol
ill make du'as that u pass inshallah :D

wasalam sis

p.s sorry if i wrote u an essay! lol

x

ansar.tajudeen
07-13-2007, 06:26 PM
walaikum salaam sister,

dont worry allah is watching us every minute he knows wat to give it to us and wen to give !

even for myself wen went for taking driving liscence i also feared but allah has given me strength to pass the test (since tats the first time i drive two wheeler in india v supposed to put 8 with two wheeler withput touching the ground allah made me to put it)alhamdulilah..

during my driving test wen i seated in vehicle i said "alhamdulilah ya allah u hav given me strength to be seated in this vehicle protect me"

and also i will ask dua to pass in u r test...

Haidar_Abbas
07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Bismillah. May Allah(SWT) help you in your endevours sister.. ameen. Asalaamu Alaikoum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I will pray 3 times instead of twice for you my friend.

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM

Awww JazakAllah Khair brothers and sisters i really needed that encouragement from you guys, :D as i aint told my family or friends this time round (less pressure i hope) :D

im already panicking here,:-[ wont be able to sleep properly tonight,
JazakAllah for the support and please pray that all goes well tomorrow, INSHALLAH.

Im also slightly worried coz the area im gonna have my test in, is somewhat racist, (well that’s what i've been told from many ppl,) as in toward muslims that practice Islamic dress, :cry: My sister had a test in a worse area then the one im gonna have it in and few instructor i know have said that the examiners in that area make their mind made up weather you pass or fail before you even get in the car, this was the case with my sister, And she doesn’t even wear the hijab :rollseyes She said the guy she had was blatantly racist and failed her, when she clearly knew she didnt make the mistake that he claimed she did. And all the asians that had their test the same time my sis had hers failed too.

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 09:53 PM
:eek: Come on brothers and sisters i need more encouragement :D lol............. still panicking here, :scared: i could do with a bit more support and pleeeeeeeease pray that all goes well tomorrow, INSHALLAH.

you will all be in my duas too, :smile:

H4RUN
07-13-2007, 10:02 PM
:sl::sl::sl:

InshaAllah u'll pass! I mean i passed yesterday:p:p:D:D:D officially legal:D

Just be calm, dont think 2 much of the examiner, be careful, drive safe, check the mirrors alot, make it obvious lol MOVE your head:D And dont rush the roundabouts or corners:D Keep up with the speed limit, signal correct times, that's bout all there is to it really...oh and yeah make sure u have the car key:p

I thought the examiner for some reason had the car keys, he said i may go, i replied there's one issue, that would be that u have the key..[i dunno why i assumed this]

He then assured me he hasnt, i insisted he did...then i checked my pockets:p I HAD THEM!
Wasnt the brightest of starts, but it did break the ice some what, got us both laughing, from there on, was all koool.

They're usually friendly people, so yeah erm InshaAllah you'll pass:D Good luck, drive safe, may the force be with u :D:p

FiamanAllah

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
^^^^^^

lol jazakAllah reading that has somewhat calmed me down :giggling:

what made you think the examiner had the keys, lol, but then again i guess it was probly nerves , i actually did something like that,in my first test, i kinda for a few secs forgot where i parked the car. :embarrass. Yes i know thats dumb but i was well nervous, i was like umm im not quite sure where the car is parked, and he looked at me like i was :uuh:.lol

i hope i dont have a male examiner that will make me even more nervous, :scared:

H4RUN
07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
:sl:

lol^ Usually u park in the car park:p Usually outside the doors:p...usually i am wrong :p

I wasnt nervous:D inside i was quite confident :p Well i saw some keys in his hands, and for some reason i thought i gave him the keys along with my paperwork... It did help cos he was a jolly ol' fella:D

Aslong as u dont speak like a chav to the examiner:p I did manage not to say 'init' lool Speak well, they probably will ask you things, just to make conversation...if not..do what i did when i got bored...Mention the good ol' Brish*t weather lol :D

:w: Good luck again, although you'll cream it:D;)

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
^^

lol nah we dont have a car park in our test centre, we gotta park it a few roads down, and coz my nerves had taken over me, i couldnt remember what road i had parked it :-[ . Inshallah i wont do that again.

And as for using the word innit, i wouldnt know what word to replace it wiv. :-\ Last time i had me test it was a typical british wheater, it was sunny one mintute then stated raining the next minute, and coz i had my window open (need fresh air to calm me down i was soaked. lol

jazakAllah for your encouragement,and inshallah i pass the time round

- Qatada -
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM

Someone asked the Messenger of Allaah's companion - Ali ibn Abi Talib;

What is the most strongest thing which Allaah has created?

He showed his 10 fingers, and said:

- Allaah made the mountains which have been standing for centuries.

However, mountains can be carved out and cut by Metal. Therefore Metal is stronger.

However, metal can be melted by fire - so fire is stronger.

But fire can be extinguished by water, so water is stronger.

But water can be carried by the clouds.

But the wind can blow the clouds in different directions - so that is stronger.

But the son of Adam can walk even if the wind comes in his way.

Yet intoxicants can even weaken the son of Adam and make him lose control of himself/herself.

But sleep can overcome this feeling of the effects of intoxication.

However, one cannot sleep if they have anxiety.

So maybe anxiety is the most strongest thing which Allaah has created?

Anxiety is fear of the future, and sorrow is regret of the past.. if someone has both of these inside of them - they can't live a proper normal day, that's because they always afraid of the past and the future.

That's why, there's a prayer which the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace be upon him) would pray;

Allahumma inni 'a'udhubika minal hammi walhuzni, Wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, Wa dal'id-daiyni wa ghalabatir-rajal

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/158

Once, they came to Abu ad-Darda' while he was in the mosque, saying to him: "O Abu ad-Darda'! Your house has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They said: "It has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They went to see that the fire had consumed everything in the area, and had stopped right at Abu ad-Darda''s house, and he did not even get up to go see for himself. They came back and asked him: "What drove you to insist that it had not been burned down?" He replied: "The Messenger of Allah had taught me some words that, if I say them, I will not be stricken with any harm," - he is secure! - "'O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief, and I seek refuge with You from inability and laziness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardliness and stinginess, and I seek refuge with You from being overpowered by debts and men,' so, I made this supplication."

In regards to this same supplication, Abu Umamah narrated: "I was sitting in the mosque, when the Messenger of Allah asked me: "What is wrong, Abu Umamah?" I replied: "I am in distress because of a debt that I owe." The Prophet then told me: "Supplicate with these words ('O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief...')." So, I supplicated with these words, and Allah removed my distress, and paid off my debt."

H4RUN
07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
:sl:[ to whom it concerns:p]REPEAT AFTER ME

I WILL PASS INIT, I WILL PASS INIT, I WILL PASS INIT, INIT!

So yeah erm init:D

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 10:32 PM
:D lol innit , inshAllah

MuslimSis&proud
07-13-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

Someone asked the Messenger of Allaah's companion - Ali ibn Abi Talib;

What is the most strongest thing which Allaah has created?

He showed his 10 fingers, and said:

- Allaah made the mountains which have been standing for centuries.

However, mountains can be carved out and cut by Metal. Therefore Metal is stronger.

However, metal can be melted by fire - so fire is stronger.

But fire can be extinguished by water, so water is stronger.

But water can be carried by the clouds.

But the wind can blow the clouds in different directions - so that is stronger.

But the son of Adam can walk even if the wind comes in his way.

Yet intoxicants can even weaken the son of Adam and make him lose control of himself/herself.

But sleep can overcome this feeling of the effects of intoxication.

However, one cannot sleep if they have anxiety.

So maybe anxiety is the most strongest thing which Allaah has created?

Anxiety is fear of the future, and sorrow is regret of the past.. if someone has both of these inside of them - they can't live a proper normal day, that's because they always afraid of the past and the future.

That's why, there's a prayer which the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace be upon him) would pray;

Allahumma inni 'a'udhubika minal hammi walhuzni, Wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, Wa dal'id-daiyni wa ghalabatir-rajal

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/158

Once, they came to Abu ad-Darda' while he was in the mosque, saying to him: "O Abu ad-Darda'! Your house has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They said: "It has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They went to see that the fire had consumed everything in the area, and had stopped right at Abu ad-Darda''s house, and he did not even get up to go see for himself. They came back and asked him: "What drove you to insist that it had not been burned down?" He replied: "The Messenger of Allah had taught me some words that, if I say them, I will not be stricken with any harm," - he is secure! - "'O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief, and I seek refuge with You from inability and laziness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardliness and stinginess, and I seek refuge with You from being overpowered by debts and men,' so, I made this supplication."

In regards to this same supplication, Abu Umamah narrated: "I was sitting in the mosque, when the Messenger of Allah asked me: "What is wrong, Abu Umamah?" I replied: "I am in distress because of a debt that I owe." The Prophet then told me: "Supplicate with these words ('O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief...')." So, I supplicated with these words, and Allah removed my distress, and paid off my debt."

JazakAllah khair for the dua, i was looking for this, inshallah it will calm my nerves for tomorrow. :smile:

MuslimSis&proud
07-14-2007, 02:48 PM

OMG i cant believe it.......i passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoooooooooooooo :D :D :D :p :p

im well chaft :shade: :D :D

surprisingly i weren’t as nervous as i usually would be in these situations. :phew The dua i read definitely worked wonders as it took away my anxiety, which usually gets the better of me.:(

AND obviously JAZAKALLAH KHAIR TO ALL THOSE WHO PRAYED FOR ME. You will certainly be in my duas too. WOOOHOOOO :p im legal and can start goin cruzin, ;D ;D ;D (just kiddin) :X :D

*~Sofia~*
07-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Salam sis!

CONGRATS!! u PASSSED!! yay im sooo :D 4 u! i knew u cud do it!!! well done :D

hehe @ crusing ! ;D

nway well done again!!! :D :D :D :D

yayy

w'salam
*hugs*
x

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2007, 02:58 PM
congratulations mashaALlah

MuslimSis&proud
07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salam sis!

CONGRATS!! u PASSSED!! yay im sooo :D 4 u! i knew u cud do it!!! well done :D

hehe @ crusing ! ;D

nway well done again!!! :D :D :D :D

yayy

w'salam
*hugs*
x

awwwwwwww jazakAllah sis for you words of encouragement they certainly helped :D :D :D :thankyou: still cant believe i passed, plus i wasnt a nervous wreck, like i though i would be. Alhamduillah all went well. YIPPYYY:D i cant stop smiling :D lol

MuslimSis&proud
07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
congratulations mashaALlah

JazakAllah Khair brother :D :D :D

my face is starting to hurt from all the smiling,lol

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2007, 03:05 PM
^ yeah u kno wats the funny part, you know afta the guy tells you

"well congratulations you passed" you get soooo happy that he starts feeling awkward LOL, you can see it in his face, its like HE DONT KNO WAT TO DO! his just like "erm... ye *forces on a smile*"

it cracked me up when i thought about it afterwards ;D

- Qatada -
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM

masha Allaah good stuff!

*~Sofia~*
07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimSis&proud

awwwwwwww jazakAllah sis for you words of encouragement they certainly helped :D :D :D :thankyou: still cant believe i passed, plus i wasnt a nervous wreck, like i though i would be. Alhamduillah all went well. YIPPYYY:D i cant stop smiling :D lol

aww bless :D dnt worry bout it.. im always happy to help :statisfie
u jus gotta believe in urself.. and u can do nefing u put ur mind to :D

:w: x

MuslimSis&proud
07-14-2007, 03:10 PM
^^^^

lol i know exactually what you mean, :D i like said thank you to the guy more than a dozen times,:embarrass i was in shock thats why, i couldnt think of anything else to say so i also stared rambling how happy i was:embarrass. He just looked at me like i was crazy and then i decide to shut up :D :D

MuslimSis&proud
07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

masha Allaah good stuff!
JazakAllah khair brother and also for the dua it help greatly :D

H4RUN
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Hi 5's all round! *finger tips:p*

:D:D I'm sorry to say....U"VE PASSED! Now tell me when ur on the road, i'll be off it! :D

Congrats INIT!, MashaAllah weldun fairest lass:D

I know about the smiling thing lol..

i was walking home, and kept smiling at odd times, i hope no 1 recognised me lol, they'd think im more loopy then i am as it stands, which can b hard to beat at times:p

Happy drivin, safe drivin...
:w::w::w::D

MuslimSis&proud
07-15-2007, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

Hi 5's all round! *finger tips:p*

:D:D I'm sorry to say....U"VE PASSED! Now tell me when ur on the road, i'll be off it! :D

Congrats INIT!, MashaAllah weldun fairest lass:D

I know about the smiling thing lol..

i was walking home, and kept smiling at odd times, i hope no 1 recognised me lol, they'd think im more loopy then i am as it stands, which can b hard to beat at times:p

Happy drivin, safe drivin...
:w::w::w::D

JazakAllah brother for the encouragement, really helped boast me confidence

lol yeah innit everyone beware, not just drivers but the pedestrians too,:D once im behind the wheel, theres no telling what could happen ;D

nah... safe drivin from me from now on, i dont wanna get penalty points :D

------
07-15-2007, 08:01 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! May Allaah swt make u a safe driver! Ameen :D

jzcasejz
07-15-2007, 08:07 PM
MashaAllaah you passed! Yay! :awesome: Well done. :thumbs_up

kitten
04-10-2008, 09:08 PM

please please please make dua for me too..i got mine tomorrow inshaAllah

:-[

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kitten

please please please make dua for me too..i got mine tomorrow inshaAllah

:-[
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Allah Ta'ala will make it easy for you, Insha'Allah!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

To Sister MuslimSis&Proud,

I would like to say Congratulations to you. Good luck for your driving!

Allah Ta'ala will look after where you going, Insha'Allah!

AbuSalahudeen
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Salam,

Inshallah I hope Allah makes it easy for you, i remember my first driving test i was very nervous and it didnt help cuz i failed that time, try be positive and confident inshallah.

Snowflake
04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Read this thread from the start Kitten sis. Sis wotsername, the proud Muslimah lol read the dua someone posted here and passed mashaAllah.

Just don't worry about it. Even if you make a mistake, just smile and say "Oops!" hehe. I even clipped the kerb turning left in my test and did a smiley "OOPS!". And if you think that should've failed me, I even stalled in the middle of the road and nearly turned left when supposed to be turning right lol. You name it I did it and acted as if 'so what it's not anything major' lol. It made the examiner realise that I'm not a nervous driver, it was just one of those days.. really. And oh yeah, I passed. What they are really looking for is whether you're a danger to yourself or to the public. If they can see that you're not, then they are willing to overlook the small mistakes. Hope that made you feel relaxed a bit. :D

All the best sis. Let us know how you get on. :statisfie

barney
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I cant Pray, but i'll wish you the very best of luck.:D

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I cant Pray, but i'll wish you the very best of luck.:D
lol Barney! If you can't pray then why wish? Who do you think makes wishes come true? fairies? :D

sorry off topic.. couldn't resist.. delete if your heart lets u lol :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.