/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *Lacks a decent title*

Silver Pearl
08-26-2005, 09:48 AM
:sl: Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Go to any board, any forum and you’ll find that although it is an Islamic board that the threads with the most replies are those which have nothing to do with our taqwa, our iman, how we can became better mu’min but it is rather those about idle chit chat. The question is why? Is it easier to hide behind jokes rather than be serious and say something worthy?

Before people start uttering things like Amatee or khalatee, note that i'm a teenager <_<.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danish
08-26-2005, 12:48 PM
:sl:
i said same thing, that i spend 2 much time idle chatting and not much about actual islam

yep, lets try to cut the jokes and sleezy comments and personal life

Silver Pearl
08-26-2005, 01:11 PM
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I don't think people actually care what they post anymore....couple of jokes here and there and voila it qualifies as being a great post....

Time is precious....too precious....

TEH
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Its because, we arnt all perfect, and sometimes, believe it or not, its good to have and a laugh, and just to chill out, it isnt unislamic....

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
08-26-2005, 02:49 PM

But when sometimes becomes like all the time, it is.

TEH
08-26-2005, 02:58 PM
I agree...

ChasingRainbows
08-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Salam Alaikum,

Since this is a forum in which there are people from the opposite sex posting, I think people should cut down on the jokes a lot. In Islam joking too much is not allowed, as a matter of fact the muslim should be serious most of the times because we have all been created for a matter that is very great. Why does Malik (the gate keeper) of hell never smile? Something for everyone to think about.

TEH
08-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Yes laughing too much is bad, but smiling is good for you, and its a charity...

ahm
08-27-2005, 12:54 PM

You can't be serious all the time.

However I have noticed a lot more joking on this forum, but it's usually between brothers I've noticed... right?

TEH
08-27-2005, 01:20 PM
*whispers* yes...

Silver Pearl
08-27-2005, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahm

You can't be serious all the time.

However I have noticed a lot more joking on this forum, but it's usually between brothers I've noticed... right?
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I was under the impression there was a brother's section...hmm, guess i was mistaken.

Also no one is saying be serious 24/7, but like 350z stated But when sometimes becomes like all the time, it is. :)

Ataraxis
08-28-2005, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z

But when sometimes becomes like all the time, it is.
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Its because, we arnt all perfect, and sometimes, believe it or not, its good to have and a laugh, and just to chill out, it isnt unislamic....
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal Eyes
warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I don't think people actually care what they post anymore....couple of jokes here and there and voila it qualifies as being a great post....

Time is precious....too precious....

I agree, yeah, and too true.. :zip: People make mistakes, and it's always good to learn from them & to come across a great reminder such as this thread :)

Muezzin
08-29-2005, 02:23 PM

I don't see anything wrong with lightening the mood. As some others have said, we can't be too serious all the time, and it's good to smile. However, I don't think jokes should overtake serious discussion - and they haven't really, there's just a bit more humour on the boards than there used to be.

That said, I'm obviously a prime suspect of these jokey posts, but that's just how Allah made me. :p

Maysara
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

I don't see anything wrong with lightening the mood. As some others have said, we can't be too serious all the time, and it's good to smile. However, I don't think jokes should overtake serious discussion - and they haven't really, there's just a bit more humour on the boards than there used to be.

I agree with you bro!!! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

~ Sabr ~
05-16-2012, 08:19 AM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.