/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revenge

Joey
07-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi, me and my friend were talking, anyway long story short he said if someone kills your cousin, brother/sister or friend you are allowed to kill this person without it being haram.

Is this true? --- Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F@tim@
07-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Islam believes in 'an eye for an eye'.
In the Quraan it says: "Al Aynoo bil aynee wal uzhoonoo bil uzhoonee was sinnoo bis sinnee"
Translated as: "An eye for an eye and an ear for an ear and a tooth for a tooth."
This would then be applied in other, everyday situations.
But forgiveness is still the better option.

Allah Knows Best.

snakelegs
07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
edit

snakelegs
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
are you saying that a person can just kill someone even tho it means breaking the law of the country?
(i don't think so!)
even in a shariah state, wouldn't you still have to go through the court system?

(this was from the previous post that i edited - duh)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F@tim@
07-18-2007, 10:55 PM
are you saying that a person can just kill someone even tho it means breaking the law of the country?
(i don't think so!)

Islam also says that you have to follow the laws and rules of the country you live in.
And anyway, nobody said that 'an eye for an eye...' is compulsory (fardh).
It is allowed.

F@tim@
07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
even in a shariah state, wouldn't you still have to go through the court system?
As far as i know you would have to go through a court system.
Either blood money is given to the victims family or the one guilty is imprisoned or the same thing is done to them. I THINK it is the victims family's choice.

snakelegs
07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
edit

Joey
07-19-2007, 05:42 AM
oh, so someone shoots my cousin to death...i kill the guy who killed my cousin, give his momma a couple of bucks, and im all set....right??

or do i have to kill him then turn myself in to the law.

and u said an eye for an eye, does that mean take someones eye only if they took my eye, or if they took a friends eye i can take their eye. What if the friend is unable to take that eye.

blood money thats like money u pay after doin harm?

one more thing, what is the shariah state?

(just askin so i dont do something stupid and mess up my chances of having a good afterlife and instead winde up with a bad...veeery bad afterlife)

thank you all for your answers

north_malaysian
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
if you kill someone.. you should surrender yourself to the authority (eg. police), they'll investigate the matter by asking you and do those CSI thingy.

After they have all the evidence against you ... then they'll charge you and your case would be sent to the court... it's a crime against the state.

You're allowed to have your own defence lawyer...

No plead of guilty should be accepted if it's made out of extortions, abuse etc.

The uniqueness of qisas (Islamic law for causing hurt or death), the family of the victim are allowed to pardon or ask compensation from the killer. But, it doesnt mean you're a free person after the family pardoned or accept your compensation... you may escape death penalty... but still liable for imprisonment... if the court found that you're guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

snakelegs
07-19-2007, 06:07 AM
shariah = islamic law. so a shariah state would follow islamic law. (there are none now that do entirely).
you may not kill someone - if you do, you will risk spending the rest of your life in prison, or being killed (depending what country you're in).
for a person to murder another person - i am pretty sure that that is a major sin in islam, so i don't recommend it.
revenge (or honour) killing is a cultural thing and is not endorsed in islam.
somebody correct me if i'm wrong - please! i may very well not know what i am talking about.

north_malaysian
07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
shariah = islamic law. so a shariah state would follow islamic law. (there are none now that do entirely).
Actually countries like Iran, Sudan and Pakistan have codified Islamic Criminal Laws and Procedures.

for a person to murder another person - i am pretty sure that that is a major sin in islam, so i don't recommend it.
Muslims should do their best in preventing a killing from happen. So if you know someone is preparing to kill or bomb a person/bulding.... you must inform the police.

revenge (or honour) killing is a cultural thing and is not endorsed in islam.
yeap...

snakelegs
07-19-2007, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Actually countries like Iran, Sudan and Pakistan have codified Islamic Criminal Laws and Procedures.

Muslims should do their best in preventing a killing from happen. So if you know someone is preparing to kill or bomb a person/bulding.... you must inform the police.

yeap...
oh. i thought (pakistan, for example) they just followed shariah on some things, but maybe they follow it entirely in the area of criminal law.
thanks for clearing up.

north_malaysian
07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
oh. i thought (pakistan, for example) they just followed shariah on some things, but maybe they follow it entirely in the area of criminal law.
thanks for clearing up.
those Islamic laws was implemented by Zia ul Haq, but I dont know whether Pakistanis still using Islamic Criminal Law..

We should ask the Pakistanis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.