/* */

PDA

View Full Version : relating to my daughter

nasima el ghazi
07-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Since moving to my daughters for the last 2 months Ive nocticed that her and I dont get along well at all,,she seems always angry with me,,Im leaving the country in a week and I feel sad that I am happy that Ill be away from her,,I love her but I dont think I like her very much,,,Is this a sin? I was hoping her and I would become close b4 I left but I think my staying here has made things worse...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
:salamext:

How old is your daughter?

I will be so sad if my mother move away :laugh:

The Ruler
07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
:sl:

It seems that your daughter is going through the teenage phase. Typical. The best thing to do is to keep away from her as much as you can. Don't abandon her, but don't pester her with your presence either.

Yes, that's what the brain of a teenage daughter is telling you :). Closeness won't come with only you trying t be close. Your daughter should want the same. And for that to happen, she should see you as a super mum. Yah that's what I'd love my mum to be. Cheh.

:w:

nasima el ghazi
07-18-2007, 03:44 AM
I wish it was just a teen thing but she is 20 and married,,,,she just gets moody ,,,,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
07-18-2007, 04:43 AM
:salamext:

since she is already married, is not ur responsible anymore. is not easy to please someone close 2 u. coz of the high expectation they have. It is because of the symptom "of what u can do for me but not what I can do for u.

but never loose hope. as denial as she can be, a mother's shoulder is the best shoulder to rely on. There'll b a time she needs u and a time when u need her too.

make dua so Allah's can soften her heart and make her a better daughter.

A mother's dua will always b answered.

wassallam

anonymous
07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nasima el ghazi
I wish it was just a teen thing but she is 20 and married,,,,she just gets moody ,,,,
im SLIGHTLY older then 20 and im NOT married and believe u me, i can be 1 moody cow wen i wanna be jus ask ma mum lol! i wudnt worry bout it if i was u, i fink its normal.

How far do u live 4rm her tho and wat exactly is she moody about? i dont think itll be cos of ur presence so dont make urself think that :)

Helena
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
its a very delicate situation sis....u moved in ur daughter house for some comfort/and the love to grow....but is it ur choice to move from the house? or is it hers?...or does she make u feel that way...and the result is for u too move?

why wudnt u like ur own daughter?...wot has made the situation like this?

...i feel for u......i can never leave/separate myself from my mother....under her feet lies heaven ( quoted in a hadith)....

Samiira
07-20-2007, 07:05 AM

Be patient sister and make duas.

AnonymousPoster
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Im 20 and live at home. Sometimes i find my mother sooo patronising. Maybe that's why your daughter finds it a little difficult to live with? Try and talk things through with her.
May Allah make things easy between your daughter and you.

sevgi
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Im 20 and live at home. Sometimes i find my mother sooo patronising. Maybe that's why your daughter finds it a little difficult to live with? Try and talk things through with her.
May Allah make things easy between your daughter and you.
good point...speaking to her would ease the tension..also, i think i read somehwre that in our religion..giving a gift helps...when u give a small gift, it melts barriers that words cannot...

try this before u leave and i think ull walk out sucessful.

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Closeness won't come with only you trying t be close. Your daughter should want the same. And for that to happen, she should see you as a super mum.
Very true I think, give her your love but also some space for her to evaluate the benefits of it. Inshaa'Allaah, the distance will be good for her. It will hopefully make her appreciate you more and know your worth. She has to make that decision as an adult.

Sabr and du'aa Inshaa'Allaah

leader
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
leave er to be
an after she wil realize hu an wat she has lost
sister dnt think abt it 2much else u wil blame ur slf

xXxLeaderxXx

Aisha!
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
well its not a sin cause she should respect you more.

Neelam92
08-07-2007, 04:34 PM
well just pray nasima sis and inshAllah it will be okay.
maybe there is something on ur daughters mind, i think u should speak to her maybe on the phone or thro the internet cuz ur in malaysia...strange.
Dont blame ur self for it,,,

well to tell u the truth i think im not very close to my mum either well its really wierd sort of relationship with my mum i hardly have had a daughter to mother chat so im not 100% sure!
well atleast i havent had a proper chat with my mum for ages we used to have alot of chats when i was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 8 till 12 but now we dont.
so i dunno

be patient and inshAllah she will come around!

take care
peace

Neelam92
08-07-2007, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik

It seems that your daughter is going through the teenage phase. Typical. The best thing to do is to keep away from her as much as you can.

:w:
do u think teens r typical?^o)

leader
08-08-2007, 11:46 PM
no i dnt think teens r typical
its the tym of season i mean the tym to be growin they change wen they are older there old habbits rot away

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.