/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Job

anonymous
07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Salam

Ive just started work for the summer so ill have enough money to support myself at university next year. However i am finding this job is seriously effecting my imaan. Not because of the nature of the job, because it is a good job Alhamdullilah, no problems with free mixing and ive found a masjid near by to pray zuhr prayers at lunch time.

The problem is i start at around 8:45 which means i have to be up at 6:30, and i finish at 6:30 , so im home at 8:00pm. When i come home i pray asr and manage to keep myself awake for maghrib but i am soo exhausted by isha that i fall asleep no matter how hard i try if i sleep then i also miss my fajr. Even with my alarm on i just cant do it!! Im worried because i havent missed prayers like this for a couple of years now Alhamdullilah. Having to miss them really effects me mentally. I feel so depressed on the weekend.

Should i quit my job? I asked for less time but i dont know if its possible.

How does everyone here cope with 9-5 jobs and staying alert for prayers?

Please share.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
:w:

brother, could u tell us what time u pray Isha and Fajr :?

coz lets see :

U.K Mosque prayer timings

Isha - 10:50pm

Magrib - 9:34pm

Fajr - 3:10am [ Shurooq at 5:00am ]
If u could say Isha and be in Bed by 11pm *u get QUALITY sleep around this time* and wake up at 4:00am, u will be getting 5 hours. (sufficient time required by nature )

But if u feel u need more sleep, then u can say fajr and go back to bed at 5:00am, and wake up at 6:30am. this will give u another 1 hr 30 mins.

so u will be getting 6 and half hours of sleep ( abit less than custom )

Other than this, i would strongly advise u to take a short nap in the afternoon (Maybe at lunch time in the Mosque ). Not only is this Sunnah, but it will stop ur body from exhaustion and keep u going till Isha time.

Furthermore, i would like to remind u not to eat a heavy meal at night [ acts as a sleeping pill :X ]

try this for a week and if u still CANT cope then u can consider looking for another good job. But, u should u able to handle this inshaa'Allah as it is only temporary till the summer is over.

n dont worry, Allah apne Bande ki majboory aur neeyat janta hai [ understand urdu ? ]

He will help u inshaa'Allah.

PS: make it a daily practice to listen to atleast one GUD islamic lecture whether it is on cassette, CD, DVD, walkman etc. u can have it on in ur car when u go to work, coming come etc. IMPORTANT tool if u want to save ur Eemaan.

Abdul Fattah
07-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Selam aleykum
According to Ahmad and Abu Daawood the Prophet (pbuh) has said:
"The pen is lifted for three (kinds of people): for the crazy who's mind malfunctions, until he is better. For the sleeping until he awakes And for a child until he reaches aldultness."
The pen is lifted means hat no deeds are recorded for that person (hence they will not be called to account for their actions).

According to Muslim:
"Whoever has forgotten a prayer, or slept trough it; the reconciliation of this prayer is to pray it when he remembers it."
I translated both hadeeth from a dutch translation, so they might not be 100% accurate, may Allah subhana wa t'ala forgive me if I missed in translating.

this one I looked up in English sources:
Narrated by 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you feels drowsy while praying he should go to bed (sleep) till his slumber is over because in praying while drowsy one does not know whether one is asking for forgiveness or for a bad thing for oneself."
Sahih bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 211

As for your question, only allah subhana wa ta'ala knows, nobody here will be able to answers you wheter or not to keep the job. It is something you will have to decide by yourself inshaAllah. Or even better, do istakhara about it.

anonymous
07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
JazakAllah khayr both of you have given very thoughtful replies. Well I decided I couldnt continue, it was all too much no matter how much I tried. I prefer to pray when I am still fresh otherwise its difficult. I quit on friday. I do feel it was the right thing to do. May Allah make it easy for me. Ameen please pray for me:)

Ws

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
May Allah subhana wa ta'ala reward you with a better job

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!