/* */

PDA

View Full Version : personaity changes after marriage

anonymous
07-16-2007, 03:43 AM
:sl:.
i don't know what to say really, except that i have noticed that some people after marriage undergo this really ugly personality change. its sooo weird. they begin to talk about this stuff that they would never have done before,(like what happens between husbands and wives) they begin to conform, and wporry about what ther in laws think. im so scared and disgusted. their iman levels just seem to be weird. i mean, i know allah is thr judge if that and i guess they have kids so thats kinda excused, but the hardly read quran. so to sum up: they undergo this weirdo personality change after marriage, and it is sooo off sometimes. does any one else notice that form married people. especially siblings??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
assalamu alaikum

best thing to do in this situation is give advice

- Qatada -
07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
:wasalamex

i think they go through a whole new scene if you get me.. which then makes them distracted from Allaah since they have others who they have to get to know etc.

Once they get involved with others, they might spend less time to focus on the deen, like you stated - they read less Qur'an than before - which can gradually distance them from Allaah, or they may return back to it if they were sincere from the beginning and want that tranquility once again.

Allaah knows best.

:salamext:

XRUHYX
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:.
i don't know what to say really, except that i have noticed that some people after marriage undergo this really ugly personality change. its sooo weird. they begin to talk about this stuff that they would never have done before,(like what happens between husbands and wives) they begin to conform, and wporry about what ther in laws think. im so scared and disgusted. their iman levels just seem to be weird. i mean, i know allah is thr judge if that and i guess they have kids so thats kinda excused, but the hardly read quran. so to sum up: they undergo this weirdo personality change after marriage, and it is sooo off sometimes. does any one else notice that form married people. especially siblings??

I don't think this is the case in every marriage....some more marriages make eachother stronger in deen and they help eachother to be even better people and vice versa.

I think this would happen only when a practising sister or brother marries a non practising sister/brother...they might follow the other person but in that case friends and family who see this should warn the married person and explain to them what they are doing and how they are displeasing Allah. But if both person are practising then they should become more stronger and better.

That's why it is soo important for brothers and sisters to marry practising sister/brother...I believe you are who you spend most of your time with in most cases.

May Allah keep us all steadfast and make us better muslims...may he not ever let us go astray whether be it influence from our spouses or friends and family.

Ameen

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
07-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Which is why our beloved Nabee Sayyidina Muhammed sallallahu alayhi wasallam said:

"A woman is married for her deen, her wealth or her beauty. You must go for the one with deen, may your hands be in the dust! (if you fail to heed)" Muslim

anonymous
07-20-2007, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by XRUHYX

I don't think this is the case in every marriage....some more marriages make eachother stronger in deen and they help eachother to be even better people and vice versa.

I think this would happen only when a practising sister or brother marries a non practising sister/brother...they might follow the other person but in that case friends and family who see this should warn the married person and explain to them what they are doing and how they are displeasing Allah. But if both person are practising then they should become more stronger and better.

That's why it is soo important for brothers and sisters to marry practising sister/brother...I believe you are who you spend most of your time with in most cases.

May Allah keep us all steadfast and make us better muslims...may he not ever let us go astray whether be it influence from our spouses or friends and family.

Ameen

:w:
:sl:
jazakallahu khair for your replies. this statement is very true.
:sl:

reema
07-23-2007, 11:49 AM
salaam
People do change,happened with me.Although my other half does spend time in religious activites but when it comes to house matters he seems distant.Says doesnt feel love in marriage after 17 yrs, cnt respect his parents or brother ,sister.Seems lost, only Allah knows what kind of test is this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.