View Full Version : Dubai's Burj Al-Arab

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2007, 04:50 AM
This is the Burj Al Arab, the only 7 stars hotel
in the world
, it was built in only 18 months...
And opened its doors in 2003.....

Just to go in and “see it” costs 60 € .
Can you imagine what it would cost to spend the night?…..

you can enjoy one night
in a luxury suite from
$7,500 to $15,000 the most expensive...

Meeting Hall....

Swimming pool...

Tennis court....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lipstick
07-17-2007, 10:46 AM
people like me would never be able to visit place like that

i wish

perhaps in can go on a tour and then pick up a millionair:Evil:

someone old and then he'd die after a few years and then i can marry a toyboy LOL

lipstick
07-17-2007, 10:47 AM
you can tell im the gold digger type LOL:D

Skywalker
07-17-2007, 11:08 AM
They're also building another structure in Dubai, rumored to potentially be the highest building in the world.

Say, isn't that a sign of the Day of Judgement? Bedouins (Arabs) competing to build the highest building in the world. I do recall a hadith that mentions that...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maarya
07-17-2007, 11:22 AM
:sl:
i went to dubai in 2006, we stayed 5 mins walking distance from the Burj, ina villa. its an amazing building!

*~Sofia~*
07-17-2007, 11:33 AM

WOW !! the hotel is gorguz, even tho i've seen it on the net, it still seems so beautiful :)

unfortunatly i havn't been to dubai yet, even tho it seems to be the 'in-place' to be :(

but inshallah wen Allah(swt) wills, me an ma family will go dubai and inshallah stay here!! i'll be sure to brag about it on LI lol :D

(dat is wen im a millionaire) inshallah :D

neway bro thnx for sharing..

:w:

Dagless
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
"you can enjoy one night in a luxury suite from $7,500 to $15,000 the most expensive... "

Much cheaper than that these days, especially through an agent. Less than an eighth of that price.

Yep I recall that tall building hadith too.

smile
07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
woah! much too expensive

F@tim@
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
What is the point? :?

M2A^AKIB^
07-18-2007, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
What is the point? :?
Make Money!!!

probably they r running out of oil...

so may be they;re trying to make big $$$ out of tourist attractions

anyway, though i must admit it's a great building... but there's no need for such luxury...

it's gonna all go away one day...

jzcasejz
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by M2A^AKIB^
it's gonna all go away one day...
Yep. :thumbs_up

Khayal
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM

So whats the big deal??? Muslims in the world are dying due to preventable problems, and this is what we spend our money on? Even though it is cool, we still need to set our priorities straight.

:w:

Skywalker
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM

That's actually an interesting point you've stumbled onto. While we have Muslims today suffering and dying all over the world, is it morally ok for other Muslims do be spending their money like this? Why not spend their money to help out others in need instead?

What do u guys think?

F@tim@
07-18-2007, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker

That's actually an interesting point you've stumbled onto. While we have Muslims today suffering and dying all over the world, is it morally ok for other Muslims do be spending their money like this? Why not spend their money to help out others in need instead?

What do u guys think?
To be honest, if you have the money and can afford quite comfortably to splash out so much on just a hotel etc then i don't think there is anything wrong with it.
But then on the other hand extravagance is not allowed and this is definitely extravagant.
There are people who are filthy rich, who give plenty of money to the poor and other good causes but then also spend enough on themselves.
They say, "you spend your money however you've earned them."
In other words, if you've earned your money through a haraam way then you'll spend it on unworthy things but if your money is completely halaal then you'll spend that money on things that are worth it.

جوري
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
looks kind of pretentious but I absolutely adore the gilded mirrors on the ceiling.. I have never seen those done tastefully.. and I don't think the intention behind a ceiling mirror is quite noble?... but if you are a bit of a narcissist and don't enjoy your hubby's face in the morning.. you can always look up and have a secret smile to yourself...

snakelegs
07-18-2007, 10:30 PM
it's too much for me.
i'd be happier in a cheap motel!

Yanal
07-19-2007, 01:57 AM
:sl: :sl:
Brother if i had enought money insHallah i would stay awake and do everything i can because i am spending so much money on that hotel for ONE NIGHT

Abdul-Raouf
07-19-2007, 02:39 AM
How good is Dubai ... its nothin but a look alike of the western culture or...?

I heard that all kinda of Haraam stuff are prevailing there.... :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.