/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memory and eyewitness testimony.

ranma1/2
07-18-2007, 01:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfhIuaD183I&NR=1

This is an interesting video.
Please watch, around 1 min 16 he has you do an experiment.

Try it out and please be honest.

Just tell us how many words you got.

Enjoy

oh please dont read any posts below so you dont spoil anything. ok

Good luck

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
07-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Interesting video.

I wrote neither word on my 2 lists. For the first set I remembered 6 with no false memories, while on the second set I remebered 7, but had 1 additional false memory.

snakelegs
07-18-2007, 02:30 AM
i didn't have the false word on either list.
i had 8 on both lists.

AmarFaisal
07-18-2007, 06:34 AM
well I am having some problem viewing the video, After the 1st minute has elpased, the video ends itself without going to the second part.

Anyway, I got 9 correct in the first half.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
:sl:

Wow, you guys are good! I didn't have any false words, but I didn't have many real words either. 7 for the first one, and 5 for the second one...

But to be honest I kinda suspected what the point he was trying to make was since I studying this stuff in high school so I was a little careful...

ranma1/2
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Wow, you guys are good! I didn't have any false words, but I didn't have many real words either. 7 for the first one, and 5 for the second one...

But to be honest I kinda suspected what the point he was trying to make was since I studying this stuff in high school so I was a little careful...
thats the one problem with the posts.
Everyone will be a little suspicous.
But still some will get got like i did.

Malaikah
07-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually, when I wrote down sour and cake, I was a bit unsure, I though I probably made them up. I was surprised then I didn't though.

BanGuLLy
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I had the false word on the second list...

umm-sulaim
07-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I got 10 on the first test n on the second one i got 10 also but both times i mentioned the false ones haha that was interestin...

wassalaamu alaykum

syilla
07-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm sure the hafidz students will score this.

I remember there was one a hafidz student never went to for a formal education but took SPM (equivalence to GSCE...i think :giggling: after high school exams). And he scored all A's and he took 10 subjects...wow MashaAllah. When we asked him how did he do it, he said, well because memorising the quran was very difficult and but Alhamdulillah he finished it. So he thinks studying for the exams were easy, like having picture memory.

I've not try it yet. InshaAllah if i've the time. Have alot of work actually :hiding:. Only LI boost my energy to do work at the office... :lol: :hiding:

Yanal
07-19-2007, 01:43 AM
:sl: :sl:
for the first set of words i got sour candy tart and honey and one false of memory word that was pop i do not know if it was their or not and second words mad,happy sad ire and rage and i think ire wasn't a word and so many people just put they're hands up when they were LIEING lol alsmost all of thom did when he asked did anyone get anger or angry most of them like yeh then he says none were on the two list

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.