/* */

PDA

View Full Version : khusoo in prayer (or lack of)

anonymous
07-18-2007, 04:10 AM
:sl:.
well my problem is with my lack of khsoo in prayer. i just don't have it. im reading the khusoo in prayer book by sh. munajjid. its kinda helping. its not so much that i need to know how to gain khosoo, i do have a rough idea its actually the practice of it, as the wiswaas in my prayer is a problem. i just wish my stomach would relax. i just wish i can stop worrying about everything, except for my prayer and my connection with allah. i look at the imams of the haram, or even sh. al-mohaisany, and i just feel soo jealous (am i allowed to have this type of jealousy). im like, wow!! i wish i could cry like that!! and i feel really sad that i cant be like them. I just wish i could stand up and recite for long. i wonder how the imams of haram do it during tarawih. I actually avoid thinking about the way they pray, because i kjnow its gonna make me feel sad. help me.

jazakallahu khair.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Selam aleykum
I know little about this so I won't be much of help, but since noone else replied I thought I'd had a go.

Well what I do know is, always seek refuge with Allah subhana wa ta'ala against shaytan. There is no help accept if Allah subhana wa ta'ala wills it.

Do you know about the forgetfulness prostration? It are two extra prostrations done either right before or right after the tasleem (depending on the reason) which excuse if you made certain mistakes in prayer.
Here's a pdf that explains it in detail: http://www.al-sunnah.com/pdf/sahw.pdf
This might not be the answer you're looking for, but this might take away some of the stress of making mistakes during prayer.

The reason scholars can endure so much more is because of their knowledge, if you want to have a faith like theirs, then seek knowledge like theirs inshaAllah. But don't be to hung up how others pray. Each person has his own life, with their own circumstances. For example, a person living in the west has it harder then a person living in Mekka and so on.

May Allah subhana wa t'ala guide you

anonymous
07-23-2007, 03:20 AM
jazakallahu khair

Re.TiReD
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:.
well my problem is with my lack of khsoo in prayer. i just don't have it. im reading the khusoo in prayer book by sh. munajjid. its kinda helping. its not so much that i need to know how to gain khosoo, i do have a rough idea its actually the practice of it, as the wiswaas in my prayer is a problem. i just wish my stomach would relax. i just wish i can stop worrying about everything, except for my prayer and my connection with allah. i look at the imams of the haram, or even sh. al-mohaisany, and i just feel soo jealous (am i allowed to have this type of jealousy). im like, wow!! i wish i could cry like that!! and i feel really sad that i cant be like them. I just wish i could stand up and recite for long. i wonder how the imams of haram do it during tarawih. I actually avoid thinking about the way they pray, because i kjnow its gonna make me feel sad. help me.

jazakallahu khair.

SubhanAllah! I feel the same alot of the time...I dont know what does it for me though...at times I really feel at peace during the Salaah..at others I dont. Just make Du'aa...Insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.