/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

MuslimahBarb
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Assalam Alaikum

Hello I'm Barbara and I thought I would take a moment to say hello to everyone. Alhamdulillah I am a revert and would like to have the opportunity to communicate with other Muslims. I learned of this board from my husband (MustafaMc). Through him I have seen that this is a great place to come and have discussions and exchange views on our religious beliefs as well as other things.

Barbara
:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
07-19-2007, 04:02 AM
As-Salaamu-Alaikum! Welcome!

Khayal
07-19-2007, 04:05 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forum Sis.

:w:

MuslimSis&proud
07-19-2007, 04:45 AM

Welcome to the forum sis hope you have a good and beneficial stay inshallah. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-19-2007, 04:47 AM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: aboard sis

Intisar
07-19-2007, 05:10 AM
Walaykum Salaam sis,

Cool! Your husband's on here!

Manshallah for you reverting to Islam, I hope you enjoy your stay here sis and welcome to the forums!

WS

snakelegs
07-19-2007, 06:25 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
yup - your husband is right.

glo
07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Welcome, Barbara. :)
I hope you find LI welcoming and informative.

Peace

julie sarri
07-19-2007, 08:04 AM
as-salaamu alaikum sis and welcome to the forum

rozeena
07-19-2007, 08:06 AM
welcome 2da forum sis.

AmarFaisal
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Assalamoalaikum and Welcome to the forum:)

MuslimahBarb
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful welcome here.

Barbara

- Qatada -
07-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon you) sister.

Insha Allaah (God willing) you will have a beneficial aswell as enjoyable stay here. We hope you can share your reversion story here, aswell as bro Mustapha's (i think he hasn't shared his yet.)

We look forward to your posts!

Peace.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-20-2007, 08:38 PM
:sl: sis
Welcome to LI and the Ummah, MashaAllah :statisfie.
Please do share your story with us and I hope InshaAllah your stay will be beneficial to yourself and everyone else =D
See you around!

MuslimahBarb
07-20-2007, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon you) sister.

Insha Allaah (God willing) you will have a beneficial aswell as enjoyable stay here. We hope you can share your reversion story here, aswell as bro Mustapha's (i think he hasn't shared his yet.)

We look forward to your posts!

Peace.

My time here has been beneficial thus far, there are so many interesting threads and discussions that I have read. In regards to revert stories, I was thinking the my husband had written his story and I was able to locate it for you.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...s-here-15.html , it is the fourth post from the bottom. Insha Allah I will compose and post my reversion story soon.

Salam,
Barbara

- Qatada -
07-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Wa alaikum as-Salaam sister.

May Allaah reward you! That's exactly what i was looking for. I'll check it soon insha Allaah (God willing) and i hope you can post yours soon.

Natural
07-21-2007, 02:27 AM
Wa alaykum assalaam sis Barb,
I hope you have a pleasant experience here. :D

Ma'asalaama,
Natural

MuslimahBarb
07-21-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Natural
Wa alaykum assalaam sis Barb,
I hope you have a pleasant experience here. :D

Ma'asalaama,
Natural
Sister Natural,
Masha 'Allah So far my experience has been very pleasant and have discovered a number of beneficial topics especially since I am still learning. We live in an area with very few Muslims so this is a wonderful alternative for me. :D

Salam,
Barbara

nadia85
07-21-2007, 07:16 PM
welcome

meriam
07-21-2007, 09:04 PM
:sl: welcome Li forum sister :w:

Al_Imaan
07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Have a beneficial stay.

MuslimahBarb
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
welcome
Sister thanks for the welcome! I have found this to be a great forum to frequent.

Salam,
Barbara

MuslimahBarb
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by meriam
:sl: welcome Li forum sister :w:
Thank you Sister, the forum is really great.

MuslimahBarb
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
:welcome: to the forum. Have a beneficial stay.

I have found this forum to be quite informative and educational. As I mentioned earlier, I am in an area where there are few Muslims to interact with, this gives me another avenue to do so.

Salam,
Barbara

Samira_01
07-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Asalamu 3leykum

welcome .. hope u enjoy ur stay Inshallah :)

wa3leykum salam
peace:peace:

MuslimahBarb
07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samira_01
Asalamu 3leykum

welcome .. hope u enjoy ur stay Inshallah :)

wa3leykum salam
peace:peace:
Jazakallah Sister

The more I read here the happier I am that my husband told me about this forum.

Salam
Barbara

Muslim Woman
07-28-2007, 01:50 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb
... I learned of this board from my husband (MustafaMc). :muslimah:

Alhamdulillah ....may Allah bless the couple . Ameen

welcome sis to Islam & the forum :D

did u write ur revert story ??

MuslimahBarb
07-28-2007, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Alhamdulillah ....may Allah bless the couple . Ameen

welcome sis to Islam & the forum :D

did u write ur revert story ??

Jazakallah khair Sister,
I do indeed feel blessed. I have not yet written my revert story but Insha 'Allah I will get it written soon. I have found the forum to be very informative and that is very helpful for people like myself that is still learning about Islam.

Salam,
Barb

Muslim Woman
07-28-2007, 05:15 AM

I have not yet written my revert story but Insha 'Allah I will get it written soon.

waiting to read ur story sis..pl. let us know when u post it :happy:

MuslimahBarb
08-07-2007, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

waiting to read ur story sis..pl. let us know when u post it :happy:

Insha 'Allah I will get it posted finally this evening or tomorrow.

Salaam,
Barbara

cal
08-07-2007, 02:52 AM
have a nice stay here

MuslimahBarb
08-07-2007, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cal
have a nice stay here
Jazakallah khair Brother,

I have had a very nice stay here thus far. Both my husband and I like the forum here very much.

Salaam,
Barbara

Abdul-Raouf
08-07-2007, 04:24 AM

MuslimahBarb
09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

Jazakallah khair Brother

Thank you very much for the welcome.

Salam,
Sister Barbara

al Amaanah
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome on LI ukhti. Insha Allah you'll have a enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

MuslimahBarb
09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
:wasalamex

Welcome on LI ukhti. Insha Allah you'll have a enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

Thank you ukhti for your welcome. I have enjoyed LI very much. I have mostly read since joining. I really like the idea of getting the opportunity to communicate with other Muslims.

Salam,
Sister Barbara

Aisha20
09-06-2007, 03:31 AM

MuslimahBarb
09-07-2007, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha20

Thank you ukhti for the warm welcome. I am quite enjoying it here. I have found it very informative especially since I am still learning.

Salam,
Barbara

sojourner
11-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I went to college in Mississippi, so i would love to hear how you came to embrace Islam.

MuslimahBarb
11-01-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner
I went to college in Mississippi, so i would love to hear how you came to embrace Islam.

How interesting, where in Mississippi did you attend college?

As to how I came to embrace Islam, here the link to my reversion story that I posted here at the LI forum http://www.islamicboard.com/844255-post256.html . I would like to hear how you came to Islam as well.

Salam
Barb

sojourner
11-02-2007, 02:04 PM
William Carey College in Hattiesburg, ironically enough a baptist school. My route to Islam was unexpected and took a while. I was looking into Islam for a series of messages at the church i was serving in, an attempt to show the differences between them and Christianity and in my studies i tried to look at actual documents and scriptures from the various groups. I was able to attain an English translation of the Qur'an and as i read it and started really looking at what christians believed and the mess that the church i was serving was in...i knew something had to not quite be right. I really struggled with the person of Jesus, and what i believed about him and really struggled with that for at least a couple of years.
Finally i came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that if Allah is truly God and Muhammad (PBuH) is God's final messenger, i need to have the faith to surrender what i once believed for what God says is true.
I'm still a work in progress, still dealing with some of the Jesus issues, but i believe that Allah is faithful and will guide me.

MuslimahBarb
11-02-2007, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner
William Carey College in Hattiesburg, ironically enough a baptist school. My route to Islam was unexpected and took a while. I was looking into Islam for a series of messages at the church i was serving in, an attempt to show the differences between them and Christianity and in my studies i tried to look at actual documents and scriptures from the various groups. I was able to attain an English translation of the Qur'an and as i read it and started really looking at what christians believed and the mess that the church i was serving was in...i knew something had to not quite be right. I really struggled with the person of Jesus, and what i believed about him and really struggled with that for at least a couple of years.
Finally i came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that if Allah is truly God and Muhammad (PBuH) is God's final messenger, i need to have the faith to surrender what i once believed for what God says is true.
I'm still a work in progress, still dealing with some of the Jesus issues, but i believe that Allah is faithful and will guide me.

Brother,
It can take time to completely let go of the things you believed to be true for most of your life. It took me right at 2 years from the time my husband began practicing Islam again to totally revert and I feel so blessed that I did revert to Islam. When he began practicing again was when we really began discussing the differences and similarities of Islam and Christianity. The more we talked about things the more I realized something wasn't quite right, just as you did. I came to realize my beliefs were more in the way of the Islamic belief than Christianity.

You are absolutely correct, Allah will guide you. Keep in mind that you have embraced Islam and are on the right path. I will make duas for you.

Salam
Barb

sevgi
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
welcome..

i hope u are able to benefit from this forum as we have...

inshallah u find what u are looking for, and we leave ur heart content...

peace.

MuslimahBarb
11-02-2007, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
welcome..

i hope u are able to benefit from this forum as we have...

inshallah u find what u are looking for, and we leave ur heart content...

peace.

I have found the forum to be quite beneficial. It is good to have the opportunity to interact with other Muslims since the area we live doesn't have very many. I have found the forum to be quite helpful as I am a relatively new Muslim that is still learning.:D

Salam
Barb

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-04-2007, 03:07 AM

Danah
11-04-2007, 10:47 AM
welcome sister to the forum, please feel free to ask or discus any thing comes to your mind about Islam. hope you will get benifit in sha allah

MuslimahBarb
04-07-2008, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
welcome sister to the forum, please feel free to ask or discus any thing comes to your mind about Islam. hope you will get benifit in sha allah

Thank you so much for your welcome ukhti. Sorry it took so long to reply, it had been some time since I last visited my introduction thread. I have benefited from this forum quite a bit, I have learned so much and the Brothers and Sisters are so helpful. Insha' Allah I will get the opportunity to speak to you again on the forum.

Salam
Barb

glo
04-07-2008, 06:12 AM

Thank you so much for your welcome ukhti. Sorry it took so long to reply, it had been some time since I last visited my introduction thread. I have benefited from this forum quite a bit, I have learned so much and the Brothers and Sisters are so helpful. Insha' Allah I will get the opportunity to speak to you again on the forum.

Salam
Barb
Welcome back, Barb :)

You were in my thoughts only yesterday ...
It's been a while. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Peace

MuslimahBarb
04-07-2008, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome back, Barb :)

You were in my thoughts only yesterday ...
It's been a while. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Peace
Thank you glo!:D Yes it has been some time since I posted I often just read threads or read over Mustafa's shoulder.:giggling:

glo
04-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Thank you glo!:D Yes it has been some time since I posted I often just read threads or read over Mustafa's shoulder.:giggling:
Then, from now on, when I converse with Mustafa I shall think of you too. :)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Welcome to LI Islamic Forum, Sister MuslimahBarb! May you will have a benefical staying, Insha'Allah!

I am reverted as well about 5 years ago and I am soooo proud to be Muslimah! Praise be to Allah Ta'ala. May Allah Ta'ala rewards on you and your husband. Ameen.

You can ask any of questions to us then, Insha'Allah, we can answer back to you!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

MuslimahBarb
04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Welcome to LI Islamic Forum, Sister MuslimahBarb! May you will have a benefical staying, Insha'Allah!

I am reverted as well about 5 years ago and I am soooo proud to be Muslimah! Praise be to Allah Ta'ala. May Allah Ta'ala rewards on you and your husband. Ameen.

You can ask any of questions to us then, Insha'Allah, we can answer back to you!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Sister Fatima,
I feel so blessed to have become a Muslimah! I also feel very blessed that my husband discovered this forum & introduced it to me so I get the opportunity to communicate with other Muslims all over the world.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Alhamdulillah! I am so gladly to heard this. May Allah Ta'ala pleased with your husband for introduced you into LI Islamic Forum!

------
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
:salamext:

Peace!

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy....and be a good member and stay active :D

MuslimahBarb
05-25-2008, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
Alhamdulillah! I am so gladly to heard this. May Allah Ta'ala pleased with your husband for introduced you into LI Islamic Forum!

I feel quite fortunate indeed. This is quite a nice forum. So many great brothers and sisters here.:D

MuslimahBarb
05-25-2008, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

Peace!

http://www.w6w.net/album/35/w6w20050...5614e67607.gif

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy....and be a good member and stay active :D

That is the great thing about the people here, people are so willing to answer questions that new Muslims or non-Muslims have. :D

jannat
05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
welcome to the forum, May you benefit alot from here inshallah.
Ameen.
Best wishes
:statisfie

*KB*
05-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Assalamualaykum

WELCOME!

Insha'Allah you'll have a great stay! :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Amat Allah
05-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Asalamo Alikom

first of All,welcome to Islam my precious sister...:statisfie

Then:

welcome my dear to our big family as a new precious sister ,we are soo honored to have you with us....:statisfie

please ,enjoy your stay here..:statisfie

may Allah grant you and your husban with satisfaction and happiness in this life and in the hereafter and protect you from all harms and hell fire and reward you with Jannat Al Ferdous...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen:stat isfie:statisfie

:muslimah:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!