/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having Problems with my mother

ChasingRainbows
08-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Salam Alaikum,

Before I leave I got a problem, please see if you can help me with it. I hate going with my mother to the masjid because she embarasses me. When she is not yelling, shoving or being rudely inquisitive and asking people personal questions she is sits at the corner and eyeballs the people. I have never seen her reading a mushaf, sometimes I wonder if she can even read it. The mosque is a place of worship but I'm afraid my mother goes there to cause a ruckus. She forces me to go with her to the masjid every friday. For those who might say all mothers are like that, no not really it is only mine who is like that. Help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Safa
08-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Salam,

Does your mother have something against the people at the masjid?

TEH
08-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Be patient, and carry on going with her, and if you can influence her, even better for you...

:)

ChasingRainbows
08-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Salam Alaikum,

Desertroze maybe she does. Everyone complains about her. People say we come to the masjid to worship God not to be harassed, or for people to get into our personal affairs or to be trash-talked about. Teh, with regards to your proposal she might harass you and trash talk about you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
08-27-2005, 09:46 PM
You know parents usually like me, so if it is that bad, I dont mind speaking to her, but then again, I was joking anyway...

:)

Do you think you could take her to the mosque less???

Safa
08-27-2005, 10:06 PM
:sl:

Your mother needs to realize that 'trash talk' or backbiting in islam is a major sin. If she fears Allah swt she needs to change her habits. I found a website that answers a question about backbiting. I think she should be approached at when she is not in a 'bad mood' ,if i may say, and is willing to listen to things with an open mind. I don't know what else to say, but just be patient with her. You can find someone else to talk to her or be a good influence on her. Or try going to another masjid where she will not behave they way she does. I hope things work out for her inshaAllah.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543138

"Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: 'You will not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you will not have faith until you love each other. Shall I direct you to something which if you fulfill you will love one another? Spread peace among yourselves.' (Muslim)

:w:

ChasingRainbows
08-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Salam Alaikum,

I was joking anyway...
No you just chickened out, I don't blame you. Joking aside, sister desertroze jazakallah khair.

Teh, no she says she likes the atmosphere and the social life. Maybe she thinks it is a country club.

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Asallama Alaikum That's one thing you have to love about moms they crack you up.Even if they seem to embarrass you. :) Can't live with em,can't live without em ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.