/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reminder Of The Week

madeenahsh
08-28-2005, 07:31 AM
From Umar ibn Al-Khattab from the Prophet (salahu alaihi wa sallam) who said: "If only you relied on Allah a true reliance, He would provide sustenance for you just as He does the birds: They fly out in the morning empty and return in the afternoon with full stomachs." Ahmad, An-Nasaa’I, Ibn Majah, Al-Hakim and At-Tirmidhi who said: "Hassan sahih"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Batoota
08-28-2005, 08:00 AM
:sl:

Great topic! Are we allowed to add reminders? Or are they only yours? :confused:

Jazak Allah koli khair, :thumbs_up

:w:

Protected_Diamond
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
:sl: jazahka Allah 4 reminding us :coolsis:

madeenahsh
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Asalaam alykum warahmatuallahi wabarakatuh

Na3am Sis Feel Free to Add any authentic Reminder, InshAllah Kheir

Waiyaakum

Barakatuallahi feekum
Wasallam alykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
madeenahsh
09-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Be content with what you have,
Be satisfied with your dwelling place to accommodate your enterprise,
Restrain your tongue,
And shed tears of regret regarding past sins you committed knowingly, and those you do not recognize.

Abdullaah bin Mas'ud

madeenahsh
09-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Imam Ash-Shaafi`ee From "Three Forgotten Prayers" by `Adnaan Aali `Uroor 1997
Published By Call to Islam Da`wah Center, London E17 UK

Al-Muzni who is Aboo lbraaheem Isma`eel ibn Yahya said: "I entered upon ash-Shaafi'ee during his illness which resulted in his death, so I said to him: 'What is your condition?' He replied: "I am journeying from this world, and departing from my brothers, drinking from the cup of death, and upon Allaah - Exalted is His remembrance - arriving. And no! By Allaah, I do not know if my soul is traveling towards Paradise or the Fire!" Then he started to weep, and he said:

'In You, the Creator, I raise my longing, And even if I am, O possessor of kindness and generosity, an evildoer, a criminal,

When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow,

I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape,

My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness,

I found Your forgiveness to be greater,

You are and still remain the only One who can forgive sins,

You grant and forgive out of Your benevolence and generosity,

Perhaps the One who is the source of all goodness will forgive and overlook my mistakes,

And will hide the sins and burden that I accumulated,

My sins seemed very great to me, so I turned (to You) in humility,

Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn't, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all,

So if You forgive me, You would have forgiven a sinner, A rebellious, oppressive tyrant still sinning,

So my crime is very great, past and present, But Your forgiveness that embraces Your servant is greater and higher,

So whomsoever holds fast to Allaah is truly saved from mankind, And whosever's hopes are in Him, will be far removed from any regrets.'

madeenahsh
09-11-2005, 11:59 PM
So the first thing which he should begin with is the memorization of the mighty Qur`aan, which is the most important of the branches of knowledge. And the Salaf did not used to teach hadeeth or fiqh, except to one who had memorized the Qur`aan. So when he has memorized it, then let him beware of pre-occupying himself from it with hadeeth, or fiqh, or other things, to the extent that it leads him to forget anything from the Qur`aan, or makes that likely."
Al Majmoo` Sharh al-Muhadhdhab [1/38]

madeenahsh
09-11-2005, 11:59 PM
"I have known people and kept company with groups who neither rejoiced when the things of this world came to them, nor grieved when they lost anything in this world. The life of this world was more insignificant to them than dust. One of them might live for a year or for sixty years without ever having a garment that would entirely cover him, and without ever having anything that would come between him and the ground, and without ever having any food that he could ask to be prepared for him in his own home. When night came, they would be on their feet, with their foreheads flat against the earth, tears rolling down their cheeks, secretly calling on Allah to save them on the Day of Judgement. If they did something good, they never stopped being grateful for it, and they were always asking Allah to forgive them for it. By Allah, they were not safe from wrong actions, and were saved only by their constant turning in repentance. May Allah be pleased with them and grant them His mercy..."

"Do not sit idle, for indeed Death is seeking you!"

When al-Hasan finished his hadith, he would say, "O Allah, you see our hearts full of idolatry, pride, hypocrisy, showing-off, reputation, doubt and uncertainty in your deen. O Turner of hearts, make our hearts firm in Your deen and make our deen Straight Islam!"
'Umara ibn Mihran said that al-Hasan was asked, "Why do you not visit the rulers and command them to the correct and forbid them the incorrect?" He replied, "'The believer should not waste himself. Their swords precede our tongues when we speak. They speak thus with their swords." And he made a striking gesture with his hand.

"When a young man is devout, we do not recognise him by his speech. We recognise him by his actions. That is beneficial knowledge."
It is related that when al-Hasan saw a funeral, he would say, "Praise belongs to Allah who has not made me part of that which is snatched away." He would not relate anything that day.

madeenahsh
09-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Its narrated that a man came to Abu Hurayrah , May Allah be pleased with him and said I want to be your brother for the sake of Allaah?
He told him, Do YOU know what the right of brotherhood are? HE Answerd (man) Inform me.
He Abu hurayrah may Allah be pleased with him said:" Its that you have no more right over your money than i do:" The man replied I have not yet reached that stage."so AbuHurayrah may Allah be pleased with him , Then leave me.

madeenahsh
09-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Allah's Messenger sallallahu alyhi wasallam said:

Whoever prays for his brother behind his back has an angel saying to him,For you same(Muslim)

One of the righteous said: where is the likes of the righteous brother? if a person dies, his family is dividing his wealth and enjoying wat he left behind.The pious brother is the only one who grieves .He is concerned about what his brother is facing and will face. He prays for him in the darkness of the night.He asks forgiveness for him while he is under layers of earth:"

madeenahsh
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Sufyân ath-Thawrî (rahimahullâh) said, “We met a people who loved it when it was said to them, Fear Allâh the Most High. Today you find that people only become annoyed at this.”

madeenahsh
10-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Mâlik ibn Dînâr (rahimahullâh) said, “Whoever proposed to the world, then the world would not be satisfied until he gave up his Deen as dowry.”

Khayal
06-02-2008, 03:16 AM

MashaAllah, wonderful sharing..I'll try to keep this thread alive, InshaAllaah..

Khayal
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Honouring Parents:

The Words of Allah Almighty: "We have instructed man to honour his parents."
(29:8)

Khayal
06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Narrated Um Sharik:
Allah's Apostle ordered that the salamander should be killed and said, "It (i.e. the salamander) blew (the fire) on Abraham."

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 579

Khayal
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM

The best awareness is for a man to have self-awareness. And the best knowledge is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge.
[Shaykh Abdullah Adhami]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.