/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Year is coming to a close

Khaldun
12-28-2004, 03:39 PM
:sl:

This year has passed considerably quick, it feels like it was just yesterday that I was waiting sitting down pondering on what the year 1425 had install for me. Allahu Akbar! and the year is coming to a close already...now is the time to reflect. Was I constant and regular in establishing the 5 obligotary prayers, did I fast throughout ramadan (and if I missed anything, did I recompense for it), was I kind towards the people around me, did I offend any brother or sister with my behaviour? Did I worship Allah in the way His Prophet (salalahu 'Aleyhi wa salam) tought us? If one can answer all these questions with a good and clean heart then one has to be grateful to Allah, Who has given us the tawfiq to be steadfast on His path throughout this year (and InshAllahu Ta'la throughout our lifes), if not however, then this is the time to wake up and follow Islam 100%, so that you inshAllah are able to, at the end of 1426 look back at that past year, and give thanks to Allah aswell. And always remember that you might not even reach that far, so what is it that is keeping you??

And serve your Lord until there comes to you that which is certain.(i.e. Death)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
WomanOfJihad
12-28-2004, 07:39 PM
SubhanAllah..this realy got me thinking .. hmm..
New Year, new life
Clean soul, clean Intentions
Strong Improvement, Strong Imaan
( InshAllah)

Mujahada
12-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Yes Subhan'Allah time does really fly. That was nicely written sister, and yes it does make us think. Every year I say I will do this and that to please Allah, but do I? Sister if you dont mind, I will take your writiing and post it on another forum (but I will say "this was written by another sister")
Jazak Allahu kheir sister
:w: :D

Khaldun
12-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Assalamu Alykum

are u refering to sis WomanofJihad's reply or my post sister? just as a side note, if it was intended to me, I am brother :) and still u managed to call me sister 4 times BarakaAllah Feeki lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahada
12-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Assalamualakum,
omg Im so sorry brother!!! I didnt even read you username bro...
Yes it was intended to you Brotha.... Im really sorry bro .
Walakum masalam my Brother
(I said brother 5 times ;) )

WomanOfJihad
12-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Assalamu'Aleykum....
sIS mUJAHADAAA !!!! . guess who this is ;) ..
True say time Flys by..seems like i havent seen u for decades ... n my little hadya 4 u is getting rusted each day ...

* i gt the casette , u shud know which 1 *

tawbah
01-05-2005, 08:46 PM
It was a new year for the dirty kufaar - Not for the muslimeen. We should all try to follow the islamic calender - ((saying that how many people know the days of the week/months in arabic?))

It is really important that we do(follow ths islamic calender and try to kno the islamic date) otherwise days of virtues will/may pass by and we will not even know.

Uthman
01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I agree Umm_Abdullah

Subhanallah brother Khaldun Your post was very enlightening. The prophet Muhammad (SAAS) may he rest in peace once said that he who remembers death day in, day out, he is the wisest of all men. If we just take the time to think about how death could just be around the corner, our time that Allah (SWT) has chosen to take us away from this duniya, this material world then we should take advantage of the time we've got. We should perfect out deen, repent for all our sins and worship Allah (SWT) and praise him as much as we can.

And indeed he knows best

Khaldun
02-09-2005, 10:13 PM

in the advent of the muslim new year, i thought i just "push" this thread back into the light again.

Uma Rayanah
02-11-2005, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
SubhanAllah..this realy got me thinking .. hmm..
New Year, new life
Clean soul, clean Intentions
Strong Improvement, Strong Imaan
( InshAllah)
:applaud: :applaud:

Mashallah Mashallah..

May Alllah give u all a rainbow 4 every storm,,,,,

A smile 4 every tear.....

A proMise 4 every care...

A blessin in every Trial...

And an answer 2 every prayer...

KUUL 'AAMIN WA WANTUM BEKHIAR,,,,

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Genius
02-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Time goes really fast, seems like i just started regent a while back and now i don't even go there anymore.

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
SubhanAllah.

A sign of the final day of judgement.

musleema
10-09-2005, 01:21 AM
dude you sooo rihgt, the year has passed kwik

Khaldun
01-30-2006, 09:17 AM

SubhanAllah we are here again! How many of us survived until this day, how many met their Lord? What have you benefited from, if anything? Will we be around next time?

And serve your Lord until there comes to you that which is certain. (ie Death) [Surah Hijr Ayah 99]

S_87
01-30-2006, 12:57 PM

SubhanAllah a yr has gone so fast ..

Far7an
01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

SubhanAllah we are here again! How many of us survived until this day, how many met their Lord? What have you benefited from, if anything? Will we be around next time?

And serve your Lord until there comes to you that which is certain. (ie Death) [Surah Hijr Ayah 99]
wa alaikumusalaaam

Subhanallah, I just think about all those that were present with me one year ago, and left this world. Should death scare us so much? Is our Imaan that weak? :(

May Allah keep us steadfast and increase in taqwa.

Beblessed
01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! :)
:w:

natasha
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
heyy sista happy new year!! 1st Muharram..

hinda
01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
happy new years, may allah bles us with a wonderfull year, wich will bring us closer to him,,,,,,,,amiin

Z
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Salaam.

Wasn't it the New Year like 30 days ago?

papa_smurf
01-30-2006, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Wasn't it the New Year like 30 days ago?
The begining of muharram

Khaldun
01-30-2006, 11:25 PM

Threads merged.

BlissfullyJaded
01-30-2006, 11:37 PM

Excellent reminder brother. :thumbs_up

Jazakallah khair. :D

Ameen to the dua.

MetSudaisTwice
01-31-2006, 01:00 PM
salam
subhanallah the year went fast
may allah bless us with a happy new year and may allah guide us to the straight path and make us better muslim than the year before inshallah
wasalam

hidaayah
02-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Ameen to ur duas...I hope i use this year to increase my imaan...
wassalam

IZZI ALAMOODY
02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
:sl: brother n sis
ATTENTİON,
A we enter new year 1427 we have to calculate what we have done last year .Always we must know that TİME is RELATİVE n running very fast ahead us.DEATH is inevitable.(Every 1 on it will pass awy bt the face of u'r lord will remain,Master of majesty n Generosity) Q.<55:26-27>
Why dont we start reshaping our life by obeying ALLAH.(The most honoured of you in the sight of God is the most righteous of u.....)Q.<49:< dont you like during death to be told(Return to u'r lord,well pleasing n well pleased!)Q.<86:28>dont forget this even a second.(And the 2 recording angels are recording,stting on the right n on the left.he does not utter a single word,without a watcher by him,pen in hand!)Q.<50:17-18>.Let us be new MUSLİM as NEW year begins.:Alhumdill

- Qatada -
02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
:wasalamex

i agree, masha Allaah. happy new yr to u too bro :)

:salamext:

afriend2
02-01-2006, 06:18 PM
salaam,

jazakAllah bro for the post, a reminder to us all :)

happy new year to everyone inshAllah.

wassalam

hidaayah
02-02-2006, 01:56 AM
jazakallah khairun brother..hope this year is a source of increase in imaan for all of us..insha'allah..
wassalam

akulion
02-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Happy new year to you too :D

Halima
02-02-2006, 02:23 AM

Threads merged.

fantaxxy_moon
02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
;D assalamo alikom, dear brothers and sisters,
i wish you all a happy new year, and i would like to ask you to state what do you wish to see for muslims in this new year...
i wish that muslims will always live in peace in this whole part of the world:) ,
and peace be upon all of us , muslims and non-muslims:) . so tell me what do u wish for this new islamic year?

Rabi'ya
02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
threads merged

Rabi'ya:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.