/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your A Scholar Too!

Z
08-28-2005, 03:58 PM
:sl:

Yes, you are.

Everyone who has the internet is a Scholar. No doubt about that. Don't you think so?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
08-28-2005, 04:02 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

i agree kinda cz thats where i get hold of my sources from.. but u have to keep in mind that not all sites are reliable.

:w: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

TEH
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

A wise man once said, one who calls himself a scholar is ignorant...

Be careful boys...

:)

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Every one who has a computer is a scholar.Well that would be very nice only if it was true.The computer can help you become a scholar,but I don't think every one who has a computer can be called one.How awesome children even can be called scholars. :D :thumbs_up ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Safa
08-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Not everyone takes advantage of the beneficial things off the internet.

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I intend to,but always find a way to slacken.

Ra`eesah
08-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no sorry i have to disagree on that. Even scholars dont call them selves "Scholars" ... just beacuse we read things on the internet doesnt make us from those who understand and comprhend the concept, and esp on the internet where there can be misunderstandings and narration of weak or fabracated ahadith,

"One who teaches him self the Deen, Shaytaan becomes his teacher."

So its very important to have a teacher to teach you. if that was the case then why dont we all just read one certain subjects and become doctors and engineers?

TEH
08-28-2005, 04:37 PM
The whole of Bukhari and Muslim are on the internet, and the translation of the Quraan, but that doesnt make us scholars...

Z
08-28-2005, 04:38 PM

Let's see.

There's Quraan and Hadith databases with awesome search functions. There's loads of Islamic fatwa websites. A lot of articles from Scholars unknown to many such Zakir Naik, Siraj Wahab etc.

Now, the Scholars.

How many people, who have not even studied Islam, use these sources and answers and debate with others using them?

I see things like your wrong, because Zakir Naik said this. It's all over on web forums. Loads of people, who like use things that Scholars may have said, which may have proof backing what they are saying within... but what makes it ok for you to dish the same thing when you are uneducated in the matter? No one walks into a court saying blah blah blah because they have an article or something written in a newspaper relating to the same case do we.

Oh, for those who don't see the sarcasm behind the term Scholars I'm using in this topic, I think it should now be pretty clear.

Z
08-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Can Muslims also greet others with "Salaam" before writing their posts. How many times must a person be told? Ya Allah.

TEH
08-28-2005, 04:43 PM
erm, ok then...

Salaaamz

E.g. Someone asked about a hadeeth, now if we were all scholars, we should have been able to answer that, because as scholars, we should have studied it, so I went to ask a scholar about that hadeeth...

Z
08-28-2005, 04:50 PM

I think you are not getting the topic on discussion here brother. I urge you to re-read it.

I do understand what you are saying though. I think.

Ra`eesah
08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok akhee why dont u explain what you mean because im also confused now.

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Asallama Alaikum bro and yes,i'm sure we understood the humor behind this thread :D :)

Z
08-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Ask yourselves would you stand on the pulpit and give a lecture off a article written by Zakir Naik when you yourself have no education and been taught the matter itself?

We may have some people who have been taught, but it seems like many read a few things, see that there's proof, and viola, you think your a Scholar in the matter of such and such an issue. How easy.

Welcome to the world of Internet Scholars.

Ra`eesah
08-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

na3am thats what i thought u ment but i didnt think u were being sarcastic. Khair Inshallah
and yes tehre are ppl who do think this, they know it all now that they read a fatwa here and there. Allahul Musta'aan

Lateralus63
08-28-2005, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z

Ask yourselves would you stand on the pulpit and give a lecture off a article written by Zakir Naik when you yourself have no education and been taught the matter itself?

Dude you dont need education to lecture off an article by Zakir Naik all you need is a sound understanding of it, Scholars are there TO educate us and we should pass it on to other people or use it in debates if we have a good and the right understanding of it.

P.S i dont like the sarcasm you wrote at the start of this topic

Muezzin
08-28-2005, 06:06 PM

350z, I'm aware you were being sarcastic in the first post. However, sarcasm can be difficult to detect on the Internet, so don't be too hard on the people who took it seriously.

I'm not saying you have been hard on people, just a sort of warning.

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63

Dude you dont need education to lecture off an article by Zakir Naik all you need is a sound understanding of it, Scholars are there TO educate us and we should pass it on to other people or use it in debates if we have a good and the right understanding of it.

Yes,mash'allah that's the good thing about Imams(their knowledge) :thumbs_up .

TEH
08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63

What he said...

Mainul_Islam
08-29-2005, 04:47 AM
:sl:,

is this thread a joke?? im no scholar :?

format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
"One who teaches him self the Deen, Shaytaan becomes his teacher."
:-\ i dont have a teacher... but i am still being taught about Islam (from forums)... does that mean shaitan is my teacher?? :confused:

Ra`eesah
08-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok... as u see its in " QUOTES" that means they are not MY words. tayib let me explain Inshallah.

Sheikh Shuayb al-Arnaut said -
"Whoever doesn't have a sheikh, the Devil is his sheikh, in any Islamic discipline."

it has basis though from the narrations of the salaf refer to the book hilyatul talab al ilm Bakr Abu Zaid member of Lajna Ad Daima Saudi Arabiabut he also mentions that some scholars like At-Teebi disagreed with the jamhoor saying that being self taught is not permissable but it can be done meaning it was always permissable but not recommended by the ulama like the Sheikh Bakr Abu Zayd strongly discouraged it . Following the salaf like Imam Ash Shafi (r.a) but scholars like Sheikh Abu Qatada Filastini disagree they say one can study by oneself nowadays because of the rampant corruption also he mentions a hadith wherein it is prophesized that ppl will read from books.

I agree with Sheikh Bakr Abu Zayd's stance but I highly respect Sheikh Abu Qatada's opinion on this issue as well. Who am i? no one so i would highly recommend you to read this-> http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/studyh.htm :thumbs_up

*angel*
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
salaam
in one way it can be tru tht the obne who has a compis a scholar ...but depends on wat u do on the comp yeh? n i totally agree with bro TEH tht a man who calls himself a scholar is ignorant..
depends on us wat we choose like the links we go to
wasalaam
fatema

SalafiFemaleJih
08-29-2005, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z

We may have some people who have been taught, but it seems like many read a few things, see that there's proof, and viola, you think your a Scholar in the matter of such and such an issue. How easy.

Welcome to the world of Internet Scholars.

Asaalmaualaikum wrwb,

u know how i wanna become alima....I think I should just study thru internet ;) its easy as a pie.

waslaamualaikum wrwb : )]

Uthman
08-31-2005, 09:09 AM

In the words of the esteemed member, Sheikh Haroon. Knowledge is not enough, you need to have intelligence, experience and wisdom. That makes a scholar. And believe me, there are very few scholars around in today's world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.