/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very Annoyed

root
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I am very annoyed with this forum.

Recently, I found myself in a hotly contended debate with purest Ambrosia. The moderators sent me numerous PM's telling me that posts had been removed, which they were.

Now, on the SLY they have placed ALL the posts back less the final one which was against purest ambrosia posting an out of date scientific report that supported her position when a more recent report nulled the conclusion she was referencing.

Surely, if you remove them all you put them ALL back or none other than the moderators/admin are actually fixing the debates to ensure Islam is seen in a better light. First of all we learn that the mods intercept our private messages and vet them, now we find this type of dishonourable behaviour. All the PM's informing me of posts removed have also gone, surely it is fair to inform you you have put them all back bar my final post and closed the thread.

Shameful..............

Purest Ambrosia - this is not for you, and I don't mean to involve you. I am prity disgusted by this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-S-
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
This may answer your question

http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...-downtime.html

m102313
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
:sl:

lol!

I prefer the Admin's of this site, than the moderators, my posts always get deleted by mods, sometimes even good ones and beneficial. This could be because some of the mods are new, and still learning how to moderate.

:w:

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-19-2007, 08:02 PM
yh i agree, yesterday the mods deleted about 8 of my posts, and called them spam!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Some of my deleted posts reappeared.
But different than root, (Well I'm different than all and indefferent to many) :skeleton:
I wanted them gone.
I ask the mod who deleted them to redelete them.
He kindly and quickly deleted them.
When you deal with computers there will be problems. :D

-S-
07-19-2007, 09:15 PM
What posts thread were these?

ranma1/2
07-19-2007, 10:58 PM
i had several deleted myself.

syilla
07-20-2007, 02:34 AM
my threads got deleted...but its not my forumn...so what i've to say. The mods for sure knows what they are doing.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-20-2007, 02:49 AM
I didnt have any probs...:X

Muslim Woman
07-20-2007, 02:50 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by bismillah7
... yesterday the mods deleted about 8 of my posts, and called them spam!

lol :p

they deleted my thread & posts ...sometimes did not bother to mention reason :cry:

'Abd al-Baari
07-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Its just bro -S- now was bro kadafi before :) ^
anyways i think the mods are doing a great job even the trainee and reserve ones..lets remember that were all humans and every now and then we all make mistakes..anyways according to bro Iqram theres some new scheme on thats tackling down on all un-beneficial/gender mixing threads or something..Allahu A'lam
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...e-weather.html

Malaikah
07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Root, it looks like it was all an accident because of the down time.

I think this is why it is best to pm mods directly rather than post in public...

Abdul-Raouf
07-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Until they kick me out of this forum... there is No problem for me.... :)

Muezzin
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Root, I vaguely remember deleting the heck out of off-topic posts made by Ambrosia and yourself on the thread you were referring to, but cannot remember its title. Could you provide a link so I or another mod can correct this nuttiness resulting from technical issues?

Muhammad
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by root
I am very annoyed with this forum.

Recently, I found myself in a hotly contended debate with purest Ambrosia. The moderators sent me numerous PM's telling me that posts had been removed, which they were.

Now, on the SLY they have placed ALL the posts back less the final one which was against purest ambrosia posting an out of date scientific report that supported her position when a more recent report nulled the conclusion she was referencing.
I assume the thread you are referring to is this one: http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...g-allah-6.html

But as mentioned above, it does sound like this was due to the forum downtime rather than an evil conspiracy of the mods. The downtime caused posts to be lost and also moderating actions to be undone, meaning that if any posts were deleted during that period, they would have been restored when the forum was back up. And this also applied to pms - i.e. any pms sent would have been lost.

the moderators/admin are actually fixing the debates to ensure Islam is seen in a better light. First of all we learn that the mods intercept our private messages and vet them, now we find this type of dishonourable behaviour.
Nonsense - if people are able to discuss in a civilised manner, without resorting to insults or making unnnecessary derogatory comments, we have no reason to "fix" debates, and neither is there any need. As for the notion about private messages - we do not "intercept" them in the context you have implied. We only check them if there is reason for doing so, such as prolonged correspondence between a male and female.

To all members, you are free to contact a moderator if you are unsure as to why something is deleted. You may be aware that we are cleaning up certain parts of the forum, and any threads that are not in line with our guidelines are removed. So you might find a thread that appears interesting being removed, because the accuracy of information is unknown due to the source not being mentioned or being questionable. Since there are so many threads to cover, it isn't always feasible to provide a reason for each and every one, so contact a moderator to seek further clarification. You don't need to wait until a complaint thread is made, you simply have to use the private messaging facility, and we will be happy to try and explain.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.