/* */

PDA

View Full Version : soooo beautiful dua..

meriam
07-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Allahumma bi-Ilmikal ghaiba wa qudratika 'alal-khalqi 'ahyini ma 'alimtal-hayaata khairan li, wa tawaffan idza'alimtal-wafata khairan li. Allahumma as'aluka khashyataka Fī al-ghaybi wa ash-shahādati, wa as'aluka Kalimata Al-haqqi fī ar-riđā, wa al-ghađabi wa as'aluka Al-Qaşda Fī al-Faqri wa al-ghiná, Wa as'aluka na`īmāan Lā Yanfadu Wa 'As'aluka Qurrata `Aynin Lā Tanqaţi`u, wa as'aluka Ar-Riđā'a Ba`da Al-Qađā'i, wa as'aluka Barda al-ayshi Ba`da Al-Mawti, Wa as'aluka ladhdhata An-Nažari 'Ilá Wajhika wa ash-shawqa Ilá Liqā'ika Fī ghayri Đarrā'a Muđirratin Wa Lā fitnatin muđillatin

Our Lord, by Your Knowledge of the Unseen, and by Your Power over Your creation, grant me life so long as You know life to hold good for me, and grant me death when You know death to hold good for me. O Lord, I ask You to make me fear You in secret and in the open, I ask You to make me speak sincerely (the truth) at times of contentment and at times of anger, I ask You to make me be moderate (frugality) in poverty and in wealth, I ask You for a blessing that does not end, contentment that never ceases, and for acceptance of Your decree. I ask You for a good life after death, and I ask You for the joy of looking upon Your face and the longing to meet You, with no harmful adversity or misleading trial (fitnah).
[al-Nisa’i in al-Sunan, 3/55; al-Hakim, Sahih al-Jaami, 1301]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
STRIDER_420
07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Jazakallah khair......

AmarFaisal
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
JazakAllah

MuslimahBarb
07-20-2007, 08:26 PM
:sl:
Jazakallah khair for this Sister. It is a beautiful dua.

Barbara

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
highway_trekker
07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
...I ask You for the joy of looking upon Your face and the longing to meet You...
aameen

جوري
07-21-2007, 05:17 AM
I too would like to add this which was a gem burried in the Arabic section... it was the du'a of Prophet Mohammed PBUH in Taif

" اللهم انى اشكو اليك ضعف قوتى , وقلة حيلتى وهوانى على الناس , يا أرحم الراحمين , انت رب المستضعفين وانت ربي , الى من تكلنى ؟ الى بعيد يتجهمني , ام الى عدو ملكته أمرى ؟ ان لم يكن بك غضب علي فلا أبالى ولكن عافيتك أوسع لى من ذنوبى , اعوذ بنور وجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه حال الدنيا والآخرة من ان ينزل على غضبك او يحل بي سخطك , لك العتبى حتى ترضى , ولا حول ولا قوة الا بك "

here is the translation.. enjoy
:w:

"O Allah! I complain to You of my weakness, my scarcity of resources and the humiliation I have been subjected to by the people. O Most Merciful of those who are merciful. O Lord of the weak and my Lord too. To whom have you entrusted me?

To a distant person who receives me with hostility? Or to an enemy to whom you have granted authority over my affair? So long as You are not angry with me, I do not care. Your favor is of a more expansive relief to me. I seek refuge in the light of Your Face by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Your anger or Your displeasure descends upon me. I desire Your pleasure and satisfaction until You are pleased.

There is no power and no might except by You."

meriam
07-21-2007, 09:59 AM
jazzakallah sis

itsme
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Ameen to all the duahs. May Allah accept them.

MuslimahBarb
07-21-2007, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I too would like to add this which was a gem burried in the Arabic section... it was the du'a of Prophet Mohammed PBUH in Taif

" اللهم انى اشكو اليك ضعف قوتى , وقلة حيلتى وهوانى على الناس , يا أرحم الراحمين , انت رب المستضعفين وانت ربي , الى من تكلنى ؟ الى بعيد يتجهمني , ام الى عدو ملكته أمرى ؟ ان لم يكن بك غضب علي فلا أبالى ولكن عافيتك أوسع لى من ذنوبى , اعوذ بنور وجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه حال الدنيا والآخرة من ان ينزل على غضبك او يحل بي سخطك , لك العتبى حتى ترضى , ولا حول ولا قوة الا بك "

here is the translation.. enjoy
:w:

"O Allah! I complain to You of my weakness, my scarcity of resources and the humiliation I have been subjected to by the people. O Most Merciful of those who are merciful. O Lord of the weak and my Lord too. To whom have you entrusted me?

To a distant person who receives me with hostility? Or to an enemy to whom you have granted authority over my affair? So long as You are not angry with me, I do not care. Your favor is of a more expansive relief to me. I seek refuge in the light of Your Face by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Your anger or Your displeasure descends upon me. I desire Your pleasure and satisfaction until You are pleased.

There is no power and no might except by You."

:sl:
Jazakallah khair. It is wonderful to read a dua of our Prophet (PBUH).

Salam,
Barbara

Ubaidah
07-22-2007, 12:23 AM
JazzakAllah

Intisar
07-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Jazakallah Khayr, it is indeed beautiful.

<nasira>
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
jazakallah khayran...these duaas remind us dat we r infact al dependant on allah and he is ultimately da superior being...therefore dese duaas giv us a reality check....keep em cumin!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.