/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Physics Is Cool

snakelegs
07-20-2007, 02:28 AM
i'm not educated and i don't understand physics. so please do not ask me any Intelligent Questions about this.
i just thought this quote was so cool and awesome that i wanted to share it.
it's from a long article you can read here:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...a_fact_kolbert

"for four hundred years fundamental physics has been on this trajectory of unifying seemingly disparate things. We’ve found that, as we understand more, apparently incredibly disparate phenomena turn out to be different aspects of a more surprising, more beautiful answer than we could have anticipated—and often even hoped for. This started with Newton, who realized that the force dragging the apple down was the same force holding the moon around the earth. It continued with the realization that electricity and magnetism are different aspects of the same thing. Relativity told us that space and time are different aspects of the same thing. There’s more and more unity in our understanding of nature. And we’ve seen, especially over the last hundred years, that the essential unity and the essential simplicity best reveal themselves at short-distance scales. So it’s not that we care about the particles. We care about the laws.”
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, a theorist at Harvard

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-20-2007, 02:34 AM
salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
...i don't understand physics.

me too :cry:

InshaAllah will hard try to understand what is it later :happy:

syilla
07-20-2007, 02:41 AM
MashaAllah i love physics. erm...compared to chemicals. Though my area now is more towards chemical :'(

I have one wonderful stuff need to be experiment first.

Maybe someone can confirm me on this.

"If burn the bottom of a plastic bottle full of water with a lighter...it will not burnt". :eek:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.