/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

Intisar
07-20-2007, 07:23 AM
:sl:

I've been having this problem for quite a few weeks now. My sleeping clock is totally off, it's 3 in the morning and I can't sleep at all. I end up staying awake until 6-7 am in the morning depending on when my Dad wakes up and I really can't take it anymore because it's taking its toll on me. When I go to sleep I catch myself waking up with a headache. I usually drag my head off the bed and I have really bad pains in my head. So can any of you recommend any Duas or help me in any way possible? It would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
:sl: sis, i don't know about any duas, but i think your problem is that you think too much, whilst you are trying to sleep. and this is casuing the insomnia. am i right?? if so, i suggest to try to relax mentally, fix up what it is that is bothering you. like, maybe you have an isue to resolve with somone, etc try sleeping in a different position.

SpazzBurd
07-25-2007, 03:44 AM
I have struggled with insomnia for many years and haven't yet found anything that really works for me.

There are medications out there that can help. Rozerem is pretty new and doesn't have the issues of dependency that others do. It worked pretty well for me for a little while. Then there's Ambien, Sonata, and Lunesta.

There are also herbs that can help, like valerian, and herbal teas to help with sleep. But if you take any medication you need to make sure that they won't interact with the tea.

As far as dua, I don't know.

I hope you feel better. Insomnia is no fun.

tryinghard
07-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Asalamu alaikum,
I'm sorry you suffer from insomnia. Perhaps you should go to a doctor and he or she can prescribe some sleeping pills. You should try to avoid caffeine, make sure you eat healthy, and exercise properly. But don't eat too much before bed time and try not to exercise right before your bedtime. Also avoid watching tv or using your computer close to your bedtime, because it prevents you from falling asleep. Try and do something relaxing before you go to sleep also.

As for specific dua's, I'm not quite sure. Perhaps try reading the Quran and saying some dua's you know, and keep reciting them until you fall asleep. InshaAllah, you will be able to rest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tryinghard
07-25-2007, 04:02 AM
I forgot to add this, but i hope that there is no one thing that is troubling you and keeping you worried at night. As someone earlier said, you might be thinking to much.

north_malaysian
07-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Eat a whole roast chicken and 5 glasses of milk 10 minutes before you sleep.... you'll be snoring......:D

nasima el ghazi
07-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Eat a whole roast chicken and 5 glasses of milk 10 minutes before you sleep.... you'll be snoring......

جوري
07-25-2007, 04:43 AM

try this in this exact form as tinctures tend to have alcohol but this doesn't it is kosher and non-alcoholic, follow the dosing for adults, at this is directed toward sleepless children.. instructions on the back..

Recipe Files:
sleep formula
equal part
chamomole
valerian (follow adult dosage)
mint
put mix in boiling water.. let steep for 10 mins.. take right before bed and only when ready to commit yourself to the act of sleep.

jannat
07-25-2007, 05:06 PM

i am sorry to hear this. i hope and pray Allah Tala makes it easy for u inshallah. i kind of understand. Try to be patient. Sleep deprivation is terrible. below is link from NHS website of ways to prevent it inshallah:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Insomni...Lifestyle.aspx

Also try oils to feel relaxed at nite such as: Lavender and Rosemary.
Visit the doctor if it persists. if it is bad now then go to the doctor's. if u are worried abt something then sort it out and dont think abt it when trying to sleep.
Remember everything is from Allah tala, pray to him and inshallah may he make it easy for you. I pray and hope that Almighty Allah relieves you and others in this situation inshallah tala and gives u good health.

H4RUN
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tryinghard
Asalamu alaikum,
I'm sorry you suffer from insomnia. Perhaps you should go to a doctor and he or she can prescribe some sleeping pills. You should try to avoid caffeine, make sure you eat healthy, and exercise properly. But don't eat too much before bed time and try not to exercise right before your bedtime. Also avoid watching tv or using your computer close to your bedtime, because it prevents you from falling asleep. Try and do something relaxing before you go to sleep also.

As for specific dua's, I'm not quite sure. Perhaps try reading the Quran and saying some dua's you know, and keep reciting them until you fall asleep. InshaAllah, you will be able to rest.
I was always under the impression that you fall asleep alot easier if you are tired, hence exercise a tad to get that fatigue should help you merrily into dreamland..
Maybe i was wrong about this then...???:blind:

Re.TiReD
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
:sl: maybe if you have a busy/energetic day you'll fall asleep easier...btw I read somewhere that hot milk and honey does the trick...or something, lol If I've had a hectic day I can NEVER stay awake...I was on my feet from 8 till 5 one day..literally running to and fro....the result, I slept like a baby. Maybe you need to be more active? :)

AbuAbdallah
08-01-2007, 01:57 AM
salaam,

If you find that you can't sleep try reading Qur'an, you will find the Shaitan working extra hard to make you fall asleep.

nadia85
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Try keeping busy in the day may b sum exerscise or something to make u tired at night

ymijunooni
08-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I've been having this problem for quite a few weeks now. My sleeping clock is totally off, it's 3 in the morning and I can't sleep at all. I end up staying awake until 6-7 am in the morning depending on when my Dad wakes up and I really can't take it anymore because it's taking its toll on me. When I go to sleep I catch myself waking up with a headache. I usually drag my head off the bed and I have really bad pains in my head. So can any of you recommend any Duas or help me in any way possible? It would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:w:[/QUOTE]
Here is the dua for insomnia
[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.