/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter!!!!!!!

F@tim@
07-20-2007, 08:49 PM
:D :D

Harry Potters out 2nyt!! Only 2 hours to go!!
I can't wait!! Im gettin myn from Asda hopefully...only for a fiver! Lol!

Any other Harry Potter fans here?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F@tim@
07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
No1s a Harry Potter fan?!!:confused: :confused:

Star
07-20-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm a harry potter fan, cnt wait till the books out, my mum and sis r goin 2 tesco @ midnight to get a copy, a bit mad if u ask me, im guna wait @ home 4 it, delivery service, lol

:w:

Amadeus85
07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Harry Potter is a Satan's work :happy: :okay: Don't read it people. :thumbs_do

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
highway_trekker
07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
a bit mad if u ask me
True Sister Star

SATalha
07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I dont know any Harry Potter................but i know a Harry Phuthaarrrrr

Star
07-20-2007, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I dont know any Harry Potter................but i know a Harry Phuthaarrrrr
omg, lol that is soo typical :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: i hear so many ppl sayin dat.

SATalha
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh i thought i was the first to say that.....ah man

Star
07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
my friends have been sayin dat 4 years, its been upgraded to hairy phuthaar as well. lol.

united
07-20-2007, 11:36 PM
ppl its brilliant. jst finished reading it :p

SATalha
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
oH my daze you already finished the book. MAn these days i cant be bothred with fiction.....I like to read only things that will gain me more Ilm. Anyway Harry Phutharr is my next door guy.........joke

united
07-20-2007, 11:39 PM
yeh but its nice 2 have something a bit lighthearted sometimes

Yanal
07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
:D :D

Harry Potters out 2nyt!! Only 2 hours to go!!
I can't wait!! Im gettin myn from Asda hopefully...only for a fiver! Lol!

Any other Harry Potter fans here?!
:sl: :sl:
Sorry to say it i never read a harry potter book i took one out from the library but didn't read it was to busy chillin:shade: but might start reading harry potter books i hope harry dies so the books can be finished(not to be rude)

SATalha
07-20-2007, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
yeh but its nice 2 have something a bit lighthearted sometimes
Yeah i know what u mean

united
07-20-2007, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Yanal
:sl: :sl:
Sorry to say it i never read a harry potter book i took one out from the library but didn't read it was to busy chillin:shade: but might start reading harry potter books i hope harry dies so the books can be finished(not to be rude)
hmm... ill pass the chance 2 spoil it

Star
07-20-2007, 11:44 PM
ppl its brilliant. jst finished reading it :p
which country do u live in, ova here in england it was like jus realised 45 mins ago

Yanal
07-20-2007, 11:44 PM
hmm... ill pass the chance 2 spoil it
i know the ending now you should've not post that ill pass i know what that means but i am not going to spoil it etheir

Star
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Yanal
i know the ending now you should've not post that ill pass i know what that means but i am not going to spoil it etheir
glad to hear it, i want to read it for myself, i still have 2 wait another ten hours to get my hands on the book.

united
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
hmm if sum1 want the book in pdf send me a pm. no that im saying its a substitute to buying the book
i live in england and i got the copy yesterday

Star
07-20-2007, 11:47 PM
hmm if sum1 want the book in pdf send me a pm. no that im saying its a substitute to buying the book
i live in england and i got the copy yesterday
whats pdf??

united
07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
adobe acrobat.

highway_trekker
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
whats pdf??
Portable Document Format (PDF)
Files created by Adobe. You can open them if you have Adobe.

Star
07-20-2007, 11:51 PM
adobe acrobat.
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Portable Document Format (PDF)
Files created by Adobe. You can open them if you have Adobe.
oh right, thanks.

Intisar
07-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't have enough patience to sit down and read 800+ pages of a book that has no use for me at all, no offence to you ofcourse. :sunny: I do watch the movies when they come out though.

Star
07-21-2007, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
I don't have enough patience to sit down and read 800+ pages of a book that has no use for me at all, no offence to you ofcourse. :sunny: I do watch the movies when they come out though.
u shud read the book they r so much better, the movies dont do them justice, they miss half the story out. :sunny:

Intisar
07-21-2007, 12:15 AM

LOL But they're so long, I stopped after Prisoner of Azkaban. :(

Helena
07-21-2007, 12:15 AM
....EVEN though i have 6 books on my shelf....i dunno why though...:-\ ...

never read it...never tried reading it...never understand the popularity of the book...

...my friends are completely crazy about the book...i dnt have the same interest in it...

no offence but...i prefer to read islamic books....to gain more knowledge inshAlllah....:) ...

i personally think its time wasting...but on other hand..anyone just pm the conclusion of the story...:rollseyes .....

Star
07-21-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*

LOL But they're so long, I stopped after Prisoner of Azkaban. :(
yh i agree with u there, lol so u didnt get very far, the 1st 3 books are quite short.

Intisar
07-21-2007, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
....EVEN though i have 6 books on my shelf....i dunno why though...:-\ ...

never read it...never tried reading it...never understand the popularity of the book...

...my friends are completely crazy about the book...i dnt have the same interest in it...

no offence but...i prefer to read islamic books....to gain more knowledge inshAlllah....:) ...

i personally think its time wasting...but on other hand..anyone just pm the conclusion of the story...:rollseyes .....
True say, I totally agree.

united
07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
the conclusion is that giving yourself up 4 the greater good is the greatest sacrifice. it sets apart the good from the great. im sure you can relate to the concept. its not all "HARAM!" :p

Star
07-21-2007, 12:31 AM
the conclusion is that giving yourself up 4 the greater good is the greatest sacrifice. it sets apart the good from the great. im sure you can relate to the concept. its not all "HARAM!" :p
omg, good moral, but does that mean harry dies???

EDIT: actually dont answer my question, dont want to spoil it for others, or myself.

highway_trekker
07-21-2007, 12:31 AM
the conclusion is that giving yourself up 4 the greater good is the greatest sacrifice.
very true...

im sure you can relate to the concept.
its a good struggle for the naffs...

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 06:07 AM
:sl:

Pliz don't tell me this is not allowed:hiding:

We r not going to talk abt the movie...becoz that is not allowed in Islam.:eek:

But we can talk abt Harry Potter the novel..right?:okay:

So, who got the book here?

In Kwt it's gonna take time to come..anybody over here ready to spill the secret.:nervous: ?! Does he die...or live?

(I am sorry if this is not allowed but I am big fan of Harry Potter Books:playing: , and there's nothing wrong withhaving a fan club with it..the Mods know better :happy: )

united
07-21-2007, 10:23 AM
part 1
http://www.yousendit.com/download/el...RkU1R00wTVE9PQ
part 2
Link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/el...eDNCTWswTVE9PQ
part 3
http://www.yousendit.com/download/el...NmNvQUkwTVE9PQ
part 4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43RLCE0J

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
oh My GOd..I can't beleive it..it's already available in PDF!!!!!!

I have no patience..I wish I could drink the whole last novel in a glass f water n knew eerything in it!!!!

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 10:27 AM
urs links r expired united

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Harry Potter is a waste of time.

I used to read them before. But then i realised.

Its a waste of time, you should do something more constructive with your time

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Dear Brother,

After all the constructive work we do..atleast I need some time off,,and it's a perfect book for that!

united
07-21-2007, 10:36 AM
ill upload em again

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-21-2007, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Dear Brother,

After all the constructive work we do..atleast I need some time off,,and it's a perfect book for that!

yes but do remember, on the day of judgement, you will have to watch yourself reading that book in front of the whole of mankind, Angels, and Allah (SWT)

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 10:40 AM
:uuh:
What do u mean?

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I mean that on the day of judgement, you will have to wath every action you did, in front of mankind.

You will see yourself in sound and vision.

united
07-21-2007, 10:49 AM
part 1 again
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVILJMBB

part 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJ3A2X0Y

noone is forcing anyone to read the book. but many of us do enjoy novels as a form of entertainment.

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Dear United by county is not supporting this site.

united
07-21-2007, 11:00 AM
girl i suggest u edit ur post NOW

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 11:02 AM
but was it true???

united
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
some of it was. pm me the stuff u wrote and ill tell u what was tru n not

itsme
07-21-2007, 11:18 AM

Does he die...or live?

Hey be patient sis. Read the book to find out the end... I've not got the book yet too. I'll jts wait till i get it.

united
07-21-2007, 11:28 AM
part 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVILJMBB

part 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJ3A2X0Y

part 3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZBDP4K0

part 4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43RLCE0J

highway_trekker
07-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I think it’s important that some of the older (more wiser) Muslims on this forum realise that we have younger, newly practising and (searching) Muslims. Whilst some us may have grown and moved on in our journey towards the aakhirah, and hence found other ways of keeping ourselves entertained (though the Deen does not discourage a balance between it and the dunyaa), our younger community are yet to forward upon that journey. And if Harry Potter is the only thing they hold on to in terms of entertainment (giving up music, explicitly indecent movies, free-mixing which leads to fitnah and all the rest of it) then Alhamdulillaah, they are carving, slowly, a safer and protected path for themselves. Even though some of the underlying concepts and messages of Harry Potter may oppose some aspects of our Deen, we should hope that our youths do not make these books a source of their knowledge and understanding of this world. And Insha’Allaah, we pray for better perception and wisdom in all our youths so that when it comes to making choices, they make those that will benefit them both in this world and the aakhirah. We have more rights upon our youths then the glitter of Harry Potter, Inshaa’Allaah; I hope we can keep hold of them. And from Allaah comes guidance.

itsme
07-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow... thanks for the links united...:D

The Ruler
07-21-2007, 11:43 AM

As much as I'm a literd, I prefer the HP films over the HP books. Recently I've found a link to he latest HP film 'The order of the phoenix'. And its good quality too. Ima wait for the othr books to come out as films insh'Allah.

Far7an
07-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Alpha Dude and A7med are hairy puttar fans.

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I think the films r nothing compared to the novels...I was quiet dissappointed with the first movie. Anyway, I am going to read mine...:)

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3747751/...athly_Hallows_[REAL]_[PDF]_[CLEAN]

I got my copy from here,,, somone told me it's the original one!

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
To tell the truth, the fun of the book is readin it in book format..rather than on net. But to calm our nervous systems we have to get n read something for now!

Far7an
07-21-2007, 11:52 AM
He was advertising that he had the book in PDF format. Tsk tsk.

The Ruler
07-21-2007, 12:07 PM

In the story's epilogue, taking place 19 years (2017) after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry and Ginny Weasley have three children named James, Albus Severus, and Lily, Neville Longbottom becomes the herbology professor at Hogwarts, and Ron and Hermione have two children named Rose and Hugo. Draco Malfoy has a child named Scorpius. They all meet at King's Cross, about to send their children to Hogwarts at the beginning of term. It is revealed that Harry's scar has not hurt since the Dark Lord's defeat, and there, the story ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_P...llows#Epilogue

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 12:10 PM
hmm...so we can verify our versions from here

itsme
07-21-2007, 01:41 PM
To tell the truth, the fun of the book is readin it in book format..rather than on net.
Totally agreed!!! :thumbs_up :lol:

Star
07-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I think the films r nothing compared to the novels...I was quiet dissappointed with the first movie. Anyway, I am going to read mine...:)
totally agree with you, the books are soo much better, the recent release of the 'order of the phoenix' missed parts of the book out, it wasnt worth watching.

F@tim@
07-21-2007, 02:08 PM
The films are such a disappointment! I mean Rupert Grint is an awful actor! And it just spoils all these pictures u'v made in your head!

And........in todays newspaper (The Daily Mirror) it said that in total 11 characters die and many of them who've been with us from the beginning.

Omdzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

$tranger
07-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Spoilers:

Mad-eye moody dies
Hedwig dies
:offended:

^thats how far iv read sofar. lol

H4RUN
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM

U lots r going potty over potter, Nutters i tell ya...NUTTERS!:p

Star
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
The films are such a disappointment! I mean Rupert Grint is an awful actor! And it just spoils all these pictures u'v made in your head!

And........in todays newspaper (The Daily Mirror) it said that in total 11 characters die and many of them who've been with us from the beginning.

Omdzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!
lol ukhtee u r funny, by the way are you serious, do 11 ppl really die, im gettin frustrated now, most ppl seem 2 have read da book , n i've not even bought it yt, but i cn wait...

$tranger
07-21-2007, 02:15 PM
:-\ 14 posts in dis thread? Nutters? :-\

how about the other "Harry Potter!!!!" thread :p

:X lol

AmarFaisal
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tranger
Spoilers:

Mad-eye moody dies
Hedwig dies

I read all the spoilers on net...a lot of ppl die..but the end is somewhat like an Indian Movie...:D

Star
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Spoilers:

Mad-eye moody dies
Hedwig dies

plz don reveal what happens in the book yt i want to read it 4 myself, i could stop viewing this thread, but the temptation is tooo great.

ranma1/2
07-21-2007, 02:17 PM

Pliz don't tell me this is not allowed:hiding:

We r not going to talk abt the movie...becoz that is not allowed in Islam.:eek:
?? you cant talk about a/the movie??
Why is that?

highway_trekker
I think the films r nothing compared to the novels...I was quiet dissappointed with the first movie. Anyway, I am going to read mine...
totally agree with you, the books are soo much better, the recent release of the 'order of the phoenix' missed parts of the book out, it wasnt worth watching.
Better choice sisters!

AmarFaisal
u have patience sister^^^^^!:)

H4RUN
07-21-2007, 02:33 PM
:-\ 14 posts in dis thread? Nutters? :-\

how about the other "Harry Potter!!!!" thread :p

:X lol

YA'LL NUTTERS:p Happy? I'd rather not post there cos then i'd get a heck of alot of emails in my inbox for the subscriptions:p I aint one 2 turn off the featured, too taxing! lol

sevgi
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
youre all nuts...

ur jst ruining it for eachother..

i harry potter.so i sugest this thread be closed...just for pure evilness.

muhuhahahaha...:coolalien :Evil:

ive vowed never to watch or read anything to do with hp.

not now anyways...

dnt ask why or i wont shut up...

H4RUN
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
^WHY! OH WHY:p:p Do speak:D

sevgi
07-21-2007, 03:15 PM
i have frends reading hp books for the tenth time....

to narrow ones literary base to such seclusion disgusts me...

ask a child which books they know of...and all they can come up with these days is hp.wat happens to dahl and jennings? what happens to bloom and dickens?

a woman, set out to write a childrens book...utterly fails and writes absolute crap, for an unknown audience...realises she can turn this into a lot of dough...and keeps going...adding bits and peices to suit every audience, every age, every gender, every genre.

i refuse to credit such pot luck with literary value.a bunch of pretty words and crazy ideas and themes have come in the way of children diversifying their reading scopes...

take ur younger sibling into a library-especially if they dnt necisarily enjoy reading-and tell em to choose a book.try it. u know theyre gna pik up harry potter.

harry potter has become a comodity. rowling has so insensitively comodified literacy...the 21st century turn has become a disgrace in the face of literary history.i can just imagine my kids studying hp as a university text or a high school text...trying to interpret it in difrent genre...oh how rich it is...oh how many universal themes it yeilds...oh how many morals it seeks to impose upon the readers...

i certainly dont like the fact that the youth of today are being taught that when ur in trouble...oh wait...dont do anything...u know harry...he jsut waves a wand and hes out of it. ala kazam.hey presto.

poke me if u wish...i can go on.

highway_trekker
07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Mashaa'Allaah, you're obvioulsy a literature fanatic and a good one at that!

But be merciful to the young ones on here ;-)

sevgi
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Mashaa'Allaah, you're obvioulsy a literature fanatic and a good one at that!

But be merciful to the young ones on here ;-)
lol...

ur rite..i guess i do come across as a bit of a granny wen it comes to this sort of stuff...

perhaps i shud set up a disclaimer...or an official PG rating at the beggining of my harry potter hate posts.lol...they can hate me all they want.im hoping the world will wake up and smell the empty book shelves theyve created...one day...

highway_trekker
07-21-2007, 03:27 PM
*smiles*

leave you to it...

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-21-2007, 03:36 PM
:salamext:

There is no such thing as good magic in Islam, and all forms of magic are haraam.

Islam does not forbid leisure or having fun in permissible ways. The basic rule concerning these games is that they are permissible so long as they do not get in the way of obligatory duties such as establishing prayer [i.e., praying properly and on time] and honouring one’s parents, and so long as they do not include anything that is haraam. There are, however, many haraam elements in these games, such as the following:

Games which depict wars between the people of this world (“good guys”) and people from the sky (“bad guys”), with all its implications of accusations against Allaah, may He be glorified, or the noble angels.

Games which involve sanctifying the cross or passing over or by it to gain strength, to bring one back to life or the give the player extra “lives” and so on. Also, games which are used for designing birthday cards as in Christian culture are also forbidden.

Games which approve of witchcraft/magic, and which glorify witches/magicians/sorcerers, etc.

Games which are based on hatred of Islam and Muslims, like the game in which a player gets 100 points if he hits Makkah, 50 points if he hits Baghdaad, and so on.

Games that glorify the kuffaar and show pride in belonging to them, like games in which if a player chooses an army belonging to a kaafir state he becomes strong, and if he chooses an army belonging to an Arab state he becomes weak. Also, games which teach a child to admire kaafir sports clubs and the names of kaafir players.

Games that include depictions of nudity, and some games that allow the winner to see a pornographic picture; games that corrupt morals, such as games where the idea is to run away with a girlfriend from the bad guys or a dragon.

Games based on ideas of gambling.

Music and other things that are known to be forbidden in Islam.

Physical harm, such as damage to the eyes and nervous system; harmful effects of game sounds on the ears. Modern studies have shown that these games may be addictive and harmful to the nervous system, as well as causing stress and nervous tension in children.

Making children get used to violence and criminality, and teaching them to take killing and murder lightly, as in the famous “Doom” game.

Corrupting children’s sense of reality by teaching them about a world of illusions and impossible things, such as coming back from the dead, supernatural powers that do not really exist, images of space aliens, and so on.

We have gone into details about some of the ideological dangers and things that are prohibited by Islam because many fathers and mothers do not pay attention to these things, and they bring these games for their children and let them play with them.
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2898&ln=eng&txt

14. Do not upload, post or otherwise transmit any contents that is unlawful (haram), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.

:threadclo

glo
07-21-2007, 03:44 PM
My daughter was into the Harry Potter books, when they first came out.
So being interested in what she was reading, I started reading the books myself.

I must admit that by the time I came to be the third book (The Prisoner of Azkaban), I found myself quite troubled by how dark, sinister and depressing the content was!
I found the idea of people having every happy thought and hope removed from their minds deeply disturbing! So much so, that I decided half-way into the book that I didn't need to read anymore.

I haven't read any other HP books or watched any films since then ...
From what I hear from others the plots get darker and more harrowing with every book - so I am sure I couldn't stomach this last book at all!

Each to their own, of course ... perhaps I am just a bit of a coward! :uuh:

Peace

united
07-21-2007, 03:46 PM
i think it is totally unfair to pick on hp books. it is true that kids enjoy them but they do read other books besides them. its only a few nutters who read nothing else besides them.

Muhammad
07-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Another important aspect is that when we come on the forum, it is hoped we draw away from the distractions of the dunyaa and participate in an environment with an Islamic focus, thus distinguishing ourselves from other forums of a worldly genre. That's not to say we cannot ever discuss things that are not directly related to Islam, but simply that we have to exert some control over our discussions and how we spend time on here.

We've had a number of threads on Harry Potter in the past and these were often removed or closed, so it's better to avoid making more threads and what's more - you're bound to get someone spoiling the plot anyway!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.