/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox Christianity

JustinHesychast
07-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Does anyone here that is Muslim have experience with Orthodox Christianity?

Thanks! ^-^

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I got a lovely reception on TAW *cof cof not*

But aside from that, yes, I've studied it as part of my religious studies major in college, attended a few DLs and debating wacky protestants with an AO friend.

Woodrow
07-23-2007, 06:24 PM
A few of my relatives were Russian Orthodox, and I had attended Russian Orthodox Masses. I can find no differences in belief from Roman Catholic that I was raised as, the main differences I found were the language and the fact that Orthodox Priests marry.

Grace Seeker
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
A few of my relatives were Russian Orthodox, and I had attended Russian Orthodox Masses. I can find no differences in belief from Roman Catholic that I was raised as, the main differences I found were the language and the fact that Orthodox Priests marry.

There are some differences. Some significant enough (or at least so they were viewed at the time) to result in the Great Schism. But I am not Orthodox. I can fill you in from my general knowledge, or I can put you in contact with some Orthodox who you can be in conversation with yourself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m.sali
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I have experience with orthodoxism, if anyone wants help

north_malaysian
08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
..the fact that Orthodox Priests marry.
The Maronite Catholic priests too.. if I'm not mistaken.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.