highway_trekker
07-20-2007, 11:18 PM

Imaam Ahmad (rahimahullaah) used to say:

“If you spend a day in solitude, do not say
I spent it in solitude, but say over me is a Watcher
And do not think that Allaah is oblivious for even an hour
or that what you try to hide from Him is unseen
Do you not see that today is leaving fast
And that tomorrow for the onlooker is indeed near?

For those of us who feel lonely...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-20-2007, 11:37 PM
:sl: :sl:
MashAllah who's the author did you write it and is it a poem?

~ Sabr ~
01-24-2012, 01:28 PM
:bump:

sis muslimah
01-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Mashallah, jazakallahu khair for sharing sis :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmuShaheed
01-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Jazakallah for sharing ;D

Txyib
01-27-2012, 02:38 AM
salam
this reminds me of a islamix story when the father gives the children sweets and says eat them where no one can see you etc
il find it if i can
wasalam
محمد طيب
A man once gathered his three young sons together. He gave each boy a bag of sweets and the same simple instruction: “My sons, go each of you and eat these sweets in a place where no-one will see you and then return to me.”Each of the sons took his bag of sweets and left. A short while later all three returned to their father. Seeing two of his sons with empty hands, the man asked each of them in turn where they had eaten their sweets.One of the sons replied: “O my father! I went and hid in my room where I was all alone and ate my sweets. No-one saw me.”Another son replied: “O my father! I climbed up a tree and hid there all alone amongst its branches to eat my sweets. No-one saw me.”Then the man turned to his third son. The little boy still had his bag of sweets clutched in his hands. His father asked him why he had returned without eating his sweets as he had been instructed.“O my father!” the little boy replied. “I tried to hide alone in my room like my first brother and then I tried to hide up a tree like my other brother, but wherever I hid I could not find any place where I could eat my sweets without being seen; wherever I tried to hide, Allah was always there watching over me.”
Even though I was told this story as a young child, I still remember it vividly to this day. Despite being a parable for young children, the tale of the boys and their sweets is an effective way for anyone to understand the basic meaning behind a concept in Islam which is hugely important, but which it is very difficult to translate into English. Taqwa.The root letters that the word stems from in Arabic, wa qa ya, give meanings including to guard, preserve, shield and protect. In terms of being a religious concept taqwa is commonly translated as ‘God consciousness’ or fearing God, a quality which guards the one who possesses it from Allah’s displeasure and anger. For a Muslim to always be aware of Allah (like the little boy who couldn’t find anywhere to eat his sweets in secret), to be mindful of always seeking His pleasure and staying away from that which causes His displeasure, is the essence of taqwa.Given the references to it in the Quran, taqwa is a must for anyone wanting to live the Muslim life. Allahsays, for example:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!