/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Constructing a CV

afriend
07-21-2007, 09:49 AM
:sl:

Any tips on how to organise and make a CV?

JazakAllah khair

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Take your friends and write over it,

i did :D

But i forgot to delete his name, begins with the same letter *Doh*

aamirsaab
07-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll send you mine over msn.

afriend
07-21-2007, 09:51 AM
:rollseyes...For some reason I don't think that will be a very good idea. lol JazakAllah bro, that's when I see you around!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
07-21-2007, 10:09 AM
salams bro

jst google a cv template...work on that...theyre all pretty much the same.:D

Pk_#2
07-21-2007, 10:52 AM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Here are some general points:
1. You need to aim for 2 pages maximum
2. You do not need the heading curriculum vitae as it is clear what the document is - your name should be the first thing on the CV
3. Date of birth is optional (the dates of your education will give an employer an idea of your age)
4. Education - you need to start with the most recent and work backwards so your degree should be first - you do not really need to list grades for all of your modules. You may want to shorten the section on your GCSEs as the further you progress in your degree you will want to include more details on this than on your high school studies. For your GCSEs you could list subjects in two columns which is a better use of space or your could simply state 11 A*-C grades including English, Maths and Science
5. Other qualifications - Achievements section
6. Employment - again start with the most recent and work backwards and be consistent in terms of the way you present dates. Usually we would just put the month and year and not include the exact date but you need to follow this format for each job/work experience. Look at examples of other CVs to get an idea of how much to include.
7. Interests - just keep it simple travel (Include some examples if you want)
8. Employment Skills - this needs to come earlier in the CV usually after your profile if you want to include examples of skills such as organisation,
teamwork, communication, etc. if you state you have these skills you need to demonstrate where you have used them e.g. through your studies, part time jobs, voluntary teaching, etc. If however the only skills you want to identify are IT and languages then you can keep this section near the end but it should be before your interests and should be factual e.g. IT skills: Word, Excel, etc.
Languages: If you choose this option then you need to identify in the education and employment sections which skills you have developed.
9. References - just 2 - usually 1 academic from university.

source: this is all taken from an e-mail from a luton career n cv dept

All proffessional stuff :p

sevgi
07-21-2007, 12:02 PM
seeing as u are still very young iqram, you have to understand that ur not gonna gave too much on ur cv. the sort of job you apply for shouldnt bee too far fetched if u know what i mean. try to pik up a job in which ur assesser will not be expecting too much customer service experience, or tertiary education.

the most important at ur stage is customer service experience i guess...

what sort of work are u after? or are u after work at all?

afriend
07-21-2007, 04:18 PM

Nah not really, I just finished work experience at 2 organisations so I was just wondering how it would be set out on a CV, I am planning to get a job during the summer but it's nothing professional, maybe some corner shop somewhere.

JazakAllah everyone for your input :)

:w:

Protected_Diamond
07-22-2007, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Take your friends and write over it,

i did :D

But i forgot to delete his name, begins with the same letter *Doh*
LOL funny clown

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!