/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to save your iman??

sundus
08-28-2005, 11:58 PM
bismillah
as salamlu alaykum wa rahmatullah
I would like to know of a shieikh that perhaps I can call to ask some advice. My arabic is very weak so if he spoke english thats is easier for me insha'Allah. I don't want to sound rude but I do not profess to belong to any *group* in islam and only want that the sheikh be following the QUran and sunnah. Not some other interpretation of islam. I need to find someone I can trust to ask this advice from insha"Allah. If the sheikh is in Canada that would be good but if not np i can call elsewhere. Jazakum Allahu khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
um mohamed
09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Salam

Have you tried your main Mosque where you live if it is quite big they usually have Imama who can answer your questions or they have a website were you can ask a question there is a site called www.islamicqa.com and if you goto google you can find lots of other question and answer sites and mosques in your area. I hope this is of some help InchAllah :wasalaam:

sundus
09-03-2005, 10:16 PM
as salalmu alaykum
jazakum Allahu khair sister...may Allah reward you.

mary
09-03-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't want to sound rude but I do not profess to belong to any *group* in islam and only want that the sheikh be following the QUran and sunnah.

:sl:
Doesnt everyone who belongs to Islam belong to a ' group' in terms of school of thought? Can u follow the Quran and Sunnah without agreeing to a particular school? If someone could answer this as i always thought one has to follow a particular school.....

Thank you
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
um mohamed
09-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Salam

No you do not have to follow a school of thought if we are true Muslims we should follow the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) this is the best way to live. :wasalaam:

Uthman
09-05-2005, 07:09 AM

I agree with Um mahomed. As far as I know, it isn't obligatory to follow a school of thought.

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-05-2005, 03:42 PM
By 'school of thought' you could be referring to a whole range of ideas.

What is obligatory is that we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah. And by that we mean we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah as it was understood by its direct recipients - the companions of the Prophet Muhammad saws and the early generations of Muslims. Their understanding was the correct understanding. So as long as we adhere to this, than that is our group in Islam.

As for someone you can contact, if you'd prefer to have phone numbers I can give you some, and if you'd prefer e-mails I can provide you with some as well, inshaa'Allah.
:w:

mary
09-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Salam
u know by school of thought i mean for example Hanafee. is anyone able to answer my question. Isnt a school of thought an interpretation of aggreement of whats written in the quran and sunnah, for instance abt Hijab each school has their own opinion for instance one school believe u shd wear niqaab and head scarf whilst the other says u can just wear head scarf. Sorry to confuse anyone.
Wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.