/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why the marriage section...

Maidah
07-21-2007, 01:50 PM
not that it bothers me but out of curious, why did LI remove the marriage section???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
the basics of islam section has also been removed.

i think theyre trying to really direct forum discussions to islam and narrow down the fields which lead to 'off topic' posts and threads. i think they also want to open sections which are more encompassing rather than smaller, less encompassing ones.

im not sure...hang in there, a mod will reply soon.:D

Muhammad
07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
:sl:

i think theyre trying to really direct forum discussions to islam and narrow down the fields which lead to 'off topic' posts and threads. i think they also want to open sections which are more encompassing rather than smaller, less encompassing ones.
That's true.

The Marriage Section was being misused and many topics did not belong there, however, we may replace it with a similar section that will be of benefit Insha'Allaah.

As for the Basics of Islam section - it's not removed, it's just closed to new posts at the moment, because many threads need moving into the right subsections and some need removing. We hope to have it open again as soon as possible Insha'Allaah.

AhlaamBella
08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
:sl:

Lol I know I'm still sleeping but, where has the marriage forum disappeared to? I loved that one. :(

:w:
Khadijah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
lol tell me about it. I found that forum really useful

snakelegs
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
actually, the entire basics of islam section has been sleeping at the bottom of the ocean for quite a while now.

AhlaamBella
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
lol. o-kay. jazakAllah for sharing lol

IB-Staff
08-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Admin/mods all felt it was for the best to remove it.
Not all, leave madani out :hmm:

Thread Moved & Merged.

Sister X
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Salaams

I can understand that the marriage section had the potential for being misused - but as someone already mentioned won't members start posting 'marriage-based' threads on general chat? It would be nice to see a replacement/alternative of some sort. Just wondering, about all the threads that were posted in this section? Are they lost to viewing?

Sorry, I am new - but still very familiar to this forum!

JZK

syilla
08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I think family and unity of ummah section are good.

------
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
:salamext:

Ermmmm where's the marriage forum section bit gone? :uuh: ^o) :coolalien :ooh:

$tranger
08-08-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...m-changes.html

Alhumdulillah!!!

------
08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
:salamext:

but y? :S

smile
08-10-2007, 07:20 PM
i didn't even notice it was gone!

Tania
08-18-2007, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LI-Staff
Not all, leave madani out :hmm:

Thread Moved & Merged.
Yes, we are waiting to be re-opened. Its a very useful place from this forum.:D Always i liked to share thoughts about men nature.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.