/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamic school magazine

sevgi
07-21-2007, 04:33 PM
:sl:

a friend and i have decided to start a magazine for young girls aged 12-17...this will start off in a school environment (a school which i do volunteer work for) and inshallah spread to a wider audience...

the whole aim is to make islam fun, cool and down to earth for the young girls who dilute their minds with the mainstream teen mags so conveniently available today...

we dont want it to be too over islamic...just within halal boundaries...

were thinking of a cool title...not like "islam 4 u" or anything...no islam in there...something more "hip" so to speak...

any ideas for our title...

oh and we need duas...but for now...title names...:D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
07-23-2007, 10:31 AM
bump...

sevgi
07-24-2007, 01:20 AM
noone? dnt make me bump it again...

please ppl. i need good ideas.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2007, 03:59 AM
sorry, i tried, but really, i can't think of anything.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
07-24-2007, 10:23 AM
thanks sis...i appreciate it.:statisfie

Re.TiReD
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
erm.....inspire...inspiration....Al-Anees (the friend) erm..are they all Muslim?

sevgi
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
yep..target is mulsim audience...but i like wher ur going iwth the inspiration....

Re.TiReD
07-24-2007, 10:40 AM
:sl: I wanted to start one...was gonna be called OneUmmah....but it may not go with what you wanna do? inspirational gems....or just Gems....or Little Gems....or....I dunno ...lol

sevgi
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
hey thanks sis...why dnt u go anlong wit ur idea... sounds gud...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-25-2007, 09:46 AM
although i like the other sisters title (better than what i could come up with:p ), i suggest that it also sounds Islamic. im not saying the previous one doesn't, but if i were to pick up a mag like that, i wouldn't really think it would contain Islamic knowledge. what about lil Islamic gems...islams da gem...lil gems of islam (the lil being the young girls, the gems being the knowledge, and Islam obviously being what the topic of the mag is based on, basically it has a double fold meaning-just in case you didn't get it. :p )the. im not really good at this stuff.

sevgi
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
although i like the other sisters title (better than what i could come up with:p ), i suggest that it also sounds Islamic. im not saying the previous one doesn't, but if i were to pick up a mag like that, i wouldn't really think it would contain Islamic knowledge. what about lil Islamic gems...islams da gem...lil gems of islam (the lil being the young girls, the gems being the knowledge, and Islam obviously being what the topic of the mag is based on, basically it has a double fold meaning-just in case you didn't get it. :p )the. im not really good at this stuff.
thanks sis...

im noting all these down...i have to consult my partner about em...

keep it up...any help is deeply appreciated i swear..ur brainstorming means a lot to me...:smile:

Re.TiReD
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
hmmm...I'm stuck! :hmm: wish I could think of more....I'll think sum up Insha'ALlah and post 2morrow. :sunny: Siraat Al Mustaqeem? erm... An-Najm..the star! hehe

sevgi
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
thsi mag is for mainstream mulsim girls...so we cant really use arabic terminology...they wouldnt get it...

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Desert Rose (Depicting the journey (desert) of a young muslimah (rose)
Sands of Time (a journey with all its ups and downs)

or more literal...
Companions of Knowledge
Bearers of Glad Tidings

sorry ukhtee thats all I can think of right now.

all the best anyway

sevgi
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
very good sis...u know...i think i cud mix n match and find something really original here...

like Gem bearers...or something...

:w:

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
...you'll think of something Inshaa'Allaah :-)

Ummu Sufyaan
07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
:sl: sis, sumayye do you guys need any ideas of what to put in your mag. i've got some if you want.

sevgi
07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
im open to all ideas and suggestions...but we have a fair idea of what we want in there. we will be having our first board meeting tomorrow so we will structurise (made that word up...i think...but i guess im allowed...im a literacy student...if shakespeare could do it..so can i...) all the sections...

if u have any ideas..plz dnt hesitate...maybe i can find interesting things to add in and present them tomorrow at the meeting.

salams sis...and thanks for ur attention.

Re.TiReD
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
how bout a poetry section? I'd love to give you some pieces to put in :D how about Modesty (Haya) or The Muslimah...

sevgi
07-26-2007, 12:02 PM
of course sis that wud awesome...

omg...u can pm them to me or jst post em here i guess...or i cud pm u my email adress...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.