/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our Brave Boys in Iraq: Psychos Gang-Rape 14-Year-Old Girl

islamirama
07-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Our Brave Boys in Iraq: Psychos Gang-Rape 14-Year-Old Girl

Imagine your 14-year-old sister or your 14-year-old daughter Imagine her being gang-raped by a group of psychopaths
and then the girl was killed and
her body burned to cover up the rape
Finally, her parents and her
five-year-old sister were also killed
Hail the American heroes...
Raise your heads high supporters of the 'liberation'
- your troops have made you proud today.

Rape. The latest of American atrocities. Though it's not really the latest- it's just the one that's being publicized the most. The poor girl Abeer was neither the first to be raped by American troops, nor will she be the last. The only reason this rape was brought to light and publicized is that her whole immediate family were killed along with her. Rape is a taboo subject in Iraq. Families don't report rapes here, they avenge them.

We've been hearing whisperings about rapes in American-controlled prisons and during sieges of towns like Haditha and Samarra for the last three years.
The naiveté of Americans who can't believe their 'heroes' are committing such atrocities is ridiculous. Who ever heard of an occupying army committing rape??? You raped the country, why not the people?

In the news they're estimating her age to be around 24, but Iraqis from the area say she was only 14. Fourteen. Imagine your 14-year-old sister or your 14-year-old daughter. Imagine her being gang-raped by a group of psychopaths and then the girl was killed and her body burned to cover up the rape.

Finally, her parents and her five-year-old sister were also killed. Hail the American heroes... Raise your heads high supporters of the 'liberation' - your troops have made you proud today. I don't believe the troops should be tried in American courts.

I believe they should be handed over to the people in the area and only then will justice be properly served.
And our ass of a PM, Nouri Al-Maliki, is requesting an 'independent investigation', ensconced safely in his American guarded compound because it wasn't his daughter or sister who was raped, probably tortured and killed. His family is abroad safe from the hands of furious Iraqis and psychotic American troops.

It fills me with rage to hear about it and read about it. The pity I once had for foreign troops in Iraq is gone. It's been eradicated by the atrocities in Abu Ghraib, the deaths in Haditha and the latest news of rapes and killings.
I look at them in their armored vehicles and to be honest- I can't bring myself to care whether they are 19 or 39. I can't bring myself to care if they make it back home alive. I can't bring myself to care anymore about the wife or parents or children they left behind.

I can't bring myself to care because it's difficult to see beyond the horrors. I look at them and wonder just how many innocents they killed and how many more they'll kill before they go home. How many more young Iraqi girls will they rape?

Why don't the Americans just go home? They've done enough damage and we hear talk of how things will fall apart in Iraq if they 'cut and run', but the fact is that they aren't doing anything right now.

How much worse can it get? People are being killed in the streets and in their own homes- what's being done about it? Nothing.

It's convenient for them- Iraqis can kill each other and they can sit by and watch the bloodshed- unless they want to join in with murder and rape.Riverbend
When Is a 14-Year-Old Girl a 'Woman'?

Ever since the case of the raping and killing of an Iraqi and the alleged murder of three of her family members by U.S. troops went public, the age of the rape victim had been in dispute, ranging from about 15 to 25.

Two days ago, Reuters and others news agencies produced proof that she was 14, based on a passport and identity card. Most news organizations then started calling her a girl -- but some persist in referring to her as a "woman."

The girl was apparently born August 19, 1991. Yet a widely published AP story today by Robert H. Reid repeatedly referred to the girl, whose last name was al-Janabi, as a “young Iraqi woman" and later again as a "woman."
The story was in reference to the gag order being requested by attorneys for Steven D. Green, an ex-soldier who is one of the men charged with the rape and murders.
It begins: "An al-Qaida-linked group posted a Web video today purporting to show the mutilated bodies of two Fort Campbell soldiers, claiming it killed them in revenge for the rape-slaying of a young Iraqi woman by American troops from the same unit."

A separate AP story today by Juan Lozano, on the soldiers' families defending them, also refers to the girl as a "young woman." Another Reid story later in the day on suicide bombings also used "young Iraqi woman."

In Tuesday's Washington Post, an article by Joshua Partlow refers to the teen as an “Iraqi woman.” USA Today featured the AP "young woman" story.

The CNN site called the victim a "young female" and a "woman." A CNN report aired Tuesday by Nic Robertson continued to refer to the child as a "young woman."
Yet a full day earlier, and again today, The New York Times was calling her a "girl." The Los Angeles Times today referred to her as a "teenage Iraqi" and later as a "teen." Bloomberg used "girl" and McClatchy's dispatch chose "teenager." Reuters simply stated her age: 14.
But Jim Lehrer on his PBS "NewsHour" last night referred to her a "woman." At the CBS News site today, a joint CBS/AP story uses "young woman." The Houston Chronicle goes with "young Iraqi woman" in an article by James Pinkerton for Wednesday's edition.

Other stories today continue to offer caveats, claiming that the age of the young victim was “in dispute.” The Reid AP story referred to an FBI affidavit concerning Green’s charges, which estimated al-Janabi to be about 25.
The article went on to say that “a doctor at the Mahmoudiya hospital gave her age as 14. He refused to be identified for fear of reprisals.” The AP story does not mention the Reuters release of al-Janabi’s passport and the other supporting documents.

An AP wire photo published with many of the stories does refer to the victim as a "girl." Editor & Publisher

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I am tired of repeating this but war brings out the beast from every man or woman(yes its a movie quote buys says a lot nicely).
rapes,civvies being killed,such stuff will happen.

Amadeus85
07-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Every man or woman will agree that this story is tragic. What else we can say?

Intisar
07-21-2007, 09:06 PM
This is so disgusting, I can't believe anyone would ever do that. It's incomprehensible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KAding
07-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Absolutely outrageous. Good thing the perpetrators are getting tried and convicted for this horrible crime.

Why this is being dredged up now I don't know. I would think there is enough horrible bloodshed to report on in Iraq on a daily basis. I mean just yesterday a bus was blown up bomb and and six civilians are said to have died in a US air strike.

islamirama
07-22-2007, 07:52 PM
The people who are mockingly denying this ever happened probably do believe the story but are just lying and trying to cover this story up.

This story is pretty old from 2004, I dont know if the soldier in the video actually witnessed it or not. This caused so much problem that Abu Ghriab was under numerous attacks by mortars. They had one of their walls even breached once.

From Daily Kos' partial transcript of a video (link to REAL stream) of Seymour Hersh speaking at an ACLU event. He says the US government has videotapes of children being raped at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.

" Some of the worst things that happened you don't know about, okay? Videos, um, there are women there. Some of you may have read that they were passing letters out, communications out to their men. This is at Abu Ghraib ... The women were passing messages out saying 'Please come and kill me, because of what's happened' and basically what happened is that those women who were arrested with young boys, children in cases that have been recorded. The boys were sodomized with the cameras rolling. And the worst above all of that is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking that your government has. They are in total terror. It's going to come out."

islamirama
07-22-2007, 07:53 PM
From the words of a general himself about raping of children and women.To the pro deviant crowd in this forum, tell me this, will the men whose honor you took ever surrender?

In the meeting, the officials professed ignorance(ya right!) about Abu Ghraib. “Could you tell us what happened?” Wolfowitz asked. Someone else asked, “Is it abuse or torture?” At that point, Taguba recalled, “I described a naked detainee lying on the wet floor, handcuffed, with an interrogator shoving things up his rectum, and said, ‘That’s not abuse. That’s torture.’ There was quiet.”

I learned from Taguba that the first wave of materials included descriptions of the sexual humiliation of a father with his son, who were both detainees. Several of these images, including one of an Iraqi woman detainee baring her breasts, have since surfaced; others have not. (Taguba’s report noted that photographs and videos were being held by the C.I.D. because of ongoing criminal investigations and their “extremely sensitive nature.”) Taguba said that he saw “a video of a male American soldier in uniform sodomizing a female detainee.” The video was not made public in any of the subsequent court proceedings, nor has there been any public government mention of it. Such images would have added an even more inflammatory element to the outcry over Abu Ghraib. “It’s bad enough that there were photographs of Arab men wearing women’s panties,” Taguba said.

Source www.newyorker.com

snakelegs
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM
the pictures that were published in the new yorker are imprinted on my mind and i am afraid they will never go away.
what can i say? nothing.
bush and his criminal war have disgraced the u.s. in the eyes of the world.

Cognescenti
07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
The people who are mockingly denying this ever happened probably do believe the story but are just lying and trying to cover this story up.....
[/I]

One of the unnamed posters must be confused. This is the real world. Who here, exactly, has denied that a murder was committed?

BTW, did has the inflammatory picture that has nothing to do with the story been taken down yet?

Woodrow
07-22-2007, 08:06 PM
To those who had innocent posts deleted in the brawl, it is the only way to keep fairness and return this thread to a sense of order.

The original topic should have been added as a reply on an existing thread, rather than being a new topic. However, the past 4 post have brought out sufficient statements that it now resembles a separate topic.

Remember, if you are going to argue, direct the argument to the topic and not to any member.

doorster
07-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama

The people who are mockingly denying this ever happened probably do believe the story but are just lying and trying to cover this story up
Untrue

Cognescenti
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
To those who had innocent posts deleted in the brawl, it is the only way to keep fairness and return this thread to a sense of order.

The original topic should have been added as a reply on an existing thread, rather than being a new topic. However, the past 4 post have brought out sufficient statements that it now resembles a separate topic.

Remember, if you are going to argue, direct the argument to the topic and not to any member.

Yes sir, but my orignal indictment of the fraud involved in the topic starter seems fair game.

MTAFFI
07-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Firstly I would like to state that rape is a cowardly dispicable act, and I am sure that God has a special place in hell for those who commit such disgusting acts.

With that said, it seems that people forget what happens in war. Take a look at any way that has happened in the history of mankind, there has always been rape, robbing, torture, etc. I am not saying it is right and I am not saying that it should be accepted, I am just saying that "war is hell". Also lets not forget, the US troops often get placed in the headlines for their morality but look at their enemy, where is their morality? Do you not think that the same thing is happening on both sides?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.