/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida's man in Iraq unveiled

islamirama
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
July 19, 2007, 6:25AM
Al-Qaida's man in Iraq unveiled as fictional characterU.S. military says an Iraqi actor had portrayed the nonexistent leader

By TINA SUSMANLos Angeles Times

BAGHDAD — In March, he was declared captured. In May, he was declared killed, and his purported corpse was displayed on state-run TV. But Wednesday, Omar al-Baghdadi, the supposed leader of an al-Qaida-affiliated group in Iraq, was declared nonexistent by U.S. military officials, who say he is a fictional character created to give an Iraqi face to a foreign-run terror group.

In reality, an Iraqi actor has been used to read statements attributed to al-Baghdadi, who since October has been identified as the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq, said U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Kevin Bergner.
Bergner said the information came from a man whom U.S. forces captured July 4 and who was described as the highest-ranking Iraqi within the Islamic State of Iraq. The detainee, identified as Khaled Abdul-Fattah Dawoud Mahmoud al-Mashhadani, has served as a propaganda chief in the organization, a Sunni insurgent group that claims allegiance to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida.

According to Bergner, Mashadani helped create Islamic State of Iraq as a "virtual organization" that is essentially a pseudonym for al-Qaida in Iraq, another group that claims ties to al-Qaida. The front organization was aimed at making Iraqis believe that al-Qaida in Iraq is a nationalistic group, even though it is led by an Egyptian and has few Iraqis among its leaders, Bergner told a news conference.

"The Islamic State of Iraq is the latest effort by al-Qaida to market itself and its goal of imposing a Taliban-like state on the Iraqi people," he said.
Islamic State of Iraq had been widely described as an umbrella organization made up of several insurgent groups, including al-Qaida in Iraq.

There was no way to confirm the military's claim, which comes at a time of heightened pressure on the White House to justify keeping U.S. troops in Iraq. Critics of the Bush administration say he has been trying to provide that justification by linking the broader-based al-Qaida to the conflict in Iraq, even though Bin Laden's organization had no substantial presence here until after the U.S. invasion of March 2003.

"The same people that attacked us on September the 11th is the crowd that is now bombing people" in Iraq, President Bush said Tuesday.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...d/4980195.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-muslimah
12-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh Abu Umar Al-Baghdadi yes mashallah he is good.ISI are mashallah. I ask Allah to give victory to our brothers in Iraq from Ansar al sunnah, ISI, Jamaat tawheed wal jihad, and the many more great mujahideen of Iraq.May Allah give them victory all over the world.From Afghanistan to the Philipines.Ameen.

Keltoi
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Since the beginning of this guy's statements I think most people were fairly dubious as to who he actually was. I'm surprised this article was actually posted, since it affirms the fact that Al-Qaeda has to create a fictional character to put an Iraqi face to their activities.

Or perhaps you didn't actually read the article and assumed it meant the U.S. made up this guy?...

Woodrow
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Reading the article it is a safe guess that many people only read the first and last lines of an article. However, some good may come from it as it shows that in spite of Al-Qaida claims, they only have very limited support or presence in Iraq. Perhaps this may be sufficient reason for a faster pull out from Iraq.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cognescenti
12-06-2007, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Reading the article it is a safe guess that many people only read the first and last lines of an article. However, some good may come from it as it shows that in spite of Al-Qaida claims, they only have very limited support or presence in Iraq. Perhaps this may be sufficient reason for a faster pull out from Iraq.
Yes. Perhaps it will also turn off the spigot of nutbars volunteering (or being "volunteered") from Saudi or Tunisia or wherever to come to Iraq and "martyr" themselves by blowing up some police recruits or a marketplace with Shia women and children.

AQI (which, of course was made up by the US :?), by sowing sectarian hatred, destroying the Samara Mosque several times, slaughtering thousands of Shia women and children, a goodly number of Kurds, several hundreds of Yazdi and sawing off the heads of a fair number of non-combatant Westerners, attacking the UN compound and killing the UN Ambassador and by assassinating Sunni sheiks and politicians trying to make peace has delayed the exit of US troops.

When there was a straight-up fight with the US Marines (as in Falloujah) AQI packed their bags and moved on in women's clothing to terrorize another town.

Al Zarkawi has assumed room temperature, the Sunni Sheiks in Anbar are tired of AQI, OBL is reduced to sending letters by donkey and it seems young firebrands are starting to reconsider their career options before signing up for AQI. Their main effort now is internet marketing.

islamirama
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
The Line of Atrocity: From the White House to Haditha

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/im...ocide_iraq.jpg

For it is not the small-scale Haditha atrocity that should be compared to My Lai: it is the entire Iraq War itself. The whole operation � from its inception in high-level mendacity to its execution in blood-soaked arrogance, folly, greed and incompetence � is a war crime of almost unfathomable proportions: a My Lai writ large, a My Lai every single day, year after year after year. - Chris Floyd

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/ar...ne_of_atr.html

MTAFFI
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
islamirama's post
I am not sure how this is linked to US troops or the whitehouse

Jayda
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
hola,

please warn us if you are going to post those kinds of pictures... it is very upsetting for me and i am certain others as well...

i am confused about the OP, does this mean that the government hired actors to be the person in charge of al qaeda on tv, or that al qaeda hired an actor and the government has been chasing a figment of their imagination?

gracias

Cognescenti
12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I am not sure how this is linked to US troops or the whitehouse
It's a misdirection move as his orginal purpose seems to have run off the track when people read the whole article.

It may be linked to US troops (if the picture really is from Haditha). It is not linked to the Whitehouse. The chap he cites posts at some ridiculous, leftist, anti-capitalist website. The source of the picture is not attributed but in the lower right you can see 9Q9Q.com which is largely in Arabic but appears to be some kind of jihadi cheerleader site where one can also find such treasures as videos of the execution of SH...woohoo.

Here is the link if you want to go into a NSA database :D

http://9q9q.com/index.html

In any event, the picture is cynically posed for PR purposes and demeans the loss of life of those poor children.

BTW...the original link is faulty, and even though the alleged author has worked for the LA Times, I cant find any evidence of that article by searching the LA Times databse.

Nice, sound references there, islamirama +o(

nevesirth
12-06-2007, 04:21 PM
The Line of Atrocity: From the White House to Haditha

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/im...ocide_iraq.jpg

For it is not the small-scale Haditha atrocity that should be compared to My Lai: it is the entire Iraq War itself. The whole operation � from its inception in high-level mendacity to its execution in blood-soaked arrogance, folly, greed and incompetence � is a war crime of almost unfathomable proportions: a My Lai writ large, a My Lai every single day, year after year after year. - Chris Floyd

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/ar...ne_of_atr.html

imagine wht would happen if these children were american? noise noise noise. khalas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kittygyal
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
imagine wht would happen if these children were american? noise noise noise. khalas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sl:

Terrible man.. that would be upsetting aswel

May Allaah guide them all Amin

Ma'assalama

islamirama
12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
No need to imagine, their little 9-11 happened and they invaded afghanistan on lies and accusations. Then they wanted some oil so they invaded iraq without any connection to 9-11 and on lies of WMD. What's the result? over 1.5 Million iraqis dead. Another genocide by the hands of the crusaders. May Allah destroy them all, ameen.

Cognescenti
12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
No need to imagine, their little 9-11 happened and they invaded afghanistan on lies and accusations. Then they wanted some oil so they invaded iraq without any connection to 9-11 and on lies of WMD. What's the result? over 1.5 Million iraqis dead. Another genocide by the hands of the crusaders. May Allah destroy them all, ameen.
Let's see...."little 9-11 happened"....conspiracy theory..check

Call to violence in the form of a prayer (how very Islamic of you by the way)........check

Posting articles without valid links......check

That's 3 forum rules violations in just one thread. That is truly heroic.

BTW...as your figure for the casualties in Iraq seems to be going up at a rate of 500,000 a month, it would seem Allah is confused about whom he is supposed to destroy. The real figure for Nov 07 is probably in the 500-600 range including Iraqi Army and police casualties. This is too high, of course, but it off by a factor of 1000 from your figure. Using your figure there will be no Muslims left on the planet in about 15 years. At the current rate of US casualties (30 per month) it will take about 10,000,000 months (or about 800,000 years) to get rid of just the Americans. That seems like a long time to me.

Invading Iraq for oil :laugh: Oh please. That is preposterous on the face of it.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-06-2007, 05:42 PM
quote:Perhaps this may be sufficient reason for a faster pull out from Iraq.

That is the Catch 22, Americans aren't Iraq anytime soon, not at least all of the troops. In fact, they are planning to establish long term military bases as they have in various other Middle Eastern country. Alqaeda never made the bulk of the resistance, but the Americans claimed so because they wanted to make the Iraqi resistance look like it was run by foreigners. And obviously, the Alqaeda enhanced or spiced up their level of influence in Iraq. But Sunnis did make alliance with them simply because they faced American, British, Shia and Kurdish onslaught. But if Alqaeda is finished in Iraq; will the Americans leave? I highly doubt it. Alqaeda wasn't the reason they came in the first place and they will stay there, ie establish long term military bases in the long term, to protect their oil and security interests.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Invading Iraq for oil Oh please. That is preposterous on the face of it.

So why did they Invade Iraq? It Wouldn't be because Alqaeda was there or Saddam has weapons of mass descruction? I can only think of two reasons: O and I=Oil and Israel!

Woodrow
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Mukhtar
Invading Iraq for oil Oh please. That is preposterous on the face of it.

So why did they Invade Iraq? It Wouldn't be because Alqaeda was there or Saddam has weapons of mass descruction? I can only think of two reasons: O and I=Oil and Israel!
It would be far cheaper and much safer to simply pay the OPEC prices for the oil. that is what is done in Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar, Venezuela and the other OPEC nations Iraq is an OPEC nation so the basic buying of oil is through OPEC and not the individual nations.

Yes, there is a reason why the USA wants to be in Iraq. but it is not oil. It is to prevent oil from being sold to China and Russia. So, I guess in that way you are right about oil, but it is not to get oil, it is to prevent others from getting it.

In all probability it would be in the Western Worlds best interest if the oil fields of the mideast were depleted. The Western world has no need to be dependent on it, the goal has always been to be the highest bidder with OPEC and pay more than what China and Russia were willing to pay. but now the economy of China has reached the point were they can match or exceed the bids from Western countries. I doubt if it is any coincidence that the countries being targeted are the countries that have signed lucrative contracts with either China or Russia.

Afghanistan may not be the most noted for oil production, but it has other resources:

China wins major Afghan project
By Ian MacWilliam
BBC News

A rocket lies on the ground in Afghanistan
Afghanistan has suffered decades of war
A Chinese mining company has won a tender to develop one of the world's largest copper mines in Afghanistan.

The state-owned China Metallurgical Group says it will invest nearly $3bn in the mine at Aynak in the province of Logar, south of Kabul.

Officials say it will be the largest foreign investment in Afghan history and will employ 10,000 people
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7104103.stm

Iraq:

Iraq, China to revive Saddam-era oil deal as Baghdad seeks investment
The Associated Press

Published: October 28, 2006
BEIJING China and Iraq are reviving a 1997 deal worth US$1.2 billion (€850 million) signed by Beijing and Saddam Hussein's government to develop an Iraqi oil field, Baghdad's oil minister said Saturday.

Officials will meet next month to renegotiate the agreement over the al-Ahdab field, said Iraqi Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani. He was wrapping up a three-nation tour to secure investment to revive his country's oil industry.

"If agreement is reached very quickly then I expect them to start working right away," al-Shahristani said at a news conference.

China is the world's second-largest oil consumer and has been investing heavily in trying to secure access to foreign supplies.

State-owned China National Petroleum Corp. signed the al-Ahdab deal in the midst of U.N. sanctions that barred direct dealings with Iraq's oil industry. Beijing was waiting for sanctions to end when the U.S. invasion in 2003 overthrew Saddam's government.

The new Baghdad government courted Beijing because Chinese producers have been willing to invest in Angola, Sudan and other countries that are considered too dangerous or politically isolated.

All other energy contracts signed by foreign producers during the Saddam era also must be renegotiated after Iraqi lawmakers enact a new oil and gas law, which is likely to happen this year.

Beijing had been thought to be out of the running for major contracts in postwar Iraq, with the best deals going to the United States and its allies. But the upsurge in violence there has made the country less attractive to Western producers.

Al-Shahristani said al-Ahdab would be among the first fields offered to foreign bidders, which will need to show technical and financial capability and a proven record in producing oil.

Iraq will need up to US$20 billion (€14 billion) in investment to develop its oil infrastructure, the minister said.

Al-Shahristani met with Chinese energy officials and executives of the country's four biggest oil companies — CNPC, China Petroleum and Chemical Corp., China National Offshore Oil Corp. and Sinochem Corp.

He said questions about security in Iraq didn't come up, because the fields that interest Chinese producers are in the south, where violence is minimal.

He said Iraq also wants to develop areas in its western desert and the Kurdish region in the north.

BEIJING China and Iraq are reviving a 1997 deal worth US$1.2 billion (€850 million) signed by Beijing and Saddam Hussein's government to develop an Iraqi oil field, Baghdad's oil minister said Saturday.
Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...a_Iraq_Oil.php

Iran:

Reports: China, Iran near huge oil field deal

SHANGHAI, China - China and Iran are close to setting plans to develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field, according to published reports, in a multibillion-dollar deal that comes as Tehran faces the prospect of sanctions over its nuclear program.

The deal is thought potentially to be worth about $100 billion.
Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11404589/

islamirama
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti

BTW...as your figure for the casualties in Iraq seems to be going up at a rate of 500,000 a month, it would seem Allah is confused about whom he is supposed to destroy. The real figure for Nov 07 is probably in the 500-600 range including Iraqi Army and police casualties. This is too high, of course, but it off by a factor of 1000 from your figure. Using your figure there will be no Muslims left on the planet in about 15 years. At the current rate of US casualties (30 per month) it will take about 10,000,000 months (or about 800,000 years) to get rid of just the Americans. That seems like a long time to me.

More than 1,000,000 Iraqis murdered since 2003 invasion

It is at least 10 times greater than most estimates cited in the US media, yet it is based on a scientific study of violent Iraqi deaths caused by the U.S.-led invasion of March 2003.

The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in September 2007. Opinion Research Business estimated that 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US invasion.

This devastating human toll demands greater recognition. It eclipses the Rwandan genocide and our leaders are directly responsible. Little wonder they do not publicly cite it

A deafening silence on report of one million Iraqis killed under US occupation

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/se...orb2-s17.shtml

Over 1 Million Killed In Iraq Further Confirmation

http://tenpercent.wordpress.com/2007...-confirmation/

nevesirth
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
seems they want to kill 3million iraqis to avenge the death of 3 thousand americans. so it means 1 american life=1000 iraqi lives.

Keltoi
12-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Funny how quickly the article which began this thread was ignored....perhaps since the person who posted this article wasn't even sure what the article said....is there even a point to this thread at all?

islamirama
12-07-2007, 05:32 AM
seems they want to kill 3million iraqis to avenge the death of 3 thousand americans. so it means 1 american life=1000 iraqi lives.

What do you mean they "want to" bro? they are doing it!!! :thumbs_do

Ninth_Scribe
12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm surprised this article was actually posted, since it affirms the fact that Al-Qaeda has to create a fictional character to put an Iraqi face to their activities.
You know, I really don't understand why the U.S. pretends to be so opposed to so-called "foreign" Muslim groups since it was America who promoted the concept. Seriously, the U.S. sponsored a huge recruitment (propaganda) campaign to encourage Arab youth to care about what happens to their people in foreign lands... like Afghanistan. We circulated brochures with pictures of burned women and children, etc, because we wanted them to fight the Soviet Union... for us!

Excerpt from Lost Letters:

Zarqawi: No, there wasn't any particular personality that touched me before my adherence. And the real reason that made me religious was that I went through a lot of incidents that brought me close to destruction and therefore close to death. So I felt that Allah was warning me. After that I was guided and I adhered to (the teachings of) Islam.

Baghdadi: The transfer from general religiousness to the depths (zarwah) of Islam i.e. Jihad , how did that happen?

Zarqawi: By the grace of Allah, during my stay with the brothers at the Masjid, I regularly performed congregational prayers and the brothers used to discuss the news of Jihad in Afghanistan. We also used to receive tapes of Sheikh Abdullah Azzam, may Allah have mercy on him, who had a very great influence in directing me towards jihad. Similarly we would get magazines on jihad and a few videos that effected me a lot and made me among those who cared enough to travel to the land of jihad in Afghanistan. I decided to migrate leaving my family, as I had only been married a short while, two months or so, and my age then was 23 years.

Baghdadi: The journey to Afghanistan, how did it take place?

Zarqawi: I got the visa from the Jordan embassy because at that time it was simple on the part of these organizations that obey the command of America so it made it easy for youth to travel to Afghanistan in order to destroy the Soviet Union and stop its raid towards the warm waters as is the Russian dream. And you know. the world then was divided into Capitalist and Socialist and both of them were competing on the lands of influence, nevertheless the Middle East . Most of the Arab countries follow American order, so America didn't bat an eyelash in declaring jihad against the Soviet Union and these countries made it easy to reach Afghanistan. I reached Afghanistan in 1989 and came back to Jordan in 1992.
So, let me see if I understand the complaint. We pursuaded Zarqawi to care about what happens to Muslims in foreign lands like Afghanistan, because it was convenient for us (we wanted him to fight the Soviets), but we redicule him for caring about what happens in foreign lands like Iraq, because it was inconvenient for us. We told people to care and get involved, and now we tell them to mind their own business?

imsadimsadimsadimsad

Keltoi
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
You know, I really don't understand why the U.S. pretends to be so opposed to so-called "foreign" Muslim groups since it was America who promoted the concept. Seriously, the U.S. sponsored a huge recruitment (propaganda) campaign to encourage Arab youth to care about what happens to their people in foreign lands... like Afghanistan. We circulated brochures with pictures of burned women and children, etc, because we wanted them to fight the Soviet Union... for us!

Excerpt from Lost Letters:

So, let me see if I understand the complaint. We pursuaded Zarqawi to care about what happens to Muslims in foreign lands like Afghanistan, because it was convenient for us (we wanted him to fight the Soviets), but we redicule him for caring about what happens in foreign lands like Iraq, because it was inconvenient for us.

imsadimsadimsadimsad
Did you even read the article? Baghdadi was a fictional character created by Al-Qaeda. Pasting some imaginary conversation Zarqawi had with a fictional character serves absolutely no purpose.

Ninth_Scribe
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Did you even read the article? Baghdadi was a fictional character created by Al-Qaeda. Pasting some imaginary conversation Zarqawi had with a fictional character serves absolutely no purpose.
This was not an "imaginary conversation Zarqawi had with a fictional character" and you're missing my point.

The U.S. is accusing AQI of inventing an Iraqi face to hide its "foreign" origin. I find that whole argument of theirs, weird, considering our position in the earlier campaign.

Oh, just so you know, the one who conducted the interview was Abu Yaman al-Baghdadi - not to be confused with Abu Omar al-Baghdadi... the one U.S. military officials are saying doesn't exist. Hmmm. Maybe none of them exist, lol.

Anyway, not getting embroilled over it... but it just struck me as rather two-faced on our part.

The Ninth Scribe

Cognescenti
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
So, let me see if I understand the complaint. We pursuaded Zarqawi to care about what happens to Muslims in foreign lands like Afghanistan, because it was convenient for us (we wanted him to fight the Soviets), but we redicule him for caring about what happens in foreign lands like Iraq, because it was inconvenient for us. We told people to care and get involved, and now we tell them to mind their own business?

imsadimsadimsadimsad
As Reagan might have said..."Ah, there you go again". Are you a card-carrying member of the "blame America crowd"? Do you really mean to tell the assembled masses that the mujahadeen fighting the Soviets were all duped by the US? That simply defies credulity. What about the relevant passages in the Quran and the Hadith? Did the CIA secretly modify them? Perhaps the Mossad helped as they are better at Arabic?

This is the old "the CIA created OBL" myth rewarmed for Zarqawi. Let's turn a new page in the playbook, shall we?

Keltoi
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
This was not an "imaginary conversation Zarqawi had with a fictional character" and you're missing my point.

The U.S. is accusing AQI of inventing an Iraqi face to hide its "foreign" origin. I find that whole argument of theirs, weird, considering our position in the earlier campaign.

Oh, just so you know, the one who conducted the interview was Abu Yaman al-Baghdadi - not to be confused with Abu Omar al-Baghdadi... the one U.S. military officials are saying doesn't exist.

Anyway, not getting embroilled over it... but it just struck me as rather two-faced.

The Ninth Scribe
Two faced? The issues you bring up are totally unrelated except for the fact that they are self-proclaimed Muslims. Al-Qaeda fabricated an Iraqi propoganda figure in order to convince Iraqis themselves and the U.S. that there was significant Iraqi support for Al-Qaeda's actions...we now know that there isn't significant support for Al-Qaeda in Iraq.

Ninth_Scribe
12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
As Reagan might have said..."Ah, there you go again". Are you a card-carrying member of the "blame America crowd"? Do you really mean to tell the assembled masses that the mujahadeen fighting the Soviets were all duped by the US?
I never said that. I just said it's two-faced to encourage foreign fighters for one purpose and then complain about them for another. And, yes. America has some real problems. Or are you one of those card-carrying "Americans are pure as driven snow" members?

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
we now know that there isn't significant support for Al-Qaeda in Iraq.
Oh, that's right... you speak for all Iraqis. It never occurs to you that when ANYONE "questions" them, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear... because we all know what can happen to their sons and daughters if they actually speak their minds.

Sorry, didn't get your attitude that I'm supposed to believe whatever the Bush Administration tells me. An admin that has told 27 blatant lies thus far. And yes... they're two-faced.

But whatever...

MTAFFI
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh, that's right... you speak for all Iraqis. It never occurs to you that when ANYONE "questions" them, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear... because we all know what can happen to their sons and daughters if they actually speak their minds.

Sorry, didn't get your attitude that I'm supposed to believe whatever the Bush Administration tells me. An admin that has told 27 blatant lies thus far. And yes... they're two-faced.

But whatever...
why are the excuses always like this one "They will tell you what you want to hear", that is complete bullcrap. The media isnt killing anyones sons or daughters, the US media is about as liberal as it gets, other than Fox news they are pretty consistant about not liking Bush, wanting out of Iraq, etc. Not to mention the number of people who answer on the condition of anonymity, this is probably where you are confused since the majority of the answers are anonymous so the AQI guys dont come kill their families.

Not to mention the facts on the ground are speaking for themselves right now in Iraq, with more people joining the police and military and more tribes and smaller factions joining with US and coalition troops to get these maniacs out of their country.

wilberhum
12-12-2007, 08:33 PM

But whatever...
So "you speak for all Iraqis"? How did you get that position?

But who among us are so ignorant that they think Iraqis are of "one mind"?

jzcasejz
12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh, just so you know, the one who conducted the interview was Abu Yaman al-Baghdadi - not to be confused with Abu Omar al-Baghdadi... the one U.S. military officials are saying doesn't exist. Hmmm. Maybe none of them exist, lol.
^ Yes, it was by Abu Yaman al-Baghdadi:

The reply came after a period of time that the Sheikh has agreed to this request and the call was given to the reporter of the media section of the Al-Qaeda organization in the land of Rafideen. The “reporter” at that time, Brother Abu Yaman al-Baghdadi (Rahimahullah ) then met with Sheikh Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi. The meeting took place in the form of an interview where Brother Abu Yaman entered into a detailed discussion with Abu Musab.

muthenna
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Inshallah we support the 3 Umars:
Abu Umar Baghdadi AlQuraishi (Islamic State of Iraq); Dokku Umarov (Qauqas Emirate) and Mullah Muhammad Umar Mujahid (Afghan Emirate)....
Between american crusaders and muslim believers I believe muslims more..
Nice try by US of Losers...By propaganda and 'Divide and Rule' policy

wilberhum
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muthenna
Abu Umar Baghdadi AlQuraishi (Islamic State of Iraq); Dokku Umarov (Qauqas Emirate) and Mullah Muhammad Umar Mujahid (Afghan Emirate)....
Right! The standard "All Muslims are good" and "All non-Muslims are bad".
Now that's original. At least I thought it was for the first few times I heard it.

Cognescenti
12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muthenna
Could we move past the childish "Crusader" rhetoric please? How many centuries ago was that? You guys really can carry a grudge.

By the way....when the US is beaming the "divide and rule" mind waves from outer space, just make yourself a beanie out of tinfoil...that will block out about 99%.

Jayda
12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
hola,

i'm still a little bit confused... is this article saying that al qaeda uses an actor as it's front man, or that the whitehouse hired an actor to be the face of what is so far a faceless person?

que Dios te bendiga

Omar_Mukhtar
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Could we move past the childish "Crusader" rhetoric please? How many centuries ago was that? You guys really can carry a grudge.

By the way....when the US is beaming the "divide and rule" mind waves from outer space, just make yourself a beanie out of tinfoil...that will block out about 99%.
u wanna t thatell to the bush, the self proclaimed crusader........

Umm Yoosuf
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Old news. Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.