/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lectures and Books about Muhammad (saws)

_salam_
07-22-2007, 02:17 AM
1. Does anybody have any good lecture series on the Prophet (saws), other than Anwar al-Awlaki?

2. Can anybody recomend any good books (in english) about the Prophet (saws), they don't have to be ebooks.

Thanks,
May Allah reward you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
07-22-2007, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _salam_
1. Does anybody have any good lecture series on the Prophet (saws), other than Anwar al-Awlaki?

2. Can anybody recomend any good books (in english) about the Prophet (saws), they don't have to be ebooks.

Thanks,
May Allah reward you
I really liked "The Sealed Nectar" by Safiur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri

Skillganon
07-22-2007, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I really liked "The Sealed Nectar" by Safiur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri
:sl:

I am not saying this book is.

I heard their are other english translation of the original that have grave mistake.

MustafaMc
07-22-2007, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon

I am not saying this book is.

I heard their are other english translation of the original that have grave mistake.
What are the mistakes that you have heard about? The revised edition that I have is copyright 2002 and I believe the translation was supervised by Abdul-Malik Mujahid.

http://www.darussalam.com/product_in...roducts_id=211

A book review from this website:
This is truly the best book of Seerah I have yet come across! It's very detailed considering it's size and it outlines and describes all the main phases of the Prophet's (Peace be upon him) life from his childhood to his death, the first revelation to the conquest of madinah and from the battle of badr to the last sermon! It also desrcibes the situation of pre-Islamic Arabia - it's pros and cons, tribes and rulership and the religous and economic situation. This book didn't just win first prize for nothing, it's an excellent book for all, non-Muslims and Muslims alike, wishing to understand Islam better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ilm.seeker
07-22-2007, 05:46 AM

AUDIO

Prophet Muhammad ( Sallalahi Alaihi Wasallam )

Articles/Books

Prophet Muhammad ( Sallalahi Alaihi Wasallam )

_salam_
07-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Thank you to everybody, may Allah reward you.

Uthman
07-22-2007, 07:37 PM

I also recommend http://www.sunnitorrents.com for a great variety of different lectures and the like.

:w:

nasirmuzaffar
07-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I highly recommend
Life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) - Lessons & Morals- Makkan Period (13CDs)
By Sheikh Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi

you can order it from
http://www.muslimaudio.com/proddetail.php?prod=MLM-YQ

nasirmuzaffar
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
As regards to books dealing with the Seerah Of The Prophet (saws)
have a look at the following link:
http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...rophetMuhammad

ilm.seeker
07-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Here are the seerah videos by Yasir qadhi on Google Videos

1. Life of Muhammad (SAW) Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - from islam1
  2. Biography of Prophet Muhammad (p): Part 1a - [ Part 1b ]
  3. The Seerah - Makkan Period Intro
  4. The Seerah - Biography of The Prophet - Makkah Period - Ep 8 - Islam Channel
  5. The Seerah - Lessons and Morals - Medinan Period - [Video 01] [Video 02]
    Series about Life of Beloved Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and morals and lessons derived from it. The program shown on Islam Channel.
source

adamtaufique
07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I would recommend buying "Muhammad: Man and Prophet". I believe it's got the literary style of Martin Lings book but the authenticity of ar-Raheeq al-Maqtoom.

It can be purchased here:
http://islamicbookstore.com/b7111.html

- Qatada -
07-23-2007, 03:00 PM
:salamext:

Seerah in depth!

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/media/default.asp?q=f&f=%2FSeerah+of+the+Prophet+%28pbuh %29

It's in more depth than Anwar Al Awlakis :)

And it continues in depth of the Khulafah; Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Bani Umayya aswell alhamdulillah. Then the Tabi'een, then the 4 great Imams.

ilm.seeker
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Dear Brother Qatadah,

Jazakallah Khair for the link.

It seems very clear and knowledgeable speaker.

Do you have any info/bio of this speaker Dr. Bashar Salah,
I did a quick search of him,but not able to get info.

wasalam
AbdurRahman Meda

- Qatada -
07-23-2007, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

I couldn't find much info on him either akhi, but i've heard them lectures and subhan Allaah their amazing and have lots of information in which you might not have heard before.

There's even powerpoint presentations which he made for the lectures which have been uploaded on the site aswell alhamdulillah.

He also gives some refutations to many of the anti islamists aswell, especially when they attack some parts of the Seerah.

So i believe he is trustworthy alhamdulillah, but i havn't been able to find any information on him from the internet either. Sorry. :) But i would reccomend you put his lectures on your site insha Allaah if you can, since he hasn't sold them either - their all free alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.