/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme

highway_trekker
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Assalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

As a continuation from my earlier thread, ‘What am I Going to Do?’ I thought it would be beneficial to set a weekly theme for the next 6 weeks of the summer break. This will Inshaa’Allaah ensure that those of us who need a focus throughout the summer will have one ready at hand.

The aim of the thread is for users to post as many things as possible related to the week’s theme. This can include short articles from authentic sources, poems, quotes, real life stories and exemplary stories from the past and present or any other related items.

The target is then to apply this theme throughout the week in our personal and social dealings, for individual development and progression in the Deen. It is hoped that those of us who use the forum for benefit will do so through the posts of other users. Inshaa’Allaah, others can benefit from the reward of offering advice and support to those who need it.

Inshaa’Allaah, those who have any ideas about further themes can suggest them perhaps through PMs.

Jazaak’Allaahu Khayran in advance to all those who contribute to this thread.

Summer Holidays Week 1
Theme: Patience (Sabr)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Inshaa'Allaah I will start with some powerful ayaat related to patience...

"Seek Allaah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for the (khaashioon) true believers." (2:45)

"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for Allaah is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allaah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper."
(3:200)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allaah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish." (11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allaah." (16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allaah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning." (40:55)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (41:35)

"Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy." (103:2-3)

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief."
(94:5-6)

highway_trekker
07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
A nice poem..

Patience is a virtue I'll try to explain
A blessing in disguise always to remain

From very deep inside the well of my heart
Peace of body and mind and the will to start

I'm summoned by a call at the dawn of the day
Just giving thanks to Him as I kneel to pray

Endurance is my counsel and faith my guide
The door is open to the struggle inside

With knowledge of certainty, I now can see
The reality of truth, plain as can be

It is charity that gives meaning to life
From the love of my caring in times of strife

Piety and wisdom help me through the day
But always I will return to kneel and pray

For it is patience, the essence of my goal
That enlightens and gives meaning to my soul.

highway_trekker
07-22-2007, 11:23 PM
And a story...

The Shipwreck

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island ....

He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him,and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions.

But then one day, after scavenging for food,he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened;everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"Allah, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
(Comment; Plenty of people use such statement --- think again you should never qestion Allah nor object to his willing)

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly.

But we shouldn't lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground--it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
highway_trekker
07-22-2007, 11:28 PM

At times I find it hard to breath

The air seems trapped deep within my chest

A sorrowful feeling falls over me

A thick blanket that fails to warm me

It’s a feeling so strange

So hard to explain

Like a knot in my heart

That tightens around me

Yet amidst all the sorrow

There’s a feeling of hope

A feeling that burrows

Deep within me

Attempting to surface

To push away the pain

Like a friend, a companion

Someone who cares

It’s a feeling of peace

Like a voice, yet silent

Whispering in to my ear

Trying to provide a little comfort

Among the confusion and pain

It calls to me

To have some hope

Put my trust in it

Let my worries fade

All I need do is let myself go

Let go and all freely

I know it will catch me

In this I must have faith

This feeling, this friend

Whose love I cannot comprehend

Will be my candle

When I’m alone in the dark

I need only trust it

Reach out to touch it

Let it grasp my arm

When I reach out with my hand

This feeling of hope

Has only one source

That source is Allah

The gracious

The true.

"And verily after every hardship comes ease, verily after every hardship comes ease"

Have patience my brother...the time will come...

Star
07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
:sl: ukhtee,

great thread, particularly liked the short story, good moral,

anyway, keep up the good work, may allah reward you for your efforts, :D

:w:

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
[I][CENTER][CENTER]Abridgement of his original work entitled, “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat" [The Definition of Patience]

By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Sabr is an Arabic word which comes from a root meaning to detain, refrain and stop. There is an expression in Arabic, "so-and-so was killed sabran," which means that he was captured and detained until he died. In the spiritual sense, patience means to stop ourselves from despairing and panicking, to stop our tongues from complaining, and to stop our hands from striking our faces and tearing our clothes at times of grief and stress.

WHAT THE SCHOLARS HAVE SAID ABOUT PATIENCE

Some scholars have defined patience as a good human characteristic or a positive psychological attitude, by virtue of which we refrain from doing that which is not good. Human beings cannot live a proper, healthy life without patience.

Abu 'Uthman said: "the one who has patience is the one who has trained himself to handle difficulties."

'Amr ibn 'Uthman al-Makki said: "Patience means to keep close to Allah and to accept calmly the trials He sends, without complaining or feeling sad."

Al-Khawwas said: "Patience means to adhere to the rules of the Qur'an and Sunnah."

Another scholar said: "Patience means to refrain from complaining."

'Ali ibn Abi Talib said: "Patience means to seek Allah's help."

IS IT BETTER TO HAVE PATIENCE AT A TIME OF DIFFICULTY OR TO BE IN A SITUATION WHICH DOES NOT REQUIRE PATIENCE?

Abu Muhammad al-Hariri said:

"Patience means not seeing any difference between times of ease and times of hardship, and being content at all times."

I (Ibn Qayyim) say:

" This is too difficult, and we are not instructed to be like this. Allah has created us in such a way that we feel the difference between times of ease and times of hardship, and all that we can do is refrain from panicking at times of stress.

Patience does not mean feeling the same at both easy and difficult times. That is beyond us, and is not part of our nature. Having an easy time is better for us than having a difficult time. As the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said in his well-known du'a: "If You are not angry with me, then I do not care what happens to me, but still I would rather have Your blessings and favour." This does not contradict the hadith which says, "No-one has ever been given a better gift than patience," because that refers to after a test or trial has befallen a person. But ease is still better."

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:33 PM
The patience of a father at the loss of his son, the patience of a son over the absence of his father, the patience of a prisoner at the accusations of the people, the patience of a noble man in meeting in his loved ones again, the patience of a prophet in forgiving those who wronged him...

Let us not forget the best example of patience...

http://www.angelfire.com/on/ummiby1/yusuf1.html

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Developing patience in being mindful of the company that you keep...

`Umar Ibn Al-khattab - "Mix With Those Who Have Patience For Their Hearts Are The Softest"

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
:sl: sis

i must say this is a wiked post :D im loving the idea of the weekly theme already..reallly gud idea :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

inshallah i'll be contributing too..wen i find sum suitable stuff related to the weekly topic!

once again great thread..u'll be gettin a rep from me :)

wasalam x

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
^ Jazaakillahu khayr ukhtee Sophia...I look forward for your posts...May Allaah reward you.

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
^^ aww jazakallah khayr.. may Allah (swt) reward u for all ur great efforts too.. coz they are brill :D

chand
07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Patience in Islam is one of the best and most valuable virtues of life. Through patience, a Muslim believes that an individual can grow closer to God and thus attain true peace. It is also stressed in Islam, that God is with those who are patient, more specifically during suffering.

Some of the verses about patience

"Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil.

"But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

"Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper." (3:200)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish." (11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah." (16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning." (40:55)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (41:35)

"Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy." (103:2-3)

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West. But it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day, And the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; To spend of your substance, out of love for Him, For your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; To be steadfast in prayer And give in charity; To fulfill the contracts which you have made; And to be firm and patient, in pain and adversity And throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing. Qur'an 2:177

Through every difficulty there is relief. Verily, through every difficulty there is relief. Qur'an 94:5-6

Through every difficulty, God promises, there will be found relief upon it's conclusion. Instead of wanting to skip challenging times, and avoid them, God is teaching that the way to the easing, is THROUGH, the difficulty. It takes Patient Perseverance, or enduring with a good spirit still in tact, in order to reap both the internal and external rewards of struggle.

The Muslim faith believes that without a good spirit while enduring, the struggle will not bear its full reward, thus, Patiently persevering, striving and going forward, despite the difficulty, is the pinnacle of behavior during challenging times.

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:56 PM
The Muslim faith believes that without a good spirit while enduring, the struggle will not bear its full reward, thus, Patiently persevering, striving and going forward, despite the difficulty, is the pinnacle of behavior during challenging times.
Jazaakillaahu khayr ukhtee Chand :-)

Star
07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
:sl:

some sayings on patience....

Mujâhid said: “Beautiful patience is patience without any panic.” ‘Amr ibn Qays said: “Beautiful patience means to be content with adversity and to surrender to the will of Allâh.”

Yûnus ibn Yazîd said: I asked Rabî‘ah ibn Abu ‘Abdur-Rahmân: “What is the ultimate of patience?” He said: “To be outwardly the same at the time of affliction as one was the day before it struck.” (This does not mean that a person does not or should not feel pain or anguish; patience in this instance means that one refrains from panicking and complaining.)

"Whoever tries to be patient, Allah will make him patient. And nobody can be given a better and greater gift than patience."(Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 24, No. 548)

Omar ibn Al Khattab said: "Whatever hardship befalls a believing servant, Allah will make an opening for him after it, and one hardship will be overcome by two eases." (Malik Muwatta Book 21, No. 21.1.6)

Commenting on the meaning of Sabrun Jamîl, i.e, beautiful patience, in the verse : "So be patient with a good (i.e, beautiful) patience." (Quran Ma'aarij 70:5) Qays ibn al-Hajjâj said: “The person who is suffering from some affliction should behave in such a way that nobody is able to distinguish him from others” (Ibn Qayyim)

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Jazaakillaahu khayr ukhtee Star :-)

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Omar ibn Al Khattab said: "Whatever hardship befalls a believing servant, Allah will make an opening for him after it, and one hardship will be overcome by two eases." (Malik Muwatta Book 21, No. 21.1.6)
Just beautiful...

Star
07-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Lyrics of a nasheed ‘ashkoo ila allah’ {I confide in allah} by mahmoud khidr

the translation is beautiful so i thougth id share with you guyz....

I confide to Allah the hardships ** And my tears flow
And I persevere with beautiful patience ** And how wise the fate of life is

And I submit what is difficult and stubborn ** To the curing of the unseen
And I submit what is difficult and stubborn ** To the curing of the unseen
Trusting and faithful in He.. ** ..whose mercies revive the hearts
Trusting and faithful in He.. ** ..whose mercies revive the hearts

And if his secret takes an honourable presence in his Servant he achieves enlightenment
And if his secret takes an honourable presence in his Servant he achieves enlightenment
..he bars the way in front of Time ** and stands in the face of Dangers
..he bars the way in front of Time ** and stands in the face of Dangers

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Just beautiful subhana'Allaah...

jazaakillaahu khayran

Lol ukhtee Star, that was a super fast translation *winks*
Hmm...if only we were as fast at doing cswk *winks*;D

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
:sl: sister, fund sumthing on patience..enjoy :D

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: Certain people of the Ansar asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them; then they again asked him and he gave them until all what he possessed was exhausted. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said,

"Whatever wealth I have, I will not withhold from you. Whosoever would be chaste and modest; Allah will keep him chaste and modest and whosoever would seek self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Abu Yahya Suhaib bin Sinan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".

[Muslim].

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying,

"Allah, the Glorious and Exalted said: `When I afflict my slave in his two dear things (i.e., his eyes), and he endures patiently, I shall compensate him for them with Jannah.".

[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Blindness is the greatest deprivation in the world and Allah grants its reward according to His Pleasure. For this reason patience in this case is highly meritorious. Its reward is Jannah provided the blind is enormously rich in Faith.

*~Sofia~*
07-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Abu Sa`id and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said:

"Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

i jus love this hadith..jus makes u go awwwwwwwwwwwww and :D bcoz Allah (swt) is just sooo merciful and just sooooo kind!

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah mentioned three types of patience:

1-Patience in performing what Allah made obligatory.

2- Patience in avoiding what Allah made unlawful.

3- Patience with hardships and calamities.

The first type of patience is when a person works constantly to fulfill obligations and to do righteous deeds. With that said, Allah (S.W.T) commands His servants in the Noble Qur'an what could be translated as,

“Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, so worship Him and be constant and patient in His worship.” (Verse 65) Surah Maryam.

Similarly, Allah (S.W.T.) says in the Noble Qur'an what could be translated as,

“And enjoin prayer on your family, and be patient in offering them.”
(Verse 132) Surah Taha.

The messengers of Allah needed great patience in order to fulfill their obligations of conveying the message and fixing the conditions of individuals and society. Without this patience, they could not succeed in their tasks. Therefore, Allah (S.W.T.) commanded to the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) in the Noble Qur'an, what could be translated as,

“Therefore be patient [O Muhammad] as did the Messengers of strong will.” (Verse 35) Surah Al-Ahqaf.

Likewise, patience is needed when dealing with Muslims and righteous people. Using patience, a person can fulfill his obligations toward people. Although they may harm you, you must use patience with them. Thus, Allah (S.W.T.) says in the Noble Qur'an what could be translated as,

“And keep yourself [O Muhammad] patiently with those who call on their Lord [your companions].”
(Verse 28) Surah Al-Kahf.

The prophet (S.A.W) said,

“It is better for you to mix yourself around people who may harm you, and to be patient with them, then it is to isolate yourself from them, and to not practice patience from their harm.”

Also, a Muslim who is fighting for the cause of Allah (S.W.T) needs much patience. Hence, Allah (S.W.T.) says in the Noble Qur'an what could be translated as,

“But if you remain patient and be pious, not the least harm will their cunning do to you.” (Verse 120) Surah Al-Imran.

The second type of patience is when a person abstains from prohibited acts and from evil. Abstaining from prohibited acts requires a great struggle against one's desires, and takes much patience in refraining from the evil influences of Satan among man and Satan among Jinn. Therefore, Allah (S.W.T.) will give great rewards on the Day of Judgment to those who patiently abstained from evil.

The Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) told us about the people who will receive a special reward:

“Seven are (the persons) whom Allah would give protection with His shade on the day when there would be no shade but His shade (i.e., on the Day of Judgment) and among them: a youth who grew up with the worship of Allah, …a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he rejected this offer by saying: I fear Allah….” {Imams Bukhari and Muslim}

Prophet Yusuf (S.A.W.) is another example of a person who abstained patiently from the evil lure of the wife of the King of Egypt. Prophet Yusuf chose incarceration for several years rather than committing an evil act.

The third type of patience is when a person practices patience during times of hardship without complaints. One must not complain because Allah (S.W.T.) predestines their hardship.

This is the fruit of believing in predestination. Predestination is one of the pillars of faith. Allah (S.W.T.) said in the Noble Qur'an what could be translated as,

“No calamity befalls, but with the leave (decision and Qadar (Divine Preordainment) of Allah.” (Verse 11) Surah At-Taghabun.

People who are trying to be patient during hardship should not just sit around and do nothing to help out their bad conditions. Instead, a Muslim must be patient, yet ease his hardship by all lawful means. There are some tools that Allah has made lawful for us to use to fight against hardship. Therefore, we should make use of these means to relieve ourselves from these hardships.

The believer knows that Allah (S.W.T.) predestined hardship for man by His Greater Wisdom. And Allah (S.W.T.) will reward the believer for his patience during hardship, by wiping out sins and lifting him up to higher levels of Paradise.

Allah (S.W.T.) says in the Noble Qur'an, what could be translated as,

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabireen (the patient). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: “Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return. And they are those who are blessed and they are those who receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones.” (Verses 155 to 157) Surah Al-Baqarah.

Also, the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said:

“How wonderful is the situation of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this is not the case with any one except a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him.”{Imaam Muslim}

In another hadith, the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said:

“Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn that his sins are removed for him.”
{Bukhari and Muslim}

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
A beautiful du'aa...

“I only complain of my distraction and anguish to Allâh.” (Yûsuf 12:86)

AmarFaisal
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
JazakAllah Sister

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
^ way'aaeeki ^

The next points are taken from a non-Muslim website although they can be applied to the life of a Muslim Inshaa'Allaah:

By being impatient you can:

Run the risk of always being dissatisfied, upset, and angry at yourself for your slow pace of growth and change.

Easily lose your control and fire off outbursts of anger, temper, and blame on those who are slow to change and grow.

Become a member of the ``throw away'' generation, discarding relationships, people, jobs, and school whenever things are not working out as quickly as you want them to.

Waste energy worrying about how slow things are changing instead of directing that energy toward the changes you desire.

Withdraw prematurely from a helping situation because you are not seeing an immediate pay off for your efforts.

Turn off the others in your life who want to support you, but whom you offend by accusing them (when change is slow) of ``not helping you enough.''

Sacrifice friendships and relationships prematurely because the other person is not changing as quickly or as thoroughly as you desire.

Ignore all of the positive gains you and others have made on the road to recovery and growth, only concentrating on what has not yet been accomplished.

Become pessimistic about life, seeing only the ``half empty cup'' rather than the ``half filled cup.''

Be in such a hurry that you neglect to count your blessings and see how far you have come.

Burn yourself out in the pursuit of your goals.

Lose the ability to reward or reinforce any level of success or attainment, discouraging yourself and others in the pursuit of recovery and growth.

Lose the ability to take a large goal and break it down into manageable increments.

Become overwhelmed by the large tasks ahead of you and lose the hope and motivation to keep on trying.

Star
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM

cn definately relate to this 1, and some others

format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Become pessimistic about life, seeing only the ``half empty cup'' rather than the ``half filled cup.''
Jazakillah khayr,

Uthman
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM

I really like this thread. :) I think the Mods should make it a 'sticky' seeing as it's an ongoing thread?

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
^Wayaa'eeki ukhtee^
Relating to something can sometimes be the first step in making a change...

Once again, this list is taken from a non-Muslim source, though true nonetheless:

Characteristics of the Impatient

agitated

ignored

frustrated

resentful

forgotten

anxious

burned out

misdirected

tense

over stressed

misunderstood

nervous

ill tempered

over responsible

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Wayaa'kum

Brother please add to it Inshaa'Allaah

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Some common statements used by impatient people...

I should be able to do this faster and better than what I am.

They should understand me the first time and not need me to repeat myself.

Why should it take so long and so much effort to change and grow?

I have so much to accomplish I'll never be able to do it all.

There is no way that I can ever be helped to change. I am an impossible case.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Why is it that everyone I come in contact with chooses the wrong way?

Why can't they change quicker than what they are?

All people should be as excited about the desire to grow and change as I am.

If I can change and grow, you should be equally changing and growing.

I want this done yesterday.

It makes no difference how far along I am if I have not accomplished my target goals.

I can't stand such things as diets, counseling, physical therapy, allergy desensitization, and orthodontics; they all take too long before results are visible.

I would rather get a job now than go through four years of college. That way I can make more money in my lifetime.

I am trying to change, but you keep on falling back into your old habits; that must mean you aren't trying as hard as I am.

Every time I have a setback or a relapse I get mad at myself for taking so long to grow and change.

I can't stand things being out of order. It makes me nervous and upset with such disarray.

I must be perfect so you must be perfect; if we are not, it must be because we don't want it to work out.

There I go again, falling back into my old habits just when I thought I had them licked. This isn't the way it is supposed to be.

I could never accomplish my goal of growth and change, so there is no use in even getting started.

Sometimes, we all lack patience, or exercise a little bit of impatience. So it is important to distinguish between someone who is impatient and someone who can show impatience.

The three steps to combat negative traits...

1. Acknowledge (the trait)...... 2. Identify (what, who, how, why, when stages. Find the cause of the trait) ..... 3. Change...... (overcome the trait step-by-step)

Though this needs a great deal of patience!

Uthman
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Brother please add to it Inshaa'Allaah
Will try to Inshaa'Allah.

*~Sofia~*
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
The Virtues of Patience

Imâm Ahmad (d.241H) said:

“Allâh has mentioned sabr (patient perseverance) in over ninety places in His Book.” [2]

And there occurs in the authentic hadîth:

“Sabr (patient perseverance) is light.” [3]

The Prophet sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam also said:

“No one has been given anything more excellent and more comprehensive than sabr.” [4]

’Umar - radiallâhu ’anhu - said:

“We considered the best part of our lives to be that in which there was sabr.” [5]

’Alî - radiallâhu ’anhu - said:

“Indeed sabr is from îmân (faith). Its position is like that of the head with respect to the rest of the body.” Then he raised his voice and said: “Verily, there is no îmân (faith) for the one who has no sabr.”

*~Sofia~*
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
A good site, which has info on the excellence of patience... ENJOY! :)

http://abdurrahman.org/character/patience_fowzaan.pdf

*~Sofia~*
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
As-Safar said: “Abû Bakr fell ill, so some people visited him and asked whether they should call a doctor for him. He said,‘The Doctor has already seen me.’ They asked, ‘What did he say?’ Abû Bakr said, ‘He said, “I do what I want”.’ ” (Meaning, that Allâh is his “Doctor” and can make him sick or healthy as He wills) (Ahmad). ‘Umar ibn al-Khattâb (RA) said:

“The best days we ever lived were by virtue of patience, and if patience were to take the shape of a man, he would be a noble and generous man.”

‘Alî ibn Abî Tâlib (RA) said:

“The relation of patience to îmân is like the relation of the head to the body. If the head is chopped off, the body becomes useless.” Then he raised his voice and said: “Certainly, the one who has no patience has no îmân, and patience is like a riding-beast that nevers gets tired.”

*~Sofia~*
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Patience is one of the most important qualities demanded of those who claim to love Allâh, as the degree of patience determines those who are sincere in their claim and those who are not. The degree of patience needed to endure hardship and difficulties in order to please the Beloved proves the sincerity of one’s love.

Many claim to love Allâh, but when Allâh tests them with hardship, they forget the true essence of love. No-one can adhere to the love of Allâh except those who are patient and persevering (as-sâbirûn).

If it were not for the test of hardship and sincerity, there would be no proof of the sincerity of a person’s love of Allâh. The one whose love of Allâh is greater, has a greater degree of patience.

Therefore, Allâh has attributed the quality of patience to His close friends (awliyâ) and most beloved. He said about His beloved slave Ayyûb (AS):

“…Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! Ever did he turn (to Us)!” (Sâd 38:44)

Allâh instructed the most beloved to Him of everything He created to have patience in accepting His decree and told him that patience comes only by the help of Allâh.

He praised those who have patience and promised them the best of rewards: the rewards of others are defined and limited, but the reward of as-sâbirûn is without measure. Patience is vital at all levels of Islâm, îmân and ihsân, as well as being a major element in îmân (faith) and tawakkul (putting one’s trust in Allâh).

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Jazaakillaahu khayr ukhtee Sofia for sharing those reminders. May Allaah reward you.

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
A nice reminder Inshaa'Allaah..

In Soorah Balad, Allaah teaches us about the mountain pass that must be climbed in our lives. And this is how Allaah wants us to overcome this mountain pass - hard and strong!

Allaah explains it:

"11. But he has made no effort to pass on the path that is steep (The mountain pass)

12. And what will make you know the path that is steep?

13. (It is) Freeing a neck (slave, etc.)

14. Or giving food in a day of hunger (famine),

15. To an orphan near of kin.

16. Or to a Miskeen (poor) afflicted with misery.

17. Then he became one of those who believed, and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion.

18. They are those on the Right Hand (the dwellers of Paradise)...."

Soorah Balad (90/11-18)

May Allaah help us to overcome the steep mountains of our life with patience and perseverance-aameen.

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 10:58 PM
SIZE="3"]

One of the things a person in calamity may not realise is that although in the thick and climax of it all, the end may seem very far, what they are suffering is the worst they will EVER have to endure.

You have to believe, that this is the highest mountain you will ever have to climb in this situation. There is no mountain greater, no path steeper, no difficulty superior than the one that you’re in.

It’s a hard concept to articulate but in any given situation, there will be a trough and crest of the challenge. The only example I could think of, and forgive me for its inadequacies, was that of a player on a games console.

The game has 8 levels, with level one being the easiest and level eight being the most difficult.

Level one is the trough of the challenge. Each player can surpass it, go well beyond it without too much difficulty.

Level eight however, is the peak, the highest crest, the pinnacle of the challenge. He knows that there is no difficulty greater than this, no level to defeat after this, no challenge to overcome ever again…

Yet he takes enjoyment in this, despite the difficulty, knowing that there is no pleasure greater than that of coming out of a trial successful…triumphant at the all the gains. And he remains patient and surrenders to the temptation and effort of trying again and again and yet again until indeed that challenge, that mountain pass is overcome, surpassed and transcended.

What else is left? You have surpassed O mother, father, brother, sister, daughter!

Remember, this is the highest mountain I will ever have to climb. This is as hard as it gets. If I can, (and I will Inshaa’Allaah) come out of this, then the rest is easy, with the help of Allaah.

For some, the challenge takes the hours of a game, for others a few weeks, yet for some the worst can be years…

Indeed Allaah tests those that He loves.

I know it’s easier said than done, but our actions have to stem from thoughts. It’s a thought process…and thoughts lead to words, to actions, to habits and Inshaa’Allaah to deep–rooted character.

1. Look to those below you and not to those above you.

2. See the cup as ‘half full’ rather than ‘half empty’

3. Regard this as the highest mountain you will ever have to climb.

4. Think win, win!

5. And taste the fruits of your patience Inshaa’Allaah!

This is the greatest pain…
The deepest wound…
The longest wait…
The hardest climb…
The farthest reach…

But it’s the highest mountain I will ever climb!

And I end with the words of the Most High:

“Verily after very hardship comes ease, Verily after every hardship comes ease.”

Star
07-25-2007, 11:05 PM
SIZE="3"]
You have to believe, that this is the highest mountain you will ever have to climb in this situation. There is no mountain greater, no path steeper, no difficulty superior than the one that you’re in.
Easier said than done, jazakillah khayr for posting,

highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE]Easier said than doneQUOTE]

I know, trust me, I know...but it has to start somewhere.

jazakillah khayr for posting,
Wayaaeeki :-)

highway_trekker
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Improving the quality of our statements hence attempting to overcome impatience Inshaa'Allaah:

I should be able to do this faster and better than what I am.
I am working as fast as I can giving it all my best.

They should understand me the first time and not need me to repeat myself.
Everybody understands at a different level.

Why should it take so long and so much effort to change and grow?
Why can't they change quicker than what they are?
Change and growth cannot be so without time. Change needs time.

I have so much to accomplish I'll never be able to do it all.
I will accomplish what I can in the time I have. And I will be optimistic about it.

There is no way that I can ever be helped to change. I am an impossible case.
Where there is a will, there is a way.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Why is it that everyone I come in contact with chooses the wrong way?
Everyone has their own way of doing things and sometimes that might not be the way I do things.

All people should be as excited about the desire to grow and change as I am. If I can change and grow, you should be equally changing and growing.
Some people do not wish to grow and change. They are comfortable where they are.

I want this done yesterday.
There is a time and place for everything. Whilst procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy, hastiness if from shaytaan.

It makes no difference how far along I am if I have not accomplished my target goals.
To get to the goal, you need to walk the path to it. See it as ‘half way there’ rather than ‘half way to go’.

I can't stand such things as diets, counselling, physical therapy, allergy desensitisation, and orthodontics; they all take too long before results are visible. I would rather get a job now than go through four years of college. That way I can make more money in my lifetime.
Without pain, there is no gain.

I am trying to change, but you keep on falling back into your old habits; that must mean you aren't trying as hard as I am. There I go again, falling back into my old habits just when I thought I had them licked. This isn't the way it is supposed to be.
You haven’t failed. You have just found a way that does not work.

Every time I have a setback or a relapse I get mad at myself for taking so long to grow and change.
There are pitfalls in life.

I can't stand things being out of order. It makes me nervous and upset with such disarray.
Abandon the trivial things in life, O brother!

I must be perfect so you must be perfect; if we are not, it must be because we don't want it to work out.
Only Allaah is perfect. Man was created imperfect.

I could never accomplish my goal of growth and change, so there is no use in even getting started.
We have to start somewhere, sometime, someplace…

highway_trekker
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Alhamdulillaah, today is Friday! The end of the week. The theme of this past week has been ‘patience’ as hard as it has been!

I think one of the key types of patience we need today, is as Ibn Qayyim mentioned, ‘having patience in obedience to Allaah.’ With Friday, come additional duties Inshaa’Allaah, such as the Sunnah of reciting Soorah al-Kahf [18].

Coincidently, Soorah Kahf has within it a story of patience. Here it is:

60. And (remember) when (Moosa) said to his boy-servant: "I will not give up (travelling) until I reach the junction of the two seas or (until) I spend years and years in travelling."
61. But when they reached the junction of the two seas, they forgot their fish, and it took its way through the sea as in a tunnel.
62. So when they had passed further on (beyond that fixed place), (Moosa) said to his boy-servant: "Bring us our morning meal; truly, we have suffered much fatigue in this, our journey."
63. He said:"Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock? I indeed forgot the fish, none but Shai’taan (Satan) made me forget to remember it. It took its course into the sea in a strange (way)!"
64. [Moosa)] said: "That is what we have been seeking." So they went back retracing their footsteps.
65. Then they found one of Our slaves, unto whom We had bestowed mercy from Us, and whom We had taught knowledge from Us.
66. (Moosa) said to him (Khidr) "May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allaah)?"
67. He (Khidr) said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me!
68. "And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?"
69. (Moosa) said: "If Allaah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught."
70. He (Khidr) said: "Then, if you follow me, ask me not about anything till I myself mention it to you."
71. So they both proceeded, till, when they embarked the ship, he (Khidr) scuttled it. (Moosa) said: "Have you scuttled it in order to drown its people? Verily, you have committed a thing "Imra" (a Munkar - evil, bad, dreadful thing)."
72. He (Khidr) said: "Did I not tell you, that you would not be able to have patience with me?"
73. [Moosa)] said: "Call me not to account for what I forgot, and be not hard upon me for my affair (with you)."
74. Then they both proceeded, till they met a boy, he (Khidr) killed him. (Moosa) said: "Have you killed an innocent person who had killed none? Verily, you have committed a thing "Nukra" (a great Munkar - prohibited, evil, dreadful thing)!"
75. (Khidr) said: "Did I not tell you that you can have no patience with me?"
76. [Moosa)] said: "If I ask you anything after this, keep me not in your company, you have received an excuse from me."
77. Then they both proceeded, till, when they came to the people of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused to entertain them. Then they found therein a wall about to collapse and he (Khidr) set it up straight. [Moosa)] said: If you had wished, surely, you could have taken wages for it!"
78. (Khidr) said: "This is the parting between me and you, I will tell you the interpretation of (those) things over which you were unable to hold patience.
79. "As for the ship, it belonged to Masaakeen (poor people) working in the sea. So I wished to make a defective damage in it, as there was a king after them who seized every ship by force.
80. "And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared lest he should oppress them by rebellion and disbelief.
81. "So we intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in righteousness and near to mercy.
82. "And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of those (things) over which you could not hold patience."

And here is the tafseer (Ibn Kathir):

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=18&tid=30547

At a personal level, this story teaches me that sometimes we do not understand why people do things. We cannot see the benefit, importance or significance. So in this situation, patience is almost impossible for us (or so we think). In other situations, we understand why people do things, but perhaps we do not agree that that is the best way of doing it-even though there is nothing wrong with it! And here, patience is also difficult. But ultimately, in any given situation, patience is the ultimatum, between make or break. And we can either make it, or break it.

If you have anything else on patience today, please post it up before the next theme.

-Theme End-

I won’t post anything over the weekend. It’s important, I think, to have some time to reflect, evaluate and plan ahead. Inshaa’Allaah, I will post up theme two: character building (as recommended by another member) from Monday onwards. Please add whatever you can to it so we can all benefit. I hope everybody has a safe and pleasant weekend.

I ask Allaah to give us all patience, especially in our hardest, lowest and loneliest hour. I also ask Allaah, to look after our amaanah for us and give them patience, support and courage to battle it through-aameen.

*~Sofia~*
07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Salam sister,

the next topic is character building rite? so what sort of stuff can i add?? like things such as al-adab etc?

lookin forward to posting things up for next week :D

lol

wasalam
x

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salam sister,

the next topic is character building rite? so what sort of stuff can i add?? like things such as al-adab etc?

lookin forward to posting things up for next week :D

lol

wasalam
x

Assalaamu-alaykum sister!

Yes go ahead, post up anything to do with character building or character itself...

Jazaakillaahu khayr

wassalaamu-alaykum

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Summer Holidays Week 2
Theme: Character Building

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 09:09 AM
From Abu Darda (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:

"There is nothing which is heavier upon the balance (i.e. on the Day of Judgment) than the good character." Reported by Ahmad (6/446 and 448)

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Characteristics of the Believers as mentioned in Soorah Muminoon:

1. Successful indeed are the believers.

2. Those who offer their Salaah (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness (khushoo)

3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allaah has forbidden).

4. And those who pay the Zakaat.

5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6. Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;

8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanaat (all the duties which Allaah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;

9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawaat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).

10. These are indeed the inheritors.

11. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.

[Soorah al-Muminun (23): 1-11]

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 01:58 PM

Good Character
By Imaam Al Bayhaqi in The Seventy Branches of Faith

This includes suppressing one’s anger, and being gentle and humble. Allah Most High has said: Surely, you are of tremendous nature, [68:4] and: Those who suppress their anger, and forgive other people – assuredly, Allah loves those who do good. [3:134]

Bukhari and Muslim relate that `Abdallah ibn `Amr, radhiallahu `anhu, said, "The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, was never immoderate or obscene. He used to say, ‘Among those who are most beloved to me are those who have the finest character.’"

They also narrate that `Aa’isha, radhiallahu `anha, said, "Never was the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, given the choice between two things without choosing the easier of them, as long as it entailed no sin. If it did entail sin, he was of all people the most remote from it. Never did he seek revenge for something done against himself; but when the sanctity of Allah was challenged, he would take vengeance for His sake alone."

The meaning of good character is the inclination of the soul towards gentle and praiseworthy acts. This may take place in one’s personal actions for Allah Most High, or in actions which involve other people. In the former case, the slave of Allah has an open and welcoming heart for His commandments and prohibitions, and does what He has imposed on him happily and easily, and abstains from the things which He has forbidden him with full contentment, and without the least dissatisfaction. He likes to perform optional good acts, and abstains from many permitted things for the sake of Allah Most High whenever he decides that to abstain in that way would be closer to perfect slavehood to Him. This he does with a contented heart, and without feeling any resentment or hardship. When he deals with other people, he is tolerant when claiming what is his right, and does not ask for anything which is not; but he discharges all the duties which he has towards others. When he falls ill or returns from a trip, and no-one visits him, or when he givse a greeting which is not returned, or when he is a guest but is not honoured, or intercedes but is not responded to, or does a good turn for which he is not thanked, or joins a group of people who do not make room for him to sit, or speaks and is not listened to, or asks permission of a friend to enter, and is not granted it, or proposes to a woman, and is not allowed to marry her, or ask for more time to repay a debt, but is not given more time, or asks for it to be reduced, but is not permitted this, and all similar cases, he does not grow angry, or seek to punish people, or feel within himself that he has been snubbed, or ignored; neither does he try to retaliate with the same treatment when able to do so, but instead tells himself that he does not mind any of these things, and responds to each one of them with something which is better, and closer to goodness and piety, and is more praiseworthy and pleasing. He remembers to carry out his duties to others just as he remembers their duties towards himself, so that when one of his Muslim brethren falls ill he visits him, if he is asked to intercede, he does so, if he is asked for a respite in repaying a debt he agrees, and if someone needs assistance he gives it, and if someone asks for favourable terms in a sale, he consents, all without looking to see how the other person had dealt with him in the past, and to find out how other people behave. Instead, he makes "what is better" the imam of his soul, and obeys it completely.

Good character may be something which a man is born with, or it may be acquired. However, it may only be acquired from someone who has it more firmly rooted in his nature than his own. It is well known that a man of sensible opinion can become even more sensible by keeping the company of intelligent and sensible people, and that a learned or a righteous man can learn even more by sitting with other people orf learning or righteousness; therefore it cannot be denied that a man of beautiful character may acquire an even more beautiful character by being with people whose characters are superior to his own.[/

*~Sofia~*
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM
:sl: :D

Good Manners and Form

Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar:

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's house, "said, 'I asked the Prophet 'Which deed is loved most by Allah?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"

The Prophet said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A man said to the Prophet, "Shall I participate in Jihad?" The Prophet said, "Are your parents living?" The man said, "Yes." the Prophet said, "Do Jihad for their benefit."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden you ( 1 ) to be undutiful to your mothers (2) to withhold (what you should give) or (3) demand (what you do not deserve), and (4) to bury your daughters alive. And Allah has disliked that (A) you talk too much about others ( B), ask too many questions (in religion), or (C) waste your property."

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man said to the Prophet , "Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

The Prophet passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya and was saying, "You are very shy, and I am afraid that might harm you." On that, Allah's Apostle said, "Leave him, for Haya is (a part) of Faith."

:w: :)

*~Sofia~*
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM

Exaltation of Modesty

`Imran bin Husain (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

"Shyness does not bring anything except good.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In a narration of Muslim: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "All of shyness is good.''

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Iman has sixty odd or seventy odd branches. The uppermost of all these is the Testimony of Faith: `La ilaha illallah' (there is no true god except Allah) while the least of them is the removal of harmful object from the road. And shyness is a branch of Iman.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was even shier than a virgin behind her veil. When he saw something which he disliked, we could perceive it on his face.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

:w: :)

highway_trekker
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Yahya ibn Muadh (rahimahullah) gathered the characteristics of the believers in one of his essays as follows:

ª It is to be full of modesty,
ª and to be harmless too.
ª To be full of goodness and not to be corrupt.
ª For the tongue to be truthful,
ª for the words to be little a
ª nd to be plentiful in good action.
ª To have little slip-ups and not to be excessive.
ª To be good to one's relatives, building closeness between them.
ª To be dignified
ª and grateful.
ª To be full of contentment if Allaah restricted some provision.
ª To be forbearing
ª and friendly to his brothers.
ª To be compassionate
ª and chaste.
ª Not to curse,
ª Or swear,
ª Or insult,
ª Or backbite,
ª nor to gossip.
ª Not to be hasty,
ª Or envious,
ª Or hateful,
ª Or arrogant
ª nor vain.
ª Not to lean towards worldliness,
ª nor to extend long hopes and wishes.
ª Not to sleep too much
ª nor to be absent-minded,
ª nor to show-off
ª nor be hypocritical.
ª Not to be selfish,
ª but to be soft
ª and cheerful,
ª not to be servile.
ª Loving for the sake of Allaah,
ª being pleased for His sake a
ª And being angry only for His sake.
ª His provision is taqwaa (reverential fear of Allaah).
ª His worries are what will happen to him in the Afterlife.
ª His friends remind him.
ª His beloved is His Protector and Master.
ª His struggle is for the Afterlife.

highway_trekker
07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
An excellent talk by Shaykh Adnan Abdul Qadir on Load Islam Homepage titled 'Good Character.'

http://www.load-islam.com/
(Arabic with English translation)

wassalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah

highway_trekker
07-31-2007, 11:26 PM

Characteristics of the Muslim
A Selection taken from the book ‘40 Hadeeth on the Islamic Personality’

1. A Muslim is SINCERE

From 'Umar ibn al-Khattâb (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"Actions are but by intentions and there is for every person only that which he intended. So he whose migration was for Allâh and His Messenger, then his migration was for Allâh and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to attain some worldly goal or to take a woman in marriage, then his migration was for that which he migrated."
Reported by al-Bukhari (English Translation Volume 1 Page 1 No. 1) and Muslim (Eng. Trans. Vol. 3, page 1056, no. 4692)

2. A Muslim is DISTINCT

From Ibn 'Umar (RAmaa) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"I have been sent before the Hour so that Allâh alone should be worshipped without any partner for Him, and my provision has been placed beneath the shade of my spear, and subservience and humiliation have been placed upon those who disobey my orders, and whoever imitates a people then he is one of them."
Reported by Ahmad (no. 5114) and others with hasan (good) isnaad (chain of narration).

3. A Muslim is GENTLE

From Abû Hurayrah (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"Indeed Allâh is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness."
Reported by Ibn Majah (no. 3688) and Ibn Hibaan (no. 549)

4. A Muslim is RESPONSIBLE

From 'Umar (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"Each of you is a guardian and is responsible for those whom he is in charge of. So the ruler is a guardian and is responsible for his subjects; a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for those under his care; a woman is a guardian of her husband's home and is responsible for those under her care; a servant is the guardian of his master's wealth and is responsible for that which he is entrusted with; and a man is the guardian of his father's wealth and is responsible fore what is under his care. So each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with."
Reported by al-Bukharee (Eng. Trans. 9/189/no.252) and Muslim (Eng. Trans. 3/1017/no.4496)

5. A Muslim is EFFECTIVE AT MAKING USE OF HIS TIME

From Ibn 'Abbaas (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"There are two blessings which many people lose: health and free time." Reported by al-Bukharee (Eng. Trans. 8/282/no.421)

6. A Muslim is HONEST AND TRUTHFUL IN ALL HIS AFFAIRS

"Three things are the sign of the hypocrite: when he speaks he tells lies, when he promises he breaks it and when he is trusted he proves to be dishonest."
Reported by al-Bukharee (Eng. Trans. 1/31/no.32) and Muslim (Eng. Trans. 1/40/no.112)

7. A Muslim is a MIRROR FOR HIS BROTHER

"The believer is a mirror for the believer, and the believer is the brother of the believer. He safeguards his property for him and defends him from behind."
Reported by al-Bukharee in al-Adabul Mufrad (no. 239), Aboo Dawood (Eng. Trans. 3/1370/no.4900) and others. Its chain of narration is hasan.

8. A Muslim LEAVES ALONE THAT WHICH DOES NOT CONCERN HIM

From Abû Hurayrah (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger said:
"From the perfection of a person's Islâm is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."
Reported by at-Tirmidhee (no.2318) and others

9. A Muslim MAKES ALL HIS ACTIONS FOR ALLAAH

From Abû Hurayrah (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger said:
"Whoever loves for Allâh and hates for Allâh, gives for Allâh and withholds for Allâh, then he has completed eemaan."
Reported by Ahmad and Tabarni and Aboo Dawood (Eng. Trans. Vol.3/p.1312/no.3664) and others, with chain of narration being hasan

10. A Muslim DOES NOT TAKE HIS SINS LIGHTLY

From Sahl ibn Sa'd (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"Beware of sins which are treated as being minor, just like a people who encamp in the centre of a valley, so someone brings a stick of firewood and someone else brings a stick until they are therefore able to bake their bread. Likewise sins which are treated as being minor and for which the person is taken to account will destroy him."
Reported by Ahmad (5/331) and others

11. A Muslim DOES NOT COMMIT OPPRESSION

From Jaabir ibn 'Abdullah (RA) who said that Allâh's Messenger (SAW) said:
"Beware of committing oppression for on the Day of Resurrection oppression will be darkness, and beware of avarice for avarice destroyed those who came before you, it led them into shedding blood and into making lawful that which was forbidden for them."
Reported by Muslim (Eng. Trans. 4/1366/no.6248)

Wassalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah

Star
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
An excellent talk by Shaykh Adnan Abdul Qadir
http://www.load-islam.com/
i've been listening to this talk for the past, 1hour and 20mins, and its still not finished, did you listen to the whole thing???

highway_trekker
07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Star
i've been listening to this talk for the past, 1hour and 20mins, and its still not finished, did you listen to the whole thing???
Mashaa'Allaah :D Pause it and remember where you stopped. Do it in bits.

No, I have not finished it either...but on the basis on what I have heard so far and the recommendations of others.... it is very good. He is generally an excellent speaker, from Kuwait (I think). He recently did a seminar 'In pursuit of Happiness' in Birmingham in which he covered how Islaam is an anti-depressant :happy: *brings back memories*

wassalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah

highway_trekker
08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
The company you keep influences your character...

Humans have always been social creatures and in need of friends and companions. A good part of our lives is spent in interaction with others. For Muslims like us who are living in a society where we are clearly a minority, the issue of choosing the right companions is essential for preserving our Deen. Befriending righteous and virtuous Muslims is a necessary means for staying on the Straight Path.

In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [reported by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhee].

Mixing with followers of any way other than that of the Guidance results in a change in one's behaviour, morals and conduct. If we accompany such friends, then we inherit their habits, behaviour and perhaps even their religion. Such a Muslim would find himself in a situation where he is willing to hide his or her Islam in front of those who despise it (those whom he considers as friends) and to separate from the believers. When this situation occurs, a point is reached when there is a very slight difference between the Muslim and his wrong-doing companion. Many times a Muslim is encouraged by his friends to do evil and to forget his duties. The result is that Muslims themselves are often ashamed to leave them to perform prayer, their friends thus causing them to clearly deviate from the Right Path.

Instead of making friends with the misguided ones we should befriend the righteous but still treat everyone else in a gracious and just manner.

In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [Bukhari & Muslim]

In his commentary of this Hadith, Imam an-Nawawi said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) compared a good companion to a seller of musk and spoke of the virtue of having companions who are good, who have noble manners, piety, knowledge and good culture. Such are those who grant us from their virtue. And he (peace be upon him) forbade us to sit with those who do evil, commit a lot of sins and other bad deeds, as well as with innovators, backbiters, and so forth. Another scholar said: "Keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that."

Allah the Exalted says in the Qur'an: "And (remember) the Day when the wrong-doer will bite his hands and say: Woe to me! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Woe to me! If only I had not taken so- and-so as a friend! He has led me astray from this Reminder (the Qur'an) after it had come to me." [25:27-29].

He also says: "Friends on that Day will be enemies one to another, except al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have Taqwah)." [43:67]

In two authentic narrations of the Prophet (peace be upon him) we were commanded to keep company with a believer only, and told that a person will be with those he loves. So if we love and associate ourselves with those who are misguided, we should fear for our fate. The wise person is the one who prepares himself for the Hereafter, not the one who neglects his faith and falls into the trap of Satan who tells him that he will be forgiven and that he can do whatever he wishes. If we truly believe that the best speech is the Speech of Allah and that the best guidance is the guidance of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), we should act in accordance with them, lest we build a proof against ourselves.

From another perspective, a “believer is the mirror of his brother,” and if he sees any faults in the other believer, he draws his attention to it in an acceptable manner, helps him to give it up and to wipe away any evil that he may have.

We ask Allah to make us of the righteous ones and give us companions who will take us away from His wrath and lead us to His pleasure and Paradise.

Summary of Islam & The Concept of Friendship by Br. Isa Al-Bosnee at www.islaam.com

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Theme End

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Summer Holidays Week 3
Theme: Brotherhood

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Assalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Allaah mentions brotherhood in the Qur'aan:

"And hold fast, all of you together to the Rope of Allah and be not divided among yourselves and remember Allah's favor on you, for you were enemies one to another, but He joined your hearts together so that by His Grace you became brethren." Soorah 3:Verse 103

"And He has united their hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts. But Allah has united them: Certainly, He is All-Mighty, All-Wise." Soorah 8:Verse 63

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 09:17 AM
"O my son! Be the companion of he whom, should you serve him, he protects you; should you befriend him, he holds you is esteem; and should you fall into difficulty he helps you. Be the companion of he whom, should you extend your hand out in goodness, he extends his; should he witness one of your good deeds, he remembers it; and should he witness one of your bad deeds, he stops it. Be the companion of he whom, should you ask him, he gives you; should you become quiet, he takes the initiative; and should a calamity befall you, he comforts you. Be the companion of he whom, should you speak, he believes you and should you disagree with him on something, he desists in your favor."

The advice of one of the tabi'een to his son

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
The Manners of Companionship
by Shaykh Badrud-Dîn al-Ghazzî (d. 984 AH / n/a CE)

Translated by Yahya Adel Ibrahîm

Know O pious brother - may Allâh make our affairs good - that the manners of companionship and good relationships are of various types, of which I will explain, such as will show the person of intellect the manners of the Believers and the Pious; and come to know that Allâh the Most Perfect, the Most High has made them a mercy and helpers towards each other, which is why the Messenger of Allâh sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam said,

“The example of the Believers, in their mutual love and mercy is like the example of a body, if one part feels pain, then all of the body suffers in sleeplessness and fever.” [3]

And he ’alayhis-salâm said,

“The Believer to the Believer is like a solid building, one part supporting the other.” [4]

The Prophet ’alayhis-salâm also said,

“The souls are arrayed armies, so those who knew each one another before, will be friendly … ” [5]

So if Allâh intends good for His servants, He grants them companionship of the people of the Sunnah, righteousness and adherence to the Religion.; and keeps him free from the companionship of the people of innovations. The Prophet ’alayhis-salâm said,

“A person is upon the religion of his friend, so let every one of you look to whom he keeps as a friend.” [6]

‘About a person, do not ask, but ask about his companion; Since every companion follows his friends.’

From the manners of companionship:

Good Manners

Good manners with the brothers, peers and companions, following the Messenger of Allâh sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam as he said, when it was said to him, What is the best of what a person is given? So he replied, “ Good manners.” [7 ]

Making One’s Opinion Good

From the manners of companionship is behaving well regarding the faults that he sees of his companions,since Ibn Mâzin said,

“The Believer seeks excuses for his brothers, whilst the hypocrite seeks out their faults.”

And Hamdûn al-Qassâr said,

“If one of your brothers commits an error, then seek ninety excuses for him, and if not, then you are the blameworthy one.”

Companionship with the Believers

To keep companionship with one whose Religion you trust and who is trustworthy, both inwardly and outwardly. Allâh - the Most High - says,

“You will not find anyone who believes in Allâh and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allâh and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers, sons, brothers or their relatives. For such He has written îmân (faith) in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit (proofs, light and guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them into gardens underneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. Allâh is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him. They are the Party of Allâh, indeed it is the Party of Allâh that will be successful.” [8]

Forms of Companionship

For the Shaykhs and elders: with respect to service and to carry out their needs. For those of the same peer group and those of the ‘middle rank’: with sincere advice, giving what you have and being prepared to carry out their wishes. For the students and younger ones: by guidance, teaching of manners, carrying out what knowledge demands, guidance to the manners of the Sunnah, rulings concerning the matters of the heart, and to guide them to develop good manners.

Overlooking Mistakes

From the manners of companionship is overlooking mistakes of the brothers and not reprimanding them. So al-Fudayl Ibn ’Iyâd (d.187H) said,

“Chivalry is to overlook the mistakes of the brothers.”

Ibnul-A’râbî (d.231H) said,

“Forgetting the harms caused by the brothers, causes you love of them to persist.”

So it is binding upon the Believer, that he avoids seekers of this world, since they will bring him down to the level of seeking it, and this will distance him from his salvation and it will distance him from remaining alert and being aware of it. Rather, he must strive hard in attaining the companionship of the good and the seekers of the Hereafter. Therefore, Dhun-Nûn (d.245H) said to the one whom he advised,

“Accompany the one whom you will be safe from outwardly, and whom - when you see him - it helps you in doing good and reminds you of your Lord.”

Agreement with the Brothers

And from them is: not to differ much with the brothers, but continue agreeing with the brothers in those things allowed by knowledge and the Sharî’ah. Abû ’Uthmân said, “Agreeing with the brothers is better than showing compassion for them.”

Leaving of Envy

That he does not envy the signs of Allâh’s bounty upon them. Rather, he should be happy for that and praise Allâh for it, just as he would praise Allâh if it were seen upon him. Allâh - the Most High - censures the envious one:

“Or do they envy men for what Allâh has given them from His bounty.”
[9]

The Prophet sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam said, “Do not envy one another.” [10]

To Keep a Feeling of Modesty

That he has hayâ‘ (modesty and shame) at all times, as he - ’alayhis-salâm - said,

“Imaan (faith) has sixty or seventy odd branches, the most excellent of them is witnessing that none has the right to be worshipped besides Allâh, and the lowest branch is removing something harmful from the road, and hayâ‘ is from îmân.” [11]

He - ’alayhis-salâm - also said,

“Hayâ‘ is from îmân, and îmân is from Paradise. Speaking obscenely is from coarseness and coarseness is from the Fire.” [12]

Companionship of the Dignified

To accompany the one who he has a feeling of respect for, so that this prevents from acting contrary to the Sharî’ah. ’Alî radiallâhu ’anhu said,
“Enliven your feeling of hayâ‘ (shame), by sitting before those whom you feel shame.”

Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (d.241H) - rahimahullâh - said,

“I have not been led into calamity except by accompanying those before whom I do not feel shame.”

Showing Happiness

To have cheerfulness of the face, kindness of the tongue, largeness of the heart, outspreading the hands, withholding anger, leaving off pride, keeping people’s honour in mind and showing happiness at their companionship and brotherhood.

Companionship of the Wise Scholar

From good companionship is that he does not accompany except a Scholar, of a person who is mild, intelligent and has knowledge. Dhun-Nûn - rahimahullâh - said,

“Allâh has not disrobed any one of His servants or a robe better than intellect, and has not adorned him with a necklace better than knowledge, nor adorned him with anything better than mildness. And the completeness of that is taqwâ (fear of Allâh).”

Giving Sincere Advice

Having a clean heart with regards to the brothers and advising them, as Allâh - the Most High - said:

“Except he who comes to Allâh with a clean heart.” [13]

Sarî as-Saqatî (d.257H) - rahimahullâh - said,

“One of the best manners of righteousness is having a good heart as regards the brothers and to give them sincere advice.”

Not Breaking Promises

Since this is from hypocrisy, and he - ’alayhis-salâtu was-salâm - said,

“The signs of the hypocrite are three: When he speaks he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it and when he is entrusted he acts deceptively.” [14]

Sufyân ath-Thawrî (d.164H) - rahimahullâh - said,

“Do not make a promise to your brother and then break it, so that love turns to hate.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

1. He is the muftî and faqîh, Abul-Barakât Badrud-Dîn al-Ghazzî. For his biography, refer to Shadharâtudh-Dhahab (8/403-406) of Ibnul-’Imâd and al-A’lâm (7/59) of az-Ziriklî.
2. From آdâbul-’Ishrah wa Dhikrus-Suhbah wal-Ukhuwwah (p. 9-20) with the checking and authentication of hadîth based upon that of Shaykh ’Alî Hasan al-Halabî and also Shaykh Mashhûr Hasan Salmân.

3. Related by al-Bukhârî (no. 6011) and Muslim (no. 2586), from an-Nu’mân Ibn Bashîr radiallâhu ’anhu.

4. Related by al-Bukhârî (no. 481) and Muslim (no. 2585), from Abû Mûsâ al-Ash’arî radiallâhu ’anhu.

5. Sahîh: Related by al-Bukhârî (6/369) with ta’lîq (suspension), from ’آ‘ishah radiallâhu ’anhâ. It was connected by Abû Ya’lâ in al-Musnad (no. 4381) with an isnâd whose narrators are from as-Sahîh - as occurs in al-Majma’ (8/88) of al-Haythamî.

6. Hasan: Related by Ahmad (2/303), Abû Dâwûd (no. 4812) and at-Tirmidhî (no. 2484), from Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu ’anhu. It was authenticated by Imâm an-Nawawî in Riyâdus-Sâlihîn (no. 174).

7. Sahîh: Related by Wakî’ in az-Zuhd (no. 423), Ibn Hibbân (1/427) and at-Tabarânî in al-Kabîr (1/147), from Usâmah Ibn Sharîk radiallâhu ’anhu. It was authenticated by al-Hâfidh al-’Irâqî in Takhrîjul-Ihyâ‘ (2/157).

8. Sûratul-Mujâdilah 58:22

9. Sûratun-Nisâ‘ 4:94

10. Sûratush-Shu’arâ 26:89

11. Related by al-Bukhârî (10/484) and Muslim (no. 2564), from Abû Hurayrah radiyallâhu ’anhu.

12. Related by al-Bukhârî (1/44) and Muslim (1/46) .

13. Sahîh: Related by Ahmad (2/501) and at-Tirmidhî (no. 2077) with a sahîh isnâd, from Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu ’anhu.

14. Related by al-Bukhârî (5/289) and Muslim (1/76)

chand
08-06-2007, 03:14 PM
This is a nasheed that i really like and i hope its relevant to this weeks theme.
(I hope the link works)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mihGXzJNdU0

Star
08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chand
This is a nasheed that i really like and i hope its relevant to this weeks theme.
(I hope the link works)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mihGXzJNdU0
{link works}

it's a nyc nasheed, jazakillah kahyr for posting it up

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone have the link to Ahmed Bukhatir's nasheed, 'Yaa Akhee?' Would be nice to post up as well! Shukran ukhtee Chand for your contribution.

Star
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Companionship with the Believers

To keep companionship with one whose Religion you trust and who is trustworthy, both inwardly and outwardly. Allâh - the Most High - says,

“You will not find anyone who believes in Allâh and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allâh and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers, sons, brothers or their relatives.
u no this bit, does it refer to those who openly reject islam, or can it also apply to those who are musilms, yet they do not practice the islamic way of life, rather they chose to live their life as the kuffar do.

chand
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
ive got the youtube one..if you want it..its below..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kepma2ksX18

Star
08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Does anyone have the link to Ahmed Bukhatir's nasheed, 'Yaa Akhee?' Would be nice to post up as well!
do u want a downloading link or just 1 to view/listen to the nasheed ???

chand
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Forgot to write the second message/link is the ahmed bukhatir one

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 03:38 PM
u no this bit, does it refer to those who openly reject islam, or can it also apply to those who are musilms, yet they do not practice the islamic way of life, rather they chose to live their life as the kuffar do.

It refers to the non-Muslims, except for reasons of Dawah, trade etc.

but yes you are right, there are many 'Muslims' whose practises may not differ from those of non-Muslims, though this does not make them disbelievers but it does make them sinners.

I would not become too close to someone who in weak with regards to their deen in protection of mine. But this does not mean that you cannot speak to them as sometimes they are your mothers, fathers, family, neighbours etc. Instead, you fulfil their rights, continue giving them Dawah as best you can and refrain from becoming close to them in hope of friendship...as a man's company is a mirror to his own self.

Some people take non-Muslims as their protectors and trust them with their properties, wealth, families and even lives.

Allaah knows best.

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chand
ive got the youtube one..if you want it..its below..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kepma2ksX18
Jazaakillahu khayr ukhtee. This is fine :)

Star
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
...as a man's company is a mirror to his own self.
thats what we're taught, it's not neccessarily true

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
thats what we're taught, it's not neccessarily true
It depends what you regard as a companion...for me a companion is someone you are very close to.

If it is just a friend, or someone you know, or someone you're obliged to be okay with. then yes...its not true that their character is a mirror to our own. Like in a school for example, you may have class mates...they are not necessarily a mirror to your character.

But someone you are close to...its generally because you have many similarities, your goals, your way of life, your desires, the things you love, the things you refrain from doing, you remind each other, support one another, and generally act as a mirror for one another. Then you share your wealth, your property, the things that you love etc. This is someone you love for the Sake of Allaah and who loves you for the same reason.

It could be someone of your own age, or an orphan, or a child...in all cases, that companionship is based on Allaah's love.

In the case of an adult with righteous character, the child could mirror that character. :)

In the case of a child, the adult could earn reward for helping that child to build good character, like a mother and her daughter :)

Star
08-06-2007, 03:57 PM
If it is just a friend, or someone you know, or someone you're obliged to be okay with. then yes...its not true that their character is a mirror to our own. Like in a school for example, you may have class mates...they are not necessarily a mirror to your character.
this was the situation i was thinking off, my friends and i are quite different form one another, dont wanna offend them or anything, but i waould hate to think that they reflect the kind of person i wam, coz they sooo do not..

In the case of an adult with righteous character, the child could mirror that character. :)
In the case of a child, the adult could earn reward for helping that child to build good character, like a mother and her daughter :)
hmmm.. why does this seem familiar...^o)

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
this was the situation i was thinking off, my friends and i are quite different form one another, dont wanna offend them or anything, but i waould hate to think that they reflect the kind of person i wam, coz they sooo do not..
hmmm.. why does this seem familiar...^o)
*smiles*

chand
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
"Brotherhood in Islam"

The importance of brotherhood in Islam cannot be over stressed. There are many hadiths relating to the fact the Muslims are a single united body, each part responsible for the other. Accordingly if one of the parts is injured or hurt then the rest of the body immediately feels that pain and is certainly uncomfortable at the situation until it is rectified without delay. The brotherhood of Muslims is a very deep and wide concept that guarantees the safety and well being of the Society at large. Islam being a complete way of life is primarily for the society, it promotes a healthy and a well-disciplined life style in every sense of the word.

It is forbidden, for example, for two Muslims to start a whispering conversation in the presence of the third. This might offend the one left out and weaken the Brotherhood. It is not permissible for a Muslim to sever relations with his brother for more than three days.

"It is sufficient evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother. The life, wealth, and honor of a Muslim are inviolable by another Muslim"
[Sahih Muslim].

Brotherhood is synonymous with Islam. It is a force for good, a purveyor of peace and justice for everyone. It provides stability in a quarrelsome world. To the downtrodden and oppressed everywhere in the past, it provided freedom. When it was powerful, it even saved the Jews and Christians in Palestine and Spain from each other.

Muslims are not allowed to kill the women and children of their enemies even in war. How could we support the killing of our own women and children? A Muslim is not really a believer if he eats his full while ignoring the plight of a hungry neighbor. How could a believer then participate in economic sanctions designed to starve his own people to death?
When giving commands regarding the Islamic Brotherhood, the Quran uses a beautiful style with a profound message.

“But when you enter the houses, greet one another with a greeting from Allâh (i.e. say: As-Salâmu 'Alaikum - peace be on you) blessed and good. Thus Allâh makes clear the Ayât (these Verses or your religious symbols and signs, etc.) to you that you may understand.”
[Surah An Nur Ayah 61].
“O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zâlimûn (wrong-doers, etc.).”
[Surah Al-Hujarat Ayah 11].

“O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allâh is Most Merciful to you.”
[Surah An-Nisaa Ayah 29].

The message is clear: Whatever is happening to others in the Brotherhood, is actually happening to yourself. Any aggression against any part of the Brotherhood is an aggression against all of it. (collected from internet)

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Hadeeth 35 : The Brotherhood of Islaam
by Imâm an-Nawawî
(d. 676 AH / 1299 CE)

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه ، قال : قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم : ( لا تحاسدوا ، ولا تناجشوا ، ولا تباغضوا ، ولا تدابروا ، ولا يبع بعضكم على بيع بعض ، وكونوا عباد الله إخوانا ، المسلم خو المسلم ، لا يظلمه ولا يخذله ، ولا يكذبه ، ولا يحقره ، التقوى ها هنا ) ويشير صلى الله عليه وسلم إلى صدره ثلاث مرات – ( بحسب امرىء أن يحقر أخاه المسلم ، كل المسلم على المسلم حرام : دمه وماله وعرضه ).
رواه مسلم [ رقم : 2564 ]

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (radiAllaahu anhu) who said : The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :

Do not envy one another, and do not inflate prices for one another, and do not hate one another, and do not turn away from one another, and do not undercut one another in trade, but [rather] be Slaves of Allaah and Brothers [amongst yourselves]. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim : he does not oppress him, nor does he fail him, nor does he lie to him, nor does he hold him in contempt. Taqwaa (Piety) is right here [and he pointed to his chest three times]. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. The whole of a Muslim is inviolable for another Muslim : his blood, his property, and his honour.
It was related by Muslim.

Explanation of Hadeeth Number 35

Regarding his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "Do not envy one another" : envy (al-Hasad) is the desire that a blessing is removed from someone else, and this is forbidden. And in another hadeeth "Do not have envy (Hasad), for verily envy eats away good deeds the way fire consumes firewood or grass". As for al-Ghibtah then it is the desire to obtain what another fortunate person possesses without wishing that he loses that blessing. And sometimes the word al-Hasad is used in the place of al-Ghibtah due to the proximity of meaning of the two, as in the statement of the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) : "There is to be no Hasad execpt in two cases ... ", meaning here "There is to be no Ghibtah except in two cases".

And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "do not inflate prices for one another" then the word used here in Arabic is 'najasha', and the origin of this word carries the meaning of cheating, deception and swindling. And the Arabs sometimes call a hunter a 'naajish' because he deceives and outsmarts the animal he hunts. And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "do not hate one another" means do not adopt the means that lead to hatred. This is because love and hate are matters of the heart, such that Mankind does not possess full ability to control them, nor are they able to bring about change in them. And this is as the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said [regarding the division of time he had made between his wives] : "Oh Allaah this division is what I have been able to do, so do not take me to account for that which you control, and over which I have no control", meaning by this his heart.

And "turning away" means enmity, and it has also been said that it means cutting off relations or boycotting. And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "and do not undercut one another in trade" is referring to the situation where a buyer has almost completed a contract with a seller, and during the final time of choice a second seller approaches him and says : "If you revoke this sale then I will sell to you the same thing or better than it for the same price". Or, if a buyer and seller have agreed upon a price and are pleased with it, and only the completion of the contract remains, and then a second seller offers to give more for the same price, or to give the same goods at a lower price, then this is forbidden as it occurs after agreement on the price has taken place and the buyer and seller have been pleased with it. However, if the second seller makes his offer before they are pleased with the price then this is not forbidden.

And the meaning of "but be you, O Servants of Allaah, Brothers" means deal with one another and live together amiably with brotherhood, and treat one another with love, kindness, compassion and courteousness, and help one another upon goodness, while always having a clear heart and offering sincere advice in all situations.

And regarding his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim : he does not oppress him, nor does he fail him, nor does he lie to him nor does he hold him in contempt" : to fail someone means to leave helping or aiding him, so if a Muslim were to seek ones help in defending himself from an oppressor or similar to that, then it is necessary to help him if one is able to, and one has no Shar'ee excuse for not doing so.

And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "nor does he hold him in contempt" means that he does not behave haughtily towards another Muslim, so as to belittle him.

And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "Taqwaa (Piety) is right here [and he pointed to his chest three times]" and in another narration "Verily Allaah does not look at your bodies nor at your appearances, but rather he looks at your hearts". This means that the apparent actions of the limbs do not, by themselves, attain for one Taqwaa. But rather Taqwaa is attained through what is in the heart of appreciating the Greatness of Allaah the Exalted, and having Fear of Him and having Recognition of Him, and knowing that the Sight of Allaah encompasses all things. And so the meaning of the hadeeth, and Allaah knows best, is the taking of the self to account, and the point of observation of all of this is by the heart.

And his (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) statement "It is enough evil for a man to hold his brother Muslim in contempt" contains a severe warning from doing so, since Allaah ta'aalaa did not look upon him in contempt when He created him, and nourished him, and then perfected his outward appearance, and then subdued whatever is in the Heavens and whatever is in the Earth for his sake. And even though He did this for others along with him, no doubt he has a share in it. Then after that, Allaah - subhaanahu - named him a Muslim and a Believer and a Slave, and his Command extended to the extent that he made the Messenger that He sent to him Muhammad (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam). So whoever treats with contempt a Muslim from amongst the Muslims, then he has treated with contempt one whom Allaah 'azza wa jall has granted greatness and nobility, and no doubt that is sufficient for him. And so from treating a Muslim with contempt is not to send the greeting of salaam upon him if he passes by him, and not to reply to his greeting of salaam if he begins with it. And it also includes not thinking that Allaah will enter him into Paradise or keep him safe from the Hellfire.

And as for the case of the Intelligent one who is resentful of (or is hostile to) the Foolish Ignorant one, or the Just and Honest one who is resentful of the Sinner, then this is not considered to be contempt of a Muslim. Rather, this is resent for the ignorance that is present in the Ignorant one, and the sinfulness that is present in the Sinner. So when this ignorance or sinfulness leaves that person, he returns to treating him well and raises his status in his estimation.

And Allaah knows best.

Summary :

That it is generally forbidden to be envious of one another, although other ahaadeeth specify that envy in certain [good] cases is allowed if we wish to be like them

That it is forbidden to raise prices to harm others, such as through hoarding or through trying to make unjust profit

That it is forbidden to turn away from being good to or helping one another

That it is forbidden to undercut one another in trade

That we must be brothers to one another, and true Brotherhood lies in being Allaah's Worshippers and Servants

That it is forbidden to oppress one another, or fail one another on purpose, or lie to one another, or to hold each other in contempt

That Taqwaa (Piety) is in the heart and hence the heart must be trained, purified and protected

That it is forbidden to violate the rights of another Muslim : to shed his blood [unlawfully], or physically hurt him, or to deprive him of what belong to him, or to cheat him

That it is forbidden to violate the honour of another Muslim

leader
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
jazakalllah sisters chand and highway_trekker for the post

xXxLeaderxXx

welcome_islam
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
And a story...

The Shipwreck

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island ....

He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him,and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions.

But then one day, after scavenging for food,he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened;everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"Allah, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
(Comment; Plenty of people use such statement --- think again you should never qestion Allah nor object to his willing)

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly.

But we shouldn't lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground--it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of Allah.

that is so true

highway_trekker
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
On love for our brothers and sisters...

Shaqeeq Ibn Ibraaheem said to Haatim...

"You have accompanied me for a long period of time - what have you learnt?"

Haatim replied, "Eight things:

The first:

I looked at the creation and found that everyone has someone or something they love.

But when they reach their graves, they are separated from their loved ones,

so I made my loved ones my good deeds so that they may be with me in my grave."

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 11:49 AM
omg, i will remember this story, it is so true

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters...

Brotherhood in the Words of Allah's Messenger (pbuh)

The perfect model of Islamic brotherhood can be constructed from the life, character, and words of the noble Messenger of Allah (pbuh):

In a hadeeth narrated by Tabarani, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:

"Those who sit nearer to me are the ones among you with the best manners, the humble who befriend and are befriended."

On another occasion the Prophet (pbuh) said:

"The believer is friendly and easy to befriend. And there is no good in the person who does not befriend and does not get befriended." (Musnad Imam Ahmad)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said in a Hadeeth Qudsi:

"Allah, the Exalted, says 'Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who visit each other for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who love one another for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who approach one another in humility for My Sake. And, indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones that rush to help one another for My Sake." (Musnad Imam Ahmad)

On one occasion Idrees al-Khawadani said to Mu`aadh ibn Jabal:

"I love you for the sake of Allah." Mu`aadh responded: "Behold! Then, behold again the good news! For I have heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) saying: 'On the Day of Judgment, seats will be placed around the Throne [of Allah] for a group of people whose faces resemble the full moon. These people shall not experience any fear or terror although all others will. They are the friends of Allah upon whom there shall be no fear and who shall not be sad. It was asked, 'Who are those people, O Messenger of Allah?' The Messenger (pbuh) replied, 'They are the ones who love one another for the sake of Allah, The Exalted.''"

These various sayings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) show that by fostering love for the sake of Allah and establishing ties of brotherhood among fellow Muslims, the believer may hope to attain the ultimate and unimaginable honor: the friendship and pleasure of Allah(S.W.T.) :D :D :D

source: http://www.ymsite.com

:w: :D

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 12:09 PM

The rights of brotherhood

Brotherhood is a responsibility; each brother has a right on the other. Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:

"Keep away from suspicion, for it is the most deceptive discourse. Do not attempt to probe, spy on, compete with, envy, or be hateful of one another, but be, O servants of Allah, brothers. The Muslim is the brother of his fellow Muslim: he does not oppress him, fail him, or scorn him. Taqwa is here [points to his heart].
It is wrong for a man to hold his Muslim brother in contempt. Everything pertaining to a Muslim is forbidden to another: his blood, his honor, and his wealth." (Muslim)

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Strengthening the Ties of Brotherhood

Here are some tips that may help deepen the bond of brotherhood...

1) Should you love a someone, tell them so.

2) When you meet one of your brothers or sisters, hasten to smile and shake hands with him/her.

3) If you take leave of a brother or sister, ask them to make du'aa' for you.

4) Visit your brother or sister often and on a regular basis.

5) When special occasions arise, congratulate your brother or sister and join him/her in rejoicing.

:sl: :)

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM

Some Benefits of Loving Your Brothers and sisters for the Sake of Allah

A Muslim can find delight and great benefit in loving his brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah(swt) as is clear from the following sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

The true believer savors faith by loving others for the sake of Allah(S.W.T.).

Three traits, if found in a person, allow him to taste the sweetness of faith; one trait is to love a person for nothing else but to please Allah(A.W.J.).

Allah surrounds the person who loves for His sake with His mercy and protects him from the great trials on the Day of Judgment.

Love for the sake of Allah(S.W.T.) brings joy and peace to the Muslim.

Brothers who love each for Allah have hearts overflowing with peace and tranquility and faces that shimmer with light and happiness.

Love for the sake of Allah is a trustworthy handhold of faith that never breaks; whoever clings to it is saved. Love for the sake of Allah is a sign of a perfect Deen and a pure heart and conscience. :D

source ----> http://www.ymsite.com

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Unity and brotherhood

As a yardstick and criterion in our lives, Islam has given us a clear definition of unity and brotherhood and how it can be realized and implemented.

The uniting factor is the `Aqeedah (creed) of Islam which defines the belief of a Muslim.

Unlike other bonds (nationalistic, patriotic, etc.) which are superficial, animalistic, reactive, emotional, and completely devoid of a real solution for life’s affairs, the intellectuality of the ideological bond of Islam unites man irrespective of their race, nationality, and other factors which are irrelevant when it comes to bonding on an ideological creed.

Allah in the Qur’an describes what is unity in Islam as the Mu’minoon (Believers; those that believe in Allah and His Messenger Muhammad) being united in a Brotherhood based on solely Islam:

“The Mu’minoon are but a single Brotherhood.” (The Holy Qur’an, 49:10)

Allah further defines this Brotherhood by explaining that Muslims are awliyyaa’ (allies, friends, supporters) of one another, and this again is based solely on Islam:

“The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin the ma`roof (all of Islam), and forbid the munkar (all that is evil; kufr): they observe regular prayers, pay Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.” (The Holy Qur’an, 9:71)

Muhammad (Saw) indicated in several Ahadith on unity and brotherhood as we can see in his (saws) Farewell Sermon (khuTbat ul-wadaa`):

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood.”

Other Ahadith further elaborate on the concept of unity and brotherhood:

"A Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. He does not oppress him, nor does he leave him at the mercy of others." (Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6219)

The Prophet (saw) said:

"None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." (Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12)

As the teachings of Islam clearly show us that Brotherhood and unity in Islam are based solely on the `Aqeedah of Islam (which is the foundation of Muslim belief).

The Mu’minoon are believers to one another and this belief has nothing to do with race or any other type of invalid reason to unite but is rather a bond based on an ideological belief in Islam.

source-------> http://brothermahdi.tripod.com/unity.html

highway_trekker
08-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Tafseer of the Hadeeth of Six Rights of every Muslim

Ash-Shaikh 'Abdur-Rahmaan As-Sa'dee's explanation of the hadeeth regarding the Muslim's rights Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said,

"The rights of the Muslim upon the Muslim are six." It was said, "And what are they Oh Messenger of Allaah?" He replied, "When you meet him, give him the greeting of peace, when he invites you, respond to his invitation, when he seeks your advice, advise him, when he sneezes and praises Allaah, supplicate for mercy upon him, when he becomes ills, visit him, and when he dies follow him (i.e. his funeral)."

This hadeeth was reported by Muslim.

These six rights, whoever establishes them in dealing with the Muslims, then his establishing things other than them (from the obligations) are even more important (or necessary). And his doing these things results in him fulfilling these obligations and rights, which contain an abundance of good and tremendous reward from Allaah.

The First Right:

"When you meet him, give him the greeting of peace." For verily the greeting of peace is a cause of love, which results in producing faith (Al-Eemaan), which results in the person entering the Paradise. This is as Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "By the o*ne in Whose Hand is my soul, you all will not enter into the Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love each other. Shall I not direct you to something that if you do it, you will love each other? Spread the greeting of peace amongst yourselves."

The greeting of peace is from the virtuous characteristics of Islaam. For verily each of the two people who meet each other supplicates for the other for safety from evils, and mercy, and blessing that brings about every good. And what follows this is a cheerful face and appropriate words of greeting which result in unity and love, and it removes feelings of estrangement and cold disassociation. Thus, giving the greeting of peace is the right of the Muslim, and it is obligatory upon the person who is greeted to return greeting with a similar greeting or o*ne that is better than it. And the best of the people are those who start the greeting of peace first.

The Second Right:

"When he invites you, respond to his invitation." This means that when he invites you with an invitation to some food and drink, then fulfill the request of your brother who has drawn near to you and honored you with the invitation. Respond to his invitation (i.e. accept it), unless you have an excuse.

The Third Right:

His statement, "And when he seeks your advice, advise him." This means that if he seeks consultation with you regarding some action, as to whether he should do it or not, then advise him with that which you would like for yourself. Thus, if the action is something that is beneficial in all aspects, then encourage him to do that, and if it is something harmful, then warn him against it. And if the action contains both benefit and harm, then explain that to him and weigh the benefits against the harms. Likewise, if he consults with you concerning some dealing with someone among the people, or whether he should marry a woman off to someone, or whether he should marry someone, then extend your pure and sincere advice to him, and deal with him from the view point of what you would do for you own self. And avoid deceiving him in any matter of these things. For verily whoever deceives the Muslims, then he is not of them, and indeed he has left off the obligation of being sincere and advising. And this sincerity and advising is absolutely obligatory, however it becomes more emphasized when the person seeks your advice and he requests from you that you give him a beneficial opinion. For this reason the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) specifically mentioned it in this important situation. The explanation of the hadeeth, "The religion is sincerity", has already been mentioned previously (in this book) in a manner that suffices without us having to repeat the discussion here.

The Fourth Right:

"And when he sneezes and praises Allaah, then pray for mercy upon him." This is due to the fact that sneezing is a favor from Allaah, in the expelling of this congested air that is blocked in certain parts of the body of the human being. Allaah makes it easy for this air to have a passage out where it can exit, and thus the sneezing person feels relief. Thus, the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) legislated that the person praise Allaah for this favor, and he legislated for his (Muslim) brother to say to him, "May Allaah have mercy upon you." He also commanded the person who sneezed to answer his (Muslim) brother by saying to him, "May Allaah guide you and set right your affairs." Therefore, whoever does not praise Allaah, then he does not deserve for others to pray for mercy upon him, and in this case he cannot blame anyone except himself. For he is the o*ne who has caused himself to lose the two blessings: the blessing of praising Allaah, and the blessing of his brother's supplication for him that is a result of the praising.

The Fifth Right:

His statement, "And when he becomes ill, visit him." Visiting the sick is from the rights of the Muslim, and especially for the person who has a highly stressed and emphasized right upon you, like the relative, and the friend, and so forth. It is from the best of the righteous deeds. And whoever visits his Muslim brother, he remains engulfed in the mercy (of Allaah), and when he sits with him the mercy (of Allaah) covers him. And whoever visits the sick Muslim at the beginning of the day, the Angels send prayers of blessing upon him until evening comes, and whoever visits him at the end of the day, the Angels send prayers of blessing upon him until morning comes. It is desired for the person who visits the sick to supplicate for him to be cured and to make him feel at ease. He should ease his worries by giving him glad tidings of well-being and recovery (i.e. be positive). He should remind him of repentance and turning to Allaah, and he should give him beneficial admonition. He should not sit with him too long (i.e. over staying his welcome), rather he should o*nly sit with him long enough fulfill the right of visiting, unless the sick person is positively effected by many people coming in to see him and many people coming to sit with him. Thus, for each situation there is a different statement (i.e. advice o*n how to deal with it).

The Sixth Right:

His statement, "And if he dies, follow him (his funeral)." For verily whoever follows the funeral until the deceased's body is prayed over, then he will receive a Qeeraat of reward. (Translator's note: A Qeeraat is an amount equivalent to the size of the Mountain of Uhud in Madinah.) And if he follows the funeral procession until the body is buried, then he will receive two Qeeraats of reward. And following the funeral procession contains (fulfillment of) a right for Allaah, a right for the deceased, and a right for the living relatives of the deceased.

Ash-Shaikh 'Abdur-Rahmaan bin Naasir As-Sa`dee (Rahimahullaah)

Source: Bahjatu Quloob il-Abraar wa Qurratu 'Uyoon il-Akhyaar fee Jaami' il-Akhbaar, pp. 65-67, hadeeth no. 29.[/SIZE]

Star
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
"You have accompanied me for a long period of time - what have you learnt?"

Haatim replied, "Eight things:

The first:

I looked at the creation and found that everyone has someone or something they love.

But when they reach their graves, they are separated from their loved ones,

so I made my loved ones my good deeds so that they may be with me in my grave."
hmm..this made me cry, i think i'm going soft:hmm:

jazakillah khayr for all the things u've posted

highway_trekker
08-07-2007, 02:44 PM
hmm..this made me cry, i think i'm going soft:hmm:

jazakillah khayr for all the things u've posted
Ukhtee, it made me cry too...so that is why...make the things you love-for Him only so that they will last forever....

May Allaah preserve all the things that I love...and all the things you love-aameen.

There is nothing wrong with crying :statisfie

Wayaaeeki, and please add what you can to it! :)

Star
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
so that is why...make the things you love-for Him only so that they will last forever....

Wayaaeeki, and please add what you can to it! :)
true i guess,

i'll add stuff to this thread if i have nethin worth adding, doubt i do tho,

*~Sofia~*
08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Salam sister Highway_trekker,

JazakhAllah for the rep :D

and yeh feel free to add nefing you like in my ramadhan thread.. any knowledge is always welcome :)

wasalam sister

x

highway_trekker
08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Some Ahadith on brotherhood...

"You find the Muslims in their mutual love and compassion, like one body, should any organ of it fall ill, the rest of the body will share in the fever and sleeplessness that ensues" (al-Bukhari)

"Those who help a Muslim in hardship in this world, will be protected by Allah from suffering hardship in the Hereafter....Allah will help his servants as long as they help their fellow Muslim brothers" (narrated by Muslim and Abu-Daud).

"Beware of suspicion for suspicion is the worst of false takers, and don't look for the faults of others and don't spy, and don't be jealous of one another; and O'Allah's worshippers ! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you)" (al-Bukhari).

"The supplication of a Muslim for his brother without his knowledge is an accepted supplication and will be rewarded by the presence of an angel at his side. Every time he Supplicates for his brother the angel will say: Amen and the same for you too" (Muslim).

"None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself" (al-Bukhari).

"If one of you defends the honour of his brother, Allah the Almighty, will keep the hellfire away from his face in the Hereafter." (Muslim).

"Do not end a friendship, do not turn your back, do not hate each other, and don't envy each other. As a servant of Allah, maintain brotherhood. Two Muslims may not remain on non speaking terms with each other for more than three days" (narrated by Malik).

leader
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
jazakallah for the post

highway_trekker
08-09-2007, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by leader
jazakallah for the post
Wayaa'eeki :)

Please add to it if you can...this week's theme is 'brotherhood in Islaam' :)

highway_trekker
08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
The stories of the Ansaar are the best examples of brotherhood...

Khalid ibn Zayd ibn Kulayb from the Banu Najjar was a great and close companion of the Prophet. He was known as Abu Ayyub (the father of Ayyub) and enjoyed a privilege which many of the Ansar in Madinah hoped they would have.

When the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allaah be on him, reached Madinah after his hijrah from Makkah, he was greeted with great enthusiasm by the Ansar of Madinah. Their hearts went out to him and their eyes followed him with devotion and love. They wanted to give him the most generous reception anyone could be given.

The Prophet first stopped at Quba on the outskirts of Madinah and stayed there for some days. The first thing he did was to build a mosque which is described in the Quran as the "mosque built on the foundation of piety (taqwa)". (Surah At-Tawhah 9: 1O8).

The Prophet entered Madinah on his camel. The chieftains of the city stood along his path, each one wishing to have the honor of the Prophet alighting and staying at his house. One after the other stood in the camel's way entreating, "Stay with us, O Rasulullah." "Leave the camel," the Prophet would say. "It is under command. "

The camel continued walking, closely followed by the eyes and hearts of the people of Yathrib. When it went past a house, its owner would feel sad and dejected and hope would rise in the hearts of others still on the route.

The camel continued in this fashion with the people following it until it hesitated at an open space in front of the house of Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. But the Prophet, upon whom be peace, did not get down. After only a short while, the camel set off again, the Prophet leaving its reins loose. Before long, however, it turned round, retraced its steps and stopped on the same spot as before. Abu Ayyub's heart was filled with happiness. He went out to the Prophet and greeted him with great enthusiasm. He took the Prophet's baggage in his arms and felt as if he was carrying the most precious treasure in the world.

Abu Ayyub's house had two stories. He emptied the upper floor of his and his family's possessions so that the Prophet could stay there. But the Prophet, peace be on him, preferred to stay on the lower floor.

Night came and the Prophet retired. Abu Ayyub went up to the upper floor. But when they had closed the door, Abu Ayyub turned to his wife and said:

"Woe to us! What have we done? The messenger of Allaah is below and we are higher than he! Can we walk on top of the messenger of Allaah? Do we come between him and the Revelation (Wahy)? If so, we are doomed."

The couple became very worried not knowing what to do. They only got some peace of mind when they moved to the side of the building which did not fall directly above the Prophet. They were careful also only to walk on the outer parts of the floor and avoid the middle.

In the morning, Abu Ayyub said to the Prophet: "By Allaah, we did not sleep a wink last night, neither myself nor Umm Ayyub." "

Why not, Abu Ayyub?" asked the Prophet.

Abu Ayyub explained how terrible they felt being above while the Prophet was below them and how they might have interrupted the Revelation.

"Don't worry, Abu Ayyub," said the Prophet. "We prefer the lower floor because of the many people coming to visit us."

"We submitted to the Prophet's wishes," Abu Ayyub related, "until one cold night a jar of ours broke and the water spilled on the upper floor. Umm Ayyub and I stared at the water We only had one piece of velvet which we used as a blanket. We used it to mop up the water out of fear that it would seep through to the Prophet. In the morning I went to him and said, 'I do not like to be above you,' and told him what had happened. He accepted my wish and we changed floors."

The Prophet stayed in Abu Ayyub's house for almost seven months until his mosque was completed on the open space where his camel had stopped. He moved to the roots which were built around the mosque for himself and his family. He thus became a neighbor of Abu Ayyub. What noble neighbor to have had!

Abu Ayyub continued to love the Prophet with all his heart end the Prophet also loved him dearly. There was no formality between them. The Prophet continued to regard Abu Ayyub's house as his own.

The following anecdote tells a great deal about the relationship between them.

Abu Bakr, may Allaah be pleased with him, once left his house in the burning heat of the midday sun and went to the mosque. Umar saw him and asked,

"Abu Bakr, what has brought you out at this hour?

Abu Bakr said he had left his house because he was terribly hungry and Umar said that he had left his house for the same reason.

The Prophet came up to them and asked, "What has brought the two of you out at this hour?"

They told him and he said, "By Him in Whose hands is my soul, only hunger has caused me to come out also. But come with me."

They went to the house of Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. His wife opened the door and said, "Welcome to the Prophet and whoever is with him."

"Where is Abu Ayyub?" asked the Prophet. Abu Ayyub, who was working in a nearby palm grove, heard the Prophet's voice and came hurriedly.

"Welcome to the Prophet and whoever is with him," he said and went on "O Prophet of Allaah, this is not the time that you usually come." (Abu Ayyub used to keep some food for the Prophet every day. When the Prophet did not come for it by a certain time, Abu Ayyub would give it to his family.)

"You are right," the Prophet agreed.

Abu Ayyub went out and cut a cluster of dates in which there were ripe and halfripe dates.

"I did not want you to eat this," said the Prophet. "Could you not have brought only the ripe dates?"

"O Rasulullah, please eat from both the ripe dates (rutb) and the half ripe (busr). I shall slaughter an animal for you also. "

"If you are going to, then do not kill one that gives milk," cautioned the Prophet.

Abu Ayyub killed a young goat, cooked half and grilled the other half. He also asked his wife to bake, because she baked better he said.

When the food was ready, it was placed before the Prophet and his two companions. The Prophet took a piece of meat and placed it in a loaf and said, "Abu Ayyub, take this to Fatima. She has not tasted the like of this for days.

When they had eaten and were satisfied, the Prophet said reflectively: "Bread and meat and busr and rutb!" Tears began to flow from his eyes as he continued:

"This is a bountiful blessing about which you will be asked on the Day of judgment. If such comes your way, put your hands to it and say, Bismillah (In the name of Allaah) and when you have finished say, Al hamdu lillah alladhee huwa ashbana wa anama alayna (Praise be to God Who has given us enough and Who has bestowed his bounty on us). This is best."

leader
08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
ill se if i cn find anything of a interest to add buh
jazakallah anyway:smile:

highway_trekker
08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Love one another for the sake of Allah(SWT)

“There are three things, that whoever attains, will find the sweetness of faith: If Allah and his messenger are dearer to him than anyone else; if he loves a person solely for the sake of Allah; and if he would hate to return to disbelief (kufr) after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate to be thrown into fire." [Bukhari & Muslim]

Our love for each other for the sake of Allah implies a willingness to sacrifice our needs for the sake of our fellow Muslims’ needs in a manner that far outweighs normal sacrifice for the sake of friendship. This pure love is crucial to maintaining Muslims’ faith, if Muslims don’t have strong relations with each other, their faith will automatically decrease.

Loving for the sake of Allah means to love Allah and to show loyalty to Him by following His Shariah. It means to love all that is good and permissible in the Quran and Sunnah. This type of love requires one to defend Allahs deen and to preserve it. It is to love those who are obedient to Allah and to defend and assist them. These are the party of Allah.

Support one another

“The relationship between believers is like a wall, parts of which support other parts.”[Muslim]

A Muslim should not forsake or abandon his brother, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “There should be no breaking off of ties, no turning away from one another, no hating one another. Be brothers, as Allah has commanded you.” [Muslim]

Loved by Allah(SWT)

It is mentioned in a hadith Qudsi “My love is incumbent upon those who love one another for my sake, those who exchange visits for my sake, those who sit with one another for my sake, and those who put themselves in the service of one another for my sake”. It is the loyalty of those who love one another not for worldly benefits but only in the cause of Allah. Those are the the ones for whom Allah's love is incumbent. [Malik]

Shaded by Allah (SWT)

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Seven are (the persons) whom Allah will give Shade of His Thrown on the Day when there would be no shade other than His Throne's Shade: A just ruler; a youth who grew up worshipping Allah; a man whose heart is attached to mosques; two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): `I fear Allah'; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a person who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes well up". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine"[Muslim]

Seated on pulpits of light

Mu`adh (bin Jabal) (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs". [Tirmidhi]

On one occasion the Prophet(SAW) finished the prayer and turned toward the people and said, "O people, listen and understand. Allah has slaves who are neither prophets nor martyrs, but both the prophets and martyrs envy them for their closeness to Allah." A bedouin stepped forward, pointed to the Messenger of Allah and said, "O Messenger of Allah, tell us about these people." The Prophet was pleased with the bedouin's request and said, "They are from various peoples and tribes who have no ties of relationship between them. They love each other purely for the sake of Allah. On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will present them pulpits of light for them to sit on. Their faces will be light and their clothes will be light. The people will be scared on the Day of Resurrection, but they will not be scared. They are the friends of Allah who will not have any fear upon them nor will they grieve. [Ahmad and Abu Ya'la with a hassan chain]

Acts of love for one another

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: The Prophet (SAW) said, "A man set out to visit a brother (in Faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, "Where do you intend to go?'' He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town". The angel said, "Have you done any favour to him?'' He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious.'' Thereupon the angel said, "I am a messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)". [Muslim]

“If a man loves his brother in faith, he should tell him that he loves him.”[Abu Dawud]

Anas bin Malik (RA) reported: A man was with the Prophet (SAW) when another man passed by and the former said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love this man (for Allah's sake)". Messenger of Allah (SAW) asked, "Have you informed him?'' He said, "No". Messenger of Allah (SAW) then said, "Tell him (that you love him)". So he went up to the man and said to him, "I love you for the sake of Allah;'' and the other replied, "May Allah, for Whose sake you love me, love you.'' [Abu Dawud].

highway_trekker
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Theme End

leader
08-11-2007, 06:53 PM
wahs the nxt theme

highway_trekker
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Summer Holidays Week 4
Theme: Repentance

highway_trekker
08-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Imaam ash-Shaafi’ee raheemahullaah once said:

إلـهُ الخَلْـق أرْفَــعُ رَغبَتِي *** و‘نْ كُنتُ يَا ذا المَنّ والجُودِ مُجْرِما

‘To You, the Creator, I raise my longing,
And even if I am, O possessor of kindness and generosity, an evildoer, a criminal

ولمَّا قَسَـا قلبي وضَـاقت مَذاهِبي *** جَعَلتُ الرَجـا مِني لِعَفوكَ سَلِمــا

When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow,
I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape

تعَاظَمَنـي ذنبـي فلمَّـا قرِنتـُـهُ *** بعَفوكَ ربِّي كَانَ عَـفْوكَ أعْظَمــا

My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness,
I found Your forgiveness to be much greater

فمَا زِلتَ ذا عفو عَن الذنْبِ لَمْ تَزُلْ *** تَـجُـود وتعـفو منةً وتَكَرُّمـــا

You are and still remain the only One who can forgive sins,
You grant and forgive out of Your benevolence and generosity

فلولاكَ لَـمْ يَصْمُـدْ لإبلـيسِ عَابدٌ *** فكَيفَ وقدْ أغْوَى صَفْيَك آدِمـــا

Were it not for You, then a servant could never defy Iblis
And how can that be when he mislead Your friend Adam

فيَاليْتَ شَعْــرِي هَل أصَيرُ لِجنة *** أهنـــا؟ وأمَّـا للسَّعِير فأنْدَمــا

If only I knew! Will I arrive at Paradise that I may take delight
Or at Hellfire, that I may regret?

فللّهِ دَر العَـــارِفُ الـنـدبُ إنَّه *** تَفيض لفرْطِ الوَجْد أجفانُه دَمَّـــا

How capable is Allah! For the one acquainted with lament,
blood almost flows from his eyelids due to the excess of his emotions (lament)

يَقيـمُ إذا مَـا الليلُ مَدَّ ظَلامَــه *** على نَفسِهِ مِن شدَّةِ الخَوفِ مَأتمـا

He stands when the night extends out its darkness
Stands against himself out of extreme fear, sinful

فصِيحاً إذا ما كـانَ في ذكْـرِ رَبِّه *** وفيما سِوَاهُ في الوَرى كان أعْجَمـا

Eloquent when he makes mention of his Lord
And in the mention of others than Him, he is speechless

ويَذكُرُ أيَّامـاً مَضَـتْ مِن شَبَابـه *** وما كان فيها بالجَهَـالة أجْرَمـــا

He remembers days gone by of his youth
And what was in it of ignorance, he was a criminal

فصَارَ قَرينُ الهمِّ طُولَ نهَـــارِه *** أخا السَّهدِ والنجوى إذا الليل أظلمـا

And so for the whole of his day, the companion of grief has become
the brother of sleeplessness and secret conversation when the night darkens

يقول: حَبيبي أنـتَ سُؤلِي وبَغيتي *** كفى بكَ للرَّاجـيـنَ سُؤلاً ومغنمـا

He says, ‘My beloved, You are what I request and desire
You are enough of a longing and benefit for those who have hope

ألـسْتَ الذي غذيْتني وهَــدَيْتني *** ولا زلتَ مَنـَّانـا عليّ ومُنعِـمــا

Are You not the One who has provided for me and guided me
And You have not ceased being gracious to me and full of favours

عسَى مَنْ لَـهُ الإحْسَانَ يَغفِرُ زَلتِي *** ويَسْترُ أوْزارِي ومـا قـدْ تقدَّمــا

Perhaps the Beneficent One will forgive my mistakes
And cover up my crime and what has gone forth

تعاظمَني ذنبـي فأقبلتُ خاشِعــاً *** وَلوْلا الرِّضَـا ما كنتُ يَاربِّ مُنعَمـا

My sins seemed very great to me, so I turned (to You) in humility
Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn’t, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all

فإنْ تعْفُ عَني تعْفُ عَـنْ مُتمَرِّد *** ظلوم غشــوم لا يَـزايَـلَ مأتمـا

So if You forgive me, You would have forgiven a sinner,
A rebellious, oppressive tyrant still sinning

فإن تنتـقـِمْ مِني فلستُ بآيـسٍ *** ولو أدخلوا نفسي بجـُـرْم جَهَنَّمـا

So if You were to seek revenge from me, I would not despair
Even if they entered my soul into Jahannum, due to the sins

فجُرْمِي عَظيم مِن قديم وحـَـادِث *** وعفوكَ يَأتي العَبْـدَ أعْلى وأجْسَمــا

For my crimes are great, past and present
But Your forgiveness comes to the servant, more exalted and more great

حوالي َّ فضلُ الله مِن كلِّ جَانِـب *** ونورٌ مِن الرَّحمـَن يُفترش السَّمــا

The bounty of Allaah surrounds me from all sides
And Light from the Most Merciful has spread in the sky

وفي القلبِ إشراقُ المحب بوَصْلِه *** إذا قارب البُـشرَى وجَازَ إلى الحمى

And in the heart is the radiance of the beloved when he is reunited
And when glad tidings draw close, it becomes feverish

حوالي إينــاس مِن الله وَحْـدَه *** يُطالعَني فِي ظلـمـةِ القبرأنجَمــا

Exhilaration surrounds me, only for Allaah
It overlooks me in the darkness of the grave, apparent and clear

أصُونُ وَدادي أن يُدنّسـه الهَوَى *** وأحفظُ عـَهْدِ الـحُبِّ أن يَتثلمــا

I protect my love, lest my desires should pollute it
And I preserve the contract of love, lest it be defiled

ففي يَقظتِي شَوْقٌ وفي غَفوَتِي منى *** تلاحـِقُ خُـطوَى نـشوَةً وترنمـا

In my wakefulness is yearning and in my slumber is destiny
That’s pursuing my footsteps in ecstasy

ومَن يَعْتصِمْ بالله يُسَلم مِن الوَرَى *** ومَن يَرْجه هَـيْهَاتُ أنْ يَتندُمـــا

Whoever holds fast to Allaah, he is protected from men
And whoever hopes for Him, then never will he regret

highway_trekker
08-13-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEzOFL44xgg

highway_trekker
08-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Repentance in the Qur’aan:

"And ask forgiveness for your sin...'' (47:19)

"And seek the forgiveness of Allah. Certainly, Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (4:106)

"And declare the freedom of your Rubb from imperfection beginning with His praise, and ask His forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts the repentance and Who forgives.'' (110:3)

"For Al-Muttaqun (the pious) there are Gardens (Jannah) with their Rubb, underneath which rivers flow. Therein (is their) eternal (home) and Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives). And Allah will be pleased with them. And Allah is All-Seer of the (His) slaves. Those who say: `Our Rubb! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire. (They are) those who are patient, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allah. Those who spend (give the Zakat and alms in the way of Allah) and those who pray and beg Allah's Pardon in the last hours of the night.'' (3:15-17)

"And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (4:110)

"And Allah would not punish them while you (Muhammad (PBUH)) are amongst them, nor will He punish them while they seek (Allah's) forgiveness.'' (8:33)

"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.'' (3:135)

highway_trekker
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Repentance in the Books of Ahadith:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "I swear by Allah that I seek Allah's Pardon and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day.''
[Al-Bukhari]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them.''
[Muslim]

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: We counted Messenger's saying a hundred times during one single sitting: Rabb-ighfir li, wa tubb `alayya, innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Rahim. (My Rubb! Forgive me and pardon me. Indeed, You are the Oft-Returning with compassion and Ever Merciful.''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.''
[Abu Dawud]

Shaddad bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The best supplication for seeking forgiveness is to say:

Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta.

Which means:

O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).' He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.''[Al-Bukhari]

Thauban (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Whenever the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) finished his Salat (prayer), he would beg forgiveness three times [by saying, `Astaghfirullah' (3 times)] and then he would say: "Allahumma Antas-Salamu, wa minkas-Salamu, tabarakta ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram. (O Allah! You are the Bestower of security and security comes from You; Blessed are You. O Possessor of glory and honour).'' Imam Al-Auza`i (one of the subnarrators) of this Hadith was asked: "How forgiveness should be sought?'' He replied: "I say: Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah. I seek forgiveness from Allah).''[Muslim]

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Prior to his demise, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to supplicate frequently: Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi; Astaghfirullaha wa atubu ilaihi (Allah is free from imperfection, and I begin with praising Him. I beg forgiveness from Allah and I turn to Him in repentance.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth.'''
[At-Tirmidhi]

chand
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
That first post you put up on the theme of repentance..was that the poem he wrote on his deathbed) subhnallah touches my heart everytime i read it.

Imaam ash-Shaafi’ee raheemahullaah once said:

إلـهُ الخَلْـق أرْفَــعُ رَغبَتِي *** و‘نْ كُنتُ يَا ذا المَنّ والجُودِ مُجْرِما

‘To You, the Creator, I raise my longing,
And even if I am, O possessor of kindness and generosity, an evildoer, a criminal

ولمَّا قَسَـا قلبي وضَـاقت مَذاهِبي *** جَعَلتُ الرَجـا مِني لِعَفوكَ سَلِمــا

When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow,
I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape

تعَاظَمَنـي ذنبـي فلمَّـا قرِنتـُـهُ *** بعَفوكَ ربِّي كَانَ عَـفْوكَ أعْظَمــا

My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness,
I found Your forgiveness to be much greater

This bits my favourite
This weeks theme is my favourite!

highway_trekker
08-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Repentance
Shaykh Muhammad Saalih ibn al-Uthaymeen hafidhahullaah

Repentance: means turning back from disobeying Allaah to obeying Him.

Repentance: is beloved to Allaah, as He says:

"Verily, Allaah loves those who repent and those who purify themselves." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 222]

Repentance: is an obligation on every believer.

Allaah says:

"O you who believe! Turn to Allaah in sincere repentance!" [Surah At-Tahreem: 8]

Repentance: is from the means of attaining success.

Allaah says:

"And O believers, all of you, repent to Allaah in order that you may be successful." [Surah An-Noor: 31]

Success is when someone gets what he is looking for and is saved from what he is running from.

Through Sincere Repentance: Allaah forgives sins no matter how big they are and no matter how many they are.

Allaah says:

"Say: O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (because of sins), do not despair from the mercy of Allaah. Verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Verily, He is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah Az-Zumar: 53]

O my brother who has fallen into sins, do not despair from the mercy of your Lord, for indeed the door to repentance is open until the sun rises from the west.

The Prophet SAWS said:

"Verily, Allaah extends His hand out at night in order to accept the repentance of the sinner by day. And He extends His hand out during the day in order to accept the repentance of the sinner by night, until (the day) when the sun will rise from its west." [Reported by Muslim]

And how many people have repented to Allaah from numerous and enormous sins and Allaah has accepted their repentance?

Allaah says:

"And those who do not supplicate to another god along with Allaah, nor do they kill a person that Allaah has made forbidden (to kill) except with just cause, nor do they commit fornication. And whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection and he will abide therein in disgrace. Except those who repent and believe and do righteous deeds, for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds. And Allaah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah Al-Furqaan: 68-70]

Sincere Repentance: must meet five conditions (in order to be accepted), which are:

1. Sincerity to Allaah, the Most High: This is by the person doing it only for the sake of Allaah and seeking His reward and salvation from His punishment.

2. Remorse: for the sin that was committed, such that he is sad he did it and wishes he had never done it.

3. Ceasing: to commit the sin immediately. If the sin was against Allaah, then he should (1) stop doing it if it was an unlawful act, or (2) hasten to do it if it was an obligation that he abandoned doing. And if the sin was against a created being (such as humans), then he should hasten to free himself from it, whether by returning it back to him or seeking his forgiveness and pardon.

4. Determination: to not go back to doing that sin again in the future.

5. The repentance should not occur before the time when its acceptance is terminated, either by death or by the sun rising from the west.

Allaah says:

"Repentance is of no effect for those who commit sins constantly until when death faces one of them, he says: Verily I repent now."

The Prophet SAWS said:

"Whoever repents before the sun rises from its west, Allaah will accept his repentance." [Reported by Muslim]

O Allaah, grant us the sincere repentance and accept it from us, verily You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing-aameen

Written by Muhammad As-Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen
4/17/1406

highway_trekker
08-14-2007, 11:50 AM

I Would Like to Repent, But!…

Shaykh Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid
The Conclusion of the Book "I Would Like to Repent, But!..."
Translated by Syed Iqbal Zaheer
Taken From: http://www.orst.edu/groups/msa/books/repent.html

Dear brother! O slave of Allah! Allah has opened the door of repentance, so why should you not enter?

"Repentance has a door whose span is the distance between East and West," says a hadith; (and in another version "its span is the distance traveled in 70 years"). "It will not be closed until the sun rises from the West."

Listen to the call of Allah:

"O My slaves! You sin morning and evening and I forgive all your sins. So call on Me, I will forgive you all your sins."

Allah extends His Hands in the night to forgive the sinner of the day and extends His Hands in the day to forgive the sinner of the night. And He loves to hear excuses. So why don't you turn to Him?

How beautiful are the words of the repenting man who says:

"I beseech You O Lord, in the name of Your honor, and (by) my ignominy that You have mercy on me. I beseech You in the name of Your Strength and my weaknesses. Your Self-sufficiency and my dependence. To you I submit my sinning, guilty forelock. You have many slaves apart from me. But I have no Master save you. There isn't any refuge but with You nor escape from You except to You. I plead You O Lord, in the manner of the pleading of a destitute, and entreat You in the manner of a broken, downtrodden man. I beseech You in the manner of a blind man in fear. This is a supplication, O Lord, from one whose head is bowed down before your Majesty, whose nose is in the dust, whose eyes are filled with tears and whose heart has submitted."

Consider this story:

lt. is reported by a trustworthy man of the past that as he was passing through a street he saw the door of a house open. A woman came out with a child who was crying and pleading while she was pushing him out. She left him outside the house and slammed the door shut in his face. The child left the door and walked a distance. Then he stopped, looked about, began to think, and not finding any other place but his own house where he could take shelter nor anyone who would care for him as his mother would, he returned to his house dejected, sad. He found the door shut. He sat at the sill, put his cheek on the threshold and slept with tear marks on his cheeks. He was in this state when the mother opened the door. When she saw him in this state she could not control herself. She bent down, grabbed him to her bosom, began to kiss him and say in tears:

"Oh my boy! My dear child! My very soul! Where were you? Didn't I tell you not to disobey me? Do my bidding, and don't force me to punish you, while I hate to do that."

Then she carried the child back and closed the door behind her.

That is the story of a mother and a child: the story of disobedience, punishment, return, forgiveness and unbound love.

But the Prophet, salla Allah u alihi wa sallam, has told us that:

"Allah loves His creation more than a woman does her child."

In fact, there is no comparison between the love of a mother for her child and that of Allah whose Mercy encompasses everything. Allah, azza wa jall, is immensely pleased with a man when he repents and turns to Him. And we shall never be deprived of anything by a Lord who is more pleased with the repenting man, than that man..

"..who was traveling through an arid land. He dismounted and took shelter under a tree seeking some rest. He lay there with his beast, loaded with food and water, at his side. But when he awoke, lo! The beast was gone! He began to search for it frantically. He climbed a hill but couldn't see a trace of it. He climbed another hill and still no trace of it. Finally, when hunger and thirst overtook him, he said,

'Let me go back to the tree, and lay down there until death overtakes me.'

So he went back to the tree, and lay there with eyes closed - in total despair. And lo! As he opened his eyes and raised his head, there the beast was, right before his very eyes, with all the food and water loaded on it intact! He rushed to it and picked up its halter.

(Can you imagine his happiness) But lo! Allah is happier with a man when he turns to Him seeking His forgiveness, than the man who found his beast when he had lost all hopes."

Know it, my dear brother, that true repentance of every sin also brings with it humility and devotion to Allah, and that pleading of a penitent is very dear to Allah. So that what follows after repentance is obedience of a greater degree to the extent that sometimes Satan regrets that he enticed him into that sin at all. That is why you will see that those who repent become very much changed personalities.

Allah does not abandon a man who comes to Him a penitent. Compare the situation with that of a father who used to look after his son with great love and care, providing him with the best of clothing, food and toys. Then one day the father sent him on an errand. But, as the boy was walking an enemy took hold of him, tied him and carried him away to the land of the enemies. There his master treated him exactly in the opposite manner. So that whenever the boy remembered his father and his treatment, his eyes swelled with tears, and the heart with pain. He was in this condition of ill-treatment at the hands of his enemies, when their caravan happened to pass by his father's place again. As he looked around he found his father standing nearby. He ran to him and threw himself at him crying

"My father! My very father!".

His master followed him and was trying to pull him away, but the boy clung to his father, refusing to let him go. What do you think of this father? Do you think he will abandon him to the enemy, refusing to take back the child? If not, then what is your opinion of the Lord whose love of His creation is greater than the love of a father for his child? When a slave of His runs away from his enemies, and throws himself at the threshold of His door, rolling down in dust before him, saying:

"O my Lord! Have mercy upon him who has no one to show Mercy save You, no Helper save you, no refuge save You, no Savior save You, I am Your slave, in Your need, dependent on You, beggar at Your door, You are the refuge, with You is the shelter, there is refuge but with You, nor escape from You except to You" then surely the Lord is not going to turn him back empty handed.

Come along then. On to the good deeds, to virtuous living, in the company of the righteous, steering yourself safe from deviations after the right direction, and misguidance after guidance. And Allah is with you.

highway_trekker
08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Hadith on Forgiveness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfr2lpv77Y

*~Sofia~*
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters..

The doors of repentance

Among the major acts of worship is repentance . Even the greatest repentance which is the highest and the most compulsory act of worship is repentance from disbelief. Allah says regarding what Prophet Hood as told his people:

"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strenght to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)." (Hood 11:52 )

Allah also stressed while inviting the unbelievers unto repentance:

"If they then repent, it will be better for them, but if they turn away, Allah will punish them with a painful torment in this worldly life and in the Hereafter. And there is none for them on earth as a Wali (supporter, protector) or a helper." (At-Tawbah 9:74)

Repentance from all sins is obligatory on every adult Muslim. This is emphasized by Allah is His saying:

"And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful." (An-Noor 24:31)

The meaning of ‘ Tawbah’ is to turn back to Allah by abandoning all major and minor sins and to repent to Allah from all known and unknown sins. Al-Agharr Al-Muzanee narrated that the Messenger of Allaah saws said:

“O people! Repent to Allaah and seek for His forgiveness. I repent to Him in a day 100 times.” (Reported by Muslim).

A sincere repentance according to the scholars has conditions:

1. To discontinue the sin.

2. To regret over its occurrence.

3. To determine never to go back to that sin again.

4. To give back the right to whom it is due if the sin involves a man.

The Prophet (saw) has also informed us that repentance can be done any time during the day or night. Aboo Moosaa Al-Ash‘aree narrated that the Prophet (saw)said:

“Allah holds out His Hand during the night to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the day and holds outs His Hand during the day to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the night.” (Muslim)

Indeed, Allah is very happy when any of His slaves repents.

If he responds to the call of his Lord and repents, he will have a prosperous life in this world and the good rewards in the hereafter.
If he however does not repent, Allah will punish him for his sins and He is not unjust with anyone.

Be aware also that, among the logical reasons behind Allah’s love for His slaves’s, repentance is that one of His attributes is ‘At-Tawwaab’ (the One who accepts repentance).

It indicates that Allah accepts the repentance even if it is done repeatedly. And this attribute necessitates the existence of a sinner who repents from his sins so that Allah will accept his repentance and forgive him.

All other beautiful names of Allah are like that. Each name demonstrates a great attribute of Allah that the name contains and each of Allah’s Beautiful Names necessitates the appearance of its signs on the universe.

Another reason behind His love for His slave’s repentance is that Allah Himself is the Benefactor, Master of Infinite Goodness; whoever obeys Him through repentance He will be kind to him and reward him in this world and the next and whoever neglects repentance, Allah will be kind to him in this world and will punish him in the hereafter for his evil deeds; for your Lord is not unjust towards His slaves.

Further, it is alright to repent from some sins though one will be held responsible for sins that are not repented from.

The Door of repentance is open to all and sundry until the sun rises from the west.

It is then that the door of repentance will be closed and faith will be of no avail to a soul which has not believed before. Safwaan ‘Assaal narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allaah saws saying:

“Allah opened a door west side for seventy years for the purpose of repentance, it will not be closed until the sun will rises from the west.” (At-Tirmidhee)

Allaah has also promised the best reward and good abode for the repentant when He says:

“(The believers whose Allaah has purchased are) those who repent to Allaah (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship Him, who praise Him, who fast (or go out in Allaah’s cause), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (people) for Al-Ma‘ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all what Islam has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allah (do all that Allah has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden). and give glad tidings to the believers.” (At-Tawbah 9:112)

To emphasize Allah’s love for the repentance of His servant, the Prophet saws said:

“Allah is happier when a servant of His repents to Him than a man who was on his camel in a waterless desert and the camel escaped from him with his food and water. When he has lost hope of finding it, he retired to a tree and lied down under its shade. As he was there, the camel suddenly appeared in front of him. He took hold of its halter and said in his state of excessive joy: ‘O my Lord You are my servant and I am Your Lord’. He uttered this erronious statement as a result of his being over-joyed.”(Muslim)

Repentance is an act of worship done by the Prophets, Messengers and pious people. Allah says:

“Allah has forgiven the Prophet, the Muhajirun (Muslim emigrants who left their homes and came to A-Madinah) who followed him (Muhammad) in the time of distress (Tabuk expedition, etc.), after the hearts of a party or them had nearly deviated (from the Right Path), but He accepted their repentance. Certainly, He is unto them full of Kindness, Most Merciful.” (At-Tawbah 9:117)

Muslim as a matter of necessity needs repentance every second of his life; he needs it after performing righteous deeds or after perpetrating forbidden acts. The Almighty says:

“Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).” (Hood 11:3)

Muslims, Fear Allah that you may attain His Pleasure and Paradise and be saved from His wrath and punishment. Allah says:

“ But as for him who repented (from polytheism and sins, etc.), believed (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad), and did righteous deeds (in the life or this world), then he will be among those who are successful.” (Qasas 28:67)

The Prophet saws also said:

“Indeed, Allaah accepts the repentance of man as long as he hasnt started gargling (i.e. dying).”

Hasten to repentance and be consistent on that after every good deeds and bad ones. Allah says:

And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped. And follow the best of that which is sent downto you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’an, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not.” (Az-Zumar 39:54-55). “

Beware or wishful thinking that is caused by Satan and delusions of this finite world for, death can come suddenly. Some are indeed denied repentance by their unprepared ness for death and there are others who are lucky enough to repent sincerely before their death hence they are admitted among the righteous people by their Lord.

source: --------> www.abdurrahman.org

highway_trekker
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM

The State of Repentance
Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah
Madaarij as-Saalikeen
AlJumuah Magazine

The state of repentance, tawbah, is at the beginning, the middle and the end of all states of submission to the will of Allah. The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allah never abandons tawbah. He remains in the state of tawbah until his death. Whatever his state of belief, the servant makes tawbah his constant companion. Thus, tawbah is at the beginning and at the end of his servitude to his Creator. His need for tawbah at the end, just as at the beginning, overrides, and supersedes all other needs.

Allah says: "And turn to Allah altogether (make tawbah), O you who believe so that you may succeed," (24:31)

The verse above is contained within a Madinan Surah (revealed after the migration to Madinah), in which Allah addresses the people of emaan, who are the best of His creation. He calls upon them to make tawbah "turn in repentance" to Him after they had already believed, gone through hardships, trials of faith, executed patience, migrated and performed jihad. Allah then made success conditional on perfecting such tawbah, as the effect is often conditional on the cause. No one can hope for success, except: those who make tawbah.

Allah says: "And those who do not make tawbah are indeed the dhaalimoon (wrongdoers)." (49:11)

Allah divides His servants into two categories only: the repentant and the wrongdoers. There is no third category. Allah calls those who do not make tawbah, "dhaalimoon" (wrongdoers and transgressors) and no one is more of a wrongdoer and a transgressor than a person who does not repent for his evil actions. This state is a result of a person's ignorance of his Lord and the rights due to Him, as well as, his own defects and the evil of his deeds.

The Prophet, sallallahu alayeh wa sallam, is reported to have said: "O people, make tawbah to Allah. By Allah, I make tawbah to Him more than seventy times each day." (Bukhari)

His companions used to count for him in each congregation his saying one hundred times: "My Lord, forgive me and accept my repentance, for You are At-Tawwab (the One who accept repentance), Al-Ghafoor (The Oft Forgiving)."

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, is also reported to have said: "No one will be rescued (on the Day of Judgment) by his deeds. They (his companions) asked even you Messenger of Allah? He said, even me, unless Allah would grant me His mercy and Grace."

May Allah's blessings and peace be upon His Messenger, the most knowledgeable among His creation of Him, His Rights, His Greatness and what servitude He deserves. He is the most knowledgeable of servitude and its requirements and the most committed in servitude to Allah.

The Starter (Fatihah) of Tawbah

Tawbah is the return of the servant to Allah. It is also his turning away from the path of those with whom Allah is angry and those who are astray. This returning cannot be done except by Allah's guidance to the Straight Path. The servant will not attain guidance except through Allah's help and the servant's submithrough tawheed. Suratul-Fatihah explains this concept in the most complete and eloquent manner.

Whoever appreciates Surat-ul-Fatihah and gives it is right estimate, through knowledge, contemplation upon its facts and by living its directives, will realise that one cannot recite it, with the true recitation of a servant, unless one makes sincere tawbah. The perfect guidance to the Straight Path cannot be attained with the indifference to sins or the persistence on sins.

Indifference to sins negates the knowledge of guidance. Persistent sinning negates the intention and the will of the servant. Thus, tawbah will not be valid except after one recognises the sins, admits to them and seeks to rid oneself of their evil consequences.

Seeking Refuge from Sin

The first aspect of tawbah, then, is to see how one was taken away from seeking the pleasure of Allah, by committing sins. Next, one has to recognize that Allah didn't safeguard him from sin. One should also ponder how happy one was while sinning and being persistent on the sin, while knowing with surety that Allah ever watches over whatever is done in the heavens or on the earth. If the servant had sought refuge in Allah, he would not have gone away from the guidance of obedience,

"And whoever holds firmly to Allah, then he is indeed guided to a Right Path."
(3:101)

If one's holding onto Allah is firm, one would never be forsaken by Allah,

"And hold firmly to Allah, He is your Mawlaa (Protector) and what an excellent Mawlaa and what an excellent Naseer (Helper)." (22:78)

In other words, whenever we hold firm to Him, He will become our Protector and He will support us against our nafs (inclinations) and the Shaytan. These two enemies, the nafs and Satan, are the ones that do not leave the servant for even a moment. Their enmity is more harmful to the servant than the enemies from without. Attaining victory over such enemies is more difficult, and the servant's need for such a victory is far more important. The degree of help rendered to defeat these enemies is dependent upon the degree of our dependence and holding onto Allah. If we do not hold firmly to Allah, we will go away from Allah's protection. This is indeed the true loss. Allah could have aided us in staying away from sins, however, because we deserted Him, we were allowed to listen to any obey our nafs. If He wished to protect us, the sin would not have found a way to get to us.

When the servant becomes heedless of the consequences of sin, he finds pleasure when he satisfies unlawful desires. This pleasure in disobedience is evidence of his ignorance of the Greatness of the One of disobeys, and his ignorance of the evil consequences of sins and evil actions. His pleasure with sin has concealed all of this from his sight. In fact, his pleasure with sin is more harmful to him than perpetrating the sin itself. The believer can never have any pleasure from sin. He cannot have complete satisfaction with it. On the contrary, he would not even pursue it, except with grief in his heart. But the intoxication of the desires obscures one from feeling this remorse. When the heart becomes empty from such grief and one is happy with sin, then one should question his faith and weep for the death of his heart. If one were alive, he would be sad for the perpetration of any sin, big or small. The evil effects of sin, more times than not, go unnoticed in us and in our brothers and sisters in Islam. Diligences in constant self-evaluation is necessary in leading us away from sin and its destructive ends. One can do this by focusing on the following.

1. The fear of dying before making tawbah.
2. Remorse about the good that was missed because of the disobedience of Allah.
3. Working seriously on regaining what has been missed.

If one becomes completely heedless then one becomes persistent, which means constant disobedience with the intention to perform the sin again and again. This by itself is another sin that could be far greater than the first. Part of the punishment for sin is that it leads to a greater sin, then another, and so on until it completely and certainly destroys the person if he does not repent.

Persistence on sin is another sin. Not attempting to rectify the sin means persistence on it and satisfaction with it. This is the sign of ruin. Worse than all of that, is the commission of sin in public when we are sure that Allah watches and sees everything from above His Throne. If we believe that Allah watches us, yet we proceed to commit sins publicly, this is a great contradiction. But if we don't believe that He watches us, then we are completely out of the realm of Islam.

There are two considerations for a sinner: lack of embarrassment from Allah knowing that Allah's sight watches over all, and lack of fear to go out of the deen. Therefore, one of the conditions of the acceptance of tawbah is that a person should firmly believe that Allah was watching and that He will always watch over him. He sees everything during the perpetration of sins.

The reality of tawbah is to return to Allah is not sound or complete without the knowledge of the Lord's names and attributes and their manifestations within Himself and in the world. The repenting servant should know that he was running away from his Lord, captured in the grip of his enemy. He didn't fall into the claws of his enemy except as a result of his ignorance of his Lord and his daring to go against Him. He should know how and when he became ignorant, and how and when he was captured. He should believe that tawbah requires great determination and complete awareness to rescue himself from the enemy and be able to return and run back, to his Lord Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim. He should realise that returning to his Lord is actually turning away from the road of destruction, where his enemy had taken him. He should know the number of steps taken away from his Lord and the efforts and obstacles that he must strongly work on to get back to the Straight Path.

highway_trekker
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Between The Past And The Future
Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

al-Fawaa’id, pp 151-152
Al-Istiqaamah, No. 2

Your life in the present moment is in between the past and the future. So what has preceded can be rectified by tawbah (repentance), nadam (regret) and istighfar (seeking Allaah’s forgiveness). And this is something that will neither tire you, nor cause you to toil as you would with strenuous labour. Rather it is an action of the heart. Then as regards the future (then it can be corrected) by withholding yourself from sins. And this abandonment is merely the leaving of something and to be at ease from it. This also is not action of the limbs, which requires you to strive and toil. Rather this is a firm resolve and intention of the heart – which will give rest to your body, heart and thoughts. So as for what has preceded, then you rectify it with repentance. And as for the future – then you rectify it with firm resolve and intention. Neither of these involves any hardship or exertion of the limbs. But then your attention must be directed to your life in the present - the time between two times. If you waste it, then you have wasted the opportunity to be of the fortunate and saved ones. If you look after it, having rectified the two times – what is before and after it, as we have said – then you will be successful and achieve rest, delight and ever-lasting bliss. However, looking after it is harder than that which comes before and after it, since guarding it involves keeping to that which is most befitting and beneficial for your soul, and that which will bring it success and well-being.

highway_trekker
08-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Al-Istighfaar (Seeking Forgiveness)
By: Imam Ibn Taymiyyah
Majmoo Al Fatawa © Islaam.com

The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said:

"The master of invocations for forgiveness is that the servant says:

'Allãhumma 'anta rabbee, lã 'ilãha 'illã 'anta, khalaqtanee, wa 'anã `abduka, wa 'anã `alã `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, 'a`outhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, 'aboo'u laka bini`matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithambee, faghfirlee fa'innahu lã yaghfiru 'aththunooba 'illã 'anta.

O' my 'ilãh You are my Lord, there is no 'ilãh but You. You created me, and I am your bondservant, and I will stick to my covenant and promise [of faith and sincere obedience] to You, as to my ability. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done, I acknowledge, to You, your bounties upon me, and I acknowledge, to You, my sin. Thus forgive me, for none forgives sins except You.

Whoever says this as he enters upon evening, then, dies that night, he would enter Paradise; and if one says this as he enters upon morning, then, dies that day, he would enter Paradise". [Al-Bukhari]

The servant is always in the blessings of Allah which necessitate thankfulness, and in sinfulness which requires seeking forgiveness. Both of these matters are required and essential for the servant at all times, as the servant does not cease to alternate between Allaah's (various) favors and blessings, and does not cease to be in need of repentance and seeking forgiveness.

This is why the Master of the Children of Adam, and the Leader of the Pious, Muhammad, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam sought forgiveness in all circumstances. He said in an authentic hadeeth reported by al-Bukhari:

"O people, repent to your Lord, for verily I seek forgiveness from Allah and repent to him more than seventy times in a day."

It is reported in Saheeh Muslim that he said: "I seek forgiveness one hundred times in a day." [Muslim]

`Abdullah ibn `Umar said: We counted in a single sitting the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, saying one hundred times:

"Rabbi-ghfir-lee wa tub `alayya innaka anta-t-tawwabu-l-ghafoor."

[My Lord, forgive me and accept my repentance, verily you are Acceptor of Repentance, Oft-Forgiving.] [Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah]

This is why seeking forgiveness was legislated at the end of actions. Allah the Exalted said:

"Those who seek forgiveness before dawn (at late night)." [Aal `Imraan (3):17]

Some of them said: "Give life to your nights by performing Prayer, and when the time of late night comes, concern yourself with seeking forgiveness."

It is related in the Saheeh that the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, when he finished his Prayer, he would seek forgiveness three times and say:

"Allãhumma 'antas-salamu, wa minkas-salãmu, tabãrakta yã thaljalãli wal 'ikrãmi."

[O' my 'ilãh You are 'As-Salãm [One free from flaws], and from You comes Salãm [peace, or safety], blessed are Thee O' haver of glory and kindness.] [Muslim]

Allah says:

"And seek forgiveness of Allah. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." [al-Muzammil (73):20]

(Even) After the Prophet conveyed the Message, fought in the path of Allah with true jihad, and performed what Allah ordered more than anyone else, Allah commanded his Prophet (to perform istighfar), as He the Exalted said:

"When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, and you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes, then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance." [An-Nasr (110):1-3]

This is why the Deen is established with Tawheed and Istighfaar, as Allah the Exalted said:

"Alif Lam Ra. [This is] a Book whose verses are perfected an then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted. [Through a messenger, saying], "Do not worship except Allah. Indeed, I am to you from Him a warner and a bringer of good tidings," and [saying], "Seek forgiveness of your Lord and repent to Him, [and] He will let you enjoy a good provision." [Hood (11):1-3]

And Allah says:

"So take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." [Fussilat (41):6].

And He says:

"So know [O Muhammad], that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women." [Muhammad (47):19]

This is why it was it came in a narration:

"The Shaytan said: People are destroyed with sins, and they destroy me with 'Laa ilaha ill Allah' and seeking forgiveness." [Reported by Ibn Abi Asim and Abu Ya`la, but its chain is a fabrication] .

Yoonus, `alayhis salam, said: "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers." [al-Anbiyaa' (21):87]

The Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, when he would ride his mount, he would praise Allah, then say Allahu Akbar three times, then say:

"Lã 'ilãha 'illa 'anta subhãnaka, thalamtu nafsee, faghfirlee."

[I testify that there is no 'ilah except You, Glorified are You, I have transgressed upon myself, so forgive me] [Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhi, who said it is hasan saheeh]

Expiation of a gathering with which the gathering is completed is (the supplication):

"Subhãnaka 'allãhumma wa bihamdika, 'ash-hadu 'an lã 'ilãha 'illa 'anta, 'astaghfiruka wa 'atoobu 'ilayka."

[Glorified are You O' my 'ilãh and I am in Your praise, I testify that there is no 'ilah except You, I ask Your forgiveness and repent unto You.] [Abu Dawood and At-Tirmidhee, who said it is hasan saheeh]

Allah knows best, and may His blessings and peace be upon [the Prophet] Muhammad.

highway_trekker
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
The Doors of Repentance
Khutbah by Imâm al-Madîna al-Munawarrah 'Alî Abd-ur-Rahmân al-Hudhaifî
on 10, Shawwaal 1421 A.H.

All praise is due to Allaah, the Merciful, the Oft-Returning, the Forgiver of sins and the Receiver of repentance and the Severe in punishment. I thank Him, return to Him in repentance and seek for His Forgiveness. I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship save Him He is One having no partner and I equally testify that Muhammad r is His Servant and Messenger whom He has favored with the best of all Divine Books. O Allaah! Bestow Your Peace Blessings and Benedictions on him, his family and companions.

Dear Muslims! Fear Allaah for, the fear of Allaah leads to prosperity, happiness and success. You should know that man’s glory is in complete humbleness and love for the Majestic Lord and that man’s disgrace lies in his arrogance and disobedience to Allaah. Allaah says:

"Whosoever desires honour, power and glory then to Allaah belong all honour, power and glory [and one can get honour, power and glory only by worshipping Allaah(Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) the goodly words i.e. and the righteous deeds exalt it (the goodly words i.e. the goodly words are not accepted by Allaah unless and until they are followed by by good deeds), but those who plot evils, -theirs will be a severe torment. And the plotting of such will perish." (Faatir 35:10).

He also says:

"And your Lord said: 'Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation).Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation." (Ghaafir 40:60).

Humbleness to and love for Allaah can only be actualised through worshipping Allaah in all aspects. Among the major acts of worship is repentance . Even the greatest repentance which is the highest and the most compulsory act of worship is repentance from disbelief. Allaah says regarding what Prophet Hood as told his people:

"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strenght to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)." (Hood 11:52)

Allaah also stressed while inviting the unbelievers unto repentance:

"If they then repent, it will be better for them, but if they turn away, Allah will punish them with a painful torment in this worldly life and in the Hereafter. And there is none for them on earth as a Wali (supporter, protector) or a helper." (At-Tawbah 9:74)

Repentance from all sins is obligatory on every adult Muslim. This is emphasized by Allaah is His saying: "And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful." (An-Noor 24:31) The meaning of ‘ Tawbah’ is to turn back to Allaah by abandoning all major and minor sins and to repent to Allaah from all known and unknown sins. Al-Agharr Al-Muzanee narrated that the Messenger of Allaah saws said:

“O people! Repent to Allaah and seek for His forgiveness. I repent to Him in a day 100 times.” (Reported by Muslim).

A sincere repentance according to the scholars has conditions:

1. To discontinue the sin.

2. To regret over its occurrence.

3. To determine never to go back to that sin again.

4. To give back the right to whom it is due if the sin involves a man.

The Prophet saws has also informed us that repentance can be done any time during the day or night. Aboo Moosaa Al-Ash‘aree narrated that the Prophet saws said:

“Allaah holds out His Hand during the night to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the day and holds outs His Hand during the day to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the night.” (Muslim)

Indeed, Allaah is very happy when any of His slaves repents. If he responds to the call of his Lord and repents, he will have a prosperous life in this world and the good rewards in the hereafter. If he however does not repent, Allaah will punish him for his sins and He is not unjust with anyone.

Be aware also dear brother, that, among the logical reasons behind Allaah’s love for His slaves’s repentance is that one of His attributes is ‘At-Tawwaab’ (the One who accepts repentance). It indicates that Allaah accepts the repentance even if it is done repeatedly. And this attribute necessitates the existence of a sinner who repents from his sins so that Allaah will accept his repentance and forgive him. All other beautiful names of Allaah are like that. Each name demonstrates a great attribute of Allaah that the name contains and each of Allaah’s Beautiful Names necessitates the appearance of its signs on the universe.

Another reason behind His love for His slave’s repentance is that Allaah Himself is the Benefactor, Master of Infinite Goodness; whoever obeys Him through repentance He will be kind to him and reward him in this world and the next and whoever neglects repentance, Allaah will be kind to him in this world and will punish him in the hereafter for his evil deeds; for your Lord is not unjust towards His slaves.

Further, it is alright to repent from some sins though one will be held responsible for sins that are not repented from.

Dear Muslims! Door of repentance is open to all and sundry until the sun rises from the west. It is then that the door of repentance will be closed and faith will be of no avail to a soul which has not believed before. Safwaan ‘Assaal narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allaah saws saying:

“Allaah opened a door west side for seventy years for the purpose of repentance, it will not be closed until the sun will rises from the west.” (At-Tirmidhee)

Allaah has also promised the best reward and good abode for the repentant when He says:

“(The believers whose Allaah has purchased are) those who repent to Allaah (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship Him, who praise Him, who fast (or go out in Allaah’s cause), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (people) for Al-Ma‘ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all what Islam has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allah (do all that Allah has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden). and give glad tidings to the believers.” (At-Tawbah 9:112)

To emphasize Allaah’s love for the repentance of His servant, the Prophet saws said:

“Allaah is happier when a servant of His repents to Him than a man who was on his camel in a waterless desert and the camel escaped from him with his food and water. When he has lost hope of finding it, he retired to a tree and lied down under its shade. As he was there, the camel suddenly appeared in front of him. He took hold of its halter and said in his state of excessive joy: ‘O my Lord You are my servant and I am Your Lord’. He uttered this erronious statement as a result of his being over-joyed.”(Muslim)

Fellow Muslims! Repentance is an act of worship done by the Prophets, Messengers and pious people. Allaah says:

“Allah has forgiven the Prophet, the Muhajirun (Muslim emigrants who left their homes and came to A-Madinah) who followed him (Muhammad) in the time of distress (Tabuk expedition, etc.), after the hearts of a party or them had nearly deviated (from the Right Path), but He accepted their repentance. Certainly, He is unto them full of Kindness, Most Merciful.” (At-Tawbah 9:117)

Muslim as a matter of necessity needs repentance every second of his life; he needs it after performing righteous deeds or after perpetrating forbidden acts. The Almighty says:

“Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, tahat He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).” (Hood 11:3)

Brothers in faith! Fear Allaah that you may attain His Pleasure and Paradise and be saved from His wrath and punishment. Allaah says:

“ But as for him who repented (from polytheism and sins, etc.), believed (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad), and did righteous deeds (in the life or this world), then he will be among those who are successful.” (Qasas 28:67)

The Prophet saws also said:

“Indeed, Allaah accepts the repentance of man as long as he hasnt started gargling (i.e. dying).”

Hasten to repentance and be consistent on that after every good deeds and bad ones. Allaah says:

“And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped. And follow the best of that which is sent downto you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’an, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not.” (Az-Zumar 39:54-55).

Beware or wishful thinking that is caused by Satan and delusions of this finite world for, death can come suddenly. Some are indeed denied repentance by their unprepared ness for death and there are others who are lucky enough to repent sincerely before their death hence they are admitted among the righteous people by their Lord.[/

highway_trekker
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Theme End

highway_trekker
08-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Summer Holidays Week 5
Theme: Advice from the Salaf

highway_trekker
08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
“…Hence you must take to the original affair and hold tight to it, and you should take to being unknown, for indeed this is the age to remain unknown. And take to remaining aloof and secluded and associating little with people because when the people used to meet, some of them would benefit the others. But as for today, then that has gone and in our view, salvation lies in abandoning them.”

Sufyaan ath-Thawree d. 161 AH

“Know that being thoughtful calls to good and acting upon it. And repenting from and regretting evil, calls to abandoning it. And that which will perish-even if it is much-does not outweigh that which is everlasting-even though seeking it is rare. And to endure the short-lived difficulties that are followed by long-lasting ease, is better than hurrying for a short-lived ease that is followed by ever-lasting hardship.

So beware of this dunyaa that is falling down and is misleading and deceiving, being decorated by its deceits and having deluded others by its delusion and having killed its people with its hopes. It looks forward with anticipation towards the one who proposes to it for marriage. Hence it becomes like the unveiled bride; all eyes are looking towards it and the souls are in love with it and the hearts are captivated by it.

To the minds that are attached to it, it is faultless. And to all of its husbands, it is deadly and lethal. For the one who remains takes no notice of (the fate of the husband) who came before him, and the last one is not prevented by what he saw (happen to) the first one. And the intelligent one no longer takes benefit from the numerous trials and tests, and the one who recognises Allaah and has complete trust in Him, no longer takes heed when He advises him about it (i.e. this Dunyaa).

So the hearts insist on loving it and the souls insist on clinging to it, and this is nothing but the passionate love we have for it. Whoever loves something does not consider anything else and he dies either desiring it or else he does obtain it. Hence there are two types of lovers who desire it.

The first in the lover who has obtained it and has been deceived by it, and through it he has forgotten his origin and his eventual place of return. Hence his mind is preoccupied by it and his intellect has been neglected concerning it, such that his foot slips off it and his death comes to him as the fastest thing he has ever experience. Hence his remorse and regret become immense and his regret shatters him and his sorrow and grief become severe, along with agony that occupied him. The agony of Death, which agonises him, combines with the regret of Death, which torments him. And what has afflicted him cannot be described.

As for the other lover who died before obtaining what he wanted from it, then he dies with his misfortunes and grief and he did not obtain what he tried to get from it. And his soul did not have any relief from fatigue and distress.

Both of these types of lovers have died with no provision (for the Hereafter) and they have reached an evil place of rest.

So be vigilant and totally on your guard, for indeed it (the Dunyaa) is like a snake-it is soft to touch, but its poison is deadly and fatal.

From the advice of Al-Hasan al Basree to Umar ibn Abdul Aziz on the worldly life

highway_trekker
08-20-2007, 10:11 AM
O my son! Keep your distance from those who are distant from integrity and be close to those who are close to mercy and softness and mildness. Being distant in the first case is not arrogance or pride and being near in the second case is not being deceptive and cunning. And be like the one who is guided by those who came before him, for such a person is an Imaam for those who come after him. His knowledge does not escape and his ignorance is not present. He does not rush into matters he has doubts about and he forgives when a matter becomes clear to him, overlooking what is his right and adding more when returning the right that is upon him. Good is to be expected from him and the people feel safe from his causing evil. If he were in the company of the heedless people, he would still be written as being one of those who engage in dhikr. And if he were in the company of the people engaged in dhikr, then he would not be written as one of the heedless.

He does not delude himself when an ignorant person praises him and he would not forget to impress on his memory what he head learned. Hence is some people had given him tazkiyah (praise, testimony of his goodness), he would fear what they say and ask forgiveness for what they do not know about him. He would say, ‘I know myself better than anyone else, and my Lord knows me better than I do.’ Hence he considers himself slow in doing good deeds.

From the advice of ‘Awn ibn Abdallaah al Hudhalee to his son on bringing the soul to account

highway_trekker
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
'Abdur-Rahmaan bin Muhammad al-Muhaaribi narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa', Allah be pleased with him, once sent a letter to one of his brethren, and after greeting him with the peace of Allah, blessed be His Name, he wrote:

'My dear brother, remember that there is nothing which is in your possession today that did not belong to someone else before you, and which will not soon become the trust of someone else after you. The only benefit you can partake of what is under your you control today, is the way you use it to allow your soul to reap its benefits tomorrow!

Therefore, give preference to charitable deeds over and above beefing up the size of the inheritance of any one of your righteous children, and whom you do not know how will he use it! Otherwise, you will pass from this world to stand before someone Who will not excuse your failure, meanwhile, you would have worked hard in this world to bequeath one who will be grateful to someone other than you.

The wealth you worked hard to amass in this world will eventually culminate in one of two possibilities:

1) It will either fall into the hands of someone who will use it in obedience to Allah's commands, and whose deeds will benefit him, while you would have worked hard and deprived yourself of the benefits of such deeds; or,

2) it will fall into the hands of someone who disobeys Almighty Allah, blessed be His Name, and who will use it in an evil way, whereby you will share in his punishment and sufferings for what you have bequeathed him to nurture his weaknesses.

I swear by Almighty Allah, blessed be His Name, that neither of the above-described two categories of people is more worthy than yourself to receive Allah's mercy, and none of them merits more than you what you have worked hard and sweated to bequeath them to pacify their life and to assuage their comfort in this world after you depart from it.

The best you can do for them is to pray for their sake. Ask for Allah's mercy for those who died, and as for those who will remain the dwellers of this world after you die, trust that Almighty Allah, blessed be His Name, has guaranteed their sustenance, as well as that of everyone else, and for as long as they dwell herein. I bid you peace."

Letter of Admonition by Abu Ad-Dardaa' Related in Hilyat ul-Awliyaa' of Abu Nu`aim

highway_trekker
08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, narrated that someone asked Abu-d-Dardaa’, radhiallaahu `anhu, to advise him, he replied:

"Remember Allaah when you are comfortable, He will remember you when you are in difficulty, and when you set your eyes upon something in this world, think about how it will end!"

Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa’, radhiallaahu `anhu, once said:

"If only you knew what you will certainly see upon your death, you would never again eat a single bite out of a craving appetite, and you would never again drink an extra sip of water for the pleasure of unquenchable and insatiable thirst. Hence, you will remain outdoor in perpetuity, bewildered and awaiting the unexpected, and you will never again seek comfort in a shelter or seek a shade. You will wander aimlessly and climb the hilltops of every mountain, you will look up towards the heavens and beseech your Lord for mercy, and you will beat on your chest and cry endlessly, and you will wish that you were a little vegetable - a pant which is protected to grow, and then plucked to be eaten by a hungry person passing along."

Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, also narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa’, radhiallaahu `anhu, used to say,

"Woe unto him, and what an agony is awaiting one who cares only about amassing money in this world! Woe unto him who opens his mouth agape and drools at hearing the sound of money, who looks aghast, just like an idiot when he thinks about it, who stares at what people have, and who does not see what he has; and if he could, he would pursue such an obsession by day and night. Woe unto him! What an austere reckoning and a grievous punishment are awaiting him!"

highway_trekker
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Some more sayings of the Salaf...
Compiled by Shaykh Ahmad Farîd
Selected from "From the Characteristics of the Salaf" with transliteration-related modifications © 1996 Jami’at Ihyaa’ Minhaaj Al-Sunnah

Ahmad ibn Harb (rahimahullâh) said, “There is nothing more beneficial to a Muslim’s heart than to mix with the righteous and to watch their actions, while nothing is more harmful to the heart than mixing with the sinners and watching their actions.”

Abû Turâb an-Nakhshabî (rahimahullâh) would say, “If a person resolved to leave sinning, Allâh would send him reinforcements from all sides. What indicates the blackness of the heart are three: Not to find an escape from sinning, nor a place for obedience to occur, nor a haven for the sermon that warns.”

One of them said, “If the only quality of obedience was light appearing on the face and its radiance, love in the heart, strength in the limbs, security of the soul (nafs),… all these would have been enough for leaving sins. And if sins only produce ugliness in the face, darkness in the heart and fear over the soul, then all this would have been enough for leaving sins. For both the obedient and disobedient Allâh has left indications and signs to please one and make the other sorrowful.”

Fudayl ibn ‘Iyâd (rahimahullâh) said, “A believer plants a palm tree and fears that thorns will grow. The hypocrites plant thorns expecting ripe dates to grow!”

Fudayl ibn ‘Iyâd (rahimahullâh) said, “If you remember the creation (gossip about such and such a person), then remember Allâh the Most High. Remembering Him is the medicine for remembering His creation.”

‘Abdullâh ibn Mubârak (rahimahullâh) would say, “The world is the believer’s prison. The best action in the prison is patience and control of one’s anger. The believer has no country in the world, His land will be there tomorrow in the Afterlife.”

One of the Salaf said, “If one of you do not wish to fulfil his brother’s needs by sharing his worries or by making invocations (du‘â) then do not ask – How are things? – because it is considered hypocrisy.”

Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu ‘anhu) was asked about taqwâ. He said, “It is a road full of thorns. One who walks it needs to have extreme patience.”

Qatâdah (rahimahullâh) would say, “Men are of three types: A man, half a man and no man. The man is the one from whose opinion and intelligence there is benefit. The half man is the one who questions the intelligent and practices according to their opinion. The no man is the one who has no intelligence nor opinion nor does he ask anyone else.”

Shignî ibn Mâtî’ al-Asbahî (rahimahullâh) said, “Whoever’s speech increased, his mistakes [also] increased.”

Sufyân ath-Thawrî (rahimahullâh) said, “When your brother is out of your sight, mention him as you would like him to mention you when you are out of his sight.”

Ma‘rûf al-Kirakhî (rahimahullâh) said, “A person speaking about unnecessary things is [indication] from Allâh abandoning him.”[/

highway_trekker
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
"When the righteous people met one another, they would advise each other and if they were absent they would write to one another, with the following:

‘Whoever does an act seeking the Hereafter then Allaah will suffice him in his worldly affairs, whoever corrects what is between him and Allaah, then Allaah will correct that which is between him and the people, and whoever corrects his behaviour in private, then Allaah will correct his situation publicly.’”

(Abu Awn’ in Mussannaf: 7/612)

highway_trekker
08-24-2007, 10:47 PM
"Safety lies is the desire to be unknown."
Sufyaan ath-Tharwree (As-Siyaar 2/257)

highway_trekker
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Jazaak'Allaahu Khayran for all those who made contributions to this thread...May Allaah reward you-aameen.

Theme End
Thread End

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.