/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Major Advice

Sister_Ayesha
08-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Salam
I have a major question because I don't know what to do. I know that we are suppose to fast and that it's one of the pillars of Islam. What is someone suppose to do if they cannot fast. I was informed by my dr that she thinks that I may never be able to fast. I had my gall bladder removed, the thing is the gall bladder helps your body store the resources that you body uses when you fast. My dr is going to try and hopefully find a way that I will be able to fast but she says that it would be for at least two years before my body can fully recover to try and fast. My problem is how am I suppose to do Ramadan? Will I just have to make up the month when and if I can fast? I don't know that much about this, since I am a revert and am still trying to learn all the basics. Please can you also give a fatwa or proof in this matter also. I have learnt never to accept anything without proof. Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imaad_udeen
08-30-2005, 03:19 AM
:sl:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

All Praise is due to Allah and his Messenger (PBuH)

Sister, I think this fatwa may apply to you, since you suffer from a medical condition.

Fatwa on Fasting

Scholars have unanimously agreed that a patient is allowed not to fast, as Allah, Exalted be He, says: (Whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desireth for you ease; He desireth not hardship for you.) (Al-Baqarah: 185)

Based on both the Glorious Qur'an and the unanimity of Muslim scholars, a patient is allowed not to fast in Ramadan. But, the question now is ‘which kind of illness permits a Muslim to abstain from fasting’.

The answer to this question is that any malady that fasting may aggravate or delay the cure of, permits a Muslim to break the fast. Similarly, when fasting causes the patient to go through tremendous pain so that he would be unable to perform his job and earn his living, he is allowed not to fast. Imam Ahamd was asked: When is a patient allowed not to fast? He answered: If he is not able to fast. He was again asked: Is a man afflicted with fever unable to? He replied: What malady could be more serious than fever?
That is a snip from the Fatwa.

I hope this helps you and I hope you recover from your illness so you can fast properly.

:w:

asi17
09-24-2005, 10:16 PM
salaam sister hope you are in the best of health, fasting is excused to those people who are unable to due to ilness. understand that u will feel bad by not fasting but allah swt understands better and is most merciful. the fact that u feel bad about not fasting shows your intention and love fo the month of ramadhan wish u a quick and easy recovery

S_87
09-29-2005, 01:58 PM

sorry to hear that sis. may Allah Subhana Wa Ta`aala make it easy for you. Aameen

if you cant fast ever at all then the ruling for this is you to feed one poor person for each day.

inshaAllah this will also help you here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
swanlake
09-29-2005, 02:15 PM

May Allah ease your pain sis inshallah and I will pray for you for a quick recovery.
Here is fatwa:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=37761&dgn=4

sherbie cola
09-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Salaams sis

If a person is not able to keep fast due to illness or medication then they must give money to a poor person to open and close there fast for the whole month, Im sure if u go to a charity such as Islamic relief they should be able to tell u how much u should pay.
I hope this is helpful for u

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.