/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I love you for the sake of Allaah

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Assalaamu-alaykum,

Came across this the other day...I think it sums up mahhabba for the sake of Allaah perfectly...

"The definition of friendship: [it is the middle point] between two extremes.What makes one friend sad makes the other sad too. What makes one happy makes the other happy too. Any relationship less than this is not friendship. Anyone who answers to this description is a friend. A man may be the friend of someone who is not his friend for a man can love someone who hates him. This is the case above all with fathers and their sons, brother and brother, husband and wife, and all those in whom friendship has become burning love. Not every friend is a counsellor although every counsellor, by giving advice shows himself to be a friend"

Wassalaamu-alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Angelzz
07-23-2007, 12:12 AM
MashaAllah so true especially the last line - Jazak Allah Khair for sharing sis

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 12:24 AM
wa'eeyaaki ukhtee *smiles*

Yanal
07-23-2007, 01:09 AM
:sl: :sl:
Yes Mashallah the last line is wonderful but who is the author we would like to admire him/her or is it a verse from the Quran?:w: :w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
wayaa'kum

If I remember correctly, then the poet was Ibn Hazm al Andaloosee in his Al-Akhlâq wa’l-Siyar...

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
And another...

"O my brothers, what can we say?
Has our sadness led us to tears...
Led us to tears because of a departing friend,
Because of the love and brotherhood?"

(from the poem 'Yaa Ikhwaatee')

May Allaah make us unite with our companions of this world and Inshaa'Allaah of the next life, soon-aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.