/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Quran is inimitable?

Shadi-ahmad
07-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Assalamu Alaikum my brothers and sister,I have a question about the quran. Many "scholars" of islam say that the quran is a miracle because it cannot be imitated.Why makes the quran Inimitatable regarding it's style?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-23-2007, 01:26 AM
:sl: :sl:
well brother i have a question first what does inimitable mean?
If you tell me i might be able to answer your question

doorster
07-23-2007, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic brother
:sl: :sl:
well brother i have a question first what does inimitable mean?
If you tell me i might be able to answer your question
:w:

defying imitation; matchless; "an inimitable style"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Muslim Woman
07-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of God Almighty be upon you)

%%%%%

one point ( from my side ) ...

Allah made Quran easy to memorise even without understanding . That's why thousands & thousands Qurani Hafiza are in the world who memorised the whole Quran by heart.

It's one of the reasons Quran was never corrupted because if any one changes any single word....Quran Hafiz will catch him.

Other holy books are not memorised by their followers. I don't think , even with understanding , one can memorised the whole Torah or Bible.

But Quran can be memorised by any non-Arab by 5 yrs old boy or 50 yrs.....it's kind of a miracle to me :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
the superficial 2 minute reply is.. it denotes its wonders never cease... it is transcendent...it is poetic. its miracles are of every age and for every age.. try to compare for instance Chaucer's Canterbury Tales of 6 or 7 centuries ago and its English to the English of today.. now compare and contrast the Arabic of now to the Arabic of the Quran in richness, eloquence and beauty, not to mention sheer poetry... every generation discovers a new thing about the Quran where the previous were clueless too.. An example for instance is the sex of the worker bee, whom God Addresses in the female form.. where is in Shakespeare's play, he addresses the bee in the male.. The Quran a book that precedes Shakespeare by centuries got it right, where three hundred years ago they were clueless... I think we take for granted the period, the place, the people and the book... if it all incongruent, it is because it was... I marvel every time I read it, I never bore of it.. The Quran is a friend, a companion of psychological comfort.. and there was a period of history where people actually treated it as an entity, which was the oddest thing I had ever read, but that is how marvelous it has been and how marvelous it continues to be.. Sob7an Allah what a gift for every generation....
It is the best book Bar none... it doesn't matter how many books I have piled to the ceiling in their luminous covering.. There is simply nothing out there like the Noble Quran, may it be our companion in the grave Ameen
:w:

beespreeteam
07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
If you study the arabic language, you'll understand why it's an unbelievable book.

doorster
07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
you'll understand why it's an unbelievable book.
It is more believable to me than any other religious text, existing in the world today

beespreeteam
07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
It is more believable to me than any other religious text, existing in the world today
I think you got me wrong bro, I mean unbelievable as in unbelievably amazing. As in it's unbelievable that any human could even fathom such a thing.

doorster
07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
thanx for clarification wasalam alaikum

highway_trekker
07-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I just remembered this when I came across your thread...

In the time of al-Ma’moon, a man apostatized and claimed Prophethood. Al-Ma’moon asked ‘What is your ayah’? He replied with a few lines in which he tried to imitate Soorah al-Kawthar trying to make it relevant to himself, saying:

إنا إعطيناك الجواهر
فصلِّ لربك و جاهر
و لا تطع كل فاجر

Verily, We have granted you Al-Jawaahir (jewels)
Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and proclaim!
And do not obey every rebellious sinner

As a result, he was sentenced to death. On his way to execution that day, he was carrying the stake upon which he was to die. Abu ‘Itaahiyah, the great poet saw him in this state and went up to him.

He knocked on the piece of wood and recited the following lines as a comeback and humiliation:

إنا أعطيناك العود
فصلِّ لربك من القيود
و إني ضامن ألا تعود

Verily, we have given you the stake!
Therefore turn to your Lord in prayer from the fetters
And I guarantee that you will not return!

Subhana'Allaah, Woe to every man who tries to imitate the Qur'aan.

- Qatada -
07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
:salamext:

You might find these links beneficial insha Allaah;

http://www.load-islam.com/wel_islam.php?topic_id=3
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Miracle/

ranma1/2
07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I would say that there have been many works that easily exceed texts like the bible and quran.

Shadi-ahmad
07-24-2007, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
I would say that there have been many works that easily exceed texts like the bible and quran.
Lol thats funny,how can you comment on the quran when you don't even understand arabic,classical arabic at that,you can stick to your "Athiesm" and your false and proven impossiable theory of Evolution.

Ok So what muslim scholars are saying is that it is impossiable to create a text with meaning and a rhetorical question that does not use Poetry(al-bihar) or Prose(normal speech and Saj)??? Is it really impossiable?

Shadi-ahmad
07-24-2007, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Thank you brother very much,still any thoughts on my last post above this one?

- Qatada -
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2

Then bring your proof if you're truthful.

جوري
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
what you guys didn't see the proof? here is your Atheist trial impression, tested and proven (comes in a hot airy form) .. enjoy!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.