/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mixing in schools.

TheWorldIlove
07-23-2007, 03:24 AM
:sl: ,

Im a 14 year old male who goes to a school where I have both male and female classmates, Im confused about mixing can anyone please clarify the rules of mixing in simple points! Iam I allowed to form friendships with the opposite gender, talk to them, shake hands if they ask so in respect, talk about what happened on tv, say jokes etc.

Also many times in the past my classmates have asked me for help with homework or to explain some other work, is this allowed ?

Do I completely cut away from them ?

So Im basically asking what is the line between haram and halal

Im a practicing Muslim and don't want to commit any sins so please explain the rule for me :cry:

Thank you.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Selam aleykum
It's hard in the west because you have to go in against cultural standards.
and chances are you (your behavior) won't be understood.

Shaking hands is not ok. Don't even do it out of fear of being disrespectful. Instead fear Allah subhana wa ta'a. The prophet (peace be upon him) never shook hands with woman, not even when they converted to Islam (although he always shook hands with men when they converted to Islam).Do explain it in a gently understanding way, and inshaAllah they will accept it. Say something like: My religion does not allow contact between people of opposite gender. Friendship is also not allowed. You can be friendly, but don't seek to establish contact or any form of relationship. Saying jokes is also inappropriate because it is informal behavior. You should limit yourself to formal behavior.

Now if they ask you something like can I borrow a pen or do you understand this mathematic equation, I am not certain what to advice you. Allah subhana wa t'ala knows best. Personally I would be inclined to help, but say nothing more then that which is required.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2007, 03:37 AM
:sl:
i dont know the islamic ruling exactly, regarding your questions, but trust me, when people see you being uncomfortable with something, they will back off by themselves. actions speak louder than words.
:sl:

tryinghard
07-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Asalamu alaikum,
I've had the same problem. It's always confusing where to draw the line. I guess what you should do is be polite and helpful, but I guess not form close friendships with them. If they talk to you, its hard not to respond to them without being perceived as rude or unusual. I guess like the first brother said, answer their questions and stick to the point. I would love to know the exact Islamic ruling on this

But to add on to your question, before I became religious, I had some close non-Muslim friends. They were good people, just not Muslim. I'm assuming I should cut off all ties with them right? Should I explain the circumstances to them?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TheWorldIlove
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I found these that might help, but nothing about school.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=39

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.