/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Police harass Muslim girl students - India

AFDAL
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Hyderabad : Sayeedabad police harassed five girl students by arresting them on charges of "preaching Islam". These students of a respectable Islamic school were passing through Paslabasti when some mischievous elements lodged a complaint with the Sayeedabad police accusing them of preaching Islam to the locals, Urdu daily Munsif reported here.

Sub-inspector Rajshekhar Reddy immediately reached the spot unaccompanied by any lady police constables, and he and his team of constables forced the terrified girls into their van and held them up at the local police station for two hours, without giving any reasons for the arrest.

The police reportedly misbehaved with the girls, and left them only after having videographed them and taken details of their family and addresses.

The sub-inspector also unsuccessfully tried to get the son of a local political leader to lodge a formal complaint against the girls.

When questioned about the issue, Inspector Sayeedabad Zone Ram Mohan Rao dismissed it as a minor incident, pointing out that no case has been registered against the girls, though a general diary has been registered about the incident.

The parents as well as school management are alarmed at the turn of events, especially since certain dubious people of the other community have been reported to be visiting the school, inquiring about the girls.

http://indianmuslims.info/news/2007/..._students.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
beespreeteam
07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Sigh, harassed for 'preaching islam'..

rozeena
07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by beespreeteam
Sigh, harassed for 'preaching islam'..
exactli "harrased for preaching islam" dats jus ridiculouse,

AFDAL
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
In india all these types of stuf are not known by the outside world - reason ( according to me ) the majority of the Indian hindu who live abroad are higher caste and all thing is they simple do not say the truth about all these harassement - to the muslims and the dalit people's

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AFDAL
07-23-2007, 12:01 PM
When ever you meet a hindu outside india - ask them about their caste and how do they treat Dalit people's in India.

rozeena
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
dats horrible tho. so sori dalit wt caste is dat, muslims?

~Raindrop~
07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
salaam
it is very sad, but it is at times such as these that Allah really tests us. it is our duty to help them, which, at the moment, would consist of dua.
as long as the muslims stay steadfast on their deen, no1 will be able to harm it or them, no matter how hard they try. the life of this world is temporary. the rewards of the hereafter are plentiful and everlasting.
wassalaam

AFDAL
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
salaam
it is very sad, but it is at times such as these that Allah really tests us. it is our duty to help them, which, at the moment, would consist of dua.
as long as the muslims stay steadfast on their deen, no1 will be able to harm it or them, no matter how hard they try. the life of this world is temporary. the rewards of the hereafter are plentiful and everlasting.
wassalaam
Yes you are right.

sevgi
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
why are we all coming to conclusions...

the article doesnt say that the girls were actually preeching islam.they were accused of it but we dnt know if it is true...they go to an islamic school...thats pretty much the only fcat we know about them...

for all we know...the 'preeching islam' could just be a fake excuse to get the girls indoors and harm them.

wilberhum
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
police harassed five girl students by arresting them on charges of "preaching Islam".
Harassed by arresting? Boy no bias here.
I wonder what would happen if they were "preaching Christianity" in Saudi Arabia?

sevgi
07-24-2007, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I wonder what would happen if they were "preaching Christianity" in Saudi Arabia?

your first sentence was sarcastic and funny...there is bias in the article as i stated earlier..i can see my fellow posters going overboard...but ur second statement is useless..

yes, they were harrased...maybe not severly...but surely...

the article states that:
"...held them up at the local police station for two hours, without giving any reasons for the arrest..."

"...The police reportedly misbehaved with the girls..."

thats harrasment...it may be mild....but it is...

peace.

Intisar
07-24-2007, 08:06 AM
The excuses for discrimination are just getting more and more ridiculous by the minute.

Amadeus85
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Not only in SA, whichcan be treated as some kind of exceptions, but also in so called moderate countries like Egipt, Malaysia, Indonesia,Morocco. I think that Hindus by banning preaching other religions do the same as muslims do in muslim countries.
Only in West everyone can preach what he/she wants. :D

Bittersteel
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
only one country.in fact evangelists are not treated that bad in countries like Egypt,Bangladesh or some secular Muslim country;Mubarak is quite happy to let these people in ,as long as the US gives him war machines.
and BTW,were these Muslim girls evangelists?If so I can understand the reaction from the police since I am against evangelism.If not it won't the best the first time the Indian police have harmed innocent Muslims.
Wilber does two wrongs make a right?I thought you were a father of two or so daughters and were preaching us about women's rights,are you justifying these acts?

wilberhum
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
[
Wilber does two wrongs make a right?I thought you were a father of two or so daughters and were preaching us about women's rights,are you justifying these acts?
This father of two daughters says "two wrongs make two wrongs".
And yes I'm about as strong on equality as you can get.
So how do I justify these acts? Simple, I don't.
But I also assume based on the way it was written, that the report was totally bias.
Also, I have no issue with “Preaching Islam”, as long as you are not harassing.

Bittersteel
07-25-2007, 10:39 AM
alright,cool. you were not the only who thought it was biased,though.Indian media whether controlled by the Muslims or the Hindus are generally biased,IMO.
But hey my reason to also believe it could be true is that according to some Indian journos (yes well known ones as well) the police harass Muslims a lot.minorities tend to be get harassed more often in third world countries by the authorities.

KAding
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
dats horrible tho. so sori dalit wt caste is dat, muslims?
Who what where?

KAding
07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Preaching is not illegal in India though. Based on the info from the article these police officers are themselves breaching the law and should be dealt with accordingly.

But I'm going to make a bit of a nasty remark here. By sha'ria law it is a crime to publicly preach any religion but Islam and this is in fact a law in many Muslim countries. Isn't it strange to be mad about something your own religion preaches.

Bittersteel
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
By sha'ria law it is a crime to publicly preach any religion but Islam and this is in fact a law in many Muslim countries.
yes so I believe if those girls were really evangelists the police is right to detain them.or the state where such things happen won't be wrong to ban evangelism.But If they were innocent and doing some sort of tabligh work(not exactly evangelism) the police are quite wrong.

anyone else got a source about this harassment?just for a little verification.

wilberhum
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
alright,cool. you were not the only who thought it was biased,though.Indian media whether controlled by the Muslims or the Hindus are generally biased,IMO.
But hey my reason to also believe it could be true is that according to some Indian journos (yes well known ones as well) the police harass Muslims a lot.minorities tend to be get harassed more often in third world countries by the authorities.
It could be true. Just because a report is bias does not mean it is untrue.
But based on a tiny amount of information, I won't assume guilt for the girls any more than I will assume guilt for the police.

anyone else got a source about this harassment?just for a little verification.
I tried but couldn't find anything.

Haidar_Abbas
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
:sl: May Allah(SWT) help us to destroy the evil forces that do such vile things to our brothers and sisters aameen.:sl:

wilberhum
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: May Allah(SWT) help us to destroy the evil forces that do such vile things to our brothers and sisters aameen.:sl:
Do you only want to destroy evil forces "that do such vile things to our brothers and sisters"?

Why don't you want to destroy ALL evil forces?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.