/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let Down By My Own Mosque!!!

S@K!N@H
07-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Assalamu alaykum.

i am so upset at my own moque...:cry: they complain in the friday prayers that no one cums to the mosque to pray or that the yougth are not practising Islam.

so i have been working on a sisters circle were we teach the basics of islam, such as how to make wudu, pray, the right way to dress. and also reading and reciting quran and hopefull maybe sum of them can becum hifiz:statisfie . infact i have two great teachers who know quran very well mashallah. i hoped that introducing such ideas would be welcumed with open arms since they always complaing. i have a list of 20 girls and more by the day all between the ages of 14 to 25. but it seems that my moque doesnt wanna help after all they only jst sayin all these things to make us feel like we are letting our muslims down when its them. they have classes for children up to 11 but no older is aloud.:raging: does it matter what age u are? knowledge is for all ages, and i think teenagers are i great need!!!

wallahi im soooo sad, i can't even sleep proper, :exhausted i cant stop thinking about these people and how they go back on their words.
now we are stuck in my house bcoz i dnt wanna let the girls down in the same way so im trying to keep it going untill i know what to do.
im jst so MAD and LET DOWN.
please make du'a for the girls and that these people will let us use the mosque inshallah...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2007, 03:50 AM
:sl:
sis, i suggest to take it somewhere else. maybe you could take turns with the girls to hold the circle at their houses. so one week at someones house, another week at someone else's, etc. there is no reason why this shouldn't go ahead. But i do think that you should hold it in a mosque ot a community area, or something that way, i think it causes less trouble. like some sisters may not like one another, etc.i do suggest though to make sure what your saying/teaching is correct (im not saying that it isn't) make sure no one gives da'wah according to their opinion, this could cause trouble among you. That is, make sure you read/teach from realiable books/resoruces.
can i also suggest that you have a programme. that is, have a set time for he cirlce, eg, 2 hours. in those two hours, recite a small portion on the quran, maybe 1 page. then let someone read the tafseer (form al-baghawi, or ibn katheer, etc), then let one of the sisters (also take this in turns) give a small talk, such as stories of the prophets (aleyhumu salam) (this is where it may be good to talk about what you wanted to, such as the basics, etc), then do a little sunah, such as what to say when going to sleep, etc.

Abdul-Raouf
07-24-2007, 04:04 AM
i think the mosque people are right in allowin only girls lessthan 11yrs.....

Unless we have a seperate place for the girls in the mosque for learnin.. I think its uncomfortable...to allow older girls...

(Im unable to explain it.. but i think the mosque people r right..)

Plz take in the right sense sister...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2007, 04:08 AM
why do we need a separate room for the girls. to avoid men looking/mingling?? etc why dont we just teach them in the area where women pray??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S@K!N@H
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
the women section is big its got like four good sized rooms and its never used in the times we want to use. there will be no mixing of men and women, this moque is too big and not in use... sister i have referanced all the books with someone more knowledgeble than myself, bcoz i dnt want to be accoutable for teaching fulsehood. but u know what the lil dog never had a chance, oh well...

sevgi
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S@K!N@H
Assalamu alaykum.

i am so upset at my own moque...:cry: they complain in the friday prayers that no one cums to the mosque to pray or that the yougth are not practising Islam.

so i have been working on a sisters circle were we teach the basics of islam, such as how to make wudu, pray, the right way to dress. and also reading and reciting quran and hopefull maybe sum of them can becum hifiz:statisfie . infact i have two great teachers who know quran very well mashallah. i hoped that introducing such ideas would be welcumed with open arms since they always complaing. i have a list of 20 girls and more by the day all between the ages of 14 to 25. but it seems that my moque doesnt wanna help after all they only jst sayin all these things to make us feel like we are letting our muslims down when its them. they have classes for children up to 11 but no older is aloud.:raging: does it matter what age u are? knowledge is for all ages, and i think teenagers are i great need!!!

wallahi im soooo sad, i can't even sleep proper, :exhausted i cant stop thinking about these people and how they go back on their words.
now we are stuck in my house bcoz i dnt wanna let the girls down in the same way so im trying to keep it going untill i know what to do.
im jst so MAD and LET DOWN.
please make du'a for the girls and that these people will let us use the mosque inshallah...
salamz sis,

i know u prob. wnt believe me bt i went thru the exact same thing...

understand that u are doing this for the sake of Allah and never mind wht they say or dont do...

keep at it and never give up...keep doing it in ur house...it doesnt have to be connected to ur mosque...start a youth group...have an executive board who can help u and get the girls involved...maybe do it at theor homes in a rotational way...takes this into ur own hands...thats wat i did and Allah ahs blessed us elhamdulillah.

ws..lemme know if u need help or more advice.

Tania
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Why are you not going to talk in private with the imam :? Take the girls from your class and go talk with him, to appoint the hour when you can keep the units :?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
:sl: sis, can u do a petition, sign by all the girls?

jzcasejz
07-25-2007, 01:21 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

MashaAllaah, it's good you are doing this. May Allah reward you for your intentions.

It's sad to hear about the Mosque though...so for now I guess you'll have to do it at one's house. InshaAllaah everything'll go well.

Woodrow
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM

One problem is that for good plans to be completed, they have to be done in a well organized, carefully thought out order.

In my view you should follow things in the following steps.

1. Find a well trusted instructor to be an adviser and/or teacher.

2. Compile a workable list of young ladies that will benefit.

3. Establish a workable class size and a feasible instruction plan for specific classes. Keep the length of classes reasonable. An hour Maximum for each class session is usually sensible

4. Determine financial responsibility for any additional expenses accrued by the class. Remember, each minute a large building is in use generates expense for the building Owner/Manager/Imam. A mosque is often viewed by the utility and county officials as a commercial building. Usage for even one minute in addition to the established weekly schedule can cause the utility rates to change to a different billing code and cause the rate scale to triple or quadruple.

5. Right this out in a carefully planned paper and specificaly name who will be responsible for what. Present the paper to your Imam and ask nicely for him to suggest means to help your plan become reality. Be certain to address all 4 of the areas mentioned above in your written plan.

F@tim@
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Alhumdulillah at my local madrassah there are girls right up to the age of 18/19 who are still being educated. Upto the age of 13 they are taught how to read the Qur'aan with makharij and taught the basics of Islam i.e the beliefs, Prophets etc.
After this age it is optional to continue. If they do wish to continue then they are not taught the Qur'aan anymore but they now read many different books of fiqh(jurisprudence), the different Prophets life stories and ahadeeth. They are also taught Arabic grammar.

Alhumdilillah, for the boys we have a completely different building so theres no problem of intermingling etc.

00:00
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
keep trying, keep naaging them. Get a petition, get some brothers to help you out. You gotta make them listen, mosque is for everyone, its not just a place of prayer.

Intisar
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Sis, keep trying and working hard to help these sisters inshallah Allah will reward you for performing such good deeds. :) Always remember that Allah knows best and through tough situations keep your imaan high. It may seem like the situation couldn't get worse but just trust in Allah that everything will work out for the best. Sis, I can't make Dua for you right now but I will certainly hope for the best and keep you in my thoughts. :happy:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.