/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a limit on the number of thread approvals per day in the WA section?

Uthman
07-24-2007, 09:08 AM
:sl:

Talk about a long-winded title!

Anyway, the problem is that I often find that threads that I submit for approval tend only to be approved a few days later.

By this time, my thread will not appear on the first page of the World Affairs section which reduced the likelihood of people coming across them and reading them.

I don't think that's fair. :(

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
World Affairs aand fish both get old after three days.

I find it a shame when it takes twice that long to get aproval.

Star
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Just *bump* the thread, shud solve the problem, i mean the thread will then appear on the first page, right,

wilberhum
07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Star
Just *bump* the thread, shud solve the problem, i mean the thread will then appear on the first page, right,

That gets the post current but the information is still old.
It is kind of like rolling a dead fish over. :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Star
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
That gets the post current but the information is still old.
It is kind of like rolling a dead fish over. :?

yh tru, lol

Intisar
07-24-2007, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that. Maybe they do it so as to make sure that the topic complies with the rules of the forum. Moderators are probably doing a million other things and dont even ntoice the thread until a couple of days pass. I suggest maybe you remind them, or do as sister Star says and *bump* the topic up once you see it appear in the World Affairs section.

Woodrow
07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*

Yeah, I've noticed that. Maybe they do it so as to make sure that the topic complies with the rules of the forum. Moderators are probably doing a million other things and dont even ntoice the thread until a couple of days pass. I suggest maybe you remind them, or do as sister Star says and *bump* the topic up once you see it appear in the World Affairs section.

Thank You sister. You are quite right.

Sadly the WA section does attract many threads that are not appropriate for any forum. Plus there are the ongoing threads that all too often develop into personal issues rather than world affairs.

Some days new threads are submitted so fast that by the time any mods for the section gets into WA they are already on the second page, even though they may only be a few hours old.

Members can help us in several ways to make our job faster and more efficient.

Post only relevant topics that are truly world affairs and not simply a local complaint.

Stop the individual battles between members in the existing threads.

Avoid posting just a link and calling it a thread.

Be certain to include a clickable link to the source of any article.

Use only verifiable news sources. Youtube is interesting and can provide additional information, but it is not verifiable for an original source.

Keep in mind that we do have to check out each and every link on each thread. Videos can take a long time to view and verify the accuracy of. Use a video only if it is necessary to the story, but remember, the thread will not be approved until a mod has reviewed the entire video.

Last but not least, before starting a new thread use the search feature and see if the topic is already posted in an existing thread. If so submit it as a post to the thread and not as a new thread.

Uthman
07-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Okey Dokey, thanks for that guys.

Inshaa'Allah if the Mods don't mind, I will resolve to simply bump the threads. :)

And I have a special emoticon in mind. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!