/* */

PDA

View Full Version : namaz

rozeena
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
salaam evri1 i jus wanted to ask is it neccesary to cover your feet when praying namaz. as i was reading the english translated quran and im sure it sed at da bottom dat u had to cover your feet but i cant exactli remeba wat exactli it sed and weneva i ask sum1 dey sey u dont have to so im bit confused :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
07-24-2007, 12:08 PM
depends what madhab ur from?...hanifi its makrooh...

rozeena
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
depends what madhab ur from?...hanifi its makrooh...
hi sis wat do u mean by madhab?

Uthman
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
:sl:

A Madhab is a school of thought. :)

Check out the following links Inshaa'Allah:

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/madhhab.htm

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/madhhabstlk.htm

http://almuttaqoon.com/index.php?showtopic=821

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Also, as far as I am aware, the woman must cover her feet during Salah if she follows the Shafi'i and Hanbali Madhab.

Otherwise it is not required. :)

sevgi
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
there are 4main schools of thought.hanifi, shafi, maliki and hanbali...where u comed from or ur failies upbringing usually determines this sis...try asking a relative...

Uthman
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM

True Sister sumeyye. :)

But I believe some 'Ulema discourage Taqlid and say it is 'Blind following'. They say that one should make a reasoned judgement based on the evidences cited by all four Madhabib and then follow whichever the person thinks is right.

That's as much as I know but I have to admit I don't understand all this business myself.

Btw sister, under your username it says 'I will Rot'. :ooh: Why is this?

rozeena
07-24-2007, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
there are 4main schools of thought.hanifi, shafi, maliki and hanbali...where u comed from or ur failies upbringing usually determines this sis...try asking a relative...
i seriousli dnt knw.its not like a group is it like sunni shiah? im confused r dese names of ppl hanifi, shafi, maliki, hanbali

~Raindrop~
07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

But I believe some 'Ulema discourage Taqlid and say it is 'Blind following'. They say that one should make a reasoned judgement based on the evidences cited by all four Madhabib and then follow whichever the person thinks is right.
salaam
that claim would be acceptable if we were Mujtahids. in this day and age, it is wajib to follow one of the madhabs, as our knowledge of quran and hadith is limited.
due to some ppls ignorance or some other reason they state otherwise.
im not condoning blind following in any way. try reading 'the legal status of following a madhab' by mufti Taqi Uthmani ra. it should help clear matters inshallah.
wassalaam

Uthman
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Ok thanks for your clarification. JazakAllah. :)

~Raindrop~
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
i seriousli dnt knw.its not like a group is it like sunni shiah? im confused r dese names of ppl hanifi, shafi, maliki, hanbali
there were 4 great imams: a'immah Abu Hanifa, Shafi, malik, Ahmad ibn Hanbal (ra)
they set down certain rules for us to follow, according to their interpretion of the quran and hadith. all 4 schools of thought are correct.

sevgi
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
close...sunni breaks up into madhabs-schools of thought-four main ones...hanifi, maliki, shafi and hanbali...

if u are a sunni, u must(i use that term losely) belong to a school of thought...these schools of thought were brought about by great scholars who studied the sunnah, hadith and quran to make INTERPRETATIONS for more contemporary of detailed things that muslims deal with..such as..do we wear socks in namaz?

rozeena
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
how do i know wich 1 i follow? all i know is ine sunni n now im confused. do u have to follow 1 of dem? wt is da differents between dem

Star
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM

has any1 heard of '******' {not sure if its spelt ryt}, if so cn u tell me do they belong to 1 one the schools of thought, n which 1, i have heard this term wen ppl discuss which imam they follow, it confuses me a lil,

EDIT: whys the word i typed coming out in astricks

sevgi
07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
how do i know wich 1 i follow? all i know is ine sunni n now im confused. do u have to follow 1 of dem? wt is da differents between dem
sis...ask ur family members...or ask a close friend who is the same background/nationality as u...the highest majority is hanifi...

wats the diffrence...theyve interpreted the hadith etc, in different ways,..the places that these scholars went to, or the places that their studnets went to preech ended up following that madhad...

i think u have to follow one...but its not haram if u dnt...its jst about adding stability and consistency into ur religion...coz its not just a religion its a way of life.

AmarFaisal
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
well..I know onething.. when I go to makkah or medinah, and if I were praying without covering my feet, they do not like it there. Esp the women police, they have skin socks in their hands which they keep giving to women worshippers to wear.

rozeena
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
well..I know onething.. when I go to makkah or medinah, and if I were praying without covering my feet, they do not like it there. Esp the women police, they have skin socks in their hands which they keep giving to women worshippers to wear.
reali so does it matter if u wear see through socks or does it have to be so u cnt see da feet at all? :?

Uthman
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
:sl: sister rozeena,

reali so does it matter if u wear see through socks or does it have to be so u cnt see da feet at all? :?
Well, the whole point of wearing the socks in the first place is that the feet are not visible. Thus, to wear transparent socks would kind of undermine the purpose, wouldn't you say?

:D

AmarFaisal
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
these skin socks r not see through,, they r just shades slightly darker than ur skin n r thick .

rozeena
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
:sl: sister rozeena,

Well, the whole point of wearing the socks in the first place is that the feet are not visible. Thus, to wear transparent socks would kind of undermine the purpose, wouldn't you say?

:D

lol! no cus da sista sed skin socks so i thought u cud obviosli see through bt she sed its nt da visiable ones as shade darka den ur skin.so dats sorted den.lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.