/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Two American soldiers convert to Islam

Uthman
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:31:16

Bagram airfield, the scene of much fighting in recent years

Two American soldiers have converted to Islam, changed their names and married after serving five years in Afghanistan.

Two American soldiers serving in the US Airbase in Parvan in Bagram province converted to the lofty religion of Islam in the presence of religious authorities, IRNA reported.

The female and male converts changed their names to Maryam and Ebrahim. The couple were then married according to Muslim tradition.

A number of religious and political authorities were attending the ceremony that was organized by a regional council to celebrate the occasion.

The largest US airbase in Afghanistan is located in Bagram.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
u think its a strategic move or divine inspiration?

Pk_#2
07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Aww alhamdhulillah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

sevgi
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
u think its a strategic move or divine inspiration?
im sorry...my mind jst works that way...i wish i could sit bak and rejoice in Islamic awe...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
im sorry...my mind jst works that way...i wish i could sit bak and rejoice in Islamic awe...

Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon you) sister.

As Muslims, we take it at face value. :) So if they say they are Muslim, we have no right to label them as 'hypocrites' or trying to decieve us. Allaah knows what is truelly in their hearts, so we treat them as our brothers and sisters in faith.

This is proven from the Prophetic Sunnah also, if i can get hold of the details - i will post them insha Allaah (God willing.)

Haidar_Abbas
07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
:sl: mashaAllah!! Allahu Akbar!!:sl:

Cognescenti
07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
1,999,998 to go.

aamirsaab
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
1,999,998 to go.
Well, we got 1.3 bill so far. And if preaching don't work, we'll just have more babies.

;D

[I await refutations/counters/rebutals/denials of my statement]

On Topic; Booyah!

sevgi
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Well, we got 1.3 mill so far. And if preaching don't work, we'll just have more babies.

;D

[I await refutations/counters/rebutals/denials of my statement]

On Topic; Booyah!
u can have as many babies as u want...it doesnt really matter when u dnt bring em up properly...

i give u a large LOL though...u always seem to make me laugh...

those soldiers better start spreading the word.

Uthman
07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Two U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan convert to Islam: paper

Reuters
Thursday, July 26, 2007; 10:26 AM

KABUL (Reuters) - Two American soldiers have converted to Islam and married in Afghanistan, a state newspaper said on Thursday.

A U.S. military spokesman said he was checking the reports and pointed out that freedom of religion was enshrined in the U.S. constitution.

The Hewad Daily reported the pair served as soldiers in the U.S. army at Bagram air base which is the hub of U.S.-led operations in Afghanistan and lies to the north of the capital Kabul.

Several dozen Westerners visiting Afghanistan have become Muslims since the Taliban were toppled in 2001, but it was the first time any U.S. soldiers were reported to have converted to Islam.

A religious cleric welcomed their conversion. "If any body embraces Islam, ..., his sins committed in this world will be forgiven and Allah praises him and his family, and will bless him in the coming world too," Hamidullah said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...600731_pf.html

Keltoi
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not trying to belittle the topic, but what exactly is the big deal about this? As long as their religion doesn't get in the way of doing their duty then it really doesn't matter.

Uthman
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
It's no big deal. It's just always good news to hear that someone has entered Islam. :)

Quruxbadaan
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
1,999,998 to go.
That was just a wack comment

aamirsaab
07-26-2007, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm not trying to belittle the topic, but what exactly is the big deal about this? As long as their religion doesn't get in the way of doing their duty then it really doesn't matter.
It's always nice to hear someone reverting/converting to the same religion as oneself :)

Cognescenti
07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Quruxbadaan
That was just a wack comment
How so?

I am with Keltoi on this. I don't see what the big deal is as long as they don't start fragging their officers like the nutcase in the 101st (I think it was) in Kuwait. If they refuse orders, then someone in the Army is going to have a talk with them :smile:

Do you guys realize the US Army actually has Muslim chaplains?

Haidar_Abbas
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
How so?

I am with Keltoi on this. I don't see what the big deal is as long as they don't start fragging their officers like the nutcase in the 101st (I think it was) in Kuwait. If they refuse orders, then someone in the Army is going to have a talk with them :smile:

Do you guys realize the US Army actually has Muslim chaplains?
:sl: yeh man but you DONT UNDERSTANDif a muslim man or woman joins the military of a non islamic nation or does ANYTHING to help them against muslims or on behalf of the non islamic nation then HE/SHE IS NOT A MUSLIM:sl: man u gota thick skull :rollseyes

wilberhum
07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: yeh man but you DONT UNDERSTANDif a muslim man or woman joins the military of a non islamic nation or does ANYTHING to help them against muslims or on behalf of the non islamic nation then HE/SHE IS NOT A MUSLIM:sl: man u gota thick skull :rollseyes
One would need to assume all Muslims are good. Maybe you do, I don't. :embarrass

Haidar_Abbas
07-26-2007, 06:02 PM
:sl: MAYBE you should meet some muslims (not women its not right) instead of jus havin a little chat with us on the internet lol :sl:

wilberhum
07-26-2007, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: MAYBE you should meet some muslims (not women its not right) instead of jus havin a little chat with us on the internet lol :sl:
You assume I have no Muslim friends? :confused:
It is obvious that you are prone to erroneous assumptions. :D

Uthman
07-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm quite hurt by the fact that people are asking what the big deal is.

No-one said it was a big deal. I don't see the problem in letting other Muslims rejoice with the knowledge that two more people have entered Islam. That was my only intention, besides this actually being a world affair.

Btw, I agree with Wilberhum that not all 'Muslims' are good.

But everyone who adheres to Islam's teachings are good. I'm sure everyone can accept that, at the very least.

Keltoi
07-26-2007, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
I'm quite hurt by the fact that people are asking what the big deal is.

No-one said it was a big deal. I don't see the problem in letting other Muslims rejoice with the knowledge that two more people have entered Islam. That was my only intention, besides this actually being a world affair.

Btw, I agree with Wilberhum that not all 'Muslims' are good.

But everyone who adheres to Islam's teachings are good. I'm sure everyone can accept that, at the very least.
You could find plenty of stories about people converting to Islam...you picked a story about two American soldiers. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I assumed you posted this because they were American soldiers. In that context, I don't find it to be particularly important, as there are quite a few Muslims in the U.S. military.

Uthman
07-26-2007, 06:20 PM
In that case, it's a misunderstanding.

You were indeed mistaken. I didn't go looking for this story. It just happened to come across me so I decided to post it.

It wasn't anything to do with them being American soldiers at all. Just the fact that they had converted to Islam.

Actually, I posted a thread recently about a Hindu converting to Islam here. :)

wilberhum
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Osman,
Things tend to go astray when you have a venom spitting troll running from thread to thread. :raging:

But this "One Liner - Troll" came to the same conclusion that Keltoi did. :-[

Intisar
07-27-2007, 03:26 AM

That is such wonderful news to hear, mabrook to the both of them and may Allah make it an easy transition for them. Jazakallah Khayr brother. This is really refreshing to hear especially after all the bloodshed that goes on in that region.

:w:

Maidah
07-27-2007, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Osman,
Things tend to go astray when you have a venom spitting troll running from thread to thread. :raging:

But this "One Liner - Troll" came to the same conclusion that Keltoi did. :-[

Well lets just assume that maybe this story was posted because they were American solidiers converting, so like you said what's the big deal. If according to you it shouldn't be a big deal for us that they converted to islam, it shouldn't really be a big deal for you wether they were american solidiers or whatever reason this story was picked to be posted.

Yes there are many stories of such kind where ppl convert to islam, this may have been of more intrest perhaps. You can only decide the significance of this story from your point of view, to some other ppl it may be to great importance.

wilberhum
07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
Well lets just assume that maybe this story was posted because they were American solidiers converting, so like you said what's the big deal. If according to you it shouldn't be a big deal for us that they converted to islam, it shouldn't really be a big deal for you wether they were american solidiers or whatever reason this story was picked to be posted.

Yes there are many stories of such kind where ppl convert to islam, this may have been of more intrest perhaps. You can only decide the significance of this story from your point of view, to some other ppl it may be to great importance.
I think Osman explained himself quite clearly.

princessz
08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Masha Allah...
I'm always sooooo glad to hear about people accepting islam...

Cognescenti
08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Of course, if the CIA (or their Mossad masters) wanted to introduce "moles" into an terror organization comprised of Muslims this is exactly the route they might take. Add in some public displeasure from their parents, their high school math teachers, their former girlfriends, their Army buddies and...........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.