/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian grand mufti says Muslims can convert

Showkat
07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Egyptian grand mufti says Muslims can convert

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=84053

CAIRO: Egypt's official religious adviser has ruled that Muslims are free to change their faith as it is a matter between an individual and God, in a move which could have far-reaching implications for the country's Christians. "The essential question before us is can a person who is Muslim choose a religion other than Islam? The answer is yes, they can," Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa said in a posting on a Washington Post-Newsweek forum picked up by the Egyptian press on Tuesday.

"The act of abandoning one's religion is a sin punishable by God on the Day of Judgment. If the case in question is one of merely rejecting one's faith, then there is no worldly punishment," he wrote.

In many Muslim societies, converts to other religions are considered apostates and can be subject to capital punishment.

Gomaa said that if the conversions undermine the "foundations of society" then it must be dealt with by the judicial system, without elaborating.

Attempts by Muslims in Egypt to convert to other religions have been hindered by the state's refusal to recognize the change in official documents and in some cases have led to arrests and imprisonment.
"Even though it is not a criminal offense in Egypt, they get detained under emergency laws or are put on trial for contempt of religion if they wish to convert," said Hossam Bahgat of the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights.

"This [ruling] is significant, especially coming from Gomaa," he added.

"Between 2004 and now there have been many court cases involving Christian converts to Islam that want to convert back to Christianity who are unable to do so," said Bahgat, who is involved with a case of 12 former Copts who converted to Islam and are now trying to revert.

A spokesman for Dar al- Iftaa, the body headed by Gomaa which is responsible for issuing religious opinions, maintained that the mufti's stance has not changed.

"The posting is consistent with the mufti's past fatwas," he told AFP. "Apostasy is only punishable when it is considered akin to subversion."

The issue of apostasy is a thorny one in the Islamic world, with one extremist interpretation declaring that apostates should be killed.

"The punishment for apostasy is controversial," judge Ahmad Mekky, the deputy head of Egypt's Supreme Court, told AFP. "There is nothing in any Koranic text about this."

The case of the 12 Copts, whose request to revert was denied by a lower court in April, goes in front of the Supreme Court in September, and Bahgat said they will use Gomaa's posting to bolster their case.
"Gomaa is a civil servant, the top religious adviser of the state, and technically speaking the deputy justice minister," he said. "So his views on the matter carry authority."

Comment:

It seems the Government scholars are getting worse by the day, initially they justified non-Islamic ruling, then American bases in the Muslim lands and now this fatwa.

I wonder how they would feel if a family member became a Christian, Jew, Hindu etc?

And where is the evidence from the Quran and Sunnah to allow such actions?

Also will these apostates be accounted by Allah on the day of judgement or will they be judged based upon how much of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism they followed?

Can people leave Islam and become atheists or satanists?

And can Muslims especially women marry these non-Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Quiet Observer
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow. This is great!

Good deal.

Ebtisweetsam
08-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Well what can you do? I would not speak to a family member if they left Islam........ then again most people of any religion would feel the sme way if a person left their religion too....

Zone Maker
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
:sl:

Sorry ,but the mufti denied saying such a thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070724...m_070724185303

http://www.wwrn.org/article.php?idd=25748&con=57&sec=59

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darkseid
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Showkat
Egyptian grand mufti says Muslims can convert

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=84053

CAIRO: Egypt's official religious adviser has ruled that Muslims are free to change their faith as it is a matter between an individual and God, in a move which could have far-reaching implications for the country's Christians. "The essential question before us is can a person who is Muslim choose a religion other than Islam?
There was a muslim that became a sikh. In fact, Sikhism is nothing more than a branched off sect of Islam in much of the respect that Christianity is nothing more than a branches off sect of Judaism.

There are muslims becoming Druzes, muslims becoming Bahai'is, there are muslims becoming Sikhs, and even some become athiestic or even anti-theistic.

It seems the Government scholars are getting worse by the day, initially they justified non-Islamic ruling, then American bases in the Muslim lands and now this fatwa.

I wonder how they would feel if a family member became a Christian, Jew, Hindu etc?

And where is the evidence from the Quran and Sunnah to allow such actions?

Also will these apostates be accounted by Allah on the day of judgement or will they be judged based upon how much of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism they followed?

Can people leave Islam and become atheists or satanists?

And can Muslims especially women marry these non-Muslims?
Allah, God, Dran, or whatever you want to call it/him does not care what faith you follow. End of story.

All you have to do is follow the ten commandments and the golden rule. Nothing else matters.

Here is a list of punishable accounts that you must avoid:

1) Killing someone in non-self defensive matters.

Murder is forbidden

2) Lying to cover one's tracks in commiting one of these acts

Foul testament is forbidden

3) Procreating or seeking romantic/sexual relations or activities with anyone that has not given you consent.

Rape is forbidden

4) Procreating with anyone regardless of them having a permanent mate (wife or husband) or a largely influencial partner of considerable duration in procreation (lover). In addition, Procreating with anyone without the consent of your own spouse/lover.

Adultry is forbidden

5) Stealing property or possessions from another is forbidden unless the circumstance is of great emmergency or priority, such as food for feeding starving children or money to pay for someone's surgery.

Stealing is forbidden (but only on typical and normal circumstances).

6) Worship of another human being or of one's self.

Idolizing is forbidden

7) Any act of disrespect onto another human being based on religious, racial, sexual, gender, or disability related issues.

Intolerance is forbidden

8) Enacting a martyr-like act on false circumstances such as killing a mere innocent child for being an American with a suicidal bombing.

Foolish martyrdom is forbidden

There are more, but I don't really have to time to provide them to you.

Cognescenti
08-06-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
There was a muslim that became a sikh. In fact, Sikhism is nothing more than a branched off sect of Islam in much of the respect that Christianity is nothing more than a branches off sect of Judaism.

There are muslims becoming Druzes, muslims becoming Bahai'is, there are muslims becoming Sikhs, and even some become athiestic or even anti-theistic.

Allah, God, Dran, or whatever you want to call it/him does not care what faith you follow. End of story.

All you have to do is follow the ten commandments and the golden rule. Nothing else matters.

Here is a list of punishable accounts that you must avoid:

1) Killing someone in non-self defensive matters.

Murder is forbidden

2) Lying to cover one's tracks in commiting one of these acts

Foul testament is forbidden

3) Procreating or seeking romantic/sexual relations or activities with anyone that has not given you consent.

Rape is forbidden

4) Procreating with anyone regardless of them having a permanent mate (wife or husband) or a largely influencial partner of considerable duration in procreation (lover). In addition, Procreating with anyone without the consent of your own spouse/lover.

Adultry is forbidden

5) Stealing property or possessions from another is forbidden unless the circumstance is of great emmergency or priority, such as food for feeding starving children or money to pay for someone's surgery.

Stealing is forbidden (but only on typical and normal circumstances).

6) Worship of another human being or of one's self.

Idolizing is forbidden

7) Any act of disrespect onto another human being based on religious, racial, sexual, gender, or disability related issues.

Intolerance is forbidden

8) Enacting a martyr-like act on false circumstances such as killing a mere innocent child for being an American with a suicidal bombing.

Foolish martyrdom is forbidden

There are more, but I don't really have to time to provide them to you.

I tend to agree with you on the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments. Taken together, they are such a sensible road map for moral beahvior as to be hard to dispute.

I do wonder where you got your list. Is the list you posted from the Muslim teaching? There are many parallels to the Christian version of the Ten Commandments but there are some very odd provisos, such as the "escape clause" for number 5 :)

Number 4 has modifying phrases that makes it sound like it was written by a lawyer :D I seems to acknowledge a version of the English tradition of "common law" marriage.

metalted
08-07-2007, 07:10 AM
would you have your own family members killed if they converted to another faith?

If I remember correctly shariah law allows for muslims to marry non muslims.. of course if non muslims are unfaithful they are executed..

Skywalker
08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Skakeen

Actually, he re-affirmed it after denying it...obviously something crazy is going on...

http://www.wwrn.org/article.php?idd=25764&sec=59&con=57

As for my personal comments, I think that the ruling makes sense but under very strict conditions. The person that wishes to convert needs to be counselled about Islam by a religious person over a given time period, and then if he still wishes to convert and poses no threat to the Islamic ummah, they should be allowed to do so. I'm no scholar, but this is what I got from the Qur'an and Sunnah as well as the opinions of various scholars.

Looooool! I'm glad you're here to tell us these things, Darkseid! So what are you now, our god or something? Should we all now ignore the repeated messages and warnings from the One True God, who knows each of us better than we know ourselves, and just listen you? What credibility do you think you have?

As for your 8 rules and the others you "don't have time for"... you're basing them on your personal views that have been induced into you through the society that you live in by analyzing the behaviour of people over a certain time period and under certain situations. Does that equal to divine knowledge of who we are and what's best for us? Nope :D

You wanna know what you should do if you really wanna go to paradise? Follow the 8 rules that you wrote (with a little modification to rule 4 which as Cognescenti mentioned looks like it was written by a lawyer) as well as the Golden Rule, and in addition follow the rules the Qur'an and the Sunnah, which you will find do not contradict those in any way, but add more rules to benefit the society as well as the individual. Also, not everything in religion is "don't do this, don't do that". There are actually things that say "do this, and do that", because without those, everybody would be passive and there would never be any progress or advancement.

:w:

NoName55
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metalted

If I remember correctly shariah law allows for muslims to marry non muslims.. of course if non muslims are unfaithful they are executed..
LOL

Where did that come from?

metalted
08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
would you have your own family members killed if they converted to another faith?

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
LOL

sorry I was researching it before and I mis read it. I meant to delete it.

Malaikah
08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I think what you mean to say is that is a married man or women commits adultery and it was witnessed by four eye witnesses of righteous character in an Islamic state they would be eligible for the death penalty. In which case it applies just as much to Muslims (I don't know whether or not it even applies to non-Muslims married to Muslims).

beespreeteam
08-07-2007, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
LOL

ahah I lol'd too

KAding
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
In Holland today the chairman of the 'Committee for ex-Muslims' had to go into hiding, after being physically assaulted last Saturday after leaving his local supermarket. He also received numerous death threats in the last few months.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/artic...story_id=42621

I guess not everyone agrees with this Mufti.

Azhar786
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
salaam

if any1 changes from islam to anythin else its there choice but there must be a reason for that person to leave!!!
look around u wat muslims are doin around the world and we are suppose to peaceful lovin and carin muslims!!

Cognescenti
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I wonder is some of the $4B Egypt gets from the US every year goes to the Grand Mufti. :)

Here if a question, though. If there is no hierarchy among Islamic scholars, how come the Grand Mufti is the Grand Mufti? I have to say to the Muslims here, it is a really, really confusing "system". It seems somewhat chaotic.

Can someone explain this in plain English?

Skywalker
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
In Holland today the chairman of the 'Committee for ex-Muslims' had to go into hiding, after being physically assaulted last Saturday after leaving his local supermarket. He also received numerous death threats in the last few months.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/artic...story_id=42621

I guess not everyone agrees with this Mufti.
Actually, this article clearly shows that the person in question is an enemy of Islam. He publically called prophet Mohammed (pbuh) a "terrible man" while at the same spreading lies about Islam by using examples of badly-practicing Muslims to support his claims.

"He hopes his committee can help Muslims who turn away from Islam and put taboos in the Muslim world like domestic violence and human rights violations on the agenda."

He's clearly up to no good, but nevertheless, I don't know if it's allowed under Sharia law to attack anyone who's doing so from outside the boundaries of an Islamic state. Does anyone here have any ideas?

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
I wonder is some of the $4B Egypt gets from the US every year goes to the Grand Mufti.
It's possible. He is a government employee and it's the government that gives him his monthly salary. Whether part of that is from grants sent by other countries is hard to know. Plus, I'm pretty sure Egypt receives a lot less than $4B a year from the US. Do you have any sources for this info?

I wonder is some of the $4B Egypt gets from the US every year goes to the Grand Mufti.
Who said that there was no hierarchy? You can't expect that a fresh Al-Azhar graduate is on the same level as a sheikh that's been studying, debating, and teaching Islam all his life...? I'm not sure how the system works exactly, but there has to be some kind of hierarchy, it's only logical.

KAding
08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Actually, this article clearly shows that the person in question is an enemy of Islam. He publically called prophet Mohammed (pbuh) a "terrible man" while at the same spreading lies about Islam by using examples of badly-practicing Muslims to support his claims.

"He hopes his committee can help Muslims who turn away from Islam and put taboos in the Muslim world like domestic violence and human rights violations on the agenda."

He's clearly up to no good, but nevertheless, I don't know if it's allowed under Sharia law to attack anyone who's doing so from outside the boundaries of an Islamic state. Does anyone here have any ideas?
If thats how we are going to define enemies, then clearly I am an enemy of Islam as well. And you are an enemy of the West and of Hinduism and of Christianity and of Liberalism, etc.. . If having different beliefs and helping those who have those same different beliefs makes people enemies, well, then Islam has A LOT of enemies.

It's like me declaring every atheist who has embraced Islam and wants to help fellow new Muslims to be my enemy. In fact, this whole forum would be my enemy with such an attitude.

Cognescenti
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
It's possible. He is a government employee and it's the government that gives him his monthly salary. Whether part of that is from grants sent by other countries is hard to know. Plus, I'm pretty sure Egypt receives a lot less than $4B a year from the US. Do you have any sources for this info?

According to Christian Science Monitor the average since 1979 is just under $2B per year (grants not loans). I can't find the year by year details right now, but my recollection is it peaked at $4B right after the Camp David accord. The Camp David Accord was costly. It cost Sadat his life an the US taxpayers about $50 B

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0412/p07s01-wome.html

Skywalker
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
If thats how we are going to define enemies, then clearly I am an enemy of Islam as well.
Why? Do you publically insult prophet Mohammed (pbuh)? Or tell people that Islam is a bad religion because a few Muslims behave badly?

It's not about having different beliefs and opinions, it's how you express them or "impose them on others" that tells people who you are. For example, you're an atheist, and although I don't believe what you believe, you don't see me insulting you or your beliefs. In fact, I don't even mention our differences in belief except when they are the subject of a thread.

But if I understood the article correctly, this individual publically attacked Islam through his comments about the prophet (pbuh), and the mission of his "committee" is to put focus on the negative elements in some Muslim countries in an attempt to defame Islam itself. Kinda lousy if you ask me.

KAding
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Why? Do you publically insult prophet Mohammed (pbuh)? Or tell people that Islam is a bad religion because a few Muslims behave badly?

It's not about having different beliefs and opinions, it's how you express them or "impose them on others" that tells people who you are. For example, you're an atheist, and although I don't believe what you believe, you don't see me insulting you or your beliefs. In fact, I don't even mention our differences in belief except when they are the subject of a thread.

But if I understood the article correctly, this individual publically attacked Islam through his comments about the prophet (pbuh), and the mission of his "committee" is to put focus on the negative elements in some Muslim countries in an attempt to defame Islam itself. Kinda lousy if you ask me.
I have heard this guy speak often enough. He never uses foul language or slings around insults. He might think Muhammed was a bad man. That is his prerogative. That is not an insult.

Your reaction is exactly what troubles me about Islam sometime and what makes me wonder if Western values can coexist with Islam in my country. I cannot believe that you are unsure whether letting a group of vigilante thugs beat up this guy is the right thing to do or not according Sharia law. Such a thing should be beyond debate.

wilberhum
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Well, here we are again. :confused:

How much freedom should there be in freedom of speach?

Well as far as I'm concerned, I should be able to say anything I want and you should be able to say anything you want, as long as it dosen't upset me. :D

Skywalker
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I have heard this guy speak often enough. He never uses foul language or slings around insults. He might think Muhammed was a bad man. That is his prerogative. That is not an insult.
Here's the thing though. There's something called stating an intelligent opinion based on evidence, and there's something else called stating a baseless opinion with evidence stacked against it. When you present the first as fact, no matter how many may oppose it, it would be your right because it's just an opinion that nobody can disprove, but when you present the second one as fact, and a quarter of the world's population has a problem with it, you're no longer doing something responsible or decent, you're just causing confusion either out of ignorance or out of maliciousness. See the difference?

For example, implying that all Muslims are bad because one Muslim man beats his wife is ludicrous. But it happens. These guys use cases like this to defame Muslims and Islam without presenting the whole truth to their audiences. I personally see that as an attack.

Your reaction is exactly what troubles me about Islam sometime and what makes me wonder if Western values can coexist with Islam in my country. I cannot believe that you are unsure whether letting a group of vigilante thugs beat up this guy is the right thing to do or not according Sharia law. Such a thing should be beyond debate.
Actually in a Sharia country it would be beyond debate -- it would not be allowed. Period. As for outside the Islamic world, it becomes complicated because we're not in the 7th century anymore -- everybody hears what everybody else says. The world is like one big TV station. A lot of thinking needs to go into this...but for starters, I don't think that anybody would have the right to beat him up or whatever since he wasn't breaking any of the rules of the country that he's in, while beating him up would be breaking the rules of that particular country -- which is not allowed in Islam.

The_Prince
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM

nop Islamic and western values cant co-exist, at least not in total :).

anyone who attacks Islam whethor through physical means (attacking muslims and muslim holy sites) or verbally automatically becomes an enemy to Islam. :) you may get a few muslims who say no no no its okay to verbally attack Islam free speech! yet Islamic scholarship the very best Islamic scholars said otherwise, and so does the Quran and hadiths.

however so i aint saying we gonna kill you for verbally attacking, but i am saying we aint gonna be friends nor are we allowed to be friends with such ppl, not even sit in the same room as them unless u happen to be refuting them.

heck how any muslim will be able to admit their "friends" with someone who attacks Islam is beyond me, would you be friends with someone who insults ur parents? nop! and Islam says u must love Allah and the prophet Muhammad more than your parents!

wilberhum
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
nop Islamic and western values cant co-exist, at least not in total :).

anyone who attacks Islam whethor through physical means (attacking muslims and muslim holy sites) or verbally automatically becomes an enemy to Islam. :) you may get a few muslims who say no no no its okay to verbally attack Islam free speech! yet Islamic scholarship the very best Islamic scholars said otherwise, and so does the Quran and hadiths.

however so i aint saying we gonna kill you for verbally attacking, but i am saying we aint gonna be friends nor are we allowed to be friends with such ppl, not even sit in the same room as them unless u happen to be refuting them.

heck how any muslim will be able to admit their "friends" with someone who attacks Islam is beyond me, would you be friends with someone who insults ur parents? nop! and Islam says u must love Allah and the prophet Muhammad more than your parents!
Of course when someone takes a stance of no compromise and no tollorance there will be no coexistance.

NobleMuslimUK
08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Truly sad that the mufti would issue such a fatwa. May Allah guide the ummah, Ameen.

By the way the jews and christians are much far off following the ten commandments, in fact majority break them all the time.

Cognescenti
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Surah 9, verse 29.
So non-Muslims can save their skins by paying a tax to buy themselves a fourth class berth on the Muslim ship of state? Cool. Quite generous really. I feel better now.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Egypt is just a puppet state to America and Israel anyway so dont listen to them they arnt true Muslims like Iran Syria etc.

wilberhum
08-08-2007, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Egypt is just a puppet state to America and Israel anyway so dont listen to them they arnt true Muslims like Iran Syria etc.
So what is a "True Muslim"?
Are you a "True Muslim"?
If yes, I must assume a "True Muslim" wants every "Not Ture Muslim" killed.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Iran Syria Hizbollah Hamas They Are True Muslims.

wilberhum
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
That is one question.
But then fat weeney we know you are not a Muslim let a lone a "True Muslim".

You are just a sad little kid with a personality disorder.

For your own sake, seek help.

Darkseid
08-09-2007, 01:50 AM
You must be the dumbest British windbag I have ever seen.

Those are all organizations and countries, not people.

And they aren't true muslims. True muslims don't kill innocent bystanders nor pick fights with people regardlessly

Also here are some other factors.

1) Iran is not a federal government. By not being a federalized country, it is not taking into the interest of Allah that the UEA and Malaysians were able to construct and therefore it is not muslim. Iran also has a lot of Bahai'i and Zoroaster people in the country and therefore is not truely muslim.

2) Hezbollah endangered the innocent people of Lebanon into participating into a confrontation with the highly socialpathic Israelis, for which they wish had never happened again.

3) Hamas has divided the Palestinian people and therefore insures that there will probably never again be a united Palestine nor will there ever be a fully independent Gaza Strip from Israel.

4) Syria is a Socialistic dictatorship and last time I checked most muslims proclaim socialism to the very enemy of Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
That is one question.
But then fat weeney we know you are not a Muslim let a lone a "True Muslim".

You are just a sad little kid with a personality disorder.

For your own sake, seek help.
And like what my Cascadian friend here has said, get some help for goodness sakes.

Skywalker
08-09-2007, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Truly sad that the mufti would issue such a fatwa. May Allah guide the ummah, Ameen.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that brother?

Iran Syria Hizbollah Hamas They Are True Muslims
Errm...Iran are Shia, I know Syrian Muslims who don't know jack about Islam, Hesbollah are Shia as well, and some Hamas members are not as "nice" as they should be.

If you're talking about the leadership though, I guess you can say that they are acting Islamically in some aspects of their government, but I personally don't see any one their governments as "perfect" when it comes to following Islamic laws completely. May Allah guide them.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
**** Off Wilberhum You Yank ****.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Hizbollah And Hamas Are Controlled By Iran And Syria Though.

Darkseid
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
And the king of Saudi Arabia has proclaimed Shiite Islam to not be a true form of Islam.

Darkseid
08-09-2007, 03:02 PM
You don't know, that is another completely different topic in itself, with a lot of confusion and controversy.

Excellent, I'm glad we've come to terms :smile:

It's a little concept called House Rules ;)
The king of Saudi Arabia is the self-proclaimed protector of the Muslim faith by being the king of land encompassing Mecca and Medina.

rav
08-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Syria is a secular country. Hezbollah and Hamas contradict eachother theologicaly since Hamas is a primarily Sunni terrorist group, while Hezbollah is a primarily Shia terrorist group. Iran also holds by Shia' Islam, which Hamas and Wahhābīyya in Saudi Arabia hate; although they are all politcally in agreement about hating a certain group of people.

Cognescenti
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Excellent, I'm glad we've come to terms :smile:

It's a little concept called House Rules ;)
Great, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but I currently favor of eschewing a tax to our Muslim overloards and buying weapons instead.

How would it be if European countries and the US instituted "house rules" for Muslims?

Don't answer that. We know what would happen.

Darkseid
08-10-2007, 02:34 AM
But he's a skank...Nobody appointed him as the Khalifah of the Muslims.
Since when are kings, appointed? Honestly you would have to have a highly voice of authority in order for a king to be appointed. And who would that be?

He's just another stuck up monarch who's been spoilt with the wealth of the US Govt. and made to suck up to bush...

Protector of the Muslim faith? I don't think so.
I just said what he proclaims himself as and of course I know he really is a skank and an oppressive tyrant.

Skywalker
08-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Since when are kings, appointed? Honestly you would have to have a highly voice of authority in order for a king to be appointed.
Um, he said "who appointed him as the Khalifa of the Muslims", not "who appointed him king." Caliphs in Islam are appointed through a democratic process.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
The King Of Saudi Arabia Is Just A Puppet To America And Britain.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.