/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK Floods

-S-
07-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Salams

Anyone get hit by the UK Floods on this board?!?!

Unfortunately we got hit big time good and proper we are without Water for the next 14 days so having to do with rations and driving around looking for water tanks! Makes u appreciate water!!!

Every Drop you guys see when ya open the tap...appreciate every drop of it :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately we got hit big time good and proper we are without Water for the next 14 days so having to do with rations and driving around looking for water tanks! Makes u appreciate water!!!
Reminds you of these verses:

“Then tell Me about the water that you drink.
Is it you who cause it from rain-clouds to come down, or are We the Causer of it to come down?
If We willed, We verily could make it salt (and undrinkable): why then do you not give thanks (to Allaah)?” (Soorah Al-Waaqi’yah [56] Verses 68-70)

“And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of good tidings, going before His Mercy (rain). Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud, We drive it to a land that is dead, then We cause water (rain) to descend thereon. Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly We shall raise up the dead, so that you may remember and take heed.” (Soorah Al-A’raaf [7] Verse 57)

May Allaah make it easy for you and give you sabr.

snakelegs
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
about where in UK are you -S-?

-S-
07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Gloucestershire Area!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
i understand why it happens, but it is so ironic - to be without water due to flooding!

Mawaddah
07-25-2007, 11:02 PM
^ Same thing happens when it's hurricane season over here in the Bahamas too. Everywhere is flooded and it's raining cats and dogs but there's no water coming out of the taps :D

Khayal
07-26-2007, 02:08 AM
:sl:

Brother, at least you are in a rich, clean area of a very developed country, MashaAllah. Think about people in the same situation in poor cities like Pakistan.imsad

north_malaysian
07-26-2007, 02:23 AM
the same thing happen when southern part of Malaysia was hit by megaflood earlier this year. The authorities had to shut down the water pipelines as many of those pipelines were destroyed by the floods.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Every morning I turn on the news and see people similar to your self experiencing these difficulties and I feel sorrow for them. I hope the rains stop and do not make the probem any worse for you and hopefully we will then get some sunshine to dry out the affected ares.

S_87
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Alhumdulillah nope no flooding at all. rain yes but not 24/7

amirah_87
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Im in the UK but we havent got hit yet alhamdulillaah.

Gloucestershire Area!
:crickey:

Hope Allah makes it easier on you all.

S_87
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

By the looks of things, this year the effects of global warming has really set in, don't you think it's time to abandon your Land Rovers and classy sports cars? No?
:w:

it could be anything ...

Muezzin
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Typical British weather, eh?

The flooding is terrible. I hope everyone's coping okay if they're unfortunate enough to be caught up in it.

3isha
07-26-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal

Brother, at least you are in a rich, clean area of a very developed country, MashaAllah. Think about people in the same situation in poor cities like Pakistan.imsad

sister, it does'nt matter if u are in a rich counrty, u see, when Allah wants things like this to happen there is no esacape no matter how developed a country is, whoever thought a country like England would be dieing of every drop of water,
At the moment people in Pakistan are well off than people in England .
May Allah give them patience.

<nasira>
07-26-2007, 07:19 PM
well...i supose it helps livin on a hill...despite da constant trekkin up n down....:D
hopefully it wil al b sorted out soon insha allah
wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.