/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ghusl

Thanaa
07-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I would like to know if someone could please explain something for me?
During ghusl, is it okay to use soap?
Website here seems to say its okay, but other have said that no it isnt as this was not the practice of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
If the latter is true, should I shower with soap before I perform ghusl?
Also, I have problems in wetting my hair-can i stick under the tapp to make sure its damp, so long as I make sure the water reaches the roots?
Meh.
I cant seem to find information that is set out clearly enough for me.
Either that, or I find another piece of info which contradicts the first. So, now Im just confused, and if I dont perform ghusl, then I cant pray, and Ive been told that if my ghusl is incorrect that my prayer would be invalid anyway. :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
:salamext:

Reason why a menstruating woman should use a piece of cloth perfumed with musk after doing ghusl

Question:

What is the reason for using a piece of cloth perfumed with musk after the menstrual bleeding finishes?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah. Al-Bukhaari (314) and Muslim (332) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that Asma’ asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about ghusl following menses. He said: “Let one of you take her water and lotus leaves and clean herself well, then let her pour water over her head and rub it vigorously so that it will reach the roots of her hair. Then let her pour the water over herself, then take a piece of cloth scented with musk and purify herself.” Asma’ said: How should she purify herself? He said: “Subhaan-Allaah! Purify yourself with it.” ‘Aa’ishah said – as if she whispered it to her – Follow the traces of blood.

The reason for using this is to perfume the site and ward off unpleasant odours.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Muslim: The scholars differed concerning the reason for using musk. The correct view is that of the majority of our companions and others, which is that the purpose of using musk is to perfume the site and ward off unpleasant odours. … She should use it after ghusl. If no musk is available, she should use whatever perfume she can find. If she cannot find any perfume then it is mustahabb for her to use whatever will remove the odour [soap, nowadays]. If she cannot find anything, then water is sufficient for her, but if she fails to perfume it when perfume is available, that is makrooh. If she is not able to do it then it is not makrooh in her case. End quote.
Dr. Aaminah ‘Ali Naasir Siddeeq, professor of microbiology in the College of Science in Jeddah has discovered that musk is a natural antibiotic for treating skin diseases and genital diseases in humans and animals. This discovery was patented in the King ‘Abd al-‘Azeez City for Science and Technology in Riyadh.

See al-Mujtama’ magazine:

http://www.almujtamaa-mag.com/Detail.asp?InSectionID=81&InNewsItemID=217507
[Article is in Arabic]

The researcher also presented to the Eighth International Conference on scientific miracles in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, held in Kuwait in 1427 AH a paper entitled: Aspects of the scientific miracles of using musk as an antibiotic against funguses and yeasts that cause disease in humans, animals and plants..

She explained that disease-causing bacteria increase in number during the menstrual period and that musk has a strong effect in killing off these harmful microbes.

See the paper [in Arabic] at:
http://www.nooran.org/con8/Research/436.pdf
http://www.tafsir.org/vb/archive/index.php?t-6980.html

It is clear that the reason for the menstruating woman using musk is to perfume the site, to ward off unpleasant odours, and to kill off disease-causing funguses and yeasts.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...79&ln=eng&txt=

I think the fatwa above states that you are allowed to use soap. And Allaah knows best.

This might also be relevant insha Allaah;
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=26

Yanal
07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
:sl: :sl:
To my dearest brother Qatada and everyone else i have very little fatwa to give out and i do not know what Ghusl is?So can anyone tell me please JazakAllah Khar in advance :w: :w:

- Qatada -
07-28-2007, 01:31 PM
:salamext:

None of us are qualified to give fatwa :) I got it from an Islamic scholar site.

Ghusl is like having a bath :) you have to wash every part of your body i.e. the water has to touch the skin on all parts of the body for it to be an acceptable ghusl. And Allaah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
07-29-2007, 10:29 PM
:sl: :sl:
here's something different
Narrated 'Aisha:

Whenever the Prophet took a bath after Janaba he started by washing his hands and then performed ablution like that for the prayer. After that he would put his fingers in water and move the roots of his hair with them, and then pour three handfuls of water over his head and then pour water all over his body.
Narrated Maimuna:

(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle performed ablution like that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. He washed off the discharge from his private parts and then poured water over his body. He withdrew his feet from that place (the place where he took the bath) and then washed them. And that was his way of taking the bath of Janaba.
i think that might help you

*~Sofia~*
07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Salam sister...

The following site is pretty good and explains the ruling and description of ghusl.

------> http://abdurrahman.org/tahara/rulingghusl.html

The below site shows a few hadiths related to Ghusl.

------> http://abdurrahman.org/sunnah/sahihBukhari/005.sbt.html

Hope this helps :)

wasalam
x

Caller الداعي
09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
asslam alaikum
there is a hadith in sunan abi dawood which means the prophet using 'khitmi' (a kinda soap them dayz) in his hair:
the hadith is narrated by Aisha r.a.:
she said the prophet alaysalam would wash his hair with khitmi in the state of janabah he would suffice with that and would not pour on it water (abu dawud)
sorry for the poor transalation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.