View Full Version : Poem - is it my fault

Star
07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
EDIT

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
07-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Is it my fault??

People say 'Be grateful for what you have', 'indeed after hardship their is ease', 'allah is their'
But do they realise, they are just words, meaningless,

They are not meaningless, ukhtee. These are the words used by the great men of the past. They are not my words, or your words. I do not own them, make them, repeat them meaninglessly. They belong to those who suffered much in the path of Allaah from our glorious past, to our living present right until the victorious end. People who were tortured, imprisoned, persecuted, torn away, abandoned, forgotten. Indeed you are not forgotten, and Indeed, after every hardship there is ease. In our weakness, we mustn’t forget that the promise of Allaah is true. That when you suffer like this, your sister, who loves you for the sake of Allaah also suffers, equally, if not more, because she realises that there is nothing more than she can do. That her absence has to continue for a while longer. That she left you in the trust of another and they break that trust. So what can she do? Helpless, she is but to turn to Allaah and say as Moosa (AS) cried out, “O Allaah, I am needy of whatever good You send down upon me!” as Nuh (AS) beseeched, “O Allaah I have been overpowered so help me!” as our beloved Messenger supplicated, “O Allaah for Your Mercy I hope, so do not abandon me to myself even for a moment. And correct all my affairs. There is no God but You.”

Hearts burn, hearts fear, hearts cry, hearts break,
Who is their to hear their call
The One, 'Allah' {is he}

Indeed, the One is He. He is there to hear us and those who love for Him, hear you too. As hopeless, helpless, meaningless as they may seem right now. Like a mother never abandons her child, Allaah never abandons those who call out to Him. But even a mother has to be absent for a while, so does a father, a brother, a sister. And even Allaah makes us struggle for a while. This is not testimony of their lack of love or care. For the former, she has no choice. And Allaah, tests us, but not greater than we can bear.

Numbness fills the heart
The eyes sting, and are hardened from crying
The heart is rock, free of pain, hurt, love, free of feeling

Free of love? Really? Then yes, a loveless heart will cause my eyes to sting, my heart to feel numb. If the heart was rock, it would not feel such.

The soul is weak,
Yet no-one understands
'Allah is there', is the only reply
Do they realise the faith is not,

It is understood. It has been understood. But at times, those who care for you are as helpless as you. Not by choice but by obligation. Allaah is there. No-one can deny that. Through the valleys of life Allaah is there. It is up to us to seize that. So faith has to be strengthened as hard as it may be.

The body a 'trust', from the one who has no use for it,
Worldy objects desire it greater,

May Allaah be with you. No one has a right to hurt another. And Allaah is the Judge, the Avenger!

The soul is weak, tired, battered, and longs to sleep.
To travel to its final desination,
The akhirah is only as far as we allow it to be,
It's closer than we think, so much closer,
Mind body and soul are at the brink...

Subhana’Allaah! Let us prepare for that final journey. How much harder it will be if we are not prepared for it. Much harder than the temporary difficulties of this life. Whilst we have life, lets hold on to it, make the most of it, realise it and deal with it.

No it’s not your fault. Perhaps it was mine.

Star
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
No it’s not your fault. Perhaps it was mine.
dont say that:cry: , how cn it be ur fault

highway_trekker
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
People say 'Be grateful for what you have', 'indeed after hardship their is ease', 'allah is their'
But do they realise, they are just words, meaningless,
Because I have said such words before to someone, and perhaps they too thinks these words are meaningless.

Yet no-one understands
'Allah is there', is the only reply
I always thought I understood. But there was One greater then me who understands better. But perhaps the one I helped also feels like no-one, even me, understands.

May Allaah forgive me-if I ever made a mistake-aameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Star
07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
ukhtee, this is only a stupid poem, which i wrote in the heat of the moment, im sure the one u helped doesnt think these words are meaningless, and u probably understand better then most ppl.

highway_trekker
07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Even a strong person sometimes breaks.

But khair, I hope every brick you laid and pebble you collected in making that mountain does not come crumbling down in the heat of the moment, when it seems that we a like a drowning man in an ocean of helplessness.

Keep going ukhtee..what more can I say?

Star
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Keep going ukhtee..what more can I say?

okay .. jazakillah khayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.