PDA

View Full Version : Really shocked...



nebula
07-26-2007, 12:38 AM
salaam brothers and sisters

i watched a video today on youtube which basically portrays islam in a very negative way... the video is so inncorrect and bad that i dont even wanna say the same here or advertise it in anyway... This program also came on channel 4.

THis video basically shows differnt clips of videos of scholars that have been made inside mosques secretly. and what they have done the have taken out all the good stuff and have left all the negative stuff. Its not really negative but the way they cut bits out and show it makes it seem negative.

Also this videos comments havent been disabled even tho theres 1495 comments that have been made on this video.

If we look at a video which shows the truth about islam then most probably the comments will be disabled so that no one says anything good.

WHATS GOING ON!!! so many people are trying their best to portray islam in a bad way WHEN ITS NOT A BAD RELIGION AT ALL!! ITS THE MOST PEACEFULL ONE IN THE WORLD!!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
07-26-2007, 12:47 AM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

Don't worry about such videos. I was REALLY shocked aswell...but after you see a response to that show by Yaasir Qadhi, you'll realise that it was a cheap attempt by Channel 4. It's not worthy of any attention.
Reply

Thanaa
07-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by nebula
salaam brothers and sisters

i watched a video today on youtube which basically portrays islam in a very negative way... the video is so inncorrect and bad that i dont even wanna say the same here or advertise it in anyway... This program also came on channel 4.

THis video basically shows differnt clips of videos of scholars that have been made inside mosques secretly. and what they have done the have taken out all the good stuff and have left all the negative stuff. Its not really negative but the way they cut bits out and show it makes it seem negative.

Also this videos comments havent been disabled even tho theres 1495 comments that have been made on this video.

If we look at a video which shows the truth about islam then most probably the comments will be disabled so that no one says anything good.

WHATS GOING ON!!! so many people are trying their best to portray islam in a bad way WHEN ITS NOT A BAD RELIGION AT ALL!! ITS THE MOST PEACEFULL ONE IN THE WORLD!!
Videos like the one you mention are why I worry about my future-just being Muslim will mean that some people will feel justified in attempting to harm me verbally, mentally, or physically. Theres so much misinformation around its scary.:hiding:
Reply

IcuFusion
07-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by nebula
salaam brothers and sisters

i watched a video today on youtube which basically portrays islam in a very negative way... the video is so inncorrect and bad that i dont even wanna say the same here or advertise it in anyway... This program also came on channel 4.

THis video basically shows differnt clips of videos of scholars that have been made inside mosques secretly. and what they have done the have taken out all the good stuff and have left all the negative stuff. Its not really negative but the way they cut bits out and show it makes it seem negative.

Also this videos comments havent been disabled even tho theres 1495 comments that have been made on this video.

If we look at a video which shows the truth about islam then most probably the comments will be disabled so that no one says anything good.

WHATS GOING ON!!! so many people are trying their best to portray islam in a bad way WHEN ITS NOT A BAD RELIGION AT ALL!! ITS THE MOST PEACEFULL ONE IN THE WORLD!!
Okey , i agree with you when you say that our religion is the most peacefull religion in the world , but ppl who belive that religion , are not .
All you have to do and to see this truth is just to turn the TV on . And you will see how "our brothers " in faith blow them self up in the midle on Bagdad , kill inocent ppl , woman , kids , old ppl , kill our brothers during the time of prayer inside the moskw , only because someone has difrent view of religion then the other .
After all brothers and sisters do not forget Allah has stated in Koran " There is no compultion in religion" .
God gives live , and He is the one who takes lives .
Until we kill our self for stupid reasons , our image will not change . And just to remind you some wodrs from Koran " Allah , will not change the condition of the ppl until they chenge themselfs " and " And the nation thet goes astray God's path , Allah will send to them their bigest enemy" .
Read this verses and thing . ITS TIME ALL MUSLIMS TO THING and not listen to stupid fatwas , kill jews , kill kristians, muslims, kill that or this , this ppl are unbelivers , they will go to hell , ect ect .
Its time to stop with this nonsence . Its time to get educated .Its time to improve the lives of our ppl , families and love ones .

With respect IceFusion
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
jzcasejz
07-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Thanaa
Videos like the one you mention are why I worry about my future-just being Muslim will mean that some people will feel justified in attempting to harm me verbally, mentally, or physically. Theres so much misinformation around its scary.:hiding:
As-Salaamu'alaikum

Indeed it's kinda scary...but check this quote out:

“From the Sunnah of Allah, is that when He decides to champion His religion, He gives rise to those who oppose it; thereby establishing the Truth with His Words, and dashing the Truth upon falsehood, smashing its brains, and behold, it vanishes! (21:18)”

(Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyya, during his last imprisonment, a few months before his demise, writes these lines using coal)
All we need is Sabr and obedience towards Allaah (SWT).
Reply

nebula
07-26-2007, 12:58 AM
All we need is Sabr and obedience towards Allaah (SWT).

Bro i agree with you but still man i really feel like we need to do something seriously!

Don't you think that Imam Mehdi is soon to come? just look at all the stuff that is going on
Reply

Intisar
07-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by nebula
salaam brothers and sisters

i watched a video today on youtube which basically portrays islam in a very negative way... the video is so inncorrect and bad that i dont even wanna say the same here or advertise it in anyway... This program also came on channel 4.

THis video basically shows differnt clips of videos of scholars that have been made inside mosques secretly. and what they have done the have taken out
all the good stuff and have left all the negative stuff. Its not really negative
but the way they cut bits out and show it makes it seem negative.

Also this videos comments havent been disabled even tho theres 1495 comments that have been made on this video.

If we look at a video which shows the truth about islam then most probably the comments will be disabled so that no one says anything good.

WHATS GOING ON!!! so many people are trying their best to portray islam in a bad way WHEN ITS NOT A BAD RELIGION AT ALL!! ITS THE MOST PEACEFULL ONE IN THE WORLD!!
:sl:
Bro, ever since the 9/11 attacks people have chosen to put Islam as a whole on trial and not the horrible people who carried out these attacks on innocent people. I don't mean to expect the worst, but after seeing more and more blatant discrimination towards such a religion that promotes peace you can't help but feel a little angry. Instead of lashing out and making the situation worse we should just trust in Allah(SWT) that everything will turn out for the best. :) Allah knows best. ;)
Reply

Muezzin
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
If it's the Channel 4 documentary, you may well be able to get it pulled from YouTube because of copyright infringement. Unless of course it was uploaded by Channel 4 (which I tend to doubt, since TV channels' websites tend to have their own dedicated flash players rather than relying on YouTube).
Reply

Uthman
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
:sl:

I think I remember. Was is that Dispatches: Undercover Mosque programme?

Yeah that was really shocking.

Here are a few responses to it though:

Green lane Masjid: http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/downl...tter070107.pdf

Imam Abu Usamah: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...q=abu_usamah_4

:w:

P.S. Are you 'shocked' or 'choked'? I can't seem to decipher it from your title. :D Perhaps its both?
Reply

jzcasejz
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

Originally Posted by nebula
Bro i agree with you but still man i really feel like we need to do something seriously!
Yep. Some think the answer's in taking part in demonstrations and acting like Hooligans whereas some have anotehr view. But the answer is uniting the Muslims instead of having little groups here and there. From there on the Muslims and progress (in my opinion).

Originally Posted by nebula
Don't you think that Imam Mehdi is soon to come? just look at all the stuff that is going on
Allaahu A'lam. The Ummah is in a state... but one shouldn't forget that the first generation of Muslims went through much hardships and and what was their finishing outcome? They succeeded. So we should take them as examples and play our part i.e. have Taqwa, place our trust in Allaah (SWT), take part in Da'wah etc...
Reply

Ubaidah
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I understand your concern with the video. But it falls under the ideals of free speech. All we can do as Muslims is prove the stereotypes of Muslims wrong. And correct the misleading comments made about Islam. And even then some peoples mind won't change.
Reply

Amadeus85
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
What shocked me in this video? Such statements like these-

"We muslims have been ordained to brainwashing"
"Allah created the women deficient" ,"If she doesnt wear hijab, we hit her"
"You have to act like a state within state, until you take over"
"I dont believe them because they are kufaar, and lying is part of their religion." "They are patological liars".
"We hate the kufaar"
ABout Osama Ben Laden-"He is better than thousands Tony Blairs, because he is muslims"

All this and more was said in Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham.
The question is is this reality? Is this islam or something else? Why islamic shcolars say something like that.
Reply

thirdwatch512
07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Youtube is becomming significantly anti muslim. I have seen like 8 new anti muslim accounts started within the past like 2 weeks!

I guess just brace yourself. Perhaps go to an islamic youtubue (islamtube.com is one I think) and watch vids there if you don't want to see the anti islamic.
Reply

beespreeteam
07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
this is why i've started www.beespree.com - let the muslims filter the rubbish out _b
Reply

nebula
07-27-2007, 03:17 PM
P.S. Are you 'shocked' or 'choked'? I can't seem to decipher it from your title. :D Perhaps its both?[/QUOTE]

lol i didnt even clock that i spelt shocked wrong!

its ment to say shocked :D
Reply

nebula
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Osman
:sl:

P.S. Are you 'shocked' or 'choked'? I can't seem to decipher it from your title. :D Perhaps its both?
haha i didnt even clock that i spelt shocked wrong, good work on spotting it out :coolious:

i hope i didnt spell anything wrong again im gonna be concious :-\
Reply

Muezzin
07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Corrected it. :)
Reply

Amadeus85
07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Is it possible that someone could answer on my questions.?
Reply

jzcasejz
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
Is it possible that someone could answer on my questions.?
Here's a video reply to that Dispatches show. It's a really good response.
Reply

ummzayd
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
What shocked me in this video? Such statements like these-

"We muslims have been ordained to brainwashing"
"Allah created the women deficient" ,"If she doesnt wear hijab, we hit her"
"You have to act like a state within state, until you take over"
"I dont believe them because they are kufaar, and lying is part of their religion." "They are patological liars".
"We hate the kufaar"
ABout Osama Ben Laden-"He is better than thousands Tony Blairs, because he is muslims"

All this and more was said in Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham.
The question is is this reality? Is this islam or something else? Why islamic shcolars say something like that.
I haven't watched the video so I can only comment on the quotes you provided - yes I find all of them repugnant except the last one.
I would agree that Tony Blair is a thousand times worse than OBL, because he has been responsible for at least a thousand times more deaths than OBL. this doesn't mean I admire OBL at all, just that TB is even worse.

I tried to watch a bit of the programme when it was aired on TV, however it was an absolute joke the way it was edited, a speaker would say a few words then you could see it had been cut, he said another few words then it was cut again, and so on and so on, he was jumping all over the place it was kind of hilarious in one way, and deeply annoying in another. however no doubt they found some extremists to say some rubbish, it does make me angry to hear these self-styled preachers spouting their ignorant thrash - like the brainwashing quote, or hitting a girl for not wearing hijab.

No those things are not Islam. alhamdulillah.

peace
Reply

Amadeus85
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by ummzayd
I haven't watched the video so I can only comment on the quotes you provided - yes I find all of them repugnant except the last one.
I would agree that Tony Blair is a thousand times worse than OBL, because he has been responsible for at least a thousand times more deaths than OBL. this doesn't mean I admire OBL at all, just that TB is even worse.

I tried to watch a bit of the programme when it was aired on TV, however it was an absolute joke the way it was edited, a speaker would say a few words then you could see it had been cut, he said another few words then it was cut again, and so on and so on, he was jumping all over the place it was kind of hilarious in one way, and deeply annoying in another. however no doubt they found some extremists to say some rubbish, it does make me angry to hear these self-styled preachers spouting their ignorant thrash.

peace

Thank you for good response.
Reply

Umu 'Isa
07-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Hi Aaron,
As other members have said, I would really advise you to watch the video responses from the Sheikh's. Those comments were taken out of context, it would be unfair if you watch the dispatches document and not the replies to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqH7N...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wq6gCpgb4 - Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54AziQqP3g - Part Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyts_-PH8Y - Part Three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37fnrawObA - Part Four
Reply

barney
07-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Can you actually have a Islamtube? Wouldnt it portray images of people on it?
Plus the fact , to do something like that is imitating the Kuffar.
Reply

BanGuLLy
07-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Its funny how they put that black circle around the video to make it look like it was undercover but some of those videos have been public and put on DVDs... messed up media...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:54 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 06:54 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!