/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have serious Waswaas need help with Islamic rules

AnonymousPoster
07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Salam Alaykum,

I am a Muslim man living in a Muslim country. I am suffering from a series of problems which have been identified as Waswaasa.

All of these problems are rooted in Najasa/Tahaarah issues, and even though I am taking medication to treat my condition, my problems have not gone away.

I think that perhaps many of the problems I have could be due to my ignorance of the rules of Islam with respect to Tahaarah and Najaasah, so I would like to ask a number of questions with respect to the specific situations I face. I hope that the brothers/sisters will answer my questions fully, and that Insha Allah this will help me to overcome my current Waswasaa problems. If some of the questions seem strange and repetitive at times, I admit that I have mental issues in this respect and must ask these questions.

Some of my questions are regarding Najaasah and how it spreads, while others have to do with urine, sperm, blood, etc (since this is one of the underlying causes of my problems), and other questions have to do with how to interact with other people, especially if they are the source of the Najaasa and not me.

The questions are:

1. My bedsheets are normally unclean, given that normally some urine and/or sperm will come out of me and onto my sheets and I cannot wash my sheets every time they are Naajes, since this would be an almost daily chore. I want to know that if someone touches these sheets or sits on them, and then touches other parts of the house, does the entire house become Naajes (given that over time, the things that were first touched after the bed sheets will be touched again, and after that people will touch things all over the house)?

2. How can something that is Naajes be cleaned, without putting one's self into too much inconvenience?

3. If all I have in order to wash my clothes is a simple washer without double rinse cycle (like a bucket almost) and a spin-drier, how can I clean my clothes? Do I have to wash them multiple times, etc?

4. I have been told that soap has no effect on Najaasa/Tahaarah. If that is so, then what can be used to clean things that are Naajes?

5. I had a chance to visit a doctor for some urine retention problems I was facing some time back. Even though these problems are fixed, I still feel that urine has come out of me, and in many cases when I check, indeed the color of the underwear indiactes urine. Moreover, I have a mental fear that urine will come out of me and force me to clean myself again, make places I sit unclean, and so forth, which I believe leads to urine coming out, as a sort of realization of these fears. Knowing that I do not have problems with my urinary system but that my problems are mental, (but real, since they still cause urine to come out of me) are there any dispensations that can be given for my case?

6. The situation with my sperm coming out is somewhat similar to that of my urine. That is, I do not think there is anything physically wrong with my reproductive system in terms of excess sperm, but whenever I see anything which is moderately exciting I fear that sperm will come out of me and this will force me to take a Ghusl. In almost all cases, these fears are realized and I do need to take a shower before the next Fardh prayer. Also, even after making the Ghusl, there are still sperm drops that come out of me, making me change my underwear and take another Ghusl yet again for the subsequent prayer. Again, since most of wht comes out of me is due not to physical reasons but rather mental ones, are there any dispensations or excuses I could use to alleviate my situation?

7. I also need to know how I can determine whether some piece of furniture, carpet, etc, has been made Naajes by urine, sperm, or blood, etc. Also, as in the case with the bed sheets, if someone were to touch the unclean area (wet or dry) before it is cleaned and then touch other places in the house, how should I handle cleaning the rest of the house?

8. What is to be done concerning things I know have been touched by a person after he touched a Naajes area, but do not show signs of Najaasa?

9. What should I do about clothes that have brown/yellowish marks on them due to urine, sperm, etc, but do not go off even after repeated washings? And what about the other clothes they come into contact during washing?

10. Am I obliged to repeat my prayers and wash my clothes if I find that I was bleeding and that some of the blood is on the clothes I am wearing?

11. Does the passage of time increase or decrease the area of Najaasah in a house, supposing that there is originally one area of uncleanliness (which occured after a person touched a Naajes cloth, and then touched this one area mentioned above)?. That is, does the collection of dust help to reduce or remove Najaasah, or does it not have any such effect?

12. If a bar of soap has fallen on a dirty bathroom floor, how should that bar be cleaned?

13. Most of the non-Muslims do not clean themselves properly after doing their necessities. How am I supposed to handle things that they touch, given that I know they do not follow any of the Islamic rules on how to clean ones' self?

14. Can Najaasah be transmitted through sweat? That is, if a person's Najees body part sweats, does that mean that the sheet, furniture or carpet has to be washed?

15. How do I differentiate between a bathroom floor that is Naajes and one that is dirty from other sources?

16. Is there any way I can use public restrooms, given that they are notoriously dirty even in Muslim countries (splashed water from the toilet, water hoses inside the toilet hole... even if the hose is in its proper place chances are someone has put it inside the toilet hole at some point because this is customary, etc)?

17. If my arm or leg or hand is wet and I accidentaly touch an unclean chair, etc and I am not able to wash my hand/arm/leg again before I do other chores (such as putting on my clothes) how should I handle the cleaning of myself and my surroundings?

18. If I am washing my Naajes hand and meanwhile some of the water, either from my hand or from the faucet or from the basin splashes onto my shirt or pant, what should I do?

19. Sometimes I stay at friends' homes who have marks on their carpets or furniture that are obviously Naajes... even if that Najaasah is from a long time ago it is still obvious. Since they are non-Muslims or non-practising Muslims they do not care about this, but what should I do about my clothes, hands, etc if I sit or touch these places?

20. If I am bleeding from my foot, hand, etc. a little bit and I only find out after some time that I am bleeding, how should I handle all the places I have walked on and/or touched?

21. How do I clean Najaasah off of things such as mobiles, computers, laptops, telephones, and so forth without destroying them?

22. How should I clean Naajasah on books and the pages inside them? And how do I determine that it is Naajes to begin with?

23. How am I supposed to clean a washing machine from Najaasah, given that I am constantly inserting unclean clothes into the washer and the water level of the washer does not cover the entire machine (meaning that certain portions of the washing machine will remian dry and Naajes)?

24. What is supposed to be done when I am with my wife on the same bed, given that there will be a lot of close contact and whatever Naajes comes out of one person will be touched by the other one, sometimes unknowingly, and transferred to other parts of the house?

25. How do I determine Najaasah on a dark surface or cloth, or on a surface where the contrast between clean and unclean would be difficult to make?

26. How should I clean my office when it is Naajes, since it is awkward to do this cleaning in front of many other people?

27. How am I supposed to handle the situation wherein a Muslim does not accept that he is spreading Najaasah but rather blames by "Waswaas" for all the problems?

28. I have cracks in my feet which have not healed after a long time. How would I know that the blood that comes out of it from time to time has made anything else Naajes?

29. How does dry Najaasah spread and how can it be cleaned?

30. I was told that wiping a wet towel over a dry Naajes surface is of no use, since it only spreads the Najaasah. Is this true? And if so, what can be done to clean the original Naajes area and any other areas that were made unclean?

31. I place my dirty and Naajes clothes in plastic bags in my restroom before putting them inside the washer. Sometimes the outside portion of these bags becomes unclean (because the clothes were placed there incorrectly, or fell out, etc) and this in turn touches parts of doors, furniture, and so forth, while transporting the bags from my restroom to the washing machine. So how do I know that the Najaasah has been transferred from the bags to the furinture, chairs, doors, and how do I clean these places?

32. I have a series of questions over how wet and dry Naajasah transfer. Thus I was wondering about all the possible combinations of a dry or wet cloth that is originally clean making contact with Najaasah that is either wet or dry, and in which case is the Najaasah transferred and in which case is it not transferred?

33. What is the way to clean dry Najaasah on ones' hand or body part, that is Najaasah that comes from a dry surface?

34. On what threshold is a drop/drops of urine, sperm, blood considered to be Naajes and on what threshold is it considered to be negligible and can be ignored. That is, how much wet Naajasah in centimeters of diameter should there be so that a person has to start considering the cloth or surface as Naajes... and what about Naajasah that has dried, what should be its diameter in centimeters, or its weight (if applicable)?

35. There are insects in my restroom, which often settle onto Naajes parts of the restroom and then on clean clothes and surfaces. How should I determine that these clothes and surfaces have been made Naajes and how can I clean them (because many times these are the clothes I have to wear and I cannot wash them, etc)?

So these are the main questions I have with respect to Najaasah and Tahaarah. If there are any things that are unclear from my questions and if the brothers/sisters need any clarifications, I will provide them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
:salamext:

May Allaah reward you brother for your sincerety in wanting to remain pure and clean. :)

Since we don't have any scholars on the forum, insha Allaah you can ask your question here;

http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

I hope you don't take offence, since you can simply copy and paste your questions to the scholar, and insha Allaah he will respond to them in a suitable manner.

May Allaah reward you for your patience.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-27-2007, 05:47 AM
:sl: anonymous
i have read your post, however i am unable to answer all questions tight away. please be patient, it may take up to 2 weeks, whilst i research your answers.
briefly though, i think some questions you asked are genuine, in that they do need a fatwa, however some i believe are due to wiswaas, and i think that you should ignore them.
in the mean time, i think they may have the answers your looking for on islam-qa.com. its a really helpful website.
:sl:

Ummu Sufyaan
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
:sl: brother.
i know have the answers, inshallah.

Asalamualkum.
It is good that you are able to identify your problems, alhamduliah, inshallah, the next step is a cure. It is also good that you link these issues to ignorance in religion. As I know someone who goes through similar problems, and they have noticed that when bother to research something, it turns out my wiswaas is due to their ignorance. also, the more wiswaas they get, it usually means that they are doing something wrong.
I would firstly just like to tell you to go easy on yourself, because the I personally have notice that the more one pays attention to these, they don’t go away, they come back and become worse, and they eventually lead onto something that is bigger and even more frustrating.
I also advice you before you do anything, in regard to satisfying this wiswaas just sort of try to think and contemplate where by doing what your doing will lead you to. I see it leading to bigger and more frustrating things. You’ll probably even notice that you will become anxious even just thinking about doing certain things, in your case cleaning the najaasah, or you will be just nervous when you have to clean najaasah away, etc. also I believe that this will cause you to become anti social. I kknow that because I notied that my friend has become slightly anti social.
In regard to you taking medications, but them not being of any help, I think that this has to do with wiswaas, so im thinking that no matter what tablets medications you take, I really don't think they will help. The medication is usually trust in allah, and strong will. Someone suggest to my friend that she go on a mild dose of anti depressants but I don’t really like to because I think that because it is connected with something religious, in that shayttan wants us to stop worshipping allah, then it can be treated without prescribed medications. As opposed to an OCD with say cleaning and dusting. We just have to be strong and ignore it, because really, that’s one very affective way to get rid of shaytaan. I hope you understand what I mean.
as for the answers:

1.why don't you just wash the part of the sheet where it came into contact with the urine. as for washing off sperm (maniy in arabic), then there is no need, as it is not considered as naajis. see the following fatwa:

“Maniy is taahir according to the most correct opinion among the scholars. The evidence for this is the report of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to wash the maniy (from his clothes) then go out to pray wearing the same clothes, and I could see the spot where he had washed it.” (Agreed upon).”
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2458&ln=eng&txt=maniy

2.hmm.. im not sure about this one. my only answer is its only as hard as you want to make it really.

3.Why don't you just wash out the najaasah under the tap, or something then put in the machine, so that when you put it n the machine the najaasah is already gone.

4.Firslty, tell the person who told you that to provide evidences for their statement. secondly, why don't you use water.
5.key word, you said it yourself, a mental fear. i have a feeling that this thing is just somehting in the head. what i mean is the more you worry about it, the more it will happen. all you have to do is try your best to reverse your thinking, If you are able to get your self into a habit, you can get your self out of it.

6.Fear makes things worse. Have you noticed that the more you think about it, The more it seems to happen. Are you sure that it is sperm that comes out of you and not prostatic fluid. see the following fatwa: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2458&ln=eng&txt=maniy.
as far as i know you do not need to make ghusl for what comes out without desire: all you need to do is perform wodoo. see the following fatwa: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=12...=eng&txt=maniy
and
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=47...=eng&txt=maniy

7.why are you worring about somehting that could not be naajis. why don't you just worry about it when you find out that it is naajis.
by the way, what makes you think that blood is naajis. is it?? i have never heard that one.

8.do you mean by this question what happens when something najaasha becomes in contact with some thing clean, but does not became established on it, it simply comes in contact with it. well in that case, read the following fatwa: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=96...g&txt=najaasah

9.i also need to know the answer to this. what is the ruling on wearing clothes that have been stained with urine, and things that are considered to be naajis. is one allowed ot pray in such clothing??
brother, how do you know that it comes i contact with other clothes?

10.how do you know that blood is naajis. what is your evidence?? read the following fatwa in regards to forgetfulness: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10...g&txt=najaasah

11.brother, your worrying about dust. im not going to answer this, as firstly i don't have an answer, and secondly, i really think shaytaan is enjoying you anxieties and weaknesses. i dont mean to sound offensive.

12.if it has no najaasah on it, then it shouldn't be cleaned. Otherwise just rub it out/remove it under the water, until the najaaasah is removed.

13.brother, i think you should read this: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=41027&ln=eng

14.sorry, i dont know the answer to this.

15.im not sure if i said this before, but why do you worry about something that you don't know about?

16.if you see something naajis, just clean it off.
17.sorry, i dont know the answer to this.

18.wash it off, or remove it.

19.i am assuming that since it has been there for a long time, then it has dried. in this case, refer to the answer to qn 8.

20. is blood naajis to begin with??

21.wipe them, until the najaasha is gone.

22.as for the first part of the qn, i don't know, as for the second part of the question, refer to question 15.

23.try wiping away the najaasah when finished using the machine.

24.sorry, i dont know the answer to this.

25.try not to worry about what you dont know. if you know for sure that najaasah has fallen somewhere, then clean it off.

26.no offence, but why would your office get dirty??

27.i would probably show him authentic evidence of what he is doing is bad. also, he may have a point in what he says, no offence or anything.

28.once again, how do you know that blood is naajes??

29.if you don't know how it spreads, how do you know if it does spread in the forst place. i think this answer conforms to the answer in q8

30.sorry, i dont know the answer to this.

31.once again, don't worry about what you don't know. why are you so worrying about how to clean things. no offence or anything.

32.i think this question's answer also conforms to the answer to q8

33.i m sorry, i didn't understand this qn.

34.i do understand this question, but i dont know if there is an answer to it. sorry.
35.sorry, i dont know the answer to this.

i dont mean to offend you in my answers. as i said, some of the questions i think have a genuine answer to them, other i think seen relfect a chronic disorder. no offence or anything.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.