/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really need help/advice

AnonymousPoster
07-27-2007, 12:05 AM
asalamalakum brothers and sisters

I really have this bad habit of masterbating while watching explicit videos...
I really try and stop i really do but somehow it happens cant fight it, i dont have enough control over my body, i really do wanna become a better muslim but im afraid i wont be able to if i keep going astray like this. When ever i try and stop masterbating i try reading namaaz and doing duah to allah to help me with this problem but then i just start this habit again, i keep masterbating then i stop and try not to and read namaaz and then i start over. this cycle has been going on for a few years and im afraid that allah might have given his hope up on me or something or he's sik and tired of me asking him for forgiveness everytime i masterbate.

i really need your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-27-2007, 01:55 AM
A hadieth that might answer your question
Sahih bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

Also, a believer should never dipair in Allah subhana wa ta'ala's forgivingness. Allah subhana wa ta'ala is Ar-Rahmani Ar-Rahim

Oh, also try to avoid idle time.

Muslim Woman
07-27-2007, 02:13 AM
:sl:

should it be moved to brothers private sec ?

Abdul Fattah
07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Well I was thinking that to, but perhaps the anonymous poster does not have access there, that's why I didn't move it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
07-28-2007, 09:46 AM
salaam

i think u should constantly remind urself that this dunya is nothing compared to the hereafter.
Also you wouldnt masterbate if your parents were with you right? but u do it when ur alone thinking no one is watching you, but Allah is watching us all the time!!

AnonymousPoster
07-29-2007, 02:18 PM
thanks for the advice so far but please i really need more advice and help

Woodrow
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Like many things the more you think of trying to prevent it, the more aware you become of it. From the physical aspects the desires are one of the strongest temptations we all face in our youth. It is more of an example of immaturity and lack of self control. I know that it does not help at the moment, but as you get older, you will become more mature and understand the need to develop self control, in all areas of your life.

Not for the immediate problem, avoid provocative situations, spend more time in prayer, minimize contact with members of the opposite gender. When the thoughts or sensations become troublesome, stop and think. Think about how this is an excercise in developing self control and gaining maturity, think that it is a childish behavior and not appropriate for a young adult. Raise yourself above the level of being the slave of physical distractions.

Keep in mind this is a very short, temporary period of your life, that this will ever be a real problem. A good technique is to learn some physical relaxation techiniques, it is also good to engage in more strenuous active physical activities such as sports or jogging etc.

MaiCarInMtl
07-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Try to distract yourself with hobbies, spend time with friends or adults (so that you try and avoid being alone). perhaps try and take notice if you get these urges during specific times (ex: time of day or when you are stressed, etc) and try to find a way to avoid these kinds of situations or other ways of dealing with things that might bring up this kind of situation. Perhaps take up a sport or go to a gym, not only does it tire you out, you'll end up healthier and you'll feel better (mentally).

AnonymousPoster
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Why don't you try to get rid of the source of the problem... how about trying to stop watching those movies inshaAllah

And remember that no matter how many times you fall into sin, if you repent sincerely with the intention of not doing it again then Allah will forgive you inshaAllah:

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘All children of Adam are sinners, but best among sinners are those who constantly repent.’
[Tirmidhi: Anas]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.