/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A problem with my pc!

Uthman
08-31-2005, 12:34 PM
:sl:

I hope it's ok if I post this topic here. Whenever I try to connect to the internet using programs like Windows Media player, realplayer, even IE it comes up with:

Forbidden

You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.

It only happens on this user account. I tried the following method:

The conxion to the net might be -------s'd, just try 'uninstalling' your net stuff hardware, and 'reinstall' it. How's that, I hear you explain. Okay, as you seem to have an M$ machine, open the control panel, click on 'system', open the 'hardware' tab, click on 'device manager'. From the list of gear found in yer hefty machine, click on the miniscule '+' to the left of 'Network Adapters', then highlight the gear-stuff-doohicky-thing that appears. From the 'Actions' menu, choose 'uninstall'. Click on some obvious icons that may or may not appear. Your network card will now be 'soft uninstalled' from your system. This means that the card hasn't gone anywhere (duh!), but the required files have gone bye bye. Most M$ machines also flush the networking and all it's related files down the tube when the adapter is uninstalled. If you now restart your system, the sorry machine should be able to find the gear you just uninstalled, and should subsequently reinstall the entire network subsystem.

This is a bit of a hardcore procedure, and might require a ton of CD's close at hand. The actions described are also for a Windows SUXP.., -er- sorry, XP system. If you can't reinstall the network, you can't access the 'net; thus predictably you'll miss out on all the fun and party times at the UI forum. And we wouldn't want that.
It didn't work.

Somebody suggested this:

This issue can occur if the connection for your ISP is damaged. Create a new connection to your ISP and you are done

I don't know how to do that because I'm using a wireless (WI-FI) broadband connection so I'm not sure about how to go about reconnecting to my ISP. If anybody can help it'd be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
09-01-2005, 05:35 PM

Or not.

:w:

kadafi
09-01-2005, 06:21 PM

Definately a proxy issue or your isp connection is damaged. Since you're on wireless internet, go the main pc [the one which has a direct connection with internet] and reinstall.

Uthman
09-01-2005, 06:52 PM

JazakAllah Khair Kadafi. :) You are a godsend (in a manner of speaking of course)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.