/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian govt platform drops "armed resistance"

wilberhum
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - The Palestinian government of President Mahmoud Abbas has dropped the phrase "armed resistance" from its platform, a minister said on Friday, in a further break from Hamas Islamists in control of Gaza.
A spokeswoman for Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert welcomed the move, which coincided with a flurry of diplomatic activity aimed at resuming long-stalled peacemaking.
"In this platform, we are very clear that the armed resistance must come to an end because it has nothing to do with establishing the state," Ashraf al-Ajrami, the Palestinian minister of prisoners affairs, told Reuters.
"Armed resistance and armed struggle are not included in the platform," he said.

(More)
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...es_still_alive

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I thought this was a major event. Maybe peace could happen.

Or do it confirm my fear that no one wants peace.

Keltoi
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I thought this was a major event. Maybe peace could happen.

Or do it confirm my fear that no one wants peace.
You forgot that Fatah are Zionist stooges...:D

KAding
07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
The thing is. One side saying they will no longer fight might deescalate the conflict, but will it bring closer a final solution?

What about all the settlements in the West Bank? What about Jerusalem? What about the refugees?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
07-30-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
The thing is. One side saying they will no longer fight might deescalate the conflict, but will it bring closer a final solution?

What about all the settlements in the West Bank? What about Jerusalem? What about the refugees?
"Final Solution"? That rings a bell. :?

There are many issues to resolve.

Discontinuing killing each othere is a good start.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.