/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Muslim Prisoners - Sign the petition

HumbleServant
07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Protecting Muslim Prisoners - Sign The Petition

To: Ms Jacqui Smith. Home Secretary

We, the undersigned demand that a full investigation be made into HMP Frankland following the recent attack on Eesa (Dhiren) Barot there on 13th July 2007. Further to this brutal attack, two other Muslim inmates were threatened. Omar Khyam has received death threats and Hussein Osman's cell was set on fire.

We demand to know:

1) Why Eesa Barot was only admitted into hospital on Monday 17th July (4 days later).

2) Why the prison service protects paedophiles by giving them a separate wing, yet insists when the safety of Muslim prisoners is in jeopardy that "We will continue to treat these prisoners like all other criminals. We will do what is necessary to protect them but we have no intention of creating special conditions for them."

3) Why Omar Khyam has not been allowed to move from HMP Frankland despite receiving death threats. Instead, Omar has voluntarily gone into solitary confinement.

4) Why the police have refused to describe Eesa Barot's injuries. Ian Huntley's attacks in prison by fellow inmates were always fully described.

5) In light of the fact that HMP Frankland has had 3 threats on Muslim inmates in as many weeks, what checks will be put into place by the Home Secretary to prevent a reoccurrence of such incidents.

We urge Her Majesty's Prison service to accord Muslim prisoners the same right as other prisoners to serve their sentences in peace, without being under the threat of physical attacks from fellow inmates. Ignoring such attacks simply gives racist inmates the green light to continue indiscriminate attacks on Muslim prisoners.

Sincerely,

Click Here To Sign Your Name

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
07-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Greetings and peace be with you HumbleServant;

I am the 36th person to have signed this petition, but for it to have any clout it needs thousands; so come on everyone and get signing.

This is the second petition I have signed today to let you know that you are not alone in your struggle against injustice.

Earlier today I signed a petition to David Miliband, foreign secretary appealing against the injustice suffered mainly against Muslims in Gaza.

Christian Aid is behind this campaign and you can find the link at:
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/stopp...ions/gaza.aspx

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

HumbleServant
07-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Excellent Eric,

Cmon people... if every individual who has posted on this forum since this post was made was to sign.. it would make a massive difference.

Today it's Dhiren Barot, tomorrow it could be you or your loved one. It's a shame it has to hit home before we open our eyes and realise exactly what's going on and actually give two hoots about these things.

Allahu Musta'aan.

jzcasejz
07-29-2007, 04:21 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

I signed it yesterday. :happy: :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-30-2007, 06:02 PM
:salamext:

Signed, may Allah reward you.. by the way thanks eric! :)

Umm Abdullaah
07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
Excellent Eric,

Cmon people... if every individual who has posted on this forum since this post was made was to sign.. it would make a massive difference.

Today it's Dhiren Barot, tomorrow it could be you or your loved one. It's a shame it has to hit home before we open our eyes and realise exactly what's going on and actually give two hoots about these things.

Allahu Musta'aan.
I've signed it - may allah reward you for your efforts sis ameen

*~Sofia~*
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
salam

just signed it sister.. 264 signatures and counting :D

w'salam

Haidar_Abbas
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
signed and sent alhamdulillah barakaAllahu feek for this wonderful effort may Allah(SWT) reward you in this life and the hereafter ..aameen :sl:

.: Jannati :.
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I was wondering, Alhamdulillah this is for a good cause etc etc...but er..do we sign using our real names?

WaSsalaamuAlaykum

wilberhum
07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Why the prison service protects paedophiles by giving them a separate wing
I think peadophiles deserve more protection than terrorists.

Muslim Woman
07-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

This is the second petition I have signed today to let you know that you are not alone in your struggle against injustice.

Eric

thank u :sunny:

Eric H
07-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all.

I sincerely believe that we should speak out about any injustice, be it against a Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Sikh or atheist.

Any attempts to put injustice right must be approached in a peaceful way that does not add further injustice to someone else.

My bottom line is to acknowledge that thirty thousand people die needlessly of abject grinding poverty and preventable diseases every single day in Africa. They represent people of all religions and no religion.

The biggest injustice in this world is that over one billion people live on less than a dollar a day. Half the world population lives on less than two dollars a day.

If you are lucky enough to earn over five thousand dollars a day, this puts you in the top ten percent of the richest people on Earth.

In the spirit of seeking justice for all people

Eric

beespreeteam
07-31-2007, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you all.

I sincerely believe that we should speak out about any injustice, be it against a Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Sikh or atheist.

Any attempts to put injustice right must be approached in a peaceful way that does not add further injustice to someone else.

My bottom line is to acknowledge that thirty thousand people die needlessly of abject grinding poverty and preventable diseases every single day in Africa. They represent people of all religions and no religion.

The biggest injustice in this world is that over one billion people live on less than a dollar a day. Half the world population lives on less than two dollars a day.

If you are lucky enough to earn over five thousand dollars a day, this puts you in the top ten percent of the richest people on Earth.

In the spirit of seeking justice for all people

Eric
Yes, of course we speak out against any injustice. The Prophet always did. However, these come to our attention because these people are our brothers and sisters - in the same way you get more emotional if it was family or friends.

Muslims must give 2.5% of their savings every year to charity. If every single person in the world did that, it would make a HUGE difference. Imagine; every single person in the world gave 2.5% of their savings EVERY year, ALONG with the many dollars that are given willingly...

[sarcasm]But then again, Shariah law is so barbaric and Muslims would start killing everyone...[/sarcasm]

north_malaysian
07-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Signed. I'm number 301.:peace:

HumbleServant
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhSiNaH
I was wondering, Alhamdulillah this is for a good cause etc etc...but er..do we sign using our real names?

WaSsalaamuAlaykum
Salaam sis, it's not necessary to if you don't want to insha Allah:D

chand
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Ive just signed and i was the 477th perosn so alot of people feel the same way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.