/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sister looking for work

taheera
07-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Asalaamu alaikum brothers & sisters,

I have a sister who needs a job in an islamic environment, she wants to put the hijab on insha-Allah but can not wear it in the job that shes in as she is worried that they would fire her.

If anyone has any websites or knows of anyone who is in need of an employer can you please pm me insha-Allah:
okay: .
Jazak Allahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha!
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
you can work in your local masjid.

Medina83
08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
i know its not easy but she could risk putting on hijab at the risk of being fired.

I mean who is she afraid of more? Allah or her boss?

Sorry if thats harsh but this is what I ended up telling myself when i didnt wear hijab and was afraid to wear it to work...this got me to put it on and I firmly believe that Allah swt will reward those who take a risk for His sake and her job will be fine inshaAllah..

Remember Allah swt provides for us all!!!

Aisha!
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
well i seen muslim women wear scarf above and clothes under.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Medina83
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
yes its better to start with just a hijab than with no hijab at all :)

for example i start off with hijab and tucked it in to my top.

now i wear long tunics from www.shukr.co.uk and i wear my hijab out and pin it across my tunic.

its easier for her and her work colleagues to make changes gradually and subtly and eventually i hope to wear jilbabs or abayas.

still though the requirements of loose, total covering and non-transparent are covered by tunic and hijab...

little by little is better and easier for everyone

inshaAllah she gets the courage to put on hijab..you feel so ecstatic to be doing it and fulfilling the law of Allah and at same time its like putting your trust in Allah and making that leap of faith that all will be ok...

Al-Baqarah: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks

subhanAllah so He will NOT let you down :)

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83

subhanAllah so He will NOT let you down :)
Very true words...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.